Wood Colombia is currently recruiting for a Instrumentation Engineer with specific experience of 17 - 20 years in the Oil and Gas industry.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking an experienced Geotechnical and Materials Engineer to work within our Geotechnical department executing of a wide range of projects related to nuclear, energy, transportation, industrial/commercial, and government sectors. Position would include leadership of geotechnical and materials engineering staff, laboratory management and laboratory testing, technical execution of projects, (>$250k) related to dams, nuclear plants, transportation structures, commercial development, and government services. Role would be based in our Atlanta, Georgia office.
The successful candidate should be flexible in assignments, willing to travel periodically, and eager to learn. Technical services work areas include:
- Leadership of projects, and staff, including laboratories, with a focus on concrete, aggregate, and soils
- Coordination with clients to define work programs and budgets, including project execution, general oversight and planning, and project coordination
- Develop and enhance key client relationships and would serve as a primary company and contact on projects
- Responsibility for certain aspects of a project including execution, safety, scope development, staff management, and quality control
- Coordinate work efforts and provide review of work performed
- Manage and deliver quality projects safely, on-time, within budget and to the satisfaction of the client
Wood is recruiting for a CONTRACT Senior Electrical Designer at our Tucker, GA office.
- Input the required design data into electrical index as per the defined structure and format
- 3D Modelling using Aveva PDMS/E3D and Revit
- Carry out cable sizing calculations
- Prepare cable schedules
- Prepare power control/relay schematics, motor elementary and wiring diagrams
- Prepare interconnection diagrams
- Carry out lighting illumination calculations
- Prepare lighting and small power layout drawings
- Carry out cable tray routing drawings 3D Modelling for cable trays and panels
- Prepare electrical installation detail drawings
- Prepare electrical MTO’s
- Prepare earthing layout drawings
- Prepare material requisitions for bulk materials and technical bid evaluations
- Review suppliers’ documents
- Prepare lightning protection system layout drawings
- Preparation of specification for electrical installation and test procedures
Wood Automation and Controls is currently recruiting for a Vision Applications Engineer in Wixom, MI. Individual must have experience in machine vision or electrical controls environments with respect to design, engineering and field start up. This position would report to the Branch Manager.
This position offers an opportunity to work for a solid company in the growing field of Machine Vision.
Knowledge of machine vision programming, optical designs, design logic, camera logic and PLC logic preferred.
- Optics knowledge
- Cognex In-Sight spreadsheet programming
- PLC logic
Wood is currently recruiting for a Mail Room Clerk II in Houston, TX with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
U.S. Only: Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
Wood is currently recruiting for an Offshore Operator with experience in the oil and gas industry for Equatorial Guinea in West Africa. This will be a 28/28 rotation work cycle.
This position covers the operation of three bridge linked, normally manned platforms and two
normally unmanned satalite platforms.
Working on a rotational basis you will report directly to the Lead Operator and will be expected to
safely operate and maintain our field within the normal operational and maintenance procedures. You
will be expected to support the development of trainees and junior operators, and demonstrate a
positive attitude towards safety and all other aspects of the business, in line with Marathons
Responsible Operations Management System. (ROMS)
Major Duties / Responsibilities:
1. Carry out Area Authority (Permit Issuer) Role for control of work activities
2. Implement the Lock Out/Tag Out system
3. Demonstrate own safety commitment to all platform staff by working in a safe manner. Engage
with other personnel to ensure they deliver the expected standards of safety. Attend site safety
meetings, toolbox talks and safety stand downs, demonstrate commitment to safety.
4. Ensure all safety policies and procedures are adhered to over and above utilising the Permit to Work
5. Utilise safety behavioural tools such as toolbox talks and Behaviour Based Safey systems to
enhance safety performance of platform personnel and visitors.
6. Deliver and implement JSA’s
7. Know and apply appropriate risk management practices to all activities
8. Undertake the role of Emergency Response Team member, or other emergency response role
assigned by the OIM or Production Supervisor
9. Supports ROMS process and Process Safety Management (PSM) systems by personal involvement
in activities to enhance performance in Health, Environment, and Safety & Corporate Social
Operations Team Member:
10. Set an example to core personnel and visitors with respect to attitude, professionalism and all
aspects of client's safety culture
11. Take an active role in operations meetings, contribute to daily handovers and ensure everyone is
aware of any plant related status, problems and activities for the day.
12. Manage the activities of the team over the course of the day, updating the Production Supervisor of
workscope status, issues, defects or shortages
13. Maintain a competency level adequate to fulfil the roles and responsibilities of the offshore
operator, taking personal responsibility to develop knowledge and understanding of the field facilities.
14. Undertake maintenance/PMR act
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc. is looking for a Senior Civil Engineer to join our Tampa, FL team as a Project Manager. The candidate will support and manage projects in the southeast US, to provide civil engineering and project management services for infrastructure, water resources and mining related projects. The candidate will perform project management duties, including professional engineering, technical review, project financial management and quality control.
Provide civil engineering and project management and be responsible for delivering multi-discipline civil, geotechnical and environmental projects to Wood’s public and private sector clients. Provide group and organizational management.
- Primary knowledge and experience in water resources, geotechnical and environmental related projects.
- Projects primarily include water management related scopes incorporating hydraulic modelling, field investigations and survey, civil & geotechnical design, and preparation of construction plans and specifications
- Supervise and lead field investigation and design activities from proposal to deliverables
- Ability to produce to construction level civil design plans and specifications
- Project and budget management including resource management and quality oversight
- Technical management of multi-discipline projects, coordinating project teams, and ensuring the technical quality of deliverables
- Collaboration and participation in technical discussions with Wood team members
- Business development and client management
Advance your career by joining our highly collaborative Civil Engineering Team, as a Project Manager for Transportation services. With a minimum of ten (10) years of highway/roadway design and project management experience, you will lead team members to successfully complete construction documents for highway and roadway systems and navigate permit requirements. Career minded professionals with self-confidence and a teachable spirit find themselves advancing quickly. As a Transportation Project Manager you will play a key role in expanding the capabilities of growing the transportation group in Durham, North Carolina. The ideal candidate has strong technical capabilities, a commitment to delivering a quality product, and an interest in taking on a leadership role.
- Will be responsible for participating in and managing transportation/roadway design projects
- Prepare and oversee preparation of the construction documents. (Plans, Special Provisions, and Estimates)
- Prepare and manage scopes, schedules, and budgets
- Write reports and technical memos
- Manage client communications, expectations and satisfaction
- Recognizes and initiates business development opportunities
- Maintains effective client relationships; leverages project experience to win work
- Lead and/or assist with the coordination, development and production of proposals, SOQs and presentations, ensuring the highest quality of information and documentation output
- Manage, advise, coach and develop junior engineers
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Roadway Design Engineerand Project Manager for our Atlanta Operations.
This position is critical to our rapidly growing Transportation team in our Kennesaw, Georgia Office. Wood is a leader in Transportation with a focus on the highway mode, serving federal state and local DOTs. Wood has key contracts in place and a strong project portfolio presenting opportunities for rapid expansion of this practice. We are looking for self-starter candidates with the blend of engineering, management and analytical acumen needed for this exciting market place.
Our team is known for innovation and outstanding customer service and will continue to build on these values. This is a unique opportunity for leadership and growth within our Environment & Infrastructure business.
- Contribute technical specialization to our Transportation Engineering practice
- Provide advanced technical knowledge in transportation engineering for federal, state and local governments with a focus on highways and local roadways
- Lead complex projects and support other projects or phases of large projects
- Assist in developing new business through technical proposal development, networking, specialized service offerings, client interaction, conference participation and professional reputation
- Contribute positively to a committed professional team environment
- Lead, manage and perform assignments from concept through preliminary and final design
- Manage project scopes and budgets, interfacing with and maintenance of clients. Mentor and develop junior staff and design/drafters and develop project plans and schedules
- Contribute to strategic planning and development
- Demonstrate clear and concise, oral and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to coordinate meetings, resources and presentations
Wood is seeking an experienced Senior Civil Engineer to work within our Infrastructure Office in the Design Group executing of a wide range of projects related to energy, industrial/commercial, and government sectors. Position would include technical execution of projects related to coal combustion residuals (CCR) ash ponds, landfills and solid waste facilities, commercial and industrial developments, and government services. Role would be based in our Kennesaw, Georgia office.
The successful candidate will be a member of a team providing primarily civil engineering services to private industry, commercial clients, government and local agencies. This position will support a wide variety of projects including ash pond closures, landfill design and operations plans, stormwater, solid waste facilities (transfer stations, recycling facilities, composting, etc.) and construction projects. The candidate should be flexible in assignments, willing to travel periodically, and eager to learn. Technical services work areas include:
- Perform civil engineering computations, analysis, and design including engineering analyses, feasibility studies, designs, preparation of drawings and specifications, report writing, cost estimating, construction oversight and client interaction
- Prepare field reports, internal correspondence and complete formal reports
- Interpret data and test results for geotechnical engineering
- May be assigned limited field construction oversight responsibilities; Ability to conduct or oversee some field assignments, and willingness for limited travel
- Contact vendors; research literature and regulatory requirements; prepare draft designs
- Supervise subcontractors and / or company employees
- Interact with specialists in other technical practice areas in support of multi-disciplinary projects
- Coordination with design teams to assist in defining work scope, schedule and budgets
- Follow company safety standards, site safety standards
Wood is currently recruiting for an Accounting Manager with experiance in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
Description of functions:
Reporting directly to the Project Controls Manager, this position will perform the Project Financial and Accounting activities; ensure accurate and timely accounting processes, in compliance with company policies and project instructions; and proactively support project engineering, materials management, project controls and construction operations in serving our end client.
- Finance and Accounting Focal Point for the Operation
- Oversight and ensure accurate invoicing to the Client and alignment with contract terms and conditions
- Assist with the statutory reporting requirements – tax and insurance
- Responsible for Month End Close process specific to the operation
- Stewardship of Balance Sheet figures – review and reconciliation
- Delivery of managerial reports - monthly Profit and Loss, Unbilled and Accounts Receivable reports, people hour reports, specific to the Project
- Assist with any internal and / or external audits where required
- Provide support to the Operation and corporate Finance Team in Houston as required (in terms of reports, analysis, and reconciliations)
- Responsible for providing budgets / forecasts specific to the Project
- Consulted as advisor on contract reimbursable costs for coding purposes
- Assist in the monitoring of Project expenditures against approved budgets in consultation with Project Controls, Project Managers, and Senior Management
- As focal point for Accounts Receivable and Unbilled work flows, drive working capital improvements by working with key stakeholders
- Review A/P invoices for Materials and Services specific to the Project
- Ensures compliance to company processes, policies, controls, and Delegation of Authority Matrices.
- Proactively initiates continuous improvements
- Forms healthy relationships with key stakeholders to deliver results (namely, customers, clients, co-workers, and suppliers)
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc. (Wood) is seeking a Resident Engineer to join our Infrastructure team in Chicago, IL. The ideal candidate for this position will have a minimum of 15 years of relevant Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) District 1 Phase Ill Construction Engineering experience as described below. (Amec Foster Wheeler is now part of Wood)
- Administer and manage construction and documentation requirements in accordance with the IDOT Construction Manual on IDOT (or similar) Phase Ill Engineering projects
- Affectively manage and delegate work to the Phase Ill engineering staff of assistant resident engineers, documentation technicians, inspectors, surveyors, material coordinators, material QA technicians and other support personnel
- Manage the development, implementation and auditing of Phase Ill project safety and quality plans
- Advise, coach and mentor other Phase Ill engineering staff
- Manage client communications, expectations and satisfaction
- Recognize and initiate Phase Ill business development opportunities
- Participate in Phase Ill Engineering marketing and proposal efforts
- Manage and communicate results, budget and schedule information to client, project manager and operations manager
Wood is currently sourcing a Power Operations Manager for a Major Oil and Gas Operator in North Houston. Company is rapidly growing and looking for a long-term full-time employees.
- Expert in a professional field, generally with at least 20 years of experience relevant to the position, proven advanced leadership skills, rare/unique capability to provide strategic direction to a complex and/or large project (typically >$1G).
- May perform executive level job duties, such as establish and carry out departmental or organizational goals, policies, and procedures, direct and oversee an organization’s financial and budgetary activities, consult with other executives, staff, and board members about general operations, analyze financial statements, sales reports, and other performance indicators, identify key strategic opportunities to improve organizational/cross-company performance, policies, and programs.
Wood is currently sourcing a QA/QC Manager for a Major Oil and Gas Operator in Midland, TX. Company is rapidly growing and looking for a long-term full-time employee.
- Promote Quality awareness throughout the project, Prepare and maintain Project Quality Plan, Surveillance Programs and other quality procedures and tools and ensure their successful implementation across the project
- Interface and coordinate work activities between Quality and other disciplines
- Ensure project-specific indoctrination and general training for Quality personnel is conducted and provide quality-related training for PT as required
- Provide direction, guidance and resources to QACs
- Provide oversight of Contractors’ implementation of their Quality program and compliance with project requirements: Ensure appropriate quality and quantity of Contractor's Quality staff assigned to the project - Confirm adequacy of Contractors’ plans, procedures, processes and documents - Ensure appropriate PT review and approval of Contractor’s and Suppliers’ quality deliverables (e.g., plans, Criticality Ratings, Inspection and Test Plans)
- Ensure appropriate PT and functional review of deviations to equipment and materials Ensure audits of Contractors, Suppliers and PT are scheduled and conducted; lead PT audits and participate in Contractor audits as appropriate
- Steward audit findings to resolution and closure in a timely manner
- Coordinate Quality management activities to ensure consistency, effectiveness across the Project
- Maintain ongoing communication with Quality Coordinators (i.e., QACs, PQCs, SQCs) Manage resolution of quality issues and monitor quality performance
- Coordinate and report Project quality metrics to PT and Project Quality function
- Interface with Start-up / Operations to ensure clear understanding of project quality and participate in turnover as appropriate
- Technical training or high school diploma
- Technical discipline certifications commensurate with work experience
- Willing and able to business travel (domestic/overseas) to project sites to provide various levels of support
- Past Project Quality Manager Owner/Operator experience on major capital project This is a level 2 position:
- 10 to 20 years of related experience is required
Wood is currently seeking a Financial Accountant to join our team in Atlanta, GA.
** US Only- authorization to work permanently in the US without sponsorship is required.
- Work closely with Accounting Project Manager to supervise and perform all accounting and financial functions
- Assist with timeliness and accuracy of the monthly and year end accounting close processes
- Assist with quality control of system financial reports, create off line ad hoc management reports as required, and provide solid monthly commentary of business results to senior leadership
- Perform with review monthly statements and analyze variances to forecasts and budgets and take appropriate action if needed
- Perform monthly billing process in accordance with contract requirements
- Preform timely and accurate preparation and review of monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Maintain routine communication with project managers and Org Managers regarding project accounting function, including monthly and annual accounting schedules and deadlines
- Respond to financial and general task order inquiries by gathering, analyzing, summarizing, and interpreting data
Wood seeks a Project Administrator for our Solar, Wind, and Renewables group; to be based on site in Tucker, GA and potentially assigned to a long-term project site within North America. In this exciting mission-critical role you will support solar, wind, and renewables Project Directors, Project Managers, and Site Managers with project scopes, vendor management, visitor appointments, project milestones, vendor supplier documentation, etc.
- Work in project teams for the preparation projects and tenders
- Preparation of studies and project documentation
- Preparation of technical - economic data for planning and analysis
- Preparation of commercial and technical bids in domestic and international competitions
- Technical assistance, support and documentation preparation of projects.
Essential Job Functions Under Certain Circumstances:
- Performs duties and assignments as necessary in support of our solar/wind/renewables project managers and site managers
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Wood is currently seeking a Health, Safety, Security & Environmental Coordinator. The position will be based from Longmont, CO and will travel to project locations within the region. The position calls for candidates with passion and drive. This is a mid-level role that requires a high level of commitment and dedication to the health and wellbeing of others in our industry. The ideal candidate will have education, training, and/or experience in the fields of occupational safety and health or construction commensurate with the desired position. This includes craft and field experience with one or more disciplines. This role will be based in Colorado.
*Wood will not sponsor an employment Visa to fill this position.
Key Aims & Objectives:
Positively influence the Project by action, belief and conviction in the human system of safety management. Improve performance by setting an example of no compromise safety excellence.
Prime Responsibilities & Duties:
- Support the Project’s HSSE initiatives and programs
- Review existing policies and procedures, making recommendations for improvement
- Assist in the development of new HSSE policies and procedures to meet Project and overall Wood needs
- Utilize Wood audit protocols for all Process & Energy locations
- Participate in incident investigation and root cause analysis processes, and prepare required report(s)
- Assist employees and crews in the planning, recognition, evaluation, and mediation of risk for the Project
- Gain knowledge and understanding of applicable legislative, client, and Wood requirements for the Project
- Engage in the HSSE Training process for the Project
- Communicate effectively and regularly with Wood employees and supervision
- Provide injury care for employees
- Assist with implementation of the Wood Drug & Alcohol Program
- Support the needs of the Project HSSE Department
Industrial Construction Summer Internship
Wood Process and Energy is currently looking for summer interns to join our growing industrial construction teams for summer 2019. The ideal candidates should be interested in the field construction side of the business and working toward a degree in building / construction, construction management, civil, mechanical or electrical engineering. The Summer Internship position will work out of the Springboro OH office, with possibility of some site visits. This position is a temporary internship with a duration of approximately twelve weeks. Work hours are generally 40 hours per week. This temporary position is classified as non-exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Assist with construction observations, reporting and materials testing and monitoring
Assist in the preparation of quantity take-offs, cost estimates, engineering drawings, maps, and other related graphics as required to support project
Assist in facilitating change orders
Assist with revisions to project documents
Monitor field variations by shadowing Project Superintendents
Reporting of daily activities of a construction crew
Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction
Additional responsibilities will be defined in the relevant process procedure
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions has a career opportunity for an experienced Project Coordinator to support our Columbia office. This individual will assist with project coordination and administration tasks in support of Client program needs.
The ideal candidate will coordinate and assist with project administration tasks including project set-ups, invoicing, and accounts receivable tracking, data tabulation, and report preparation. In addition, the position will support general office administration tasks.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Civil Engineer with solar or renewable energy projects experience for out office in Mexico City, Mexico. The Civil Engineer will undertake specific tasks relating to delivery of our various renewable energy assignments, working under the supervision of the project managers and/or team leaders.
The ideal candidate will have experience consulting, and a demonstrated understanding of interconnection with Power Plants. A bilingual (Spanish and English) self-starter, who is interested in working as a consultant in a growing office will thrive in this environment.
- Act as the main interface and manage the relationship with key clients, and take responsibility for the financial performance of any projects managed
- Take responsibility for delivering tasks assigned by project managers and/or team leaders on time, to budget and to the required standards
- Build and maintain knowledge of specific topics relating to the development of renewable energy technologies and utilise this to produce report sections which satisfy work instruction
- Produce high quality reports which fully address scope, are grammatically correct, and are within stipulated budget
- Resolve problems, interpret engineering specifications, investigate design and field engineering difficulties, coordinate work schedules and prepare progress reports.
- Ensure compliance with integrated management system
- Maintain training and certification requirements to meet the needs of site visits.
- Attend industry events to maintain market awareness.
- Establish leads in line with business development plan (where applicable)
- Participate in creation and submission of proposals
- Identify areas for personal professional development