Wood is currently recruiting for a Civil Engineer with solar or renewable energy projects experience for out office in Mexico City, Mexico. The Civil Engineer will undertake specific tasks relating to delivery of our various renewable energy assignments, working under the supervision of the project managers and/or team leaders.
The ideal candidate will have experience consulting, and a demonstrated understanding of interconnection with Power Plants. A bilingual (Spanish and English) self-starter, who is interested in working as a consultant in a growing office will thrive in this environment.
- Act as the main interface and manage the relationship with key clients, and take responsibility for the financial performance of any projects managed
- Take responsibility for delivering tasks assigned by project managers and/or team leaders on time, to budget and to the required standards
- Build and maintain knowledge of specific topics relating to the development of renewable energy technologies and utilise this to produce report sections which satisfy work instruction
- Produce high quality reports which fully address scope, are grammatically correct, and are within stipulated budget
- Resolve problems, interpret engineering specifications, investigate design and field engineering difficulties, coordinate work schedules and prepare progress reports.
- Ensure compliance with integrated management system
- Maintain training and certification requirements to meet the needs of site visits.
- Attend industry events to maintain market awareness.
- Establish leads in line with business development plan (where applicable)
- Participate in creation and submission of proposals
- Identify areas for personal professional development
Wood is presently recruiting an Integrity Management Software Specialist to support our Asset Integrity Solutions team in USA. The role will be primarily based out of the Wood Anchorage, Alaska office.
This is an opportunity to take a lead role on a highly visible project. The successful candidate will deliver and implement software solutions which track and control the condition of key systems and equipment in the Oil and Gas industry. The Integrity Management Software Specialist will inteface regularly with a multidisciplinary team working on major projects for leading operators. Key responsibilities include:
- Deliver and develop software-based technology for the integrity management of Energy Industry assets, including databases and risk models;
- Provide technology engineering expertise based upon knowledge of data acquisition and data management systems, inspection methods and integrity assessment methods;
- Follow up with clients during/after work scopes to identify potential improvements, trends or concerns with data recorded in the database;
- Provide ongoing maintenance support to the Wood client base for all software and technology related issues;
- Implement appropriate levels of reporting and control to provide the information necessary to maximize the profit and return on work undertaken by the Company;
- Liaise with Customer(s) personnel to develop discrete work scopes and build a professional working relationship with the Customer(s);
- Correctly adhere to the Company Health, Safety, Environment, & Quality policies
- Report to IM Software team lead in Houston, TX.
Wood seeks a talented Project Coordinator with EPC business experience. Solar, Wind, Renewables experience a huge plus. In this exciting role this individual will be the mission critical coordinator for large industrial projects including, solar filed, wind farms, and other large power-generating construction projects. Responsible for all project process acquisitions from inception to completion, in support of project management and Wood objectives.
- Responsible for periodically reviewing project financial data, aiding the Operations Manager and Project Managers with all matters related to the financial performance of projects
- Set up project server files, create, update and maintain project document control record keeping system and project related databases
- Create, update and maintain project document control record keeping system and project related databases
- Preparing project specific Master Document Registers, procedures, instructions and forms
- Processing supplier documentation
- Assist PMs and engineers in the development of project progress
- Communicate appropriate information to designated Project Owner, PMs and engineers
- Create and issue Weekly and Monthly progress reports, per EPC Contract requirements
- Coordinate project close-out procedures
- Obtain quotes from potential vendors and subcontractors for requested work
- Prepare acquisition forms to initiate subcontracts, rentals and material purchases
- Track acquisition progress through award to ensure timely completion of work
- Track project performance to ensure on-time completion
- Manage any change that occurs
- Ensure all client and company security and safety are always followed
- Attend meetings to communicate project status
- Ensure the accuracy of financial information produced for multiple projects including large multi-tasked or complex projects
- Review and track client invoices; work with PM and billing to correct & finalize invoices and monthly status reports
- Develop and implement reports of project expenditures
- Monitor client payments; assist in collection activity
- Review project expenses, client invoices, and related accounting transactions
- Act as Liaison between Project team, Project accountants and Area Finance
- Construction coordinator interfacing with Clients and Contractors to insure a positive safety culture
- Organize, direct, and drive the project from outset of planning in accordance with company policy to achieve project schedule and goals
- Complete County/City applications to obtain Construction permits required to mobilize to a project site
- Provide analysis and organization of project percentage spend to produce quarterly FERC reporting
- Tracking and organization of all EPC documentation for Turnover to Client
- Tracking and organization of all NERC and Ops Maintenance documentation for Turnover to Client
- Direct the collection and organization of all Closeout Documentation for Turnover to Client
- Create from draft to final presentation Construction award applications for the President’s, SCOAR TOPs, STEP, and Excellence in Construction Regional and National award entries
Wood seeks a Senior Supply Chain Project Manager to manage portfolio of renewable energy projects. Heavy experience in power & energy EPC/EPCM projects a plus.” This role will be based in Tucker, GA (Atlanta).
This position is responsible for effectively and professionally conducting and coordinating the activities associated with purchasing materials and/or equipment. The incumbent has thorough knowledge and understanding of procurement concepts, principles and practices, and the techniques of ensuring task completion, project delivery processes, and supplier relationship expectations. The incumbent understands the role of procurement and of this position in the project delivery process, understands the integration of procurement with other project functions, accomplishes value-added expectations, and performs assignments in accordance with established policies and procedures. The incumbent has advanced knowledge of a subject area or commodity.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the procurement of goods and administer assigned purchase orders to accomplish project or group objectives and obligations.
- May serve as the lead buyer or purchasing coordinator on medium to large size projects or tasks and may act as a subject matter expert in regard to a commodity or specialized subject area.
- Purchasing assignments typically will consist of major purchases of complex, critical or high-risk materials and equipment, or independently handle all purchases on a small project.
- Prepare bidder lists, qualify bidders, prepare requests for quotation, and conduct bid evaluations.
- Recommend source selections, plan and lead purchase order negotiations, and prepare and issue purchase orders.
- Obtain necessary reviews and approvals of bidder exceptions, bid evaluations, recommendations, purchase orders, and change orders prior to execution.
- Utilize established policies, procedures, systems, and tools to assure maximum contribution.
- Evaluate facts surrounding purchase order-related problem areas, determine the most appropriate remedial actions, and implement such actions through available means.
- Administer assigned purchase orders, including change order processing, ensuring compliance with contractual terms and applicable regulations, invoice processing and verification, and performance evaluation; ensuring supplier compliance in a cost-effective, timely, and responsive manner.
- Identify and advise management of purchase order-related risks.
- Development of potential and qualified suppliers, including performance history.
- Maintain purchase order and purchasing process documentation.
- Preparation of proposal deliverables, such as pricing of materials, labor estimates, and narratives.
- Assist Supply Chain Management in providing other support services as requested.
- Accountable to the assigned Procurement Manager.
- Timeliness, accuracy, and adequacy of the purchasing activities.
- Fulfillment of the purchase order requirements.
- Effective management of change activity to protect the company from claims.
- Timeliness, accuracy, and adequacy of purchase order-related problem identification, status reporting, and corrective action.
- Effectiveness of relationships with suppliers, management, clients, and support organizations.
- Maintain an understanding of business trends, industry issues and challenges, and supply market trends, and the implications on the area of assignment.
- Determine effective methods of delivering desired results.
- Assurance of the quality of tasks performed and outputs provided.
- Management of procurement-related risks for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Reports to the appropriate Project Supply Chain Manager or other assigned Supply Chain Manager for performance of work and achieving objectives.
- Works under minimal supervision. No direct reports. Supervises the work of less senior buyers and procurement support personnel who assist with the purchasing activities.
- Coordinates with project or departmental personnel in performance of the purchasing activities.
- Commits, spends and controls client and company dollars within limits established in company policies or procedures.
- Makes decisions within the scope of procedures and assures compliance with applicable supply chain policies and procedures.
Project Delivery Knowledge:
- Understands the project delivery processes as used for various contracting scopes (i.e. design, consulting, design-build, program management, construction management), and their relationship to Enterprise Procurement procedures.
- Understands major technical, organizational, managerial, and business issues related to operations management.
- Understands and experienced in commercial procurement, contract laws, practices and standards as they relate to Wood operations management and project delivery.
- Has good communications and writing skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with suppliers, project teams, clients, and others to organize and motivate achievement.
- Uses personal computer in support of electronic mail, and standard Microsoft Office software.
· Familiar with the capabilities of a materials management system, and uses it effectively for performing and coordinating the purchasing activities.
Wood is currently recruiting for an experienced Project Administrator in Sugar Land, TX.
US Only: Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
The Project Administrator is responsible for providing financial administration, support and commercial assurance checks on projects across multiple Business Units and offices.
- As an internal PMO resource, support Project Managers by establishing, maintaining and closing projects within the organisation’s financial management and accounting system to strictly defined procedures and protocols
- Carrying out assurance and exception checks at key stages of establishment and progress to ensure correct information is reflected on the system at any point in time, ensuring errors are corrected promptly
- Carrying out and documenting commercial checks to ensure that project set-ups reflect the correct contractual position on the financial system. This includes the set-up of approved project budgets and updates throughout the project lifecycle
- Maintaining registers of project rates chargeable (pricelists) and updating on a regular basis
- Maintaining up to date billing information against the projects
- Working with the PMs, billing in accordance with contractual and project requirements and timescales. This may involve applications for payment, e-billing, advance billing processes, and the provision of financial progress reports and other supporting information
- Preparing and submitting documentation to allow set-up of new customers, suppliers and contractors on the financial management system
- Supporting the purchasing process
- Carrying out timesheet amendments in accordance with approval policy
- Ad-hoc maintenance and update tasks related to project financial and other key reporting information
- Supply financial progress data where required to PMs including updating cost tracking tools and Excel based spreadsheets.
Wood is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant for the Gallatin, TN area.
The Administrative Assistant plays an important role to the overall success of the Company. As part of the Company, this person will oversee various administrative tasks related to all parts of the organization. This role will also work closely with the Accounting Department in various duties.
Essential Responsibilities (others may be assigned):
- Greet all guests that enter the building.
- Manage all facility needs to include office supplies, Janitorial service and supplies, copier maintenance and repair
- Open, sort, stamp, and distribute all incoming mail
- Report directly to Finance in Springboro office and assist as needed
- Must be able to work with little direction and be self-supervising
- Support Operations staff as needed
- Various clerical duties, including:
o Assist with Payroll data entry
o Assisting with office and safety inventory
o Assisting with HR as needed
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee’s enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career. We offer an extremely varied and interesting diversity of projects. We’d love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and the opportunity to make a difference.
We are seeking an experienced (8-15 years of applicable experience) Highway Drainage Engineer to support the Infrastructure Branch, primarily the Surface Water practice. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and able to lead and support simultaneous projects involving multi-disciplinary teams. The role is with the Phoenix Surface Water Practice; however, the position may frequently work with team members from our local Transportation Practice and/or with drainage team members from other Wood offices throughout the United States. Depending on the needs of the project, this position will assume both leadership and supporting roles on various projects and tasks.
- Leads, coordinates, and performs drainage design activities on projects to include: technical planning, design and construction support
- Designs and develops plans and drawings, which may range from conceptual layout, to final drawings, and/or as-builts. Designs and drawings will typically consist of storm drain systems and stormwater features, but may also include associated elements of roadways, grading, and low impact development (LID) or Green Infrastructure (GI) facilities
- Prepares and performs engineering investigations and planning activities
- Assesses feasibility of design alternatives
- Develops technical memos, reports, permit applications, and specifications
- Performs quality assurance / quality control checks to confirm accuracy and appropriateness of designs, computations, drawings, and reports
- Prepares proposals and develops and maintains project and task schedules and budgets
- Fosters relationships with team members, clients, and prospective clients, as well as industry stakeholders and regulators
The Phoenix, AZ office of Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions has an immediate opening for a Senior Electrical Engineer to primarily support water/wastewater projects and mechanical facilities upgrade projects in the commercial/municipal/government sectors. Experience with industrial client projects is desired but not of primary importance. The engineer will also be expected to support the needs for this discipline related to other sector projects as the need arises.
- Typically function as discipline or task leader on projects, assuming responsibility for the work of the EI&C group
- Design and provide construction engineering support for power systems supply and distribution for facilities
- Lead execution of work and resolve issues in a team environment
- Ensure compliance of design with all applicable codes and regulations, providing the seal and signature of the professional engineer when required by statute or contract
- Prepare material/equipment specifications and purchase requisitions; reviews supplier data; witnesses shop tests, assists with assessing supplier manufacturing capabilities
- Responsible for the review of electrical, instrument and control systems vendor drawings and data Interface with suppliers, clients, other engineering disciplines, detailers/designers
- Participate in the development of piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs) and equipment package specifications
- Help determine budget estimates and staffing requirements for the defined scope and schedule; May assist with other administrative and technical duties
- Perform quality reviews for detailed engineering documents and specifications
- Mentor other engineers and design personnel in technical excellence and career growth
The Phoenix, AZ office of Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a junior level Civil Designer candidate with advanced computer aided design (CAD, preferably AutoCAD Civil 3D) skills and meaningful experience in engineering and infrastructure design to support the Infrastructure Branch, primarily the Civil/Site Development practice group. Primary focus for project work will be to prepare construction drawings for general site civil development infrastructure.
- Support site civil development projects and clients with accurate drafting and design
- Design or redesign complex layouts and construction drawings for proposed site improvements, operating from general written or verbal descriptions/specifications generated from client/project team
- Create exhibits and documents for presentations and reports
- Work with project team to investigate and resolve problems with existing/proposed designs and make corrections to drawings as requested by the senior staff
- Create and update database of design records for reference and utilization on future projects
- Adhere to discipline-specific CAD standards
Wood is looking for a Senior Process Engineer to join our Salt Lake City, Utah team. The successful candidate will perform technical, operating and maintenance duties in support of commissioning and continuous operation of a metallurgical plant at one of our client’s facilities.
- Adapt and execute the operating plan developed for the pilot plant
- Provide technical input to improve metallurgical performance based on experimental observation
- Assist with sampling and preparation of samples for laboratory analysis
- Perform basic maintenance tasks and modifications as required
- Complete all company and client safety requirements on a daily basis
- Maintain a clean work environment at all times
- Assist as engineering support during construction of the plant
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Mechanical Engineer with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
- Ensure that the technical competence of Mechanical personnel under their supervision is matched to the work in hand
- Ensure that the work output of Mechanical personnel under their supervision complies with the relevant Wood, Client, national & international standards & procedures. This will be generally be achieved by applying the Wood checking and approval procedure for all created documents and calculations
- Provide technical assistance to Mechanical personnel as required, including developing the knowledge and skills of the Mechanical personnel and mentoring
- Ensure as far as practically possible all assigned work is carried out in compliance with agreed budget and schedule
- Be conversant and knowledgeable with respect to current and new legislation and standards e.g., BS, API and Client codes and standards, HS&E Regulations and EU Directives
- Prepare engineering and construction scope for both man-hours and equipment estimates and assist in the review of proposed schedules.
- Ensure that results of any development work are fully utilized in Mechanical activities
- Provide technical assistance to other disciplines as required
- Providing documentation and drawing deliverables for inclusion in workpacks and design books on time to meet offshore deadlines
- Producing cost effective designs that are fit for purpose and safe
- Participate as necessary in discussions with Clients and visit job sites as required
Wood is currently recruiting for a Benefits Lead with extensive experience in benefits administration.
** US Only- Authorization to work permanently in the US without sponsorship required.
This role will be responsible for the U.S.health and welfare plan including plan administration, compliance, communications and employee engagement. This individual will contribute to the development and implementation of program strategy and plan design. The Benefits Lead would demonstrates subject matter expertise with strong operational understanding of benefits administration and plan design. The Benefits Lead would be a part of an enthusatic, hands-on team.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Cost Controller with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. The successful candidate will coordinate and contribute to the preparation, evaluation, and delivery of project/portfolio project cost control, cost reporting, and cost forecasting ensuring relevant quality and accuracy standards.
- Ensure alignment with Wood cost control guidelines and procedures.
- Coordinate, facilitate Cost Control Meetings to obtain thorough understanding of Scope of Work and cost control requirements.
- Read and understand all relevant project documents pertaining to the Cost Control process and how it relates to executing project and portfolio level Cost Controls and reporting.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze project and portfolio cost reports in accordance with contract requirements and internal processes.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of and utilize corporate Cost Controls software (Imperium).
- Interface with Cost Estimating team to assure final definitive estimates are translated appropriately into Budgets according to WBS/CBS of each project.
- Perform job setup and apply funding according to the Cost Breakdown structure of each project.
- Ensure consistency and accuracy of data within the Cost Controls process including reporting at all levels of the Project and Portfolio.
- Develop and maintain project/portfolio forecasting with a solid basis and explanation.
- Monitor and control cost commitments and expenditure through all phases of the project lifecycle and at the portfolio level.
- Interface regularly with Procurement and finance to assure third party costs and time is captured appropriately and represented accurately as part of the cost controls process.
- Develop, maintain cost elements for each project and assure budgets are assigned accordingly.
- Process Change Requests as approved into the Current budget and adjust WBS/CBS accordingly.
- Assure Change requests are accurately reflected in cost reporting.
- Liaise regularly with engineering, procurement, construction, and others (as needed) to maintain awareness of project activities and their impact to the project budget, schedule and forecast.
- Monitor, analyze, and report Growth and Contingency drawdown
- Attend client project/portfolio meetings and be prepared to present cost performance status as required.
- Participate in contract and corporate audit process as needed.
- Facilitate and lead the project cost close out process.
- Perform other job-related functions as required
- Liaise with BP HSSE team on HSSE related activities
- Work with HSSE team in Anchorage as part of the “extended” HSSE team
- Work closely with site Construction Supervisor to ensure HSSE programs and indictors are in place and are being enforced
- Monitor HSSE performance of sub-contractors engaged through Wood in support of the BP EPC contract
- Implementation of the BP EPC contract HSSE Execution Plan and Bridging arrangements and the delivery of the HSSE Improvement Plan
- Implement HSSE oversight of detailed work-scopes to ensure that all HSSE expectations are met.
- Ensure the implementation of the Wg behavioral Safety Program, including the Safety Shield and Observation systems in particular
- Maintain significant site presence as required in accordance with the work schedule
- Plan and deliver HSSE improvement campaigns
- Promote and disseminate HSSE best practices and lessons learned
- Plan and implement site inspections to provide assurance against HSSE related topics
- Ensure self-verification activities are identified and impended at a site level
- Investigate accidents/incidents and prepare reports to ensure that 'root cause' issues are both identified and linked to measures to prevent a recurrence
- Compose regular HSSE reports for corporate and client review
- Attend and chair as appropriate site HSSE meetings, morning meetings, tool box talks, bi-weekly safety meetings, safety committee meetings and oversight
- Improvement in HSSE performance for the contract based on lagging and leading indicators
- BP contract HSSE improvement plans and objectives communicated, understood and delivered by the business
- Ensure all HSSE and technical incidents are investigated, the root causes are identified, and effective corrective and preventive actions are implemented
- All incidents and “near misses” reported, investigated and communicated within agreed timelines
- Successful roll out and implementation of regional HSSE objectives, initiatives and campaigns
- Demonstrable improvement of HSSE and positive influence of business performance
- Planning and progressing of the agreed level of HSSE activities and inspections
- Deliver accurate and timely HSSE reporting according to corporate standards
Wood's Environment & Infrastructure Solutions (E&IS) is seeking a Vice President / Regional Manager for the Southeast U.S. Region within the East U.S. & Latin America Business Group.
This is a senior leadership role within the operations structure responsible for managing and leading 17 offices across Florida, Georgia, North Carolina and South Carolina. The Southeast Region generates $250mm+ in annual revenue. The position requires a diverse background with management experience which includes a broad knowledge of public and private sector markets across a wide range of services including, but not limited to: Civil Engineering, Water Resources, Facilities Design, Transportation, Environmental Consulting, Program / Construction Management and Environmental Remediation.
Open to any major Wood E&IS office location in the area of geographic responsibility.
- Member of East US and Latin America Leadership Team expected to deliver own personal objectives for AOR and make significant contributions to East US and overall E&IS performance and growth.
- Work closely with office and project managers to deliver profitable, safe and sustainable projects and services for our clients
- Lead a diversified practice that includes environmental and infrastructure consulting services
- Drive profitability and growth across all offices and service offerings
- Attract and retain key personnel through effective leadership and visibility in the marketplace
- Plan and lead Business Development activities focused on growth markets and opportunities within the region
Strategic Thinking and Client Development:
- Identify trends and develop a long-term view of the industry, market and client base
- Anticipate medium and long term client needs and industry dynamics
- Drive sales opportunities through entire spectrum of E&IS services and champion cross-divisional approach
- Leverage E&IS divisions as well as Environmental and Infrastructure offices outside of region to increase market share
- Adapt to changing market conditions
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBLITIES
- Develops and delivers financial targets for the business (revenue, profit and cash)
- Leads employee development and advancement opportunities across the region
- Establishes the right safety culture to ensure employees work safely and effectively
- Promotes company values, behaviors and ethics and delivers high levels of employee engagement
- Coordinates business development efforts within the region
- Participates in marketing presentations to key clients
- Identifies and sponsors clients of regional and national significance
- Identifies new geographic and technical markets
- Serves as technical consultant on significant projects and proposals
- Directs senior-level regional technical personnel to make most effective use of their time
- Recruits and promotes a highly-effective team of Office Managers and key senior staff
- Promotes teamwork and collaboration between offices across the company
- Provides oversight of office business operations in areas of staff utilization, pricing, revenues, quality assurance and control, and loss prevention/risk management
Wood seeks an OSBL Piping Field Engineer to join our YCI Methanol Project team in St. James, LA. On assigned project(s), plans, organizes and controls company resources, clear direction, to achieve customer satisfaction and attainment of schedule, cost, and profit objectives while adhering to safety and quality requirements and company policies. Responsible for the day-to-day operations at the construction site and functions as the company’s chief site representative to the customer, local labor, subcontractors and vendors. For “construction only” projects, also functions as the Project Manager.
Wood's Solar/Wind/Renewables group is currently seeking a Process Engineer to join our team in Tucker, GA or Raleigh, NC. The deal candidate will have experience in PV Design and/or Plant Predict (by First Solar) as well as holistic solar component/application experience while working with our greenfield and browfiled construction teams. Thsi position will be primarily based in our offices in Tucker, GA (Atlanta) with at least 50% travels to project sites.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer – Department Head. The Wood E&IS Portland, Maine Office is a multi-disciplinary science/engineering/architecture team of 150+ staff, located in one of the most livable cities in the US. Wood offers the technical challenges of projects located throughout the US and globally within the relaxed environment of a small, vibrant city.
The Mechanical Engineering Department Head provides department management and technical direction in the mechanical engineering discipline within the Portland Design Center. Responsible for staff management, production scheduling, and technical quality for the mechanical design discipline within the organization. This individual will possess the ability to build and lead multi-disciplinary project teams and capture project opportunities.
- Have a thorough knowledge of HVAC building systems, Industrial ventilation, power, and energy systems; experience with plumbing, fire protection, and electrical building systems a plus
- Calculate heating/cooling loads and energy consumption using energy modeling
- Survey of existing mechanical systems
- Design duct distribution and mechanical systems
- Energy Auditing and LEED experience
- Manage engineering role of projects from design development through construction
- Coordinate or lead other disciplines in the building design field and work in a team environment
- Industrial process and power plant design experience
- Performs resource management for the Mechanical Engineering Department
- Manages the staffing levels and utilization of the department by tracking department performance statistics, and maintaining communication with team members
- Assures that design engineering services are commensurate with professional standards, client requirements, and corporate objectives
- Maintains knowledge of new technical developments in the discipline and assists technical leaders in the dispersion of this knowledge
- Oversees and guides project teams in carrying out design and engineering tasks
- Responsible for the technical quality of work performed within the department, overseeing the technical staff’s implementation of project QAQC plan
- Reviews unusual or complex design problems and guides their solution
- In collaboration with other department heads, establishes expectations and processes to achieve effective inter-discipline coordination and communication
- Resolves disputes and conflicts that develop within the department or with other departments
- Approves timesheets and expense reports per company policies and project allocations
- Evaluates the performance of technical staff and provides salary and bonus recommendations
- Leads the recruitment, selection, and development of engineers and designers for the discipline
- Maintains technical expertise within the department through technical training
- Performs senior engineer and project manager responsibilities on projects as needed
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc. currently has an opportunity available for a Mechanical Quality Assurance Auditor at a data center construction project in the Salt Lake City, UT.
The full-time, onsite Mechanical Quality Assurance auditor will be responsible for observing and inspecting the delivery, installation, and testing of mechanical and plumbing materials, components, and systems for a large-scale, mission-critical facility.
- Ensures compliance with the client’s quality program and project-specific drawings and specifications via routine field inspections of all mechanical and plumbing components and systems
- Use applications on an electronic field device to record results of inspections and noted deficiencies of mechanical/plumbing components
- Work in a team environment with the owner, manufacturer, construction manager, general contractor and their lower-tiered subcontractors to identify and prioritize inspections
- Able to read a project schedule and determine necessary inspections and tests required based on project and client specifications
- Proactively schedule inspections and tests with the general contractor and lower-tiered subcontractors based on short term look-ahead schedule
- Prepare daily and weekly reports summarizing the inspections performed and their results
- Track documented inspection issues / shortcomings through to resolution
- Assist in the review of design drawings and specifications
- Capable of tailoring provided general inspection checklists for project specific equipment
- Assist in turnover of completed facility to owner facility operations
- Can recognize installation trends, take initiative to investigate root-cause analysis, and recommend process improvement
Wood is seeking a Construction Area Manager located at our construction projects in West Texas.
Reporting to the Manager, Construction, the successful candidate will be responsible for the safe and effective completion of various large scale pipeline scopes within the project. If you thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this opportunity is for you.
- Work with the engineering team to provide constructability guidance during the planning phase of the projects.
- Manage a team of multi-disciplined construction coordinators and project engineers while managing multiple contractors in order to enable on time completion of their scopes of work.
- Monitor the performance of the contractors by insuring compliance with their contract responsibilities – specifically, HSSE, Cost, Schedule, and Quality
- Develop team relationships to ensure smooth interaction between parties responsible for work identification, planning & scheduling, resource provision, and execution of work
- Control nonconforming products, services and their subsequent repair, and re-work until corrective actions have been implemented
- Ensure compliance with established safety and environmental programs to execute services with zero harm to people, environment, and plant
- Monitor contractor safety performance and implement steps to rectify any trends of deficiencies in performance of the program
- Proactively participate in the overall safety and environmental programs to drive continuous improvement
- Ensure safety reporting, incidents, and near misses are reported both in a timely and accurate manner and in accordance with the standard procedure
- Maintain a thorough and comprehensive record of actions and events. Documenting and/or obtaining necessary detail to provide a clear understanding of particular occurrences and conditions
- All other duties as assigned