Click column header to sort
Wood is currently searching for a Sr. Program/Project Manager experienced in the chemical manufacturing industry with experience mothballing processing equipment. As the Program/Project Manager you will be responsible for managing a stable of projects related to the shutdown and mothballing of an active chemical manufacturing plant and other related projects in Bayport, Texas.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Accomplish customer objectives by overseeing a number of related projects
- Ensure that projects have clear and complete scopes, schedules, and budgets are prepared and accepted by the customer for the program of projects
- Assure that there are solid execution plans for each project which are scaled to the size and complexity of that project
- Meet the resourcing goals of each project to assure its efficient execution
- Provide guidance to the project teams to accomplish the scope of work and achieve project goals, schedule milestones and cost & quality objectives
- Maintain a successful change management process throughout the life of the projects
- Drive a robust risk management strategy down to each project
- Monitor and report on portfolio scope, schedule, cost, and quality trends throughout the life of the projects
- Hold regular update meetings with customer and project teams and other stake holders to assure that clear communication about status of projects, progress against milestones, costs, schedule progress, and other critical or contractual items is taking place
- Ensure that project teams are working well with on-site and external construction and maintenance contractors
- Drive project teams to complete projects, including high quality deliverables and complete closeouts
Wood is currently recruiting for a Crane Operator with experience in the oil and gas industry for Equatorial Guinea in West Africa. This will be a 10/3 rotation working 6 days a week.
Heavy equipment operators safely operate heavy machinery (Backhoe, , Excavator, Stacker, Forklift,
Tele handler & Cranes of different capacity and makes .) used in construction and maintenance work.
Heavy equipment operators to work as part of a Maintenance Support crew and report directly to the
Rigging and Lifting Supervisor/HEO coordinator
• Operate a variety of material-moving equipment daily according to schedule and instruction from
the Rigging and Lifting Supervisor, choosing and setting up the right crane, lift or hoist to complete
each task safely and efficiently
• Have knowledge and ability to create Critical Lift plans , correctly categorize lifts for routine & non
routine , use load charts
• Inspect machines and equipment daily, perform routine maintenance procedures and minor repairs
as required and initiate additional repair requests from mechanics when necessary
• Control cranes, lifts and other equipment using standard operating procedures to ensure effective
transportation of materials and safety for all personnel on site
• Create and update detailed log of material transportation operations, including information about
type of material, movement locations and additional data requested by the Supervisor
• Listen to Rigging and Lifting Supervisor’s plan prior to start of every shift, and complete all required
tasks accurately and within assigned deadlines with limited supervision
• Maintain visual and radio contact with ground operators according to best practices and site safety
regulations, and respond to questions and instructions clearly and quickly
• Provide additional support to other crane operators as necessary, including working overtime to
complete tasks, operating several types of equipment and training or monitoring junior operators
• Required to work a reasonable amount of overtime in line with company operational requirements
• Have willingness to perform tasks out with own discipline under guidance of department SME as
requested by Supervision
• Requirement to actively participate with positive input in all toolbox talks, safety meetings and the
client's reporting program
• Actively show willingness to learn through structured Technical Training and on site coaching
Title: Reporting Accountant and Analyst Job Description
** US Only- Authorization to work permanently in the US without sponsorship required.
Location: Corporate Office, Springboro, Ohio
Reports to: Controller
Supervises: None at this time
Reason for Position:
This role will be vital to the success of the corporation through support of the accounting department. With the growth of the corporation, this role will provide the analytics and reporting needed to manage short-term and long-term results along with the day-to-day operations of the Company. They will provide information needed for corporate reports from various departments. They will provide analytics of equipment and labor utilization.
- Create and maintain reports to include Accounting, Payroll, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Equipment utilization and any other ad hoc requests.
- Work with Equipment, Operations and Finance teams to provide analysis and make recommendations.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly and annual financial statement reports including cost to complete reports.
- Create and maintain reforecasts and budgets.
- Provide variance analysis.
- Assist auditors with data and report requests.
- Assist in month and year end closing and annual audit.
Wood is currently sourcing a procurement specialist for a Major Operator in Midland, TX.
U.S. Only: Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- May perform executive level job duties, such as establish and carry out departmental or organizational goals, policies, and procedures, direct and oversee an organization's financial and budgetary activities, consult with other executives, staff, and board members about general operations, analyze financial statements, sales reports, and other performance indicators, identify key strategic opportunities to improve organizational/cross-company performance, policies, and programs.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Mechanical Fixed Equipment Engineer with experience in the chemical manufacturing industry (based in the Bayport, TX area). As the Fixed Equipment Engineer you will be responsible for supporting a group of projects related to mothballing a an active chemical manufacturing plant.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Support a stable of projects related to mothballing an active chemical plant
- Coordinate with others to understand scope and schedule for all tasks and prioritize these as needed to complete each on time
- Develop technical plans for the long term storage of tanks, heat exchangers, vessels, piping, valves, etc.
- Develop and maintain lists of all fixed equipment and the mothballing and return to service plans for each item
- Specify and coordinate the technical aspects of changes to the plant to allow mothballing plans to be put in place for fixed equipment
- Take reasonable care of your own health & safety and of others who may be affected by you
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking an Entry to Mid-Level Geotechnical Engineer. The successful candidate will provide civil and geotechnical engineering support to Wood’s project managers responsible for delivering mining engineering projects to our clients.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established consulting firm that values its employee’s enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We provide the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career.
This position must be located in the Denver, CO office.
The ideal candidate will have a solid educational background in engineering fundamentals with an emphasis on geotechnical engineering, as well as excellent interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills and will be a proactive problem solver. This position offers the opportunity to work with, learn from, and be mentored by senior engineering staff while executing the following roles/responsibilities:
- Perform geotechnical field investigations and construction oversight at mining sites
- Perform slope stabili\ty, seepage, and deformation analyses using specialized sofware tools
- Provide technical drafting and design engineering support for mining infrastructure including tailings storage facilities, dams, heap leach pads, ponds and impoundments, waste dumps, piping, roads, drainage and other mine infrastructure
- Perform design engineering computations, including quantity calculations, foundation design, slope stability, settlement, etc. under the guidance of a senior engineer
- Design or redesign complex layouts and drawings from general written or verbal specifications from the project team
- Prepare civil / geotechnical design reports under the guidance of a senior engineer
- Will travel to project sites in western US and internationally
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking an Environmental Engineer, Scientist, or Geologist for work with remedial operations, engineering design, and construction in our Bayside, Queens office. The work will involve supporting feasibility studies and treatment process design and operations on government and commercial remediation systems as well as engineering support during construction. Wood is a multi-disciplinary science/engineering/architecture firm of 150+ staff in the NYC area and offers the opportunity to work on technically challenging projects for a wide range of clients throughout the US.
The ideal candidate will have a solid background in environmental and treatment process engineering as well as excellent interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and will be a proactive problem solver. This position offers the opportunity to be a task leader on design components, to interact with clients and senior staff in other Wood offices, contribute to the growth of the environmental engineering group, and collaborate engineering staff in multiple disciplines while executing the following roles/responsibilities:
- Prepare feasibility study evaluations and reports
- Support remedial operating systems, for example, groundwater extraction and treatment systems and soil vapor extraction systems
- Design treatment systems, prepare engineering evaluations, and develop conceptual cost estimates
- Prepare Work Plans, Operation and Maintenance Plans, Sampling and Analysis Plans, Feasibility Studies, and Remedial Action Plans
- Prepare environmental permit applications and compliance reports supporting remediation system operations (e.g., air permitting, sewer discharge permitting, etc.)
- Review plans, specifications and special provisions for remediation systems
- Prepare requests for proposals and assist in subcontractor procurement
- Oversee remedial action implementation
- Review and comment on contractor submittals
- Track payment applications, requests for information, change order requests and general construction phase submittals
- Conduct construction closeout activities including final inspections, completion of punch lists, record drawings, and contract closeout
- Oversee operation and maintenance of remediation systems and document site operations in routine monitoring reports
- Analyze and interpret environmental data and prepare routine monitoring reports
Wood is currently seeking a Junior Civil Engineer to join our team in Greenville, SC.
- Prepare construction documents such as drawings, specifications, etc. as related to the civil site and infrastructure using Civil3D
- Primary function will be Civil design work for large-scale industrial projects for both EPC and Engineer Consulting contracts
- Client interface may be expected
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions currently has an opportunity for a summer Water Resources Engineering Intern in the Denver, CO office.
- Will work under the supervision of a Senior Engineer supporting our hydraulics and hydrology group
- Will support transportation engineering, drainage engineering and floodplain management work
- Will perform surface water hydrologic and hydraulic modeling utilizing HY-8, HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, and ArcGIS software extensions
- May develop system plan drawings using MicroStation or AutoCAD
- Convey results and findings by means of oral discussions, graphic-based presentations, and project documentation
Wood currently has an opportunity available for a Process Technology Advisor in India.
- Serve as an individual contributor and staff expert related to the organizations technology products and services and is involved with developing applications, hypothesis, approaches and concepts which require extensive interpretation, judgment and ingenuity
- Oversee a team of process engineers in the execution of process work on a large project or multiple small projects
- Apply process knowledge and experience to assignments where issues and factors to be considered may be characterized by unusual demands and requires additional analysis to determine the nature and scope of the problem; specifically these assignments are on projects covering the organizations technology
- Develop work plans and project schedules and assist in developing manhour estimates and scoping efforts for proposals and projects
- Develop, evaluate and recommend solutions for broadly defined problems performing work and making decisions independently
- May be required to act as Technical Authority (TA) with department approval responsibility for the following Process Deliverables:
- Process Simulations
- Process Flow Diagrams (PFD’s) with Heat and Material Balances
- Process Calculations
- Process Datasheets
- Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID’s)
- Equipment Lists (with associated sizing calculations)
- Line Lists (with associated sizing calculations and hydraulic calculations)
- Investigations of technical items - documented in written reports and studies
- Review and adherence to specifications, regulations, and standards
- Engineering Design, Commissioning, Startup, and Operating Manuals
- Attendance as Process Consultant at safety meetings such as HAZID, HAZOP, SIL and other Safety Hazard Assessments
- Coordination with other engineering and design disciplines and primary contact for project management team
Wood is currently recruiting for a Functional Safety Engineer with experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
Is responsible for the design, programming and configuring of control systems and the preparation of related drawings and specifications.
- Participate in development and review of P&IDs
- Develop automation specifications
- Develop safety controllers (SIS) configurations and programmable logic controllers (PLC) programming databases
- Prepare control panel rack, SDS, FGS (Fire and gas), PLC, computer system and advanced control specifications, and drawings
- Assist in the preparation and checking of loop and installation drawings for instrumentation controls and other instrumentation control drawings to applicable codes and standards
- Participate in vendors lists development, prepare requisitions, technical bid tabulations, make purchase recommendations, and review and approve vendor extra charges for equipment and material within their jurisdiction
- Provide Purchasing with technical clarifications to be sent to Bidders during bid evaluations
- Be responsible for all technical changes made after purchase, including issuance of requisition revisions and change order information to Purchasing in a timely manner
- Follow the status of vendor data in detail and be responsible for receipt of vendor data in sufficient time to perform the designs
- Ensure that vendors comply with requests for changes and so indicate on their revised drawings
- Monitor fabrication progress and maintain communications with vendors to assure on-time shipment
- Make shop inspections of control panels, racks, PLCs, and selected packaged systems as requested by the Project Manager
- Make field checkouts and punch lists as requested by the Project Manager
- Update data sheets as required to reflect as-built condition
Wood is currently recruiting for an Quality Control / Inspector with extensive experience in the oil and gas industry.
- The qualified candidate(s) will work at client construction project site throughout, inspecting and assessing electrical systems inside and out (Voltage, currents, amps/breakers, etc.)
- Must be able to submit professional reports to clients and must have the ability to meet deadlines
- Ensure technical specifications, industry standards, and code requirements are adhered to.
- Identify and resolve deficiencies.
- Generate NCRs for non-compliant equipment / installations
- Submit daily weekly reports on quality control / assurance status.
- Work with punchlist team and assist in prioritizing completion of areas.
Wood is currently recruiting for HSSE Project summer co-op for Springboro- OH office.
- Ensure security, integrity and confidentiality of data
- Compute, record, and proofread data and other information, such as records or reports
- Compile, copy, sort, scan and file records of office activities, training records, employee certifications, equipment records, inspections and audits
- Operate office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, and personal computers
- Assist with inventory and maintenance of materials, supplies, and services
- Provide general administrative and clerical support to other departments
- Research safety related concerns, topics and request
- Keep organized with a calendar for follow up requirements
- Maintain inventory of safety supplies and forms and order items as needed
- Complete requisition and follow through on deliveries
- Maintain employee listing and monitor drug testing administration
- Compile weekly project statistical reports
- Maintain safety communique postings on communication board and in the lunch room
- Attend weekly safety meeting, summarize and distribute meeting notes
- Attend safety committee meeting, compile notes and distribute
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking an Office Manager to join our Puget Sound offices team.
- Lead the operation of the Puget Sound offices as responsible P&L manager reporting to the Area Manager
- Take responsibility for office financial performance, client satisfaction, staff deployment and development, resource management and office business development activities
- Establishes annual business goals and strategies and prepares annual business strategic plan
- Directs the offices marketing program and expands the firm’s business in the geographic area served by the Puget Sound office
- Serves as a visionary leader for office staff
- Provides technical, consulting and project management leadership to office staff and participates as a technical consultant and/or project manager on appropriate projects
- Ensures financial controls, quality assurance / quality control and compliance to Company policies
- Participates in marketing presentations to key clients
- Fosters team environment and develops staff through mentoring, leadership and training programs
- Directs office recruitment and staffing needs and manages Loss Prevention / Risk Management issues for the office
- Entails approval for contracts and commitments of work consistent with Company policy for signing authorities as Office Manager
- Requires individual discipline and knowledge to meet office budgets on a month-to-month basis; Therefore, the leader must be capable of functioning independently on office-specific issues and with minimal management approval
Wood requiere contratar Consultor en Hidrogeología para su unidad de negocio de Enviroment & Infraestructure. Entre sus principales funciones se incluyen:
- Participación en el diseño y estudios de ingeniería para proyectos relacionados a infraestructuras mineras.
- Realizar revisiones senior de hidrogeología
- Participación en estudio de hidrogeología (modelos conceptuales y númericos)
- Participar en análisis de filtraciones
- Coordinación de exploraciones hidrogeológicas
- Elaboración de propuestas
Wood is currently recruiting for a Certification Engineer with experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
Description of functions:
To ensure that competent certification is efficiently and effectively deployed in order to deliver the required engineering solutions for the BP Alaska Contract.
- Carry out the project specific certification activities as detailed in the Project Quality Plan and as directed and instructed by the Project Manager / Lead Quality Engineer
- Ensure that all necessary quality records are identified and retained in accordance with company, client and regulatory requirements
- Be familiar with the requisition requirements and equipment / material specifications
- Be fully familiar with the verification and inspection release processes and ensure their compliance
- To participate (as necessary) in management visits / audits to Suppliers and Sub-contractors
- To report promptly to the Project Manager all matters related to certification
- Be familiar with project document handover process
- Provide input and support the subcontractor / supplier evaluation processes and monitor subcontractor / supplier performance
- Review Supplier / Subcontractor Fabrication / Certification Dossiers
- Provide performance data as requested for reporting purposes
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking multiple qualified Field Archaeologists for our upcoming busy field season. The projects are expected to last through Winter 2019, are diverse in complexity, and involve archaeological survey and excavation investigations throughout the Midwest and Southeastern United States as well as Texas. (Amec Foster Wheeler is now part of Wood)
- Assist on surveys to identify and document archaeological sites as well as excavations to test the National Register site eligibility and large scale field and laboratory investigations to mitigate adverse impacts to significant archaeological resources
- Perform pedestrian reconnaissance, shovel tests, test unit excavation, mechanical excavation monitoring, as well as site documentation and artifact analyses and are supervised by a Field and/or Laboratory Director
- On archaeological field investigations, assist historic and prehistoric artifact identification, document features and other archaeological deposits, prepare site descriptions, photograph features and artifacts, prepare sketch maps of sites, and complete field forms completely and accurately
- On laboratory investigations, wash and process recovered materials and analytical samples, label and package artifacts, perform supervised analysis, and conduct computerized data entry
- May help in report production through preparation of digitized graphics, preparation of tables summarizing artifact data and other information, and preparing text for sections of the report that document the results of archaeological investigations
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Project Manager for our Springboro - OH office.
- Develop the project execution plans, lead project reviews, lead negotiations with the client on change orders and contractual disputes while maintaining a solid client relationship and client satisfaction
- Establish and execute safe and effective project delivery strategies covering estimating, procurement, project management and controls
- Bid management, scope definition, program and estimate development
- Stakeholder management, both internally and externally in a challenging environment
- Ensure resources are identified early and available both through internal sources and our partner organizations
- Appliance of and compliance with Wood governance, project controls practices including maintaining P6 schedule and monitoring the project baseline
- Identification, assessment and mitigations of key risks and opportunities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Building Superintendent/Construction Manager with extensive experience in Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing in lab and commercial building experience.
The position is responsible for ensuring that all MEP work on the project is successfully executed and completed to high quality and safety standards.
As the successful candidate, you should have experience in EPC organizations working in the petrochemical industry on major projects and able to work as a client advisor.
U.S. Only: Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Ensure that Wood and client safety, health, and environment (HSE) programs are implemented and adhered to at all times
- Act as technical advisor
- Provide technical solutions and identifying solutions to project requirements
- Coordinate the execution of MEP design works by other affiliates to ensure compliance with project specifications and supervising production of civil and structural deliverables within time and budget
- Check and comment deliverables for Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing projects
- Check of drawings / models in accordance with Work Practices, standards and client standards
- Receive engineering design information and instructions from Senior or Principal Civil Designer as applicable
- Ensure that efficient and effective communications are maintained among the several offices involved, ensuring that all reporting requirements are met
- Ensure that the operating center produces final MEP deliverables
- Participate on Model Reviews as and when required
- Establish strong rapport between all parties involved in project work and successfully manage the civil team and interfaces with other engineering disciplines
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a NACE/BCI Inspector with the following certifications: (Please do not submit your resume for consideration unless you can provide us with current certifications as listed below)
- Bridge Coating Inspector
- Coating inspection for fabrication shop, and field bridge repainting projects
- Quality assurance inspection of materials related to painting