Wood is currently recruiting a System Process Control Specialist with experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
Will be responsible for the design, programming and configuring of control systems and the preparation of drawings and specifications related to these systems. Duties include:
- Participate in development and review of P&IDs
- Develop automation specifications
- Develop distributed control systems (DCS) configurations and programmable logic controllers (PLC) programming databases
- Prepare control panel rack, DCS, PLC, computer system and advanced control specifications, and drawings
- Assist in the preparation and checking of loop and installation drawings for instrumentation controls and other instrumentation control drawings to applicable codes and standards
- Participate in vendors lists development, prepare requisitions, technical bid tabulations, make purchase recommendations, and review and approve vendor extra charges for equipment and material within their jurisdiction
- Provide Purchasing with technical clarifications to be sent to Bidders during bid evaluations
- Be responsible for all technical changes made after purchase, including issuance of requisition revisions and change order information to Purchasing in a timely manner
- Follow the status of vendor data in detail and be responsible for receipt of vendor data in sufficient time to perform the designs
- Ensure that vendors comply with requests for changes and so indicate on their revised drawings
- Monitor fabrication progress and maintain communications with vendors to assure on-time shipment
- Make shop inspections of control panels, racks, DCSs, PLCs, and selected packaged systems as requested by the Project Manager
- Make field checkouts and punch lists as requested by the Project Manager
- Update data sheets as required to reflect as-built condition
Wood is currently sourcing a Project Manager to support our client based in Deer Park, Texas.
At this time, we will only consider applications from (US) citizens or those with the required permit/VISA for this region, in place.
Wood is currently recruiting for an experienced Commissioning & Start up Lead Automation & Instrumentation Engineer to support Mexico Office.
- Leading the team in resolving instrument, control & electrical technical issues
- Managing staff team to ensure on time deliverables
- Coordinating the efforts of the Sub-Contractor(s) in his area of specialty, ensuring that the Contractor performs diligently all his obligations under the contract (quality, schedule and cost)
- Quality Assurance/ Control maintaining logs and verifying all items are correct prior to pre-inspection
- Initiating the participation of the various internal areas / groups, ensuring that input to the Contractor(s) is adequate and timely, and in accordance with the roles & responsibilities
- Providing direction on Automation scope and requirements to the suppliers based on specifications included in the procurement agreement
- Complying with the completed inspection report in a timely manner
- Providing technical assistance during construction, pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up
- Communicating issues, questions, or concerns to supervisors and implementing contractor
- Ensuring that the manpower, equipment, tools, materials and design necessary to support your schedule will be available
Wood is currently recruiting for a Corporate Accounting Manager. The Corporate Accounting Manager ensures completeness and accuracy of Company’s financial accounts and drives the development and implementation of best practices for the General Ledger, Fixed Assets, and Intercompany responsibilities. Key reponsibilities include:
- Month end close, including analytical review, in a timely and effective manner for all Oracle trial balances
- Reviewing balance sheet reconciliations and determining action plans to resolve reconciling differences, clearing of aged balances, etc.
- Researching/analyzing inconsistencies in treatment and areas of improvement to determine and implement best practices across the organizations
- Supporting Finance VPs and their teams, providing pertinent information in a customer oriented manner
- Coordinating audit activities with internal and external audit teams
- Providing centralized accounting functions for the business, including but not limited to health benefits, fixed assets& intangibles, real estate accounting, etc.
- Managing the intercompany accounting processes and associated internal billings for dispersed costs (e.g. insurance, IT, legal, etc.)
- Overseeing the timely analysis and reporting of payroll burdens across the supported businesses
- Managing the integration of Corporate Accounting functions for current and future Oracle implementations
Wood está buscando cubrir la posición de Accountant Trainee para la oficina de Ciudad de México, para desarrollar las siguientes funciones de apoyo:
- Registrar los comprobantes en el sistema contable imputándolos correctamente según el centro de costo indicado por el responsable
- Emitir balances mensuales y liquidar obligaciones impositivas. Conciliar las cuentas de proveedores y de clientes
- Emitir información para los balances anuales coordinándose con el estudio contable
- Emitir información para los balances anuales consolidados. Controlar los viáticos y realiza su debida imputación a los proyectos
- Realizar soporte al área SGP brindando la información de gestión solicitada. Realizar el seguimiento a los clientes para cobrar las facturas en el tiempo estipulado en las condiciones contractuales
- Informar los pagos a realizar a los proveedores al Treasurer para que coordine las finanzas de la organización
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Senior Finance Manager to join our team in Denver, CO.
Are you a Senior Finance Manager who enjoys the challenge of supporting operations and managing a collaborative team? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee’s enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career. We’d love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and the opportunity to make a difference.
The Group Finance Manager / Controller is the financial representative to each region. The position requires partnership with operations and with finance. The ultimate responsibility of the role is to provide strategic financial support and planning to the regional operations, and to ensure that financial issues in each region are highlighted and addressed in a timely fashion. This position reports directly to the CFO, and to the Group President (Operations).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Be a business partner with the Group President and VP Region Managers by providing strategic financial/accounting support to help run the group effectively and efficiently
- Provide oversight and management to the group project accounting function - This includes ensuring that functions such as billing, revenue recognition, WIP cleanup continue to function smoothly
- Work closely with the group Project Accounting Managers, provide financial and management reporting as well as financial analysis of the group and the business units within the group on a monthly and quarterly basis - This includes comparing the performance with operating plans and standards and interpreting and communicating results of operations to management team
- Responsible for ensuring staff development (annual review processes, work with project accounting managers to provide opportunities to staff where possible)
- Analyze and trend variances in the financial results
- Interact with group leadership teams to develop accurate financial forecasts and the necessary supporting documentation/justification
- Work closely with operations to ensure group A/R and WIP is being monitored and corrective action is taken as necessary
- Direct preparation of budgets, including the review of budget proposals and preparation of necessary supporting documentation and justification
- Conduct financial reviews of on-going projects within the group; work closely with group Project Accounting Managers to understand project status and performance on all significant projects in the group
- Be responsible for timely (monthly) and accurate preparation of End-Life-Forecasts where necessary - This will be done in conjunction with Group President, Region Managers, Project Managers and the finance group
- Responsible for the preparation of regional control self-assessments for internal audit - Also responsible for monitoring and reporting on progress in any areas deemed to be deficient
- Review terms and conditions of significant proposals/contracts to ensure that the company’s interest is maintained
- Provide support for pricing pursuits and attend contract negotiations where appropriate
- Perform various special projects as requested by management
- Responsible for managing response to internal audits and client audits - Provide support on internal audits and annual financial audits
- Will travel occasionally within the US - Approximately 20% overnight travel
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking an Senior Environmental Geologist to join our team in Portland, Maine. The successful applicant will possess an understanding of approaches, methods and regulatory requirements in planning and implementing successful scientific studies and remedial actions at environmentally impacted sites under federal (RCRA / CERCLA), and state specific regulatory programs. The employee will be expected to travel to sites primarily in New England and New York States.
- Performs or oversees field exploration, inspection, testing, and analyses using equipment and instrumentation
- Prepares site investigation documents including work plans, data summaries, calculations, tables, figures, charts, drawings and report text
- Will make decisions independently and receive supervision and guidance largely on overall objectives and results
- Directs and supervises technical assignments (both field and office) and manages specific elements of projects
- Prepares proposals with limited supervision; assists in preparation of large-scale proposals
Wood is currently recruiting for a Subsea Campaign Project Manager with experience in the oil and gas industry for Equatorial Guinea in West Africa. This will be a 10/3 rotation working 6 days a week.
The Subsea Campaign Project Manager is a temporary assignment within the Asset Integrity Group and is responsible for supporting daily subsea inspection activities offshore and onshore from planning to the execution phase.
- Coordinate internal resources and 3rd party/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Support the company in selecting Subsea Contractor for work execution and set expectations
- Implement pre-planning activities including liaise with the selected vendor for mobilization and demobilization of equipment and personnel
- Visit Subsea Contractor facilities (diving support vessel, remote operated vehicle, driver certifications) and evaluate the capabilities for meeting project deliverable safely, under budget and on time
- Review, check and approve all contracted diving personnel and ROV certifications
- Liaise with the Company representative to review all procedures (ROV, hose and Pipe End Manifold valves replacement and diving inspection) provided by the subsea contractor
- Evaluate the Diving Support Vessel and the ROVs suitability for the scope in hand
- Evaluate divers’ qualifications and suitability to perform the diving work
- Attend project conferences and meeting either remotely or onsite as required to maintain proficiency
- Review documentations (drawings, P&ID, previous subsea campaign reports and history) related to the facilities to be inspected (platforms, subsea pipelines, Berth I and II subsea structures, etc.)
- Material purchase and procurement review with the Company’s representative
- Ensure that adequate level of materials and spare are on board on vessel to maintain efficient and uninterrupted work during hose and PLEM valves change out
- Be On-board the vessel with the Company’s representative during the execution phase of the project
- Direct supervision, monitoring and auditing of contractor activities during the executing underwater diving inspections, ROV inspection and hose and Pipeline Eng Manifold valves change out.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Fulfil any other Company’s specific requirements including but not limited to participation in project meetings, conferences, job site visits, etc.
Wood's Solar/Wind/Renewables group is currently seeking a Solar & StorageProcess Engineer to join our team in San Francisco, CA. The ideal candidate will have experience in PV Design and/or Plant Predict (by First Solar) as well as holistic solar component/application experience while working with our greenfield and brownfield construction teams. This position will be primarily based in our offices in Tucker, GA (Atlanta) with at least 50% travels to project sites.
- Utility scale photovoltaic (PV) solar electrical design, equipment selection, energy modeling, and optimization to yield high-performing, cost-competitive systems
- Utility scale Battery Energy storage design, modeling, optimization, and use case analysis
- Research and shortlist new PV equipment and energy storage technologies that will increase value to our clients
- Create software tools to enable Estimating team to quickly and accurately quantify construction costs
- Use modeling software such as PVsyst to create highly accurate production estimates
- Draw upon technical and industry experience to characterize losses due to equipment behavior and environmental effects
- Use or create software tools to optimize solar and storage designs for energy yield and project value
- Create site-specific solar building blocks and layouts for proposals and to drive detailed Engineering activities
- Use internal tools and industry standards to optimize project designs for constraints such as scope, schedule, budget and geography
- Perform calculations for losses, conductor sizing, equipment rating, fusing and protection consistent with NEC, ANSI, IEC and UL
- Support troubleshooting and resolution of project engineering, construction and performance issues, where applicable
- Develop processes to streamline technical inputs to bid operations
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or closely related technical field
- Leverage your experience within the Solar/Wind/Renewables sector
- Support project turnover and Performance Testing of new facilities
- Performance Guarantee validation and ongoing support
Wood Automation and Controls is currently recruiting for an Electrical Control Intern to join our team. This is an opportunity to work in a global organization with an industry-leading position and to be involved in projects both locally, and around the world. We are seeking a dynamic individual, who is motivated and eager to learn.
- Procedures and Instructions
- Read and Design Basic Electrical Circuits
- Write Mod Box Material EBMs
- Write Panel Material EBMs
- Performs related duties as required by company QOS Policies
- Enter Logic for PLC's
- Smart Displays, and Enter Descriptions
- Assist in Installation
- Debug with Engineering Support
- Gather Baseline Data per Spec
Wood's Knoxville team is growing and we have opportunities for a Construction Special Inspector to perform construction inspections and materials testing for commercial, industrial, education, healthcare and transportation projects. We have opportunities for experienced inspectors with ICC, ACI, PCI, CWI, TNDOT and other certifications. We also have opportunities for motivated individuals without construction inspection or testing experience looking to start a career.
- Under general supervision, perform field inspections, observations and/or testing of construction activities to ensure compliance with project plans, approved shop/working drawings, project documents and specifications in accordance with established procedures
- Read and interpret construction documents including, but not limited to, drawings, specifications, standards, codes and shopping drawings
- Prepare and submit accurate, legible, comprehensive and complete inspection reports and/or testing records on a daily basis in accordance with established quality procedures
- Perform analysis of data to verify accuracy before communication and submittal to the Supervisor
- Document, track and communicate of construction non-conformance
- Under general supervision and direction, interact with clients and other site personnel provide input on appropriate resolution of issues and findings
- Coordinate pre-dispatch activities with Project, Department, and/or Office Managers
- Assist more senior inspectors on large, complex projects
- Perform field testing and sampling of construction materials and completed work using standard methods established by AASHTO, ASTM, TNDOT or other agency with appropriate, properly calibrated testing equipment
- Maintains assigned equipment and related calibration
- Follows safety rules and practices and other safety requirements for all projects; Performs pre-task planning prior to executing work; Report any safety issues or concerns to management
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently recruiting for a Technical Professional 1-Civil Engineering to join our dynamic team supporting projects and marketing new clients in our engineering services group.
- Performs engineering tasks for variance projects
- Assists with marketing efforts to bring in new projects and clients to support the construction services staff
- Provides support for all aspects of project management for projects of broad scope and impact, including compliance with company policies, definition of scope of work, establishment of budgets and schedules, control of project costs, compliance with schedule, timely payment for the work, and assurance of overall client satisfaction
- Engineering calculations
- Ensures project quality control activities are in place and adhered to
- Assists with development and review of proposals, reports, client contracts and subcontracts in accordance with company policy
- Provides project-level technical expertise
- Interfaces with clients for assigned projects; communicates with clients on an ongoing basis; responds effectively to meets clients' needs
- Reports, managing a document control system, tallying monthly project data, aiding accounting with creation of invoices, aiding Project Managers with putting together proposals and reports requiring advance MS Word proficiency
- Track and calculate various branch financial statistics
- Process administrative tasks for branch employees
- Process project documentation/records
- Track branch deliverables and timeliness
Wood is currently recruiting for a Project Quality Lead to support our team in Houston, TX. The Project Quality Lead will report to the VP of HSSEA, and ensure Wood’s quality policies and practices are adopted, and that all Quality Management System documentation is kept up-to-date.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the Oil & Gas / Petrochemical industry, specifically in the quality of manufactured equipment. This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in helping control business related risks in a global organisation, and interface with internal and external stakeholders on a variety of projects.
- Uses expert knowledge and skills in order to generate and promote a positive Quality culture.
- Responsible for ensuring all Quality Management System documentation is kept up-to-date and for ensuring policies and practices are adopted
- Helps to plan, implement, monitor and review all aspects of the Quality Management Systems
- Ensures that the Wood Management System certification remains operational
- Supports the organisation’s aim to avoid operational losses, minimise brand protection issues and to assure continued process capability to its clients
- Develop, maintain and update as required the project team's Projects Quality Plan (PQP) or program
- Develop, maintain and update as required all quality related templates, process flow charts, work instructions, etc. for the project teams
- Oversee the fabrication, testing, inspection and monitoring subsea equipment to ensure client and industry standards are met
- Ensure Quality performance databases in accordance with company requirements
- Ensure effective system, supplier and office-based audits, effective close out of audit findings, audit reports and proper corrective and preventive actions, through Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Keep up to date with new developments and maintain a working knowledge of the latest Quality related techniques and any quality developments that affect Wood’s professional environment
Wood is currently seeking an Assistant Project Manager, with Oil & Gas facilities construction experience, for our Seminole, TX office. This position is based out of our Seminole TX or Midland, TX office, but it will require regular and/or frequent travel to project sites.
The Assistant Project Manager is accountable for the supporting the Project Manager in the planning and execution of the project to achieve the client’s project objectives. This includes developing, project management documentation and maintaining project information, controls and records. The role also involves a focus high quality delivery and promoting health and safety excellence. This role is responsible for supporting the delivery of limited-complexity projects involving multidisciplinary teams.
- Working with the Project Manager to Prepare and maintain definitions of the requirements of projects or project workstreams
- Developing the plans and strategies to successfully delivery the project objectives
- Supporting the development of contracts for the provision of goods and/or services, monitoring compliance and managing variances
- Maintaining governance arrangements for the delivery of projects that align with organisational practice
- Planning and controlling the delivery of work packages within the project.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Project Manager- Heavy Civils. The ideal candidate would have new build industrial construction sector experience. This role will be based in the Nashville, TN metro area.
The Project Manager is accountable for the planning and execution of the project to achieve the client’s project objectives. This includes developing, project management documentation and maintaining project information, controls and records. The role also involves a focus high quality delivery and promoting health and safety excellence. This role is responsible for supporting the delivery of limited-complexity projects involving multidisciplinary teams, specifically, Heavy Civil projects/deliverables.
- Working to Prepare and maintain definitions of the requirements of projects or project workstreams.
- Developing the plans and strategies to successfully delivery the project objectives
- Supporting the development of contracts for the provision of goods and/or services, monitoring compliance and managing variances
- Maintaining governance arrangements for the delivery of projects that align with organizational practice
- Planning and controlling the delivery of work packages within the project.
Wood is seeking to fill a position for Estimator with the Heavy Civils Division in the Southeast.
- Ideal candidate would be responsible for working with Owner's, Developer's, GC's, and potential Client's to understand their projects and needs in preparing a proper propsal for future work.
- Ideal candidate would need to be able to read and understand plans and specifications, contractual documents and Requests for Bids.
- Ideal candidate would need to be able to perform quantity takeoffs, prepare bid documents, obtain pricing from vendors and subcontractors, and evaulate the work to be priced.
Wood is currently hiring a Recruiter (Contract) to support the recruitment effort for corporate function roles in the Americas. This position will be based in our corporate office in Houston, Texas
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship is required.
The role will have responsibility for the full recruitment life cycle for our corporate function roles in the Americas, including talent planning, sourcing, engagement, screening, assessment and hiring the most suitable candidates within appropriate cost and timescales. The individual will serve as a trusted advisor to hiring managers, business leaders and candidates. This position will have daily interaction with Hiring Managers to ensure effective delivery of resources against open vacancies. The successful candidate will deliver an ethical and customer focused resourcing service
Role Essential Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for managing resourcing delivery for a function/specialism/business area, working with Hiring Managers to fulfil current and future resource requirements
- Attend relevant resource meetings with stakeholders to provide updates on vacancy progress, discuss assessment outcomes and obtain resourcing lookahead
- High and effective utilization of available talent attraction and engagement tools to identify relevant candidates
- Actively and professionally promotes vacancies and employer brand to relevant audience via available media channels
- Accurately match candidate skills with role requirements, taking initiative to explore areas of importance or relevance with Hiring Managers and Candidates
- Identify and recommend most effective assessment method for role/specialism and effectively utilize tools available
- Guide Hiring Managers through a structured interview process, ensuring adherence to legal and ethical obligations throughout candidate assessments
- Strong influencer, ability to influence candidates throughout the hiring process to promote a successful outcome, pre-empting and acting on candidate hesitation or queries
- Maintain open and proactive lines of candidate communication, ensuring a positive candidate experience for all, regardless of the outcome of their application
- Provides timely and detailed feedback to candidates at every stage of their application, particularly following an interview
- Confidently make offers of employment and coordinate negotiation process between the candidate and business. Interface with P&O on contractual queries and coordinate response
- Collate relevant market data to support talent planning initiatives and process (candidate availability, rate information, candidate mobility etc.)
- Proactive in obtaining accurate forecast data and developing and maintaining a pipeline of suitably qualified and available talent for current and future projects
- Manages vacancy through ATS, ensuring that candidate and vacancy data is always accurate and up to date.
- Comply with all company and legislative data protection requirements by responsibly storing candidate information and assessment notes.
- Facilitate the effective movement of candidates through the resourcing process, encouraging proactive feedback from Hiring Managers and working with Global Mobility/P&O teams to ensure the timely release of employment contracts and an effective mobilization process for new hires.
- Provides feedback from business area on aspects of the resourcing process requiring improvement or elements that are particularly effective.
- Ensures consistent alignment to company values and behaviors
Wood Mining & Minerals currently is looking for a Supply Chain &Contracts Manager, based on Santiago, Chile. This role has overall responsibility for managing multi-discipline procurement, material management and contracting functions and activities on a large capital projects.
- Managing supply chain, expediting, supplier quality surveillance, material planning and logistics of equipment and bulk construction materials on a project
- Planning, organizing and directing the activities of buyers, contracts administrators, expeditors, inspectors, shipping and logistics staff and technical and commercial support staff, for the supply of necessary materials, equipment and construction services, in accordance with the project’s standards, specifications and construction schedules
- Managing the supply chain work process and reporting the status of these multiple functions to senior project management and clients
- Taking over after award of principal contracts, coordinated conformation of contracts, updated contracting strategies and detailed contract plans, improved departmental procedures, staffing, schedules and budgets.
- Establish process and procedures for contract administration, staffed contract administrators for major contracts, implement systems for administration and change control, analyze and negotiate claims.
- Senior review of all documentation, evaluations, recommendations, contract conditions and changes.
- Senior review of all post-tender and post-award administration
- Providing general and direct supervision to the staff on the project and fostering a learning environment
- Workforce forecasting, budget preparation, completion of performance appraisals, and proposal input and development
- Acting as liaison with the client on all functions
- Leading development of local sources of supply
- Moderate amount of travel to client offices and supplier facilities
- Participation in critical supplier and contractor negotiations
- Maintaining ultimate responsibility for project supply chain, Contract and reporting to the project manager and client
- Complying with Wood code of business conduct and ensuring compliance with corporate policies.
- Promote and adhere to ethical behaviour in line with Anti-Bribery and Corruption policy, Health, Safety, Security and Environment within the Supply Chain and Contract.
We are currently recruiting for an Automation Technical Professional - Sr. Level to be located at our Wood office in Greenville, SC.
Wood Automation and Control is the largest vendor-independent system integrator in the world with proven stability for more than 20 years. We pride ourselves on solving real-world problems for our clients by providing full engineering, consulting, procurement and construction services to our customers across the globe. Our automation teams work on hands-on projects that span the full spectrum - from small integration projects to Main Automation Contractor programs for large, multi-EPC projects.
At this time, we will only consider applications from citizens of the UNITED STATES or those with the required permit/VISA for this region, in place.
The job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead Automation Engineering efforts for the design and implementation of automation systems for process industry projects (greenfield and brownfield migrations), directly interfacing with our clients.
- Provide technical supervision of automation project teams including guidance and expertise for all phases of automation projects, front-end engineering through detailed design, configuration, implementation, startup and commissioning.
- Travel expected to customer locations for project implementation (25-50%).
WOOD is currently recruiting for an Area Construction Manager with exstensive oil and gas construction experience.
Must be US Perm resident.
WOOD Qualifications for area construction manger are as follows. Must have a strong commitment to safety.
- Capable of working in an intergrated team enviroment. Strong communication skills interacting with client and multiple contractors.
- Interphase between engineering and contractors. Assure timely corespondance to contractor and client.
- Monitor schedules and budgets to assure mangement and the client and contractors are aligned on the desired project objectives.
- Assure contractors comply with specifications to ensure quality as well as production
- Must have a strong commitment to safety.
- Experience with working with an itergrated team enviroment.
- Strong communication skills