Wood is currently looking for a Reporting Accountant and Analyst based out of our Corporate Office in Springboro, Ohio.
** US Only- Authorization to work permanently in the US without sponsorship required.
Reports to: Controller
Supervises: None at this time
Reason for Position:
This role will be vital to the success of the corporation through support of the accounting department. With the growth of the corporation, this role will provide the analytics and reporting needed to manage short-term and long-term results along with the day-to-day operations of the Company. They will provide information needed for corporate reports from various departments. They will provide analytics of equipment and labor utilization.
- Create and maintain reports to include Accounting, Payroll, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Equipment utilization and any other ad hoc requests.
- Work with Equipment, Operations and Finance teams to provide analysis and make recommendations.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly and annual financial statement reports including cost to complete reports.
- Create and maintain reforecasts and budgets.
- Provide variance analysis.
- Assist auditors with data and report requests.
- Assist in month and year end closing and annual audit.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Project Accountant in our Austin, Texas office.
The role is primarily responsible for Accounting for projects which will include lump sum contracts and reimbursable contracts of both long term contracts and short term contracts. Main focus is to conform with accounting principles and business processes.
This key role:
- Works closely with Project Managers, Billing Specialist and the Project Finance Managers to obtain produce individual project financials, project analysis and obtain project forecasts.
- Works effectively across the project allocation to ensure that robust project accounting takes place.
- Will be able to run all required project control and finance systems and tools to enable the successful management and reporting of the project costs in the business.
- Understand the financial information contained within the commercial agreements, agreed rates and required approvals.
- Provide project accounting assistance at kick off meetings and monthly project review meetings
- Ensure each project is set up to capture the structure correctly i.e. in Lump sum contracts, Revenue recognition points, Billing milestones
- Review Project costs in the month and make necessary accruals for missing costs
- Review Variation Orders (VO’s) and potential VO’s confirming the accounting with regards to their status & probability of them being awarded by the client.
- Ensure we are meeting the conditions for revenue recognition and billing milestones and ensuring we are accounting for the Revenue milestones vs cash milestones appropriately
- Account for the Impact of FX on each of the projects. For all non-functional currency projects on – understanding what is the cost to the business and improve our hedging activities.
- Maintain visibility over all costs incurred; pass through costs, and, passing them through timely.
- Maintain Visibility over amounts Unbilled and work with Billing specialists to get invoices out timely.
- Accounting for costs that have not yet been received on the project (maintaining margins) in accordance with the project CTR / Activities.
- Margin analysis, Cost rate vs Sell rate explaining Mix and volume variance.
- Accounting from a full project forecast to the end of the job compared to “AS sold”
- Contingency analysis – Understanding what we have to work with in the project and accounting for contingency when releases or increases are due.
- Liaise with the Clean Energy business to develop a structure for project reporting requirements to ensure timely and accurate internal reporting.
- Provide ad-hoc support and share knowledge in job set up in Oracle.
- Study and understand all relevant documents pertaining to the preparation of job set up as a quality control to ensure governance in commercial, cost and contractual review.
- Provide ad-hoc support to the project allocations management in Clean Energy.
- Responsibility for the Project Controls Mailbox and managing the business requests that come through with support from the team where required.
- Monitor and control cost commitments and expenditures through live projects.
- Support in the delivery of Operations Engagement sessions and the development of the Project Controls Implementation Strategy for Clean Energy.
- Attend Project Reviews as necessary to provide project control support as required.
- Management of Project Variations.
- Regular communication/review with Service Lines to ensure integrity in budgets and expenditure.
- Highlight any unusual activity in projects and highlight to Project Managers.
- Provide ad-hoc data migration support to Clean Energy offices.
- Become an experienced user of OBIE reporting tool to hold review sessions with project management and champion its use across the business.
- Understand Azolve and coding process to allow expediting of approvals.
- Involve closely with lump sum and intercompany project cost reporting opportunities as they develop in line with expanding project control service offering in Clean Energy.
- Produce and issue weekly end date reports to the Clean Energy business.
- Liaise with Time writing Central as required to ensure accurate and timely capture of costs and ensure costs are allocated accurately in accordance with approved project task structure.
- Produce weekly and monthly project cost and status reports as they become established within the business as a requirement for internal control and client reporting.
- Act as the Project Close-out Champion for Clean Energy, embedding the developed processes into Clean Energy business.
- Assist with the preparation of proposal CTR documents, particularly for lump sum and strategic tenders where applicable.
- Have a basic understanding of how Project Controls is applied across STS in relation to project planning, risk analysis, scheduling and change control.
- Project reporting – On all large projects, we should include within the financial & progress reporting pack.
- Provide variance analysis showing “As Sold/Original ” P/L verses “Actual / Current” P/L.
- Maintaining Cash Flow implications on the wider business, especially on large projects.
- Maintaining clear visibility of the project balance sheet.
- Reconciliation and financial management of Work in progress & unbilled / Accrued Sales, understanding the timing and timing of these areas.
- Reconcile the Job cost ledger to the General ledger.
- Reporting Backlog, Backlog burn and replenishment.
Project Accounts / Cost Analyst
This role will provide support to our Site Professional Services Group and will manage / be responsible for all accounting and cost related activities within the group. The Site Professional Services Group consists of approximately 200 seconded employees across various client sites throughout the US.
U.S. Only: Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
Overview / Responsibilities
- Manages cost accounting for multiple projects to include Subcontractor AP processing, Client invoicing, POs and budgets
- Project setup via Wood systems in accordance with proposed execution / Master Services Agreement
- Accurately interprets contract terms and conditions and builds commercial terms into project setup to ensure maximum profitability.
- Coordinates with billing departments and/or customers to ensure invoices have been received, approved, and paid
- Reviews AR reports with the Account Manager to ensure billing and collection is paid within net payment terms agreements.
- Review all project transactions, documents, time reports, expenses and subcontractor invoices tracking all spend across various accounts
- Coordinate between Accounts payable and projects for coding of invoices, ensuring that missing/expected invoices are accrued for/accounted timely.
- Weekly review of margins, revenue, debtor and cash flow.
- Project closeouts
- Preparing forecasts, cost trend reports and monitor cost and budget forecasts
- Reporting project cost to management for internal reviews as well as analyzing cost variances and recommending correction actions
- Participating in earned value analysis activities
- Reviewing contractor, vendor, and consultant invoices
- Assisting with the set-up, tracking and analyzing engineering man-hours and associated costs within the Company’s proprietary management system
- Preparing narrative and cost reports for the monthly progress reports
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Construction Inspection Technician to join our team in Nashville, TN.
Perform field and laboratory assignments under general supervision including:
- Quality assurance/control testing of construction materials (asphalt, concrete, soil, and rock) at various types of construction sites
- Drafting daily field reports
- Operating standard geotechnical testing equipment (field and laboratory)
- Performing routine laboratory testing procedures
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently recruiting for a Mid-Level Hydrogeologist with 8 to 10 years environmental/consulting experience to join our Knoxville, Tennessee team. We are looking for a candidate that has hydrogeological modeling experience that can hit the ground running and enjoys taking on unique challenges. This position requires an individual with effective communication skills as significant client, agency, public and team interactions are expected.
- Conducting moderately complex scientific assessment and analysis
- Demonstrates competency in a combination of areas including field supervision, technical knowledge, and task management
- Data collection and development of simple and complex conceptual site models related, but not limited to hydrogeologic setting, contaminant fate and transport, receptor evaluation/identification, and data gap analysis
- Building and calibrating hydrogeologic models for use in running predictive contaminant transport scenarios
- Directing multi-media sampling, including soil, groundwater, vapor, indoor air, and other regulated materials
- Assisting the Project Manager and team in ensuring effective client and regulatory agency communication and relations
- Preparing or assisting in the development of work scope, schedule, and budget definition for proposals
- Prepares or assists in preparing remedial investigation reports, remedial / corrective action plans, remedial designs, due diligence reports, and related documents; Includes work summaries, data summaries, data synthesis (e.g., conceptual site models), engineering calculations, summary tables, figures, engineering drawings and specifications, and report text
- Performs data quality assurance review of field and laboratory work product to determine whether data quality objectives have been met
- Assisting Project Manager with cost and schedule control
- Assisting in planning the execution of work, including subcontractor procurement
- Evaluating compliance of subcontractor work against technical specifications and scopes of work
- Conducting oversight of subcontractors, including utility locators, drillers (direct push, sonic, and hollow stem auger), remediation contractors, surveyors, and emergency response contractors
- Demonstrates and maintains competency in a diverse set of local, state, and federal environmental regulations
- Motivates, trains, and mentors subordinate staff assigned to his/her tasks or projects
- The position may entail approximately 80% office work and 20% field work on a variety of projects, primarily for industrial and commercial clients
- Assists the Project Manager on technical assignments and management of specific elements of the project in the field as well as in the office (i.e., task management)
Wood is currently recruiting for a Process Engineer in the oil and gas and chemical industries. This professonal will work in the Corpus Christi, TX Office. Local candidates preferred.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
Duties will include preparing process designs for small plant projects including:
- Equipment rating/sizing
- Hydraulic Analysis
- Safety System Analysis
- Relief valve/relief system calculations/documentation
- Process Flow Diagram/heat and material balance updates for projects
- P&ID Updates
- MOC documentation/updates
- Process Unit Troubleshooting assistance
- Uses advanced technical knowledge to perform engineering assignments including complex problems and to complete any project tasks with minimal guidance and direction
- Highly competent to perform all process engineering functions including: deliverables such as feasibility and optimization studies, process simulations and heat and material balances, process equipment sizing, process data for instrument and mechanical data sheets, hydraulic piping line sizing and other philosophies and reports. In addition, highly competent to perform relief calculations and flare network modeling
- Support project management personnel with regular reporting, scheduling, staffing planning and coordination
- Able to check Engineering calculations as well as check drawings in accordance with industry codes and standards; Assign tasks to and supervise the work of less senior personnel
- Initiates regular communication between the process team and all other engineering disciplines to ensure quality of work and that consistent technical content is maintained for all design documents/data throughout the project
Wood Brasil is looking for a Maintenance Engineer to supervise FPSO maintenance offshore Rio de Janeiro.
If you want to be part of the leading Subsea Engineering company in Brazil, whithin a dynamic and supportive enviroment team, this is your best bet!
Some of the responsabilites that need to be accountable for:
- Make sure that Company maintenance system is implemented and followed by FPSO Contractor.
- Perform maintenance audit on the FPSO.
- Ensure that preventive and corrective maintenance is performed by FPSO contractor.
- Control that FPSO contractor complies with NR13 of Ministry of Labor.
- Control that FPSO contractor complies with cranes annual requirements.
- Support the Operations Manager in technical issues related to mechanical equipment
Wood is currently looking for a SCADA Programmer for a Major Oil and Gas Operator in Midland, TX. Company is rapidly growing and looking for a long-term full-time employee.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Responsible for the day to day support, maintenance, and development of SCADA systems utilizing corporate-driven standard solutions.
- Responsibilities will also include support of the plants and facilities and the process controls within these sites.
- Interface with various customer and support elements including automation, measurement, engineering, production, operations and plant support, and other IT support staff.
- Add wells to AutoSol and Wonderware. Troubleshoot communications issues.
- Work with production and facilities teams to bring in well site data, salt water disposals, compressor site data, and any field automation into our Wonderware SCADA systems for alarm historizing/trending, and display.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking an Entry-Level Water Resources Engineer to join our team in Columbia, SC to support our Water Resources, Natural Resources and Environmental Assessment groups. Ideal candidates will have a Bachelor of Science degree in civil / environmental engineering, preferably an Engineer-in-Training certification, and 0-3 years of experience.
- Support civil design, stream restoration, and other water resources design projects
- Support stormwater management programs
- Support environmental permitting projects
- Support various projects within Environmental Branch (e.g., Phase I Environmental Site
- Assessments and wetland delineations)
- Conduct field investigations
- Conduct sampling events (surface water, groundwater, soil) in various site settings
- Perform engineering calculations
- Develop hydrologic and hydraulic models
- Assist senior staff with the preparation of technical reports, including compiling analytical data
- Conduct public education, including environmental education in schools, educational workshops and at local festivals
- Some travel/field work (daytime and overnight) may be required (usually in Southeast U.S.)
- Work with a team of water resources engineers and environmental scientists
- Have and maintain a valid driver’s license, work outdoors in various weather conditions
Wood is currently recruiting for a capital Project Manager with experience in the chemical manufacturing or similar industries.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Coordinate front end work leading up to the capital design phase of the project
- Lead the development of overall project scope, execution strategy, and cost estimate for funds request
- Execute project while meeting safety, cost, and schedule goals
- Lead preparation of the funding documents for the project working with the Project Team, Site Area Personnel, and Finance Group
- Based on project requirements, assemble a team of qualified personnel of various disciplines to execute the project
- Lead decisions on contracting strategy and selection of contractor(s)
- Provide services and support for pre-startup and commissioning activities
- Responsible for final close out reporting and all documentation required for the project
- Set up cost control in SAP and manage cost, schedule, and scope within corporate guidelines
- Perform Engineering review as required
- Act as role model for other less experienced engineers and mentor/coach as appropriate
- Prepare progress reports as needed
Wood is currently recruiting for a Part Time Document Control Assistant. You will be responsible for assisting in the document control department of an active chemical plant in Pasadena, Texas
- Assist with checking, copying and distributing of IFC drawing packages
- Archive electronic and manual drawings
- Scan manual drawings for CAD conversion project, pull manual drawings and superseded as applicable
- Assist with issuing client’s standards and installation detail drawings
Wood is currently seeking a Mid to Senior-Level Civil Engineer to join our team in Tucker, GA.
- Preparation and Quality Control of construction documents such as drawings, specifications, etc. as related to the civil site and infrastructure
- Primary function will be Civil Design and QC for large-scale industrial projects for both EPC and Engineer Consulting contracts
- Client interface may be expected
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking Environmental Analysts to work with senior managers to assist with environmental planning projects, expand existing and new client relationships, and contribute to Wood’s capacity in the environmental and engineering marketplace.
The successful candidate will report to a Senior Program Manager and work directly with project managers throughout California. Primary responsibilities will include preparing analyses of environmental issues in the context of National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) compliance, Clean Water Act (CWA) Section 404 permitting, local planning documents, etc.
Do you have a wide range of experience, but having trouble seeing your career advance with your current employer?
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is recruiting a Project Manager in Civil Engineering for our Durham, NC office. This individual will be part of our Engineered Construction team that supports our industrial, municipal and NCDOT clientele. The position relies heavily on a combination of leadership and technical qualities. As a Project Manager, you will set the bar of excellence for delivering a quality project on time and within budget. The successful candidate will have a strong desire to build and grow our talented professionals into thriving consultants.
- Engage in team mentoring and be mentored
- Define career goals
- Participate in and manage Industrial and municipal projects
- Prepare and manage scopes, schedules and budgets
- Write reports and technical memos
- Manage client communications, expectations and satisfaction
- Recognize and initiate business development opportunities
- Maintain effective client relationships; leverage project experience to win work
- Lead and/or assist with the coordination, development and production of proposals, SOQ's and presentations, ensuring the highest quality of information and documentation output
- Advise, coach and develop junior engineers
- Provide technical collaboration to all projects within the group
- Perform Independent Technical Review, on work performed by others, as a part of our Quality Control program
- Enforce corporate/office health and safety procedures
- Know and understand various Agencies of Jurisdiction and associated rules and guidelines
Wood is recruiting for a Senior Electrical Designer at our Tucker, GA office.
- Input the required design data into electrical index as per the defined structure and format
- 3D Modelling using Aveva PDMS/E3D and Revit
- Carry out cable sizing calculations
- Prepare cable schedules
- Prepare power control/relay schematics, motor elementary and wiring diagrams
- Prepare interconnection diagrams
- Carry out lighting illumination calculations
- Prepare lighting and small power layout drawings
- Carry out cable tray routing drawings 3D Modelling for cable trays and panels
- Prepare electrical installation detail drawings
- Prepare electrical MTO’s
- Prepare earthing layout drawings
- Prepare material requisitions for bulk materials and technical bid evaluations
- Review suppliers’ documents
- Prepare lightning protection system layout drawings
- Preparation of specification for electrical installation and test procedures
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is hiring Materials Technicians to join our team in Detroit Michigan. Our group provides construction materials testing and quality control services to a variety of clients from civil contractors to provincial and federal agencies. Our work spans many sectors including oil & gas, mining, hydro power development, highway infrastructure, municipal infrastructure, and commercial and industrial developments.
This position is fulltime, permanent and offers exciting and valuable opportunities in a fast paced working environment for large scale and complex projects. From time to time, the position may include rotational work both within the state as well as outside Michigan on field projects, typically comprising of two-four weeks in the field. However please note that positions can extend past this timeline. For these projects, mobilization, accommodations and meal cost will be provided or reimbursed.
- Perform field and laboratory testing and inspections for concrete, soils, aggregates, and asphalt in accordance with relevant standards
- Obtaining field samples and conducting Soil and asphalt compaction testing
- Preparation of field compaction reports, laboratory testing reports, and other office assignments
- Ensuring field and laboratory equipment is maintained, repaired, and calibrated as required
- Maintain equipment, inventory and records required for an AASHTO certified laboratory
- Identify and develop new business opportunities
- Adhering to all company safety rules and policies
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Survey Technician to join our team in Nashville, TN. This is technical field and office work assisting in land survey projects. An employee in this class operates various land survey instruments while office duties include a variety of technical and clerical tasks. Applicant will perform assignments under the direction of a supervisor and project technical staff.
- Gathers field survey data through use of conventional and Global Positioning System (GPS) methods; sets up, adjusts, and operates surveying equipment, including electronic total station, data collector, and GPS equipment, in order to measure distances, elevations, and angles; prepares field notes and drawings; performs field surveying for roadway, bridges, railroads, stormwater, industrial facilities, and flood control projects
- Installs surveying construction stakes, tying out existing intersection ties, and locating or establishing vertical and horizontal control, right of way, monuments, corners, boundaries, and property lines
- Helps with the interpretation, and development, of construction drawings and associated computations
- Assumes supervision of the crew in the absence of the party chief
- Prepares sketch drawings from survey data, prepares notes and uses a computer and hand-held scientific calculator
- Performs minor adjustment and calibration of survey instruments and operates electronic measuring devices, (total stations), including electronic field books, (data collectors)
- Enforce safety standards to maintain a safety culture where no accidents occur; Performs work in a safety conscious manner to self and to coworkers and subcontractors
- Performs related work as required
Wood is currently recruiting a StormwaterEngineer with 0 to 3 years of experience. The position will support watershed management, stormwater design, environmental compliance, investigation, and water quality restoration projects in the Tampa, FL office.
The ideal candidate has a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering Sciences from an accredited four-year college or university. Master’s degree is a plus. Statistical analysis, GIS training or knowledge is desired, and experience with hydraulic and hydrologic, and water quality modeling are considered beneficial. Must have experience with data management and technical writing. Must have an Engineering Intern or Engineer-In-Training designation or be able to obtain within 12 months.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Mid-to-Senior Level Hydraulic Modeling / Water Resources Engineer to join our team in Portland, Oregon. This is a growth position for candidates who are interested in working with a team of highly experienced hydrologic / hydrodynamic modeling experts in Pacific Northwest on a broad range of hydrodynamic modeling skills supporting surface water (river, lake, and estuary), sediment transport, constituent, and remediation modeling. This position offers an opportunity to work on Projects throughout the United States and globally while living in the beautiful Pacific Northwest.
Candidate will be responsible for technical execution of water resources modeling for stormwater infrastructure planning and design, and application of 1-D, 2-D, and 3-D complex hydrodynamic modeling tools and programs. Candidates will gain exposure to innovative modeling tools and techniques working with highly skilled modeling team in an open and friendly work environment and expanding these services in the Pacific Northwest and working with Wood offices and our diverse government and private sector external customers nationwide and globally. The ideal candidate for this position is someone who is seeking to grow their career and help to expand our modelling practice. While not required, for employees with the interest and proclivity, we provide training, support and opportunity to develop, practice and improve business development skills.
- Work on complex hydrologic, hydraulic, infrastructure and water resources design and analyses in support of remediation design projects and water infrastructure planning & design
- Perform hydrologic / hydraulic modeling
- Writing technical reports
- Oversee and conduct the collection, management, evaluation and interpretation of data from the natural and built environment
- Design, develop, calibrate, apply and document hydrologic and hydraulic models to analyze river systems, storm water systems, wastewater systems, dams, levees, bridges and culverts
- Prepare technical reports that summarize analysis and recommendations
- Work collaboratively with other departments, environmental regulators, and other Wood offices on project related work
- Coordinate and manage water resources, utility design and/or storm water management projects
- Support business development including existing and new opportunities (see list below)
- Collaborate with project management teams and other discipline leads to manage project deliverables, including quality, schedule and budget
- Support proposal preparation including innovative technical approaches and pricing
- Prepare and perform client presentations
- Support Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Policies, Procedures, Standards and Guidelines in the execution of all work
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Civil Design Engineer with Infrastructure Design skills in our St. Louis, Missouri office.
- Directs technical assignments such as roadway geometrics, storm and sanitary sewer layouts, levee and pump stations, and other infrastructure improvements.
- Prepares and conducts technical review of reports, correspondence, calculations; prepares technical recommendations
- Produces non-routine plans, reports, and specifications
- Identifies and defines scope, technique, price, and schedule
- Prepares, directs, and reviews cost estimates