Click column header to sort
Success criteria includes:
- Increased win rates within the respective businesses
- Ensure the business is properly supported
- Ensure quality of bids
Summary of Responsibilities include:
- Proposals - Lead proposal process from start to finish for respective business and on assigned proposals
- Cross Selling – Encourage and support cross selling of services for Wood across all markets
More detailed responsibilities:
- Business Development Responses: Responsible for leading Wood’s responses to business development opportunities, including initial pursuits of prospects, requests for information, solicitation of interests, pre-qualifications, and requests for proposals. Proposal coordination responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop and lead the implementation of a proposal responsibility matrix and proposal schedule
- Lead proposal kick-off and review meetings
- Faciltate the proposal win strategy development, value proposition and executive summary and ensure these key elements of the proposal are clear and concise throughout the proposal
- Develop sections of the proposal assigned to the Proposal Coordinator and expedite others at all levels of management and organization in the development of information required for the proposal
- Lead proposal data entry, formatting, editing, reviews, reproduction and delivery
- Interface with key participants, including clients, to execute the proposal process
- Develop sales and technical information for proposal use
- Develop proposal resource material (resumes, presentations, boilerplate, etc.)
- Ensure overall compliance with applicable client requests and requirements
- Follow proposal procedures and guidelines (Corporate and BU-specific)
- Proposal Management Reviews: Facilitate technical and commercial proposal reviews and lead red team reviews and prepare the relevant documentation for those reviews as necessary
We are currently sourcing a HR Administrator(Contract) to join our team in Houston, TX. The successful candidate will serve as the primary point of contact for the Everything People Support Center. Responsible for receiving, routing, resolving, and properly closing all inquiries within an accurate and timely manner. Inputs and responsible for all aspects of HR data across the range of HR Information Systems.
Wood is currently hiring a Roustabout for the Buffalo, WY area. U.S Only: Authorization to work permanently in the U.S without sponsorship required.
- Be willing to assist roustabouts and other co-workers in all aspects of work as needed
- Coordinate machine actions with other activities, positioning or moving loads in response to hand or audio signals from crew members
- Conduct housekeeping duties at the job site, on company vehicle and equipment
- This position will provide support on day-to-day project needs
- Take actions to avoid potential hazards or obstructions, such as utility lines, other equipment, other workers, or falling objects
- Willing to work in all weather condition
- Other duties as assigned
BELOW IS INFORMATION TO AID YOU IN BUILDING YOUR REQUISITION. PLEASE HIGHLIGHT AND DELETE THIS INFORMATION WHEN REPLACING IT WITH THE POSITION SPECIFICATION.
Wood is searching for a Survey Technician with experience the Construction indusrty.
Authorization to work permanently in the US without sponsorship is required.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Structural Engineer at our Tallahassee -FL office.
- Develop design concepts through to detailed design stage
- Design tasks mainly involve load determination, stress analysis, structural steel design using computational software design tools and hand calculations as appropriate
- Coordinate structural engineering with other engineering disciplines.
- Prepare work scope documents and technical specifications
- Evaluate supplier bids for compliance to internal & client specifications and scopes of work
- Provide technical evaluation of supplier bids and present to project management
- Support the estimating and proposals teams by preparing preliminary designs, technical write-ups and specifications for cost estimating purposes
- Conduct on-site inspections and troubleshooting investigations as required
- Work in a team environment with other disciplines.
- Operate within the company's Quality system and Safety Policy in all phases of assignments.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Heavy Equipment Operator - Excavator with experience in the Construction industry.
Authorization to work permanently in the US without sponsorship is required.
Wood is currently recruiting for an Equipment Manager at our Springboro - OH location.
Equipment Manager directs and coordinates activities of workers engaged in servicing and repair of vehicles and equipment by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensures that every vehicle and piece of equipment is functioning properly.
- Establishes policies for inspection, maintenance, and repair of vehicles and communicates those policies.
- Determines weekly and monthly repair schedules to reduce or eliminate downtime; communicates the schedules to the appropriate people.
- Confers with the dispatcher and Vice President of Operations to arrange for vehicles and equipment to be released from service for inspection, service, or repair.
- Schedules repairs in a timely, cost-effective manner; assigns and directs activities of service and repair personnel; and follows up on repairs being made.
- Establishes procedures for tracking costs associated with large and small equipment repairs; tracks costs and reports to the Vice President of Operations as necessary.
- Establishes a list of reliable vendors and ensures the best pricing and delivery for all shop and equipment related services and materials.
- Authorizes and arranges for purchase of shop supplies and tools.
- Consults with Vice President of Operations on vehicle and equipment replacement needs.
- Contracts for repair services not performed in shop.
- Works with the Safety Director to investigate and evaluate cause and extent of damage to equipment involved in accidents or malfunctions.
- Tracks equipment utilization in Heavy Job and Vista to ensure accuracy.
- Reviews and approves all tool and equipment purchases for the shop and field.
- Responds to requests for rental equipment; orders and tracks the equipment; also establishes the hourly rate and communicates the activation and deactivation of the equipment to the appropriate people
- Ensures that all rental equipment is returned in a timely manner.
- Establishes and monitors all fuel deliveries.
- Monitors warranty periods on all leased and purchased equipment.
- Monitors changes to DOT regulations; communicates any changes to all affected departments and keeps the company in compliance.
- Operates the shop within budget and according to established policies and procedures.
- Oversees the maintenance of the corporate office building and grounds; this includes work performed by employees and/or outside vendors for HVAC, lawn care, snow removal, security, etc.
Directly supervises 2-3 mechanics in the HCE Shop. Provide leadership and assistance to all area equipment managers and or operations managers within Wood Heavy Civils. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Wood has a long tradition delivering Transmission and Design projects globally to a wide and established client base. Due to recent growth we are expanding our resources through the South East United States to provide enhanced local support to our customers.
Wood currently have an exciting opportunity for a Distribution Designer. Reporting to the Distribution Lead Engineer, this position can be located in West Palm Beach, FL or Orlando offices. If you are looking to strengthen and enhance your skills, thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment and are looking for that next step in the growth of your career, this is the opportunity for you.
- Supporting engineering of distribution electrical projects through the entire project lifecycle: from conceptual and feasibility, though detailed design, and into construction and into service
- Supporting overhead and underground distribution engineering projects by clearly defining scopes of work, completing cost estimates, performing engineering calculations, and developing detailed design drawings
- Supporting documentation processed for projects including technical specifications, tender documents, technical reports and project calculations
- Providing construction support and responding to information requests during construction and completing project documentation including as-builts, calculations and return of data to the client
- Traveling and visiting project sites during design and construction
Wood Environmental & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Mid-Level Geologist or Hydrogeologist to join our team in Traverse City, MI.
Are you a Geologist or Hydrogeologist with 10 to 15 years environmental/consulting experience that enjoys technical challenges as well as client, agency and public interaction? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established environmental consulting firm that values its employee’s enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are seeking for a Mid-Level Geologist or Hydrogeologist to join our Traverse City, MI team and are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their careers. This position requires an individual with effective communication skills as significant client, agency, public and team interactions are expected.
- Manages the development of work scope, schedule, and budget definition for proposals
- Directs the execution of work, including subcontractor procurement
- Assists the Project Manager and team in ensuring effective client and regulatory agency communication and relations
- Prepare reports, work plans, health and safety plans, and quality control plans under the supervision of senior staff
- Performs data quality assurance review of field and laboratory work product to determine whether data quality objectives have been met
- Direct multi-media sampling, including soil, groundwater, vapor, indoor air, asbestos, and other regulated materials
- Assists the Project Manager on technical assignments and management of specific elements of the project in the field as well as in the office (i.e., task management)
- Evaluates compliance of subcontractor work against technical specifications and scopes of work
- Demonstrates competency in a combination of areas including field supervision, technical knowledge and task management
- Conducts moderately complex scientific assessment and analysis
- Prepares or assists in preparing remedial investigation reports, remedial/corrective action plans, remedial designs, due diligence reports, and related documents; Includes work summaries, data summaries, data synthesis (e.g., conceptual site models), engineering calculations, summary tables, figures, engineering drawings and specifications, and report text
- Assists Project Manager with cost and schedule control
- Reviews payment applications, requests for information, change order requests and other subcontractor submittals
- Demonstrates and maintains competency in a diverse set of local, state, and federal environmental regulations
- Motivates, trains, and mentors subordinate staff assigned to his/her tasks or projects
- The position may entail approximately 90% office work and 10% field work on a variety of projects, primarily for industrial and commercial clients
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions has a career opportunity for an Entry-Level Environmental Scientist or Geologist with our Traverse City, MI office. Are you an Environmental Scientist or Geologist with 0 – 5 + years of experience? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with a global engineering consulting firm that values its employee’s enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career.
- The position is approximately 75% field work and 25% office work on industrial, commercial and federal sites
- Will work under the supervision of a Senior Geologist/Scientist
- Field activities include; logging of soil borings and rock cores, design and oversight of groundwater monitoring well installations, collecting soil, groundwater, surface-water and sediment samples as well as documenting field activities
- Will oversee remediation contractors and collect data from soil and groundwater remediation systems
- Office activities include analysis and interpretation of analytical results and assistance with the preparation of site assessment reports under the supervision of a Senior Geologist/Scientist
- Will be expected to thoroughly check permit applications, data tables, figures and boring logs/well construction diagrams
- Will do field mapping and map preparation and maintain spreadsheets/databases of chemical results and other data for projects, prepare charts, conduct routine scientific calculations and run computer programs
- Will follow company safety standards, participate in safety training and prepare and implement site safety plans
- Will travel to project sites in Michigan and surrounding states; Approximately 25% ~ 50% overnight travel
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Construction Materials Testing Technician to join our Nevada team to support construction materials testing of mining/commercial/industrial projects.
- Operate standard construction materials testing equipment and perform routine testing procedures (primarily concrete, soils and geosynthetic liner systems)
- Perform soil density testing using both nuclear gauge and sand cone in accordance with ASTM and project specifications on site at commercial construction projects
- Perform analysis or calculations to check accuracy of test data
- Prepare daily reports of observation and test results
- Will monitor work procedures for compliance with project specifications
- Test and work in accordance with Company safety policies
- Will interact with client representatives (supervisors, foremen, project managers, engineers, etc.) at project sites
Wood is currently recruiting for a Project Manager to manage numerous small projects at an industrial chemical plant in the Tallahassee region.
- Assist plant personnel in defining project scope, project schedule, securing partial project funding for developmental engineering (when required), project cost tracking, etc.
- Organize and coordinate meetings with contractors, engineering, and plant personnel
- Developing engineering and construction scope of work for bids
- Preparing project estimates utilizing client’s guidelines and local contractor quotations
- Acquiring final project funding approvals
- Managing and working with client’s engineering and construction subcontractors
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc. is seeking a Human Health Risk Assessor to conduct various human health risk assessment activities and in collaboration with other risk assessment professionals, prepare risk assessment reports for submittal to clients. Risk assessments will be prepared to meet the requirements of the United States Environmental Protection Agency, the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection, and many other States’ environmental regulatory programs.
- Contribute to the preparation of risk assessment reports as a member of project-specific risk assessment teams with direction from the project risk assessment task lead and supervision by the Risk Assessment Group Manager
- Collect or compile analytical chemical data from published and unpublished materials
- Enter data into and extract data from standard computer programs and risk assessment spreadsheet tools
- Research regulatory and technical requirements for conducting risk assessments under specific regulatory programs
- Document in written text risk assessment activities that have been completed, including data evaluation, selection of chemicals of potential concern, exposure assessment, toxicity assessment and calculations of cancer risk and noncancer hazard (both routine and non-routine calculations)
- Conduct quality assurance/quality control activities for work products prepared by colleagues
- Conduct work activities within identified budget and schedule requirements
- Contribute to preparation of proposals to win new work for small and large projects that include a risk assessment component
- May contribute to technical presentations or papers for publication
- Some travel may be required
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is looking for a Site Radiation Safety Officer (SRSO) to implement the Wood operational radiation protection program on California field remediation projects. Would be an authorized user on both the California, and NRC radioactive materials licenses maintained by the Radiological Services & Engineering office. The SRSO will report to the Section Lead for Radiation Protection, but will be the onsite representative responsible for oversight and implementation of the license Program.
- Serves as the SRSO to implement the license Radiation Protection Program on California remediation projects where radiation protection is mandated or warranted
- Coordinate Radiation Protection requirements with the Project manager ensure work is completed in a safe, and compliant manner
- Oversees the program to train and qualify Radiological Control Technicians (RCT), Radiation Workers, and Visitors
- Supervise one or more trained RCT’s
- Manage, analyze, review, and interpret data and information collected in support of the Radiation Protection Program
- Ensure radiological protection instrumentation and equipment is maintained and available as required by the license
- Maintain records of program activities and project field activities to demonstrate compliance with the Radiation Protection Program,radioactive materials licenses, and associated laws and regulations
- Generate and maintain all required documentation
- Effectively communicate with customers (both internal and external), regulators, project management and field staff
- This is a full-time position based at the San Francisco Bay area but may also support radiological work throughout California
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Project Manager to join our Radiological Services & Engineering group in Grand Junction Co. The successful candidate will provide project / task management and be responsible for delivering complex engineering and environmental remediation projects to Wood’s public and private sector clients. Projects generally include engineering, remediation design and implementation, site characterization and other projects with a radiological work element.
- Will manage remediation and radiological projects and interact with clients; Serves as point of contact with the clients
- Manage technical, budgetary and schedule performance to achieve client satisfaction and repeat business
- Responsible for all aspects of site project management, safety, quality, compliance with site, and company policies
- Will manage scope, schedule and cost control in accordance with the project baseline and assurance of overall client satisfaction
- Assist in the development of project work plans and cost estimates
- Assist in the preparation of client deliverables, including reports and planning documents
- Field task management, field oversight and field decision making
- Ensure Field
- Project and budget management including resource management and oversight
- Data collection, reduction, and analysis
- Interaction with regulators and subcontractors
- Assists in mentoring new staff and junior engineers
- Will travel to client and project sites; Approximately 25-50% overnight travel
The Infrastructure Branch of the Wood office in Phoenix is seeking a BIM Manager to manage the development of standards and tools, as well as outlining the workflows and overall implementation, of 3-dimensional computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) processes. The position is part of a fast-evolving Design Center currently delivering municipal and industrial water projects administered under different project delivery methods. Because this position will be key to the long-term growth and success of the Design Center, Wood desires a professional with a successful track record of working and managing BIM design efforts for multi-discipline engineering projects.
- Serve as a single point of contact for setup and coordination of various 3D software platforms between engineering disciplines
- Assist the Project Manager with BIM software selection and level of detail required to meet project objectives
- Run and analyze clash detection, and properly communicate these with the corresponding discipline leads and the Project Manager
- Facilitate subcontractor communication regarding standards and submittals/deliverables
- Meet with designers and project leadership as required to facilitate CADD matters
- Development of best-practices related to BIM to increase user effectiveness
- Implement and oversee proper document control of design documents
- Support each project team by managing and creating content library files and templates, creating and enforcing standards, and evaluating project models
Wood has an opportunity available for a strong Project Engineer. This mission-critical role will require an individual with 5-10 years of EPC Heavy Industrial Construction experience in the field, working on large EPC and/or Heavy Industrial Construction Projects ($150 M or larger). He/she will have solid project execution and planning/scheduling experience. This position will be located on our project site in Centerville, LA for a 12 month plus field assignment.
If you thrive in a dynamic environment, and are interested in joining a global organization, positioned for growth and keen to see you grow your career, this is the role for you.
- Manage project engineering and related personnel functions and activities; this Includes personnel planning, administration work assignments, wage increases/promotions, disciplinary actions, etc.
- Insure project engineering activities comply with company and contract requirements and support overall construction schedule
- Provide technical support for construction effort including participation in construction planning and design; interpretation of design; application of construction methods; resolution and documentation of design conflicts; constructability reviews, etc.
- Develop implement and administer project engineering procedures and other work controlling documents
- Represent company, project and/or department during A/E, client and project management meetings
- Interface all on-site departments as required to resolve problems, ensure quality of construction, etc. in support of overall project schedule
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction
- Additional responsibilities are defined in the relevant process procedure
- Candidate must be willing to travel to job site locations
Are you an Engineer with 5+ years of experience? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established environmental consulting firm on technically complex projects and with opportunities for personal and professional growth? Are you looking for a firm that values its employee’s enthusiasm and technical contributions?
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is growing, and we have a career opportunity for a Civil Engineer to join our dynamic team in San Diego, CA.
- Assist in the development and management of high quality, safety focused, sustainable engineering solutions for our municipal, commercial and industrial clients including conceptual design, final design and construction support services focused around municipal and industrial stormwater evaluation & process design, storm water permit compliance, facilities planning, engineering, permitting & compliance, construction, operations and general civil/industrial engineering services
- Preparation and/or oversight of technical studies (hydrology and hydraulic reports, stormwater quality management plans, SWPPPs), construction specifications, plans, and cost estimates
- Ability to determine what technical tasks are needed in order to complete a project and what technical skills/programs are needed for those tasks
- Development and/or oversight of hydrologic and hydraulic models
- Provide supervision during engineering design for entry-level staff
- Monitor project budgets and schedules
- Attend and lead (or co-lead) client and subconsultant meetings and site visits
- Serve as an effective interface between the senior engineers and the younger staff (internally) and ability to communicate effectively with clients (externally)
- Interested in getting involved in client business development, including client development, SOW and proposal preparation
- Contribute to the growth of the civil engineering services provided within the Water Resources group
Are you an Engineer with 10+ years of experience? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established environmental consulting firm on technically complex projects and with opportunities for personal and professional growth? Are you looking for a firm that values its employee’s enthusiasm and technical contributions?
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is growing, and we have a career opportunity for a Senior Civil Engineer to join our dynamic team in San Diego, CA.
- Assist in the development and leadership of a project team in San Diego to provide civil engineering services within the water resources business line for municipal, commercial and industrial clients in California
- Develop and lead high quality, safety focused, sustainable engineering solutions for our municipal, commercial and industrial clients including conceptual design, final design and construction support services focused around municipal and industrial stormwater evaluation & process design, storm water permit compliance, facilities planning, engineering, permitting & compliance, construction, operations and general civil/industrial engineering services
- Preparation and oversight of technical studies, construction specifications, plans, and cost estimates
- Provide guidance to entry-level and other mid-level engineering staff while developing hydrologic and hydraulic models
- Provide supervision during engineering design for entry-level and other mid-level engineering staff
- Execute project performance and budget monitoring & reporting (internally and externally)
- Serve as an effective interface between client's project team and consulting team, conveying technical, schedule and financial information in a timely and professional manner
- Contribute to client business development activities in a doer/seller format, including client development, SOW and proposal preparation and client-centric presentations
- Contribute to staff development consisting of individuals with 0 - 15 years’ experience and provide quality review, quality assurance and mentoring
Wood is currently recruiting for an Entry-level CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) Engineer with 0-2 years of experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
Our Intelligent Operations’ Team in Houston is currently looking for an Entry Level CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) Engineer to work on CFD related consultancy projects in the Energy industry. The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate CFD knowledge acquired during education or first industrial experience, execute assigned scope of work and support the developments of the well-established CFD business in the region. This position will report to the local CFD manager and the local Intelligent Operations Manager. The position will be based in our Houston office. The successful candidate is required to perform CFD projects as part of the team and will be responsible for the delivery of projects. The successful candidate should demonstrate previous experience using CFD tools either in academics and/or industrial environment. The ideal candidate should demonstrate strong knowledge in combustion and/or multiphase flow modelling.
- Responsible for the consultancy projects from proposal stage to delivery of final report with high standard and good Client satisfaction
- Project management including monitoring of projects with an emphasis on delivery, schedule and efficiency tracking
- Liaise and work with other discipline leads in order to develop the CFD business
- Liaise with third parties and Clients as required
- Ensure that Design methods, Standards and data used, conform with Client's requirements and / or those issued by Wood
- Be responsible for the checking and approval processes in accordance with Wood’s Quality Assurance procedures
- Ensure a high standard of safety is achieved and Environmental and Quality Assurance procedures are followed