Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a BAS / HVAC-R Manager for Building Automation Systems and Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration related equipment. The successful candidate will oversee day-to-day facility operations and maintenance of buildings that require a combination of dedicated in-house staff and subcontractor-based servicing approaches. Managerial responsibilities include, but are not limited to; staff work scheduling, contract performance compliance, work flow performance scheduling, customer liaison, recommendation of process improvement procedures, staff training and counseling, equipment calibration management, and departmental material ordering. This position requires practical skill and knowledge in skilled trades areas including: BAS, HVAC, plumbing, general mechanical maintenance procedures, and basic refrigeration and electricity.
- Provide technical oversight and direction on BAS / HVAC related tasks to be executed in a 24/7 365 working schedule
- Oversee the install, modify and repair refrigeration — hermetic, semi-hermetic, mechanical, screw, scroll and centrifugal units up to 1,100 tons; air conditioning, ventilation; reverse osmosis systems, computer rooms; process coolers; ice machines; evaporative cooling; air compressing and related control systems including pneumatic, DDC and building control systems equipment
- Direct the repair of systems components such as compressors, condensers, heat pumps regulators, fluid and refrigerant gas lines valves, meters, gages, thermostats, pumps, mechanical linkage, and electrical sensing, switching and controlling devices including pneumatic controls, variable speed drives, digital controlled devices, electronic, hydraulic heating and cooling and economizer systems
- Extensive knowledge in reading/comprehending blueprints, schematics, wiring diagrams, equipment operation manuals; HVAC system start-up procedures, duct configuration, airflow impact and troubleshooting; installing/repairing sheet metal, duct board and flexible duct systems
- Experience and general understanding of automated control sequences and programming protocol
- Ensure federal, state, local and corporate policy and regulatory compliance
- Manages and oversees facility specific operations and maintenance processes and procedures overseeing day-to-day performance of various on-site work crews
- Coordinates with client to ensure acceptable level of impact to production while performing maintenance and construction activities
- Acts as primary customer contact to review schedules and cost and technical performance
- Develops and implements facility specific operations and maintenance processes as required
- Evaluates schedules to deconflict work assignments where there are task and resource conflicts
- Prepares reports documenting operations and maintenance performance
- Responsible for the cost, schedule, and technical performance for the facility under the manager’s control including responding to urgent and emergency situations
- Monitors facility and services metrics, identifying and evaluating emerging issues, and making recommendations to ensure performance to standards are achieved
- Identifies the need for vendors and subcontractors and coordinates requirements
- Establishes an inventory strategy that ensures adequate supplies are available to support routine preventive maintenance including long lead items
- Review energy conservation measure recommendations and provide client with formal recommendations to improve facility efficiency
- Position serves as one of three main line managers, serving as back-up to the overall Project Manager during the PM’s absence
- Must have solid verbal and written reporting experience
- Outstanding team working skills are a must
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Staff Engineer or Scientist to work with our storm water and surface water consulting team in Los Angeles, CA.
The ideal candidate will be excited about the opportunity to maintain and grow our environmental consulting business and possess knowledge and technical skills in storm water management, drainage engineering and design development, water quality resources, water quality monitoring and modeling, environmental permitting, and municipal, commercial and industrial NPDES compliance.
- Consulting for municipal, commercial, and industrial NPDES compliance projects
- Reports to Senior Program Managers and works directly with project managers.
- Travel to project(s), as needed, for the execution of project goals
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc. is seeking a Roadway Lead Engineer with a minimum of 12 years roadway engineering experience. This exciting position offers an opportunity for mentoring into Project Management in a team-oriented environment for an individual with an established track record of successful project work with the Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT). Experience working with county agencies and/or municipalities in Arizona would be beneficial.
The successful candidate must have verifiable experience coordinating work with clients, subconsultants and multi-discipline design teams. Roadway design experience must include hands-on technical design capabilities in rural and urban freeways, highways and arterials. It is expected that this position provides hands-on reviews of electronic drawings, including survey control, geometric layouts, modeling/cross-sections and may be expected to provide assistance in preparing these drawings and setting up Inroads/Civil 3D models. Candidates must be self-motivated and able to work on and provide technical oversight on multiple projects with the desire and ability to deliver high quality reports, plans, specifications, and estimates.
- Lead multi-discipline technical teams including roadway, drainage, traffic, landscaping, environmental, geotechnical, utility and right-of-way
- Work with and mentor junior and mid-level staff
- Interface with clients, project teams, and other managers
- Work effectively with team members as well as independently
- Deliver high quality reports, plans, specifications, and estimates
- Assist in preparation of project scope of work and fee estimates
- Manage project scope, schedule, and budget
Are you a Mechanical Designer with HVAC and pluming experience? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee’s enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career.
The Phoenix, AZ office of Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a senior-level Mechanical Drafter/Designer candidate with advanced computer aided design (CAD) skills and meaningful experience in infrastructure HVAC and Plumbing system design to support the Infrastructure Branch Mechanical Group. Primary focus for project work will be to prepare construction drawings for HVAC, plumbing, and energy systems for new and/or retrofit buildings. The position may also support other specialty disciplines and infrastructure projects. Friendly, flexible and positive work environment. Our ideal candidate is a professional that seeks challenging work and the opportunity to make a difference.
- Support HVAC, Energy and Plumbing system drawing development, projects, and clients with accurate analysis, drafting and design
- Develop schematics, P&ID’s, plan drawings, elevation views, section views, and installation details
- Will travel to field assignments in Arizona and the US to conduct field verification of designs prior to, during, and after construction; Travel time is estimated to be variable throughout the year but amounting to no more than 25% time
- Develop building/load simulation modeling using Trane Trace
- Adhere to discipline-specific CAD and BIM standards
- Strong commitment to company’s Beyond Zero safety program; follow company safety standards, site safety standards and maintain safe workplace practices
Are you a Mechanical Engineer with HVAC and plumbing experience? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee’s enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions’ Phoenix, AZ office is seeking a Mid-level Mechanical Engineer candidate with design and analysis experience in infrastructure HVAC and Plumbing system design to support the Infrastructure Branch HVAC/Energy Practice. Primary focus for project work will be to prepare construction drawings, develop book specifications and assessing existing equipment for HVAC, plumbing, and energy systems for new and/or retrofit buildings. The position may also support other infrastructure projects. Friendly, flexible and positive work environment. Our ideal candidate is a professional that seeks challenging work and be part of a growing service line in Phoenix.
- Develop HVAC, Energy and Plumbing system drawings, projects, and clients with accurate analysis and design
- Develop schematics, P&ID’s, plan drawings, elevation views, section views, and installation details
- Position entails travel to project sites to conduct field verification of designs prior to, during, and after construction
- Field assignments are local and national in nature - Overnight travel is required and estimated to be variable throughout the year
- Typical team assignments will include HVAC retrofit projects, interfacing with clients and contractors, project cost estimation, energy auditing of large HVAC systems and controls, identification of energy conservation measures, boiler and chiller plant upgrades, DDC systems and building stimulation energy modeling
- Strong commitment to company’s safety program; follow company safety standards, site safety standards and maintain safe workplace practices
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Recruitment Specialist who is consultative and professional, and who possesses technical recruiting experience with a strong preference for engineering consulting or commercial construction experience. This is a very hand - on, high energy position requiring an individual to be extremely motivated and results - driven.
The successful candidate, with the assistance of Senior Recruiters, will be responsible for ownership of the full lifecycle recruitment process ‘cradle to grave’ for the assigned positions. This would include but not be limited to job description content, candidate attraction, candidate sourcing, scheduling interviews, offer negotiations and closing. Candidate should be a dynamic, self - motivated, recruiter with the ability to multitask efficiently.
This position can support any of our core businesses including Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Process & Energy, Mining & Minerals and Oil & Gas. Although each recruiter manages his / her own desk in different locations across North America, we are part of a bigger HR team who is very closely connected.
Denver, CO; Nashville, TN; Philadelphia, PA; or Kennesaw, GA preferred
- Manage all aspects of the recruiting process for the assigned positions while servicing multiple Hiring Managers daily and using various strategies to recruit candidates
- Build and maintain network of potential passive and active candidates through networking; and, conduct in - depth interviews and assessments of potential candidates
- Maintain accurate and well - ordered documentation on all candidates, searches and recruiting activities and accurate utilization of ATS according to standards
- Work cooperatively with all members of the Recruiting team to develop and implement plans and activities
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with hiring managers to create a partnership that produces results and builds credibility
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently hiring a Senior Recruiter to support the recruitment effort for consulting engineering in the Americas.
Nashville, TN; Kennesaw, GA; or Blue Bell, PA preferred
The role will have responsibility for the full recruitment life cycle for our consulting engineering roles in the Americas, including talent planning, sourcing, engagement, screening, assessment and hiring the most suitable candidates within appropriate cost and timescales. The individual will serve as a trusted advisor to hiring managers, business leaders and candidates. This position will have daily interaction with Hiring Managers to ensure effective delivery of resources against open vacancies. The successful candidate will deliver an ethical and customer focused resourcing service.
It is preferred that candidates be experienced in recruitment in the following areas:
- Consulting Engineering: Mining, Power & Process, Civil, Geotechnical, Environmental, Water Resources, Industrial Engineers, Geologists, etc.
- Scientists in the biophysical sciences area including: Biologists, Ecologists, Hydrogeologists, Archaeologists, Chemists, Biologists, Toxicologists, etc.
Role Essential Responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of the recruiting process for a portfolio of multi-level positions supporting multiple stakeholders
- Attend relevant resource meetings with stakeholders to provide updates on vacancy progress, discuss assessment outcomes and obtain resourcing lookahead
- High and effective utilization of available talent attraction and engagement tools to identify relevant candidates
- Actively and professionally promotes vacancies and employer brand to relevant audience via available media channels
- Accurately match candidate skills with role requirements, taking initiative to explore areas of importance or relevance with Hiring Managers and Candidates
- Identify and recommend most effective assessment method for role/specialism and effectively utilize tools available
- Guide Hiring Managers through a structured interview process, ensuring adherence to legal and ethical obligations throughout candidate assessments
- Strong influencer, ability to influence candidates throughout the hiring process to promote a successful outcome, pre-empting and acting on candidate hesitation or queries
- Maintain open and proactive lines of candidate communication, ensuring a positive candidate experience for all, regardless of the outcome of their application
- Provides timely and detailed feedback to candidates at every stage of their application, particularly following an interview
- Confidently make offers of employment and coordinate negotiation process between the candidate and business; Interface with P&O on contractual queries and coordinate response
- Collate relevant market data to support talent planning initiatives and process (candidate availability, rate information, candidate mobility etc.)
- Proactive in obtaining accurate forecast data and developing and maintaining a pipeline of suitably qualified and available talent for current and future projects
- Manages vacancy through ATS, ensuring that candidate and vacancy data is always accurate and up to date
- Comply with all company and legislative data protection requirements by responsibly storing candidate information and assessment notes
- Facilitate the effective movement of candidates through the resourcing process, encouraging proactive feedback from Hiring Managers and working with Global Mobility/P&O teams to ensure the timely release of employment contracts and an effective mobilization process for new hires
- Provides feedback from business area on aspects of the resourcing process requiring improvement or elements that are particularly effective
- Ensures consistent alignment to company values and behaviors
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions (Wood E&IS) seeks an Associate Civil Engineer for our Kennesaw, Georgia office. The candidate should be self-motivated, with excellent communication and leadership skills, and possess a diverse skill-set of civil design experience including grading, storm water & erosion control, utilities, pavement reconstruction, roadway/transportation, as well as experience managing complex engineering design tasks. The ideal candidate will have a background in civil site work for a variety of project types including industrial, federal, municipal and commercial.
Key responsibilities include:
- Design Management
- Technical Direction and oversight of engineering projects and proposals
- Perform design, oversight, mentorship and direct the efforts of designers and engineers
- Market and develop new work to support the continued growth of the Design Branch and the office
- Lead preparation of technical reports and proposals
- Successfully interact with other senior-level employees in the office and firm-wide
- Manage multiple designs, being responsible for ensuring that deliverables, schedules and budgets are achieved
- Travel to project sites as needed, for meetings, inspections, etc.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking an entry level Geotechnical Engineer to join our team in West Palm Beach, Florida and participate on a wide variety of geotechnical-related projects. Types of projects will generally include roadways, bridges, commercial structures and industrial structures. Projects are primarily located within Southeast Florida however there is potential for projects throughout the southeastern United States. Candidate will have the opportunity to collaborate with personnel at other Wood offices throughout the company.
- Support the office’s Geotechnical and Construction Services Practices areas working under the direction of one or more Project Managers / Principal Engineers within the office
- Perform field exploration, inspection, analysis and provide technical support with supervision including onsite direction of geotechnical drilling activities
- Prepare technical proposals, cost estimates, plans, technical specifications and reports including day-to-day correspondence
- Perform geotechnical analysis based on site conditions and requirements to support project designs
- Act as a data-gatherer, prepare maps and charts, and run various computer programs and spreadsheets
- Perform field construction and foundation inspection services
- Review and interpret data and test results
- Prepare field reports and internal / external correspondence
- Perform field construction monitoring
- Experienced and able to supervise subcontractors and / or company employees
- Follow company safety standards, and site / project safety standards
- Contact vendor and research literature and regulatory requirements
- Conduct engineering or scientific calculations, coordinate geometry, and perform minimal design work, preliminary analysis and boring layout
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical and Piping Junior Drafter. Reporting to the Design Services Department Manager, this position is located in our Minneapolis, MN office.
This is an entry level drafting position performing introductory and elementary CAD/drafting assignments designed to develop knowledge and skills. Work requires application of standard procedures, techniques and methods to complete a series of tasks. Work is thoroughly reviewed.
- Prepares and/or revises simple CAD drawings or other engineering documentation from sketches and/or markups
- Performs drafting tasks using prescribed methods and procedures
- Performs specific limited portions of a broader assignment under close supervision of an experienced designer
- Duties may include preparing drawings that vary only slightly from existing drawings when changes are clearly indicated by sketches, mark-ups or written instructions
- Making indicated corrections or changes on drawings, including the addition of parts or assemblies by copying sketches or other drawings
- Work is designed to foster the skills need to become more experienced
- May be assigned to work directly under more advanced designers
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
- May be required to perform miscellaneous clerical and chart work
- Participate in department training programs/seminars and on-line training
Wood currently seeks a Solar Commissioning Manager with extensive experience in the solar construction industry. This position fits into our structure as an electrical field engineer, level. This position will be based, initially, at our Moody AFB project near Valdosta, GA
This role will require significant PV solar experience, but not necessarily complex substation experience; though, substation experience is a big plus.
- Preparation of project documentation including pre-commissioning and commissioning procedures.
- Preparation of the project commissioning and start-up plan including detailed activities and start-up logic.
- Work with engineers and vendors in the design phases to align handover and commissioning activities.
- Participate in workshops on design aspects that may assist in pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up activities.
- Assist with the development and management of commissioning and start-up budget, including forecast for future staffing requirements.
- Responsible for managing site materials and logistics.
- Coordinate and manage contractor and subcontractor activities associated with pre-commissioning and commissioning.
- Interface with Operations Team in commissioning, start-up and final turnover of the facility.
- Work closely with the project planners and schedulers.
- Assist in Operational Readiness Plan and Project Execution Plan development.
- Coordinate vendor activities for commissioning.
- Provide leadership in health, safety and environmental (HSE) issues on site and maintain overall responsibility for ensuring that the team complies with the HSE Plan.
- Ensure hazard/risk analysis is performed before start of activities.
- Coordinate start-up activities with project management, engineering, construction, HSE, contractors, facility operations, and start-up personnel.
- Establish progress reporting systems for all phases of the commissioning and start-up of the facility.
- Ensure the commissioning plan is in compliance with the appropriate external regulatory bodies and OTS systems.
- Liaise with construction management, the client and Vendors to ensure efficient and timely service.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Process Engineer in the oil and gas and chemical industries. This professional will work in the Corpus Christi, TX Office. Local candidates only please as there is no relocation assistance or per diem offered.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
Duties will include preparing process designs for small plant projects including:
- Equipment rating/sizing
- Hydraulic Analysis
- Safety System Analysis
- Relief valve/relief system calculations/documentation
- Process Flow Diagram/heat and material balance updates for projects
- P&ID Updates
- MOC documentation/updates
- Process Unit Troubleshooting assistance
- Uses advanced technical knowledge to perform engineering assignments including complex problems and to complete any project tasks with minimal guidance and direction
- Highly competent to perform all process engineering functions including: deliverables such as feasibility and optimization studies, process simulations and heat and material balances, process equipment sizing, process data for instrument and mechanical data sheets, hydraulic piping line sizing and other philosophies and reports. In addition, highly competent to perform relief calculations and flare network modeling
- Support project management personnel with regular reporting, scheduling, staffing planning and coordination
- Able to check Engineering calculations as well as check drawings in accordance with industry codes and standards; Assign tasks to and supervise the work of less senior personnel
- Initiates regular communication between the process team and all other engineering disciplines to ensure quality of work and that consistent technical content is maintained for all design documents/data throughout the project
Wood is seeking an experienced Lead Civil Engineer to work within our Power & Process Office in the Civil/Structural/Architectural Group executing a wide range of projects related to solar, heavy industrial, power, chemical and forest industry sectors. Position would include technical execution of projects related to power and heavy industrial developments. Role would be based in our Tucker, Georgia office.
The successful candidate will lead a team providing primarily civil engineering services to private & public industry. This position will support a wide variety of projects including utility-scale PV solar, power plants, tissue/converting facilities, CCR transport, chemical, cement and EPC projects. The candidate should be flexible in assignments, willing to travel periodically, and eager to learn.
Technical services work areas include:
- Perform civil engineering computations, analysis, and design including engineering analyses, feasibility studies, designs, preparation of drawings and specifications, report writing, cost estimating, and client interaction for civil site land development (site layout, grading, erosion control, underground piping, hydrology, hydraulics, etc.)
- Interact with our EPC arm to prepare quantity estimates for proposals and value engineered solutions for construction
- Prepare field reports, internal correspondence and complete formal reports
- Interpret data and test results from geotechnical reports
- May be assigned limited field construction oversight responsibilities; Ability to conduct or oversee some field assignments, and willingness for limited travel
- Contact vendors; research literature and regulatory requirements; prepare draft designs
- Interact with specialists in other technical practice areas in support of multi-disciplinary projects
- Coordinate with design teams to assist in defining work scope, schedule and budgets
- Oversee and mentor your design-team civil engineers
- Follow company safety standards and site safety standards
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical & Piping Intermediate/Senior Designer. Reporting to the Design Services Department Manager, this position is located in our Minneapolis, MN office.
The successful candidate should be interested in challenging assignments in the design and development of mechanical and piping 3D models and orthographic drawings associated with the successful execution of various projects for the food and beverage, process, industrial and power markets. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Assist Engineers with equipment layout, mechanical and piping design assignments
- Prepare general arrangement, mechanical and piping design drawings and sketches utilizing 3D modeling software
- Coordinate project assignments with those of other Engineers and Designers in his/her discipline group
- Coordinate designs with other disciplines
- Review drawings supplied by vendors, clients and engineers and field verifies to check for accuracy and completeness and recommends necessary changes
- Research design options and documents findings for Project Engineers and/or Project Managers.
- Assists with other duties assigned by Project Engineers and/or Project Managers.
- Attend design review meetings and interacts with clients
- Travel to project sites to gather field data and verify designs, as required
- Communicate, both verbally and in written form, in a professional manner
- Participate in department training programs / seminars and on-line training
WOOD Colombia está requiriendo actualmente un Ingeniero de Diseño Contra Incendio con 5 años de experiencia en la industria de Petróleo y Gas
Soportar técnicamente el desarrollo de diseños de la Disciplina en los proyectos asignados, asegurando su calidad y garantizando la seguridad requerida en el proyecto.
WOOD Colombia está requiriendo actualmente un Proyectista de Tuberías - Sistema Contra Incendio con 5 años de experiencia en la industria de Petróleo y Gas
Elaborar los diseños de la especialidad que sean requeridos para la ejecución de los proyectos de la compañía.
WOOD Colombia está requiriendo actualmente un Proyectista Civil con 5 años de experiencia en la industria de Petróleo y Gas
Desarrollar dibujos CAD requeridos por los Ingenieros y Diseñadores Civiles, para cumplir los objetivos de los proyectos con calidad y a tiempo.
WOOD Colombia está requiriendo actualmente un Ingeniero Civil - Especialista en Estructuras con 5 años de experiencia en la industria de Petróleo y Gas
Desarrollar las actividades y documentos necesarios para lograr diseños óptimos en los proyectos asignados, asegurando su calidad, entrega a tiempo y garantizando la seguridad operacional y factibilidad económica requerida en el proyecto.
Dirigir grupos de trabajo pequeños y soportar técnicamente con el apoyo del Gerente del departamento, el desarrollo de diseños Civiles (Geotécnicos, hidráulicos, Viales y topográficos), en los proyectos asignados, asegurando su calidad y garantizando la seguridad requerida en el proyecto.
WOOD Colombia está requiriendo actualmente un Ingeniero de Tubería o Mecánico con 5 años de experiencia en la industria de Petróleo y Gas
Elaborar los diseños de la especialidad que sean requeridos para la ejecución de los proyectos de la compañía.
WOOD Colombia está requiriendo actualmente un Ingeniero Electricista con 5 años de experiencia en la industria de Petróleo y Gas
Responsable de los diseños de facilidades eléctricas en los proyectos asignados con la calidad, la seguridad y la factibilidad económica requerida por el proyecto. Ocasionalmente apoyar uno o varios proyectos como Líder de Disciplina Eléctrica. Dar guía técnica, gestionar talentos, ser mentor de Talentos nuevos de la compañía.