Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions’ Albuquerque, NM office is seeking a Civil, Environmental or Chemical Engineer with appropriate experience to support feasibility studies, planning, engineering design, cost estimates, construction administration and oversight of projects that could involve earthwork, heavy construction, utilities, water quality evaluation, water treatment, wastewater facilities, hydraulics, surface water hydrology, environmental planning, report preparation, alternatives evaluation and staff management. We encourage you to apply to join our team of friendly, dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and the opportunity to make a difference.
- Prepare engineering evaluations and feasibility studies, and develop conceptual cost estimates
- Prepare project planning and reporting documents including work plans, alternatives analyses and technical reports
- Perform engineering analysis for earthwork volumes, storm water hydrology, water treatment, utility design, pipeline design, pumping systems
- Develop construction drawings and technical specifications for civil and environmental projects
- Prepare construction cost estimates
- Develop or support proposal preparation
- Provide construction management support including review of contractor submittals and construction oversight
- Coordinate with and possibly oversee engineering work of other staff members to complete project assignments
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking an Entry Level Laboratory Technician to join our Salt Lake City, Utah team to support construction materials laboratory testing for mining, transportation and commercial/industrial construction projects.
- Will perform soil, concrete, asphalt and geosynthetic liner material laboratory testing
- Operate standard construction materials laboratory testing equipment
- Perform analysis or calculations to check accuracy of test data
- Data input for report preparation and submittal to clients
- Field technician dispatch
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Financial Analyst/Administrative Assistant to join our team in Austin or Houston Texas. Support local managers in managing and distributing information within an office or region including sending and receiving correspondence. Planning and scheduling events including office/client meetings and inquiring about participants' availability. Other duties may include scheduling appointments and preparing presentation materials. May record the minutes of meetings. A self-starter, who is capable of planning and managing their workload, and enjoys interfacing with senior managers within the organization, will thrive in this environment.
This position could be located in either our Austin or Houston, TX offices depending on candidate preference.
- Provide pro-active administrative support to the regional Vice President
- Monitor/track executive's movements, priorities, and emails and act as a proxy when needed
- Coordinates and schedules conference calls, meetings, travel arrangement and events for group; often coordinates events and interacts with leaders within and outside the business
- Produce high quality reports, presentations or other documents as required
- Prepare monthly results’ reports including but not limited to profit & loss statements, labor utilization, backlog, and sales/sector by customer
- Prepare and analyze comparisons between different levels of data
- Utilize multiple core systems to validate and reconcile data for reporting
- Support operations and functions through company budgeting/forecasting process for data entry
- Prepare various reports for ad hoc data requests, monthly results, and/or budgets
- Perform structure maintenance in ERP system as relates to reporting
- Prepares monthly reports with various comparison analysis, including but not limited to budgets, forecasts, and actual results.
- Acts as primary support and contact to function leads as relates to financials – budgets and actuals.
- Responsible for assisting budgeters and forecasters, including system support and/or troubleshooting.
- Perform system loads as pertains to budgets and forecasts.
- Perform analysis and validation within multiple systems to ensure accuracy of financial reporting within E&IS and to Wood corporate.
- Able to handle various administrative functions as assigned
Wood is currently searching for a Mechanical Commissioning Coordinator with extensive oil and gas experience. This position would be located in Houston, Texas.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS: Support client commissioning team to a successful completion and injury free activities and tasks in an office environment. This includes planning activities and procedure writing for Systems Completion scope of work.
CRITICAL SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES: Be responsible for understanding and executing Wood’s Safety Policies and Procedures throughout all phases of the project. Personal safety awareness and team safety awareness are necessary.
- Assist the Commissioning Manager in planning development and reporting
- Develop commissioning and start-up procedures for assigned mechanical/process systems
- Interact with Engineering and Operations team for input and draw from past experience and knowledge when developing procedures
- Read, interpret and work from vendor documentation, project drawings, schematic diagrams and equipment manuals
- Identify personnel and equipment resources necessary to perform mechanical commissioning activities for assigned systems
- Attend key mechanical/process equipment factory acceptance tests
- Requisition parts and supplies and maintain spare parts inventory
- Manage mechanical vendor support during the commissioning phase for the assigned systems
- Maintain records and prepare regular and special reports on mechanical and process systems
- Produce and maintain As-built drawings and documentation
- Assist Operations during Offshore Start Up, Provide Operations with technical support throughout Start Up, stabilization and performance testing
- Provide Turnover Coordinator with the required handover documentation, ensuring a smooth handover to Offshore Operations
- Analyze work problems and make corrections, which will facilitate the completion of assignments
- Read, understand and follow Permit to Work procedures
- Proficient with BSEE, ABS and USCG Regulations for Offshore Deepwater Facilities
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Coordinate activities with other departments and staff
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with direct supervision and other departments
- Other duties may be assigned or requested
Success criteria includes:
- Increased win rates within the respective businesses
- Ensure the business is properly supported
- Ensure quality of bids
Summary of Responsibilities include:
- Proposals - Lead proposal process from start to finish for respective business
- Cross Selling – Encourage and support cross selling of services for Wood across all markets
More detailed responsibilities:
- Business Development Responses: Responsible for leading Wood’s responses to business development opportunities, including initial pursuits of prospects, requests for information, solicitation of interests, pre-qualifications, and requests for proposals. Proposal coordination responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop and lead the implementation of a proposal responsibility matrix and proposal schedule
- Lead proposal kick-off and review meetings
- Faciltate the proposal win strategy development, value proposition and executive summary and ensure these key elements of the proposal are clear and concise throughout the proposal
- Develop sections of the proposal assigned to the Proposal Coordinator and expedite others at all levels of management and organization in the development of information required for the proposal
- Lead proposal data entry, formatting, editing, reviews, reproduction and delivery
- Interface with key participants, including clients, to execute the proposal process
- Develop sales and technical information for proposal use
- Develop proposal resource material (resumes, presentations, boilerplate, etc.)
- Ensure overall compliance with applicable client requests and requirements
- Follow proposal procedures and guidelines (Corporate and BU-specific)
- Proposal Management Reviews: Facilitate technical and commercial proposal reviews and lead red team reviews and prepare the relevant documentation for those reviews as necessary
Wood is currently recruiting for an Assistant Estimator for our office in Springboro,OH.
- Attends Estimating meetings on a weekly basis;
- Updates jobs bidding and jobs awarded in software system;
- Downloads and prints plans and specifications for Est mator;
- Uses Agtek and/or Carlson software for dirt takeoffs
o Prepares cut/fill sheet;
o Prepares volume reports;
- Itemizes all necessary items and components for utility installation;
o Sanitary sewer;
o Storm sewer;
o Water main;
o Conduit for electrical, telephone, etc.;
o Other underground utilities as required for project;
- Calls vendors and assists with pricing for bidding projects;
- Assists Estimators with other duties as needed in preparing estimates and bids;
Wood is recruiting for an Electrical Engineer in the oil and gas industry. This position will be in the Houston, TX Office supporting an onshore project.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Uses technical knowledge to perform engineering assignments (including more complex tasks) with some guidance and direction from more senior technical professionals. Independently evaluates, selects, and adapts standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to perform tasks
- Develop select engineering deliverables including philosophies, reports, specifications, calculations, data sheets, and technical requisitions
- Design overall power systems and develop Electrical onelines, plan drawings, installation details, wiring diagrams and fabrication drawings
- Support project management personnel with regular reporting, scheduling, staffing planning and coordination
- Work collaboratively with the Electrical Design Team
- Understand and be able to develop CBS (Cost Break Down Structure) and WBS (Work Break Down Structure) working closely with lead planner
- Review, track labor productivity. Identify early variance trends that could impact schedule or cost performance. Identify areas for improvement
- Monitor and ensure the transfer of the correct project man-hours and cost data to/from other internal systems
- Provide weekly reports in support of the project reporting requirements and Follow up / update labor reports and timekeeping report
- Implement and manage the linkages between the Commissioning plans and hook-up.
- Provide support to the Planning Team Lead in the developments of the Schedule and Risk Analysis
- Monitor progress and performance throughout the Hook-up stage up to commissioning and Start Up. Maintain records capable of alerting the Project of any adverse trends
- Regular progress update reports and schedule
- Assist commissioning and hook-up for updating detail schedule for carry over works and punches
- Establish priorities list and monitor offshore Hook-up and commissioning interfaces with operations
- Ensure schedule requirements to meet commissioning assistance of construction, vendor assistance, leak testing, flushing contractor,
- Work closely with Project control team and all contractors in monitoring and forecasting
- Weekly updating of expended hours and earned analysis of work orders
- Communicate forecasts and updates of completion schedule with team and project stakeholders
- Follow-up and actively co-ordinate project plans, key milestones, critical paths and progress updating
- Perform cost forecast analysis/assessments to support mitigation
- Monitor and report project status, as well as change control
- Exchange and utilize experiences and benchmarking with other projects internally
- Prepare experience transfer feedback to templates and governing documents
- Actively participates in coordination meetings with contractors
Wood is currently recruiting for an Administrative Assistant II in Watkins, CO with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
U.S. Only: Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Motivate and coordinate Commissioning and Construction engineers and coordinators, assisting in the resolution of problems
- Responsible for assessing effectiveness of working practices and systems with a view to continuously improve personnel and team performance
- Ensure Commissioning and Construction activities and TAR preparations are managed, coordinated and kept on track
- Act as the focal point for all office based and site-based Commissioning & Construction personnel
- Management of all discipline specific resources assigned to the contract
- Ensure adherence to defined standards, procedures and practices
- Ensure a strong emphasis is placed on the constructability of work packs
- Provide regular progress report on the work of the Commissioning and Construction team
- Provide clear leadership for the Commissioning and Construction team
- Promote and support team working across the contract
- Contribute and adhere to work plans and the achievement of goal
- Be open and honest in dealing with clients and other
- Be open to new ideas and the promotion of improved ways of working
- Challenge scopes with view to reducing risk and costs
- Develop implementation work scopes and plans in conjunction with the Delivery Team
- Ensure contents of work packs meet with scope requirements
- Ensure all relevant performance targets are achieved and standards are met
- Encourage and foster joined-up thinking between Design and Construction
- To continuously develop the discipline service and ensure rationalization and lateral learning from other Wood contracts and from external services
- Attend HAZID’s / HAZOP’s
- Raise CTR / ADR estimates for all new implementation work scopes
- Monitor and report work pack development progress (% updates)
- Liaise with Delivery Team to ensure correct priorities are being maintained
- Work with Strategic Resourcing on recruitments and right sizing of the commissioning & construction team
- Participate in Audits as / when required relevant to Commissioning and Construction procedures
- Assist with Business Improvement Initiatives
- Provide input and adhere to all project procedures
- Comply with all relevant procedures, guidance, etc. relating to the work, which will ensure compliance with the Wood Safety Management System.
- Attend regular Safety, Health and Environmental awareness training provided by the company which will help meet the above requirements.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions’ Seattle area offices are currently seeking a Marketing Coordinator with a minimum of 3 years of experience with coordinating, developing and producing: statements of qualifications (SOQs), proposals, presentations, and supporting marketing materials, such as resumes and capability sheets. This position requires a candidate with effective time management, communication, planning, organization, and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate has the ability to take initiative, work independently and coordinate efforts with multi-discipline teams. The Marketing Coordinator must possess excellent attention to detail and have the ability to produce high quality work in a deadline-driven environment.
Open to our downtown Seattle or Kirkland office
- Lead and/or assist with the coordination, development and production of proposals, SOQs, and presentations, ensuring the highest quality of information and documentation output
- Participate in all aspects of marketing deliverables including: the development and updating of standard materials (resumes, project descriptions, capability sheets); maintaining a library of materials, images and boilerplate text; writing; graphics; document editing; content review; printing and final document assembly
- Proposal coordination responsibilities can include:
- Review proposal requirements carefully, communicate them with the team, and manage meeting them under short time constraints
- Collect and organize marketing materials from library, identifying missing elements or gaps
- Participate in go/no-go decisions, lead proposal kick-off meetings, as requested, and work with technical team to establish value proposition and win themes
- Write proposal sections and compile/edit text prepared by technical staff
- Develop or coordinate the preparation of proposal-relevant graphics and visuals
- Coordinate teaming arrangements and communicate with outside firms in support of proposal teaming
- Administrate review process to ensure contents meet corporate and quality standards
- Provide administrative support for marketing and business development activities, including tracking efforts, compiling notes, organizing information, meeting coordination, researching target markets, and supporting planning efforts
- Support local and national event/association activities and involvement
Wood is currently recruiting for a Logistics & Materials Lead with extensive experience in the oil and gas industry.
The Logistics & Materials Team Lead position will be based in Bata Equatorial Guinea and report to the Supply Chain Manager. The position is accountable for all aspects of Logistics and Material Management in support of Production activities. The Logistics and Materials Team Lead will identify, optimize and implement strategy aligned with project goals, values and operating standards.
The Logistics & Material Team Lead position will also ensure the availability and provision of Marine, Aviation, Warehouse Land Transport in line with operational requirements, Lifting and Personnel Movements.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide logistics expertise to key business partners and develop forecasts of future logistics requirements through participation in planning meetings and application of market factors
- Proactively participate and provide leadership in support of quality, health, safety and environmental initiatives
- Provide onsite management and supervision to logistics personnel and all daily operations
- Fully aware of and manage all movements to and from base by land, sea or air
- Be in contact with and fully appraised of all regulatory requirements/agencies to ensure efficient movement of personnel and materials to and from the base
- Obtaining appropriate documentation for movements of personnel and equipment to and from base to support offshore operation
- Provision of report detailing status of all equipment and material stock in onshore base warehouse necessary keep operations active
- Keep records of all equipment on base and movement to and from base, enough for 3rd party auditing and accounting purposes
- Develop cyclic inventories of onshore base stock and comply with audits
- Tracking KPI’s for logistics activities to foster a culture of continuous process improvement
- Carrying out and drive safety audits as required
- Identifying all site hazards and communicating these to all who use the site
- Management and strategic direction of direct reports and cooperative interface with peers to ensure pro-active delivery of logistics services
- Develop and maintain Logistics preferred vendor lists
- Review Logistics & Material supply market developments and opportunities
- Act as technical advisor to project and operations teams in the formation of Logistics plans and strategies for current operations and/or new projects
- Develop and maintain group processes and standards for Logistics Operations
- Liaise with EHS advisors with respect to Logistics Risk Assessments, Logistics supplier education,Logistics Incident management and Logistics incident investigation
- Maintain and undertake cost and service benchmarks for Logistics costs and performance
- Perform audits of logistics practices and processes
Wood is currently recruiting for a Workover Supervisor with extensive experience in the offshore oil and gas industry. This position will be located in Equatorial Guinea and will be on a 28/28 rotation.
- Responsible for well kill operations on remote platforms
- Revising workover programs and equipment
- Running and pulling Electric Submersible Pumps
- Performing workovers and running completions, logging and perforating,coil tubing, well testing and well intervention operations
Wood is currently recruiting for a Project Controls Lead with extensive cost control experience to support our team in Houston, TX. The ideal candidate will have experience in the Oil & Gas industry, specifically working for an Owner/Operator.
The Project Controls Lead is responsible for the development and maintenance of the project budgets, forecasts, trending/change, progress measuring, reports, invoice support and review and analysis as well as providing support and assistance to the client team to maximize cost reporting and efficiency for all Assets.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for the following:
- Assist client to prepare Authorization for Expenditures (AFEs) for work scopes and establish pay keys
- Prepare Value of Work Done (VOWD) reporting
- Facilitate reporting into each financial cycle
- Support for each subsea asset on cost tracking for monthly work in progress (WIP) input to asset commercial teams
- Provide analysis and reporting on asset and project costs to support management
- Receive project specific invoices and allocate to appropriate cost center
- Comply with all the quality management system procedures and HSE requirements
Wood is currently recruiting Project Engineers in the oil and gas, downstream and chemicals industry. This is for the Corpus Christi, TX office.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
Mid to High-Level position interfacing with the design and detailed engineering team from Wood and Client on medium to large new, or revamp projects from initial concept through construction and start-up.
- Interfaces with client technical personnel as required
- Coordination of site data gathering including drawings, specifications, etc.
Safety & Quality
- Assist with promoting the Safety Goals of the Client, Wood and the Project
- Help establish Job Safety Analysis (JSA) requirements for site visits
- Assists with implementing Project Execution Plan
- Ensure the use of approved work processes, procedures and tools
- Assist with technical deliverables for the project
- Assist with estimate preparation
- Assist with development of change orders
- Assist with review of design documents, data sheets and drawings
- Assist with design reviews, squad checks and model review coordination
- Supports the project schedule requirements; assists with establishing design priorities
- Establish guidelines for equipment, drawing and line numbering
- Maintain equipment list, provide paint, insulation and fireproofing requirements
- Review line list & tie-in list, provide hydrotest pressures, paint & insulation requirements
- Review and approve piping isometrics
- Prepare SP item list, prepare requisitions for SP Items, packaged and non-standard equipment
- Coordinate P&ID updates and change log record
- Update Action Item List
- Review requisitions
- Review technical bid tabulations
- Assist with development of inquiry requisitions, bid tabs and purchase order requisitions
- Assist with Vendor Data Coordination
- Coordination and support of Vendor Data including timely receipt, review and return
- Coordinate Construction Sub Contract Scope of Work and Design Packages
- Assist with Project Data Books and Vendor Data Books
- Site walkdowns
- Redline drawings
- Basic field survey activities
Project Information & Communication
- Assist with Design Discipline interface with Project Management
- Assist with providing design disciplines with required information
- Assist with communication within the project team and design disciplines
- Assist with weekly, and monthly project status reports
- Assist with documenting conference calls, meetings, and reviews
Wood is currently seeking a Finance Manager for our Springboro,OH office.
This position would be responsible for the proper and timely recording of all financial transactions in the general ledger for this SBU. This position would also be responsible for the preparation of the monthly financial results and all associated reporting. As well as, be responsible to facilitate all budgetary and forecasting schedules as required. In addition, we would look for this position to lead the effort in consolidating the financial reporting.
Responsibilities include monthly financial close process including month end reporting, performing general ledger and variance analysis, work with Controller to facilitate and prepare budgeting and forecasting templates for responsible business units.
- Oversight of all financial accounting entries for the Service Line
- Establish and maintain effective controls over financial reporting and adherence to policies & procedures.
- Management reporting: analysis of business operations and insightful reporting to support active on-target management of the business
- Budget & Forecast preparation of the assigned entities
- Process Improvement initiatives and training of accounting staff as needed.
- Various special projects
Wood is currently hiring a Change Management Specialist for a 6 month contract in Sugar Land, TX. Must have previous experience in large projects and transformation.
U.S. Only: Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Commercial administration of the Project Management of Change process
- Proactive management to avoid any additional cost and where not possible how to minimize the costs of legitimate claims
- Ensure compliance with Contract obligations and management of any deviations
- Provide subcontract administration support when required
- Effective management of the Management of Change process
- Assurance that the contract obligations have effectively been managed and when deviated these are administered accordingly
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc. (Wood) is searching for a Senior Structural Engineer with a minimum of 15 years of relevant experience to join our team in Phoenix, AZ. Primary focus for project work will be the structural aspects of engineering studies, design reports, construction documents, and construction oversight/administration related to water/wastewater infrastructure.
- Directs and supervises technical assignments (both field and office)
- Manages structural engineering elements of projects
- Maintains effective client relations
- Prepares and conducts technical review of staff, reports, correspondence, and calculations; prepares technical recommendations
- Produces non-routine plans, reports, and specifications
- Identifies and defines scope, technique, price, and schedule
- Prepares, directs, and reviews engineering and construction cost estimates
- Recognizes and initiates business development opportunities
- Supports preparation of large-scale proposals
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc. (Wood) is searching for a Mid-level Structural Engineer with a minimum of six (6) years of relevant experience to join our team in Phoenix, AZ. The position will entail working on structural evaluation, repair and design projects on a variety of types of buildings and public infrastructure. Candidate will have opportunity to collaborate with personnel at other Wood offices throughout the company.
- Serves as a discipline lead for structural engineering elements of projects
- Reviews and interprets building code requirements and other pertinent design standards
- Prepares client deliverables including field reports, calculation packages, plans/drawings, and specifications
- Performs structural inspections in concrete, masonry, and steel
- Conducts technical reviews of reports, correspondence, and calculations related to the structural discipline
- Assists in defining structural scope, budget, and schedule for structural efforts/projects
- Prepares and reviews engineering and construction cost estimates
- Supports preparation of proposals and bids, including design-build projects
- Follows company safety standards and site safety standards
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established and progressive engineering consulting firm that values its employee’s enthusiasm and technical contributions? If so, Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc. (Wood) is looking for somebody like you to join our nearly 180-employee strong operation in Phoenix, Arizona.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and able to work for various Project Managers on simultaneous projects involving multidisciplinary teams. The Phoenix office is a full-service project delivery office, and delivers design-bid-build, CM@Risk, design-build, and EPCM projects. Types of projects include Water, Transportation, Mining, Power, Government, and Industrial/Commercial infrastructure projects.
- Proven ability in project planning, and developing, monitoring, updating, forecasting and analyzing integrated project schedules
- Proficiency in monitoring project progress for performance measurement; an earned value management system (EVMS) and its related accounting component used to record actual costs for a project or activity
- Generating relevant reports, understanding and analyzing the information reported, using actual cost data from, or reconcilable with, the accounting system for management of a project or activity
- Managing change to the scope of work and/or any deviation, performance trend, or change to an approved or baseline project control plan, throughout the life-cycle of a project or portfolio of projects in the public and/or private sector
- Utilize project management systems to update and manage project budgets, commitments, expenditures and forecasts
- Coordinate Oracle project setup with the Project Managers and prepare project performance reports