Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Data Analyst, GIS Specialist to interface with multidisciplinary team to generate and collate data from ORION ScanSortSM and ScanPlotSM radiation detection technologies; create a database from large volumes of field data; generate queries to summarize and analyze the data statistically and spatially; produce data summaries and reports. This is a full-time position based at the Grand Junction, CO Radiological Services & Engineering office.
- Develop and maintain the database environment for the collection and assimilation of large volumes of field data generated from the ORION ScanSortSM and ScanPlotSMsystems
- Create, execute and maintain automated data transfer from remote locations and backup routines
- Use ArcGIS to analyze the data spatially, interpolate the data to identify areas requiring additional investigation and provide this information back to the field team in a timely manner
- Use Microsoft Access (or other appropriate data base) software to query the data to generate summary statistics, perform statistical analysis, and generate standardized reports
- Generate project specific data summaries, reports and Electronic Data Deliverables (EDD)
- Develop visual data representations to effectively communicate data to clients
- Effectively communicates with team members
Wood is currently recruiting a Project Manager with extensive pipeline project engineering experience.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Manages and is responsible for all aspects of the execution of the assigned scope of work for the project. Accountable for meeting HSE, quality, schedule and budget performance goals for assigned scope of work
- Has bottom line responsibility for the financial and technical success of very large onshore pipeline projects
- Responsible for all phases of planning and execution on major (mega) engineering, procurement, and/or construction projects
- Serves as the unifying agent accomplishing direction, coordination, and control of the overall project in accordance with established policies, procedures, systems, and requirements approved by the company
- Builds relationships within the company and with customers, contractors, suppliers, competitors, officials both nationally and internationally
- Acts as senior company representative to the customer, in the community and with contractors
On assigned project(s), plans, organizes and controls company resources and provides leadership, clear direction, and good example to assigned company personnel and craft personnel to achieve customer satisfaction and attainment of schedule, cost, and profit objectives while adhering to safety and quality requirements and company policies. Responsible for planning, coordinating and controlling the day-to-day field operations to achieve the scheduled progress of the work in the assigned areas and for the assigned crafts and subcontractors. A typical scope of responsibility would be Field Superintendent or Area Superintendent.
Essential Job Function:
- Interprets client plans and specifications; becomes familiar with project and local labor agreements.
- Reviews and becomes familiar with the schedule of the work. Plans and tracks work to ensure efficient use of resources.
- Communicates any deviations and accounts for them properly.
- Becomes familiar with the site safety plan and project safety requirements. Ensures all activities are done safely.
- Reviews and becomes familiar with the site quality plan and project quality requirements.
- Ensures that assigned personnel do not make changes or alterations to the work without proper written instruction.
- Manages and controls rental equipment use, and ensures proper care of the company tools and equipment.
- Ensures through field presence and observation that the work is being completed in accord with plans and specifications; documents all daily activity.
Essential Job Functions Under Certain Circumstances:
- May lead a group of subordinate superintendents.
- Advises management of any issues that arise (regarding employee relations, safety and quality).
- Writes progress reports to be submitted to the client and company management.
- Understands union jurisdiction issues and prevents grievances.
- Performs the duties and responsibilities of Construction Manager when requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc. is seeking motivated individuals interested in working for a company with opportunities in civil or environmental engineering.
- Exercises independent professional judgment subject to review by more senior staff
- Field work including soil, soil vapor, surface water, and groundwater sampling, construction observation, hands-on operating and maintenance of remediation systems
- Understands, applies, and oversees safety requirements in field
- Geologic/hydrogeologic/engineering data analysis and interpretation to draw conclusions and provide recommendations based on the data
- Preparation of technical reports
- Well organized and exhibit ability to manage time and priorities needed to meet multiple project budgets and schedules as directed by project managers
- Meets with client representatives at the direction of more senior personnel and conducts self in a manner compatible with the Company's professional standards
- Other duties as assigned
The Phoenix office of Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc. seeks a self-motivated and experienced Structural Drafter-Designer. The successful candidate will work closely with engineers to create, update, and revise construction drawings of structural systems. Project work will include to create sketches and computerized designs of structural skids and supports, of walls and buildings, steel framing, reinforced concrete, and various related details.
- Modeling, detailing, documenting and verifying structural drawings, or complete related assemblies
- Ability to create 3-D models, depicting relationship of component and parts; identifying dimensions, design requirements, tolerances and materials
- Preparing Drawing Bills of Materials
- Analyzing the effect of proposed changes for proper fit and/or interference problems
- Recommending workable solutions or alternate construction and modifying drawings as required
- Requires use of computers, proficient using 3-D CAD design; proficient using complete Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, etc.), proficient with email system, Microsoft Outlook preferred; strong creative ability to design and develop mechanical, structural, electrical, electronic equipment
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions has a career opportunity for a Water/Wastewater Engineer to join our team in Phoenix, AZ. Primary focus for project work will be the development of engineering studies, design reports, construction documents, and construction oversight/administration related to water/wastewater infrastructure in the municipal and industrial markets. We have a talented staff and work in a friendly, flexible, positive, collaborative environment.
Provide engineering services in support of planning, studies, analysis, and design of water treatment and distribution systems, as well as wastewater collection and treatment systems, which may include pump/lift stations, chemical feed systems, and storage reservoirs.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Mechanical Quality Control Inspector for the North Slope. Qualified candidate esponsible for performing inspections and verifications in accordance with BP Alaska requirements and Wood Management System. This position ensures quality control standards in the execution of fabrication and construction activities.
- Perform and document inspections and conduct subcontractor audits as required
- Review applicable standards and codes to establish quality requirements and verify acceptance of finished products
- Evaluate and monitor mechanical, piping, and welding processes and performance to ensure compliance with BP Alaska requirements and Wood quality standards
- Analyze and interpret isometric drawings, plan drawings, piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs), and BP Alaska specifications
- Ensure all deliverables conform to drawings and specifications
- Perform civil, structural, and architectural inspections as required
- Investigate and address customer requests regarding quality
- Implement quality control procedures and document control processes as required
- Perform in-house audits on document control and material handling processes.
- Interface with project management and procurement to communicate quality or supplier issues
- Ensure all deliverables are operational, complete, and ready for turnover to the customer
- Comply with Company and customer policies and procedures
- Support the Wood zero-incident safety culture and assume personal accountability and responsibility for safe work practices in all projects, activities, and operations
Wood is currently seeking a Senior Project Controls Specialist to support our Pipelines Group that performs construction projects for pipelines. This position will provide project planning, scheduling, cost tracking, and project financial support for these projects.
Primary duties will be preparing and maintaining project schedules, tracking cost, performing earned value analysis, working with project managers to prepare estimate to complete, and other project controls related activities. Other duties may include assisting in the preparation and revision of corporate project controls and project management procedures.
Job Location: Loveland, CO
- Utilize project management systems to update and manage project budgets, commitments, expenditures and forecasts
- Developing WBS and project coding structures using Primavera software
- Developing and maintaining cost loaded schedules for both design and construction related projects
- Conduct project performance analysis using earned value techniques
- Support reporting requirements for invoice submittals and monthly status reports
- Maintain project budget and forecast spending plans
- Downloading and analyzing project expenditures, commitments, and invoicing data
- Provide proposal support to include schedules, reports, cost analysis, and other Primavera supporting functions
- Utilize in house proprietary project controls software and applications
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is looking for a Senior Associate Environmental Remediation Engineer in our Oakland, California office with experience in consulting, selling, managing, designing and implementing environmental multi-media remediation programs for a variety of clients in the Industrial, Government, Energy, Oil & Gas and Transportation sectors.
We are looking for a candidate who is excited and motivated about the opportunity to help expand our environmental consulting business in California and the West. Wood’s Oakland office provides a broad range of services in engineering and environmental sciences including environmental assessment and remediation, water/wastewater engineering, water resources, environmental compliance, geotechnical design, stormwater infrastructure design, materials testing, and decision analysis.
- Lead/Perform Business Development within the Oil & Gas and Industrial/Commercial Sectors for environmental remediation, engineering and related services
- Perform design, oversight, mentorship and direct the efforts of staff- and project-level engineers
- Lead preparation of technical reports and proposals
- Successfully interact with Office Manager, Sector Lead, other Principal and Senior-level employees in the office and firm-wide
- Manage multiple projects, being responsible for ensuring that deliverables, schedules and budgets are achieved
- Travel to project(s) as needed, for the execution of project goals and business development
- Meet sales, revenue and delivery goals
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is looking for a Senior Construction Manager to join our Oakland, CA team to manage a series of large remediation construction projects in Southern California. The Construction Manager has full responsibility for pre-construction as well as construction tasks including construction safety, scheduling, staffing and closeout of assigned projects.
- Establish a safety-first culture for all construction projects
- Review specifications and other construction documents for constructability, site access and recommend changes to maximize the ultimate success of the project
- Chair preconstruction meeting and weekly construction progress meetings
- Resolve unforeseen site conditions, unplanned interferences, contract discrepancies and other construction conflict problems and disputes between contractors, site staff, inspectors and the client
- Monitor construction progress and costs and take corrective action as required to manage both schedule and budget
- Provide continuous coordination between all stakeholders
- Administer the change order and allowance process, review requests for schedule or cost adjustment and negotiate changes to the contract and prepare change order documents for approval
- Evaluate, approve, and process the contractors request for payment
- Maintain/manage project documentation files with assistance from project controls group
- Will be on site to observe construction work in progress
- Provide guidance and direction as needed to the on-site CM staff
- Respond to questions and concerns as well as ensure that all complaints from the client and the stakeholders are handled promptly and properly
- Manage the project close out phase including certificate of substantial completion, punch list and receipt of as-builts, warrantees and manuals
- Use word processing, spreadsheet, database and scheduling software applications to prepare correspondence, reports, schedule and other documents related to the project.
- Provide continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline processes and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality / seamless client service
Wood is currently recruiting for an Administrative Assistant III with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
Wood Environmental & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a motivated, Entry-Level Environmental Scientist to join our growing environmental consulting office in Chelmsford, MA. Position provides an opportunity for growth, including report preparation, development of regulatory knowledge and other tasks as qualified. The Chelmsford office includes a multi-disciplinary environmental consulting team with approximately 80 professionals including engineers, scientists, risk assessors, environmental permitting, designers, and support staff.
The position is predominately field support and will include assisting with all aspects of environmental and remedial investigations of hazardous waste sites, including but not limited to data collection, subcontractor oversight, permitting, and health & safety compliance.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Regional Compliance Counsel with extensive experience in Ethics and Compliance. A specialist advisory role, leading the business ethics and compliance program in the west region. The role will have key business partnering responsibility at senior leadership level in the region ensuring ethics and compliance issues in the region are identified and managed. The role is responsible for the delivery of the global ethics and compliance plan in their area of responsibility.
To provide foundational compliance guidance and direction to all Wood activities, and to drive the deepening of an ethical culture in the region and globally. To form a critical component of the Group Ethics and Compliance team, providing technical expertise and leadership in key areas for the whole function.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Lead and implement the Wood business ethics and compliance program throughout the region
- Identify and foster key relationships at all levels of the region, across business units, to maximize the penetration of the ethics and compliance program
- Lead business improvement activities throughout the region, in accordance with the findings of a robust ethics and compliance risk assessment program
- Foster key relationships in other Group functions to process-map and provide oversight of functional compliance activities (i.e. P&O, HSSE, Finance, S&D, etc.)
- Develop and deliver appropriate ethics and compliance training (both online and in-person) in the region, and globally as needed, and identify appropriate target audiences within the region
- Oversee and monitor all third party business partners (including commercial intermediaries and JV partners) in the region, and develop business understanding of process requirements
- Carry out anti-bribery due diligence for M&A transactions in the region, and manage the subsequent ethics & compliance integration of all completed acquisitions in the region
- Oversee trade compliance and sanctions policies and procedures and provide guidance in the region
- Oversee gifts and entertainment policies and procedures and provide guidance in the region
- Develop the investigations capability, and carry out ethics and compliance investigations in the region
- Create and launch additional global policies and procedures as necessary
- Support the development of the Wood business ethics intranet
- Monitor external developments in relation to new legislation and enforcement
- Deputize for the Investigations and Compliance Director when required due to absence or unavailability
- Support the Data Privacy Officer’s efforts to ensure compliance with Wood’s data privacy program in the region
- Lead by personal example and encourage all employees to conduct their activities in accordance with all applicable laws and Wood’s standards and policies
- Regional Management teams, Board SABE, the Global Business Ethics Committee (or its equivalent), Group Legal – specifically legal counsel in the region and the Group General Counsel, Group Internal Audit, Group Treasury, Group M&A, Group P&O in the region, Corporate Communications Team
- External Counsel representatives (i.e. external law firms), Governmental authorities across the region (e.g. US Department of Justice, US Securities and Exchange Commission), third party providers, Compliance Counsel and CECO in peer companies
Level of Influence & Decision Making Authority:
- This role is expected to make autonomous decisions relating to all ethics and compliance matters in their area of responsibility and within legislative frameworks and company policy. More complex matters are referred. This role is required to influence at regional senior leadership level, and with Group Functions’ regional representation
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc., is currently seeking a motivated team player to fulfill the role of Senior Transportation Engineer. The position will be based in our Chicago, IL office.
Wood Chicago is a leader in the Transportation industry, serving federal, state, and local DOT's. Wood has key contracts in place and a strong project portfolio presenting opportunities for rapid expansion of this practice. The Chicago Transportation Engineering team also supports other offices throughout North America, working not only on Transportation projects, but other related disciplines as well. These projects include significant design-build opportunities, as well as traditional design-bid-build designs. We are looking for an experienced Roadway Design Engineer who can work within a design team, An Illinois Professional Engineer’s license is required.
Our team is known for innovation and outstanding customer service and will continue to build on these values. This is a unique opportunity offering technical challenges, project leadership and potential for growth within a large, diverse, and dynamic firm offering solutions to local and international clients.
- Responsible for performing roadway or highway design tasks for projects of moderate to large size and complexity under the supervision and guidance of highly qualified senior transportation engineers
- Technical assignments may include roadway and highway geometrics, drainage system design, traffic analysis and design, barrier warrant analyses, maintenance of traffic, municipal engineering, general civil/site development and other related tasks.
- Designs will be performed primarily with the use of MicroStation software with knowledge and ability to prepare Open Roads 3-D modelling tasks
- Additional assignments will include preparing specifications, completing quantity take-offs, and checking design computations
- Must demonstrate the willingness and ability to work collaboratively and communicate as part of a diverse design team
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions has an opportunity for a friendly Administrative Assistant/Accounting Support Specialist to support our engineering consulting team in Laramie, WY.
This is a benefitted regular part-time position working 30 hours per week.
- Routine contact with employees, clients, subcontractors and vendors
- Accurately tracks invoices for projects
- Maintains files and records for projects, invoices, correspondence, etc.
- Accurately enters and tracks purchase requisitions for project-related goods and services using BST Procurement Module
- Processes subcontractor and vendor invoices and check requests into the accounting system using ImageNow
- Prepares time/expense and unit corrections as needed
- Monitor financials for projects managed by the Laramie office (WIP, AR, billing, variances, etc.)
- Assist with updating weekly utilization reports, including forecasted subcontractor revenue and project variances
- Billing reconciliation of purchasing statements and invoices
- Oversees office-wide ordering/purchasing of supplies, equipment, vending and marketing merchandise
- Responsible for office facilities maintenance including contacting/ascertaining contractors and communicating with building management/maintenance
- Other duties to include mail, shipping, copying, report collating, binding and filing
- Researches and resolves routine administrative and staff functional support issues as they arise
Wood is currently recruiting for a Project Controls Specialist with experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
- Work with project teams to develop, baseline, and analyze project schedule, budget, and progress
- Perform scheduling functions such as preparing logic-driven, resource-loaded schedule reports, critical path analysis and resource usage
- Utilize project management systems to update and manage project budgets, commitments, expenditures and forecasts
- Coordinate Oracle project setup with the Project Managers and prepare project gross margin analysis
- Produce cost reports and utilize basic cost control techniques to report on project overall performance
- Be able to focus on task optimization and be a strategic thinker to identify the key deliverables required in position
- Provide assistance in other areas of the department whenever possible that may include tasks outside of area of expertise
- Strong attention to detail and excellent verbal / written communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills
U.S. Only: Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Category Manager- Fleet and Rental Equipment based in the Houston, TX office.
*U.S. Only- Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
Define, manage, and implement procurement strategies for Fleet Management and Rental Equipment. Provide direct analytical support through cost, price, and TCO modeling. Manage cross-functional business relationships in the development and implementation of collaborative procurement strategies, end to end contracting, performance management, and continuous improvement. Work as the primary change agent and supplier relationship manager for improving Safety, Delivery and Cost in the Fleet and Rental Equipment Categories.
- Create, implement, and manage a Strategic Sourcing Plan for the Fleet and Rental Equipment categories in order to achieve the best commercial position.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop supplier and commodity plans which support projects and service lines in the creation of added value to the company.
- Lead contract strategies, negotiations, and supplier selection for assigned commodities and services.
- Regularly review category strategies and enhance effectiveness of existing strategies and/or develop new strategies in response to evolving market factors and requirements.
- Drive supplier rationalization, standardization, and cost reduction opportunities.
- Lead supplier relationship management activities for respective category.
- Work with project and supply chain personnel to ensure safe and timely delivery of quality products and services which satisfy all requirements.
- Support the business (pre and post award) with contract risk management expertise and ensure compliance between business unit and suppliers.
- Identify supplier risk for respective category and develop mitigation plans to alleviate potential loss to the business.
- Monitor and ensure fleet operations are in compliance with local and state rules and regulations; provide recommendations for compliance.
- Manage the organization and monitoring of fleet maintenance and registration programs.
- Manage the telematics platform, including vehicle assignment, and flag concerns.
- Create, deliver and analyze metric reports related to operational costs, preventative maintenance and scheduling, aging, vehicle availability and incident claims; recommend policy changes.
- Perform proper fleet vehicle disposal and release to auction process.
- Manage operational needs of drivers (e.g., fuel cards, fuel pin assignments, etc.).
- Participate in fleet specification and selection process
- Assist in vehicle physical inventory counts
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE ANDSKILLS
- Ability to identify root causes to issues and proactively resolving problems, leveraging cross-functional business partnerships.
- Ability to draw insight from analysis, and to effectively summarize and present insight based on the needs of the audience.
- Knowledge of associated fleet items; fuel programs, vehicle parameters, tagging, etc.
- Ability to plan and organize functions and activities related to the procurement, servicing, operation, maintenance and repair of company fleet.
- Ability to conduct independent market intelligence.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Business and financial acumen.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Proficient with Excel and MS Office Suite.
- Ability to communicate persuasively with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to cultivate relationships with key business partners & executives.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Electrical Designer in the oil and gas, downstream & chemicals industry. This professional will work in Corpus Christi, and initially serve as the electrical point of contact in a satellite office.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Functions in a primary design role, providing drawing and deliverable development to accomplish overall project objectives
- Performs tasks with competency and extensive knowledge of standard techniques, procedures and design criteria. Maintaining Budget, Schedule and adherence to the project scope of work
- Create CADD designs/drawings from Engineering and Design sketches, mark-ups, go-bys and verbal instruction. Coordinate with other discipline designers to ensure verbally received information is communicated and clearly understood
- Develop complete drawing and deliverable packages on each electrical system including One-Line Diagrams, Control Schematics, Interconnect Wiring Diagrams, Plans, Details, Cable Schedules and Various spreadsheets
- Assure drawings are compatible and aligned with project and client requirements
- Apply working knowledge of applicable electrical codes and regulations including NEC, API, IEC, etc.
- Participate in all available technical training while continuously improving technical skill sets
- Minimum of 7 years of experience estimating large civil construction projects
- Understands all aspects of estimating, including take-offs, unit pricing, buy-outs, and preparing scopes and bid
- Must understand and follow specifications and blueprints
- Review of and development of discipline and multidiscipline material takeoffs (MTO), evaluation and/or development of construction labor rates and evaluation of subcontract cost estimates and proposals
- Send requests or call notes from subcontractor and material suppliers
- Perform productivity analysis of cost estimates, prepare contingency, escalation and reconciliation for estimates
- Prepare comparisons of scope, quantities and cost data between projects
- Reviewes estimates and revisions for completeness and accuracy
- Informs Estimating and Operations teams of any observed inaccuracies or omissions in quoted items or database
- Negotiate, clarify and answer questions/concerns with our Clients
- Develops and maintains resource information on vendors, subcontractors, government requirements, etc.
- Plan and attend post job reviewes with Operations and Estimating team
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Geotechnical & Materials Engineer to join our Nashville team and serve as a seller-doer project manager in our local geotechnical and construction inspection/materials testing practice. The selected candidate’s responsibilities will include overseeing geotechnical and construction inspection/materials testing projects, preparing and reviewing reports, preparing proposals for geotechnical engineering services.
Additionally, the selected candidate will be expected to generate new business for the team and have demonstrated success in the local market. The position requires strong leadership, technical and interpersonal skills, and frequent interaction with a diverse group of both public and private sector clients, as well as, internal rapport throughout all levels of the organization.
- Performs in a seller-doer capacity having responsibility for achieving key metrics for themselves and their team (such as utilization, profitability, and sales)
- Responsible for the identification of new clients and/or developing additional work within an existing project or with an existing client
- Assumes full management responsibility and accountability for relevant projects under their purview, including the development of project scope/strategy with more senior personnel; development of realistic project budgets and is accountable for them; and production of consistent, timely, and high-quality deliverables
- Develops and carries out business development efforts within the geographic area to increase backlog and market share
- Support the department in the management of staffing and workload
- Acts as company liaison with internal and external clients
- May travel periodically to project sites
- Performs other related duties as assigned