Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a qualified Environmental Professional with 10 - 25 years of experience in environmental consulting and project management in the northeast. The successful candidate will report into our Vice Present of New Jersey Operations located in the Hamilton office. This strategic role has responsibility for contributing to the growth of our environmental business across the Wood organization with focus on New Jersey and navigating EPA and state regulatory programs through the remedial stages. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Work as a strong business developer to identify new and grow key client accounts
- Participate in developing and driving growth strategies for our environmental business including networking outside and inside Wood
- Support achieving sales and operational benchmarks
- Participate in hiring and retention of E&IS staff
- Ensure the management and coordination of project staff and sub-contractors to ensure safe, cost effective, efficient and timely completion of projects to meet and/or exceed client expectations
- Support quality project delivery including technical content and QA/QC to ensure client satisfaction
- Stand up for safety in all we do
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking an Associate Water/Wastewater Engineer Project Manager to lead our Water/Wastewater Practice in Kennesaw and Brookhaven, GA. This position is an opportunity to leverage your relationships and knowledge, lead a team of engineering professionals, and be involved in challenging and technically complex projects that will offer an opportunity for career growth.
As the Practice Leader you will be responsible for establishing and maintain strong client relationships and developing long term strategies for continued market success. The ideal candidate will assist in the continued growth of Wood’s Georgia Water Practice, grow and oversee the local water group's performance, mentor local staff by providing direction, knowledge, and guidance, and provide exceptional client service that exceeds expectations. The successful candidate will have strong leadership, business development, project management, and technical engineering skills. Established client relationships and a proven track record for business development is a plus.
- Develop high quality, safety focused, leading edge sustainable engineering solutions to our industrial and commercial clients for consulting, design and construction services focused around industrial water / stormwater / wastewater evaluation & process design, facilities planning, engineering, permitting & compliance, construction, operations and general civil / industrial engineering services
- Contribute to client business development activities in a doer/seller format, including client development, SOW and proposal preparation and client-centric presentations
- Contribute to staff development consisting of individuals with 0-10 years of experience and provide senior level quality review, quality assurance and mentoring
- Execute project performance and budget monitoring & reporting (internally and externally)
- Serve as an effective interface between client's project team and consulting team, conveying technical, schedule and financial information in a timely and professional manner
Wood is currently recruiting for a Project Buyer for the Houston, TX Office. The professional must possess strong experience working at engineering firms in addition to being a local candidate to Houston, TX (or ability to relocate at their own expense).
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Reviews requests for assigned materials, parts and/or services and verifies specifications with requester as necessary
- Identifies approved suppliers or sources and qualifies new supplier and ensures timely preparation and communication of RFQ (Request for Quote) or corresponds with or interviews approved suppliers to obtain price, specifications and delivery information
- Maintains hard copy and electronic files in conformance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Quality System requirements
- Develops Bidders Lists for assigned RFQ packages, prepares RFQ specific commercial documents and issues RFQ to suppliers for bid. Coordinates clarifications /revisions as required
- Conducts Bid Opening and prepares Bid Ranking Prepares bid clarification requests and issues to selected bidder(s) and coordinates bidder clarification meetings
- Performs Commercial Evaluations with project team to select successful bidder and to identify negotiating points. Coordinates meetings and may lead commercial negotiations with selected bidder. Completes Commercial Evaluation and identifies Recommended Supplier
- Ensures that requisitions are converted to Purchase Orders (PO’s), placed with suppliers and entered into the system in conformance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), Department Work Instructions (DWI’s), Ethical Code of Conduct and Quality System requirements
- Reviews reports such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery performance, and/or quality performance to evaluation of suppliers. Utilizes the Supplier Performance Management System to provide timely feedback to suppliers
- Arranges and conducts meetings with Suppliers, negotiates and issues PO Change Orders and prepares weekly and monthly project procurement status reports to ensure effective internal and external communication
- In the absence of a dedicated “Project Expediter”, also performs all expediting activities to ensure on-time delivery and to report delivery status of all equipment, materials, and vendor documentation for assigned orders. Updates system as necessary
- Assists other departments with problem resolution involving discrepancies between purchase order, delivered quantity, quality and/or price
- Investigates and responds to Document Control’s queries concerning Vendor documentation.
- Identifies cost savings opportunities and assists in achieving yearly cost reduction targets set by Procurement Manager
Wood is currently recruiting for a Subcontracts Administrator for our Houston, TX office.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
Supports Proposals and Project Team by reviewing contract / subcontract commercial terms for simple to complex projects / contracts. Assists with terms and conditions for proposals. Provides guidance to project team with respect to company contracting/subcontracting guidelines and supports negotiations with subcontractors.
Maintains control of contractors/subcontractors at site to ensure compliance with contract requirements, project standards and established department procedures and practices.
- Issues inquiries for field subcontracts
- Analyzes field subcontract quotations
- Provides for placement and control of field subcontracts
- Issues and negotiates Subcontract Change Requests. Evaluates subcontractor’s claims and back charges. Checks and authorizes subcontract payment requests.
- Conducts economic and efficient administration of subcontracts for the total project.
- Maintains all subcontractor correspondence logs
- Maintains subcontractor daily activity log
- Provides weekly Subcontract Status Report. Maintains subcontractor daily force report and man-hour distribution
Wood is currently recruiting a Project Assistant with experience in office administrative function.
Assist Project Manager and Project Coordinator with all project administration duties including; filing, revision control, issuing by transmittal, and distribution of internally produced controlled documents according to the applicable QA procedures.
- Assist Project Coordinator with set up, closeout, deliverable and updates.
- Enter data and ensure accuracy of information being entered into computerized maintenance management system and excel spreadsheets.
- Verifying statistical reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Process and/or file invoice and job order requisitions as needed.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
- Use a thorough knowledge of an office's work and routine to: choose among widely varying methods and procedures to process complex transactions; and select or devise steps necessary to complete assignments.
Wood is currently recruiting for “Proposal Engineer” to be based in Mexico City, reading to strengthen our Estimating Business Development Teamgroup.
Working as a Proposal Estimator Engineer in a small professional team, you will help support the company's commercial proposal preparation efforts in securing new business with new and existing customers in a variety of Main Automation Contractor (MAC) and Oil & Gas Midstream projects. You will see the commercial development of the proposals from the initial strategy meetings, through the company's management approval process, to the submission of the Proposal and subsequent handover to operations of successfully awarded projects.
- Review of Tender documentation to ensure completeness of information for pricing purposes
- Review pricing requirements and identify any tender clarifications required from client
- Review and understand the detailed scope of work and advise on the most cost- effective execution strategy
- Preparation of Cost Estimate and pricing for proposals
- Benchmark execution man-hours and indicate communicate to other departments what is competitive whilst maintaining ability to execute the project to within quality standards
- Provide accurate estimates of Travel and Living requirements for the project
- Identify what subcontracts are required and provide pricing
- Liaise with HSSEA and Global Mobility in preparation of assignment
- Understand the effect of Cash Flow, production of cash flow data and suggest mitigation for adverse cash flow the Proposal will have on the business
- Ensure all estimates are independently arithmetically checked for accuracy
- Presentation of the completed pricing to senior management and recommendations on Contingency and profit level and the competitiveness of the bid
- Ensure all pricing deliverables are received to enable completion of the pricing and submission of the bid on time
- Answering any commercial post bid clarifications issued by client
- Support in client negotiations
- Handover of Final Pricing/Commercial to Projects to execute the Project
- Collate, understand and implement any lessons learnt / feedback from execution team
Wood is currently recruiting for a Health, Safety, Security and Environment Manager (HSSE) Manager with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
Descriptions of Functions:
Ensure effective HSSE support as part of the Wood Alaska contract team and to maintain effective liaison with the client and Wood corporate teams.
- Develop contract HSSE Strategy in line with company and client requirements
- Responsible for the development of HSSE, Emergency Response, HSSE Improvement Plans and other strategic plans and their implementation on the contract
- Ensure the contract safety culture is effective including maximizing the use of the Safety Shield and contract observation and intervention systems
- Responsible for regular HSSE reports for corporate and client review
- Participate in HSSE incident investigations where required and ensure appropriate action is taken to close out incident actions
- Review findings of incident and near miss investigations to ensure quality and suitability of corrective actions are followed
- Ensure HSSE Plans are in place for projects which describe the controls required to mitigate HSSE impacts from project implementation
- Ensure adequate HSSE inductions and on-boarding to all personnel mobilized to the contract
- Facilitate Emergency Response arrangements with BP, and Wood Emergency Response teams
- Ensure significant site presence as maintained in accordance with the work schedule
- Liaison with BP and relevant subcontractor representatives on a regular basis regarding HSSE issues and HSSE performance
- Report HSSE issues and any areas of concern to Wood, BP and corporate HSSE management
- Promote workforce involvement in all HSSE activities
- Maintain an effective system for monitoring HSSE performance
- Ensure HSSE input to the 12, 6, 2-week construction readiness gates
- Developing and implementing Risk-Based HSSE Assurance Program including Self Verification
- Improvement in HSSE performance for the contract based on lagging and leading indicators
- BP contract HSSE improvement plans and objectives communicated, understood and delivered by the business
- Ensure all HSSE and technical incidents are investigated, the root causes are identified, and effective corrective and preventive actions are implemented
- All incidents and “near misses” reported, investigated and communicated within agreed timelines
- Successful roll out and implementation of regional HSSE objectives, initiatives and campaigns
- Deliver accurate and timely HSSE reporting according to corporate standards
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a motivated, mid-level Health & Safety Professional to support our team in Chelmsford, MA. The Chelmsford office includes a multi-disciplinary environmental, health & safety consulting team with approximately 75 professionals including engineers, scientists, environmental permitting, and designers. WOOD offers the opportunity to work on technically challenging and innovative projects for a wide range of clients throughout the US.
This position offers the opportunity to work with a diverse team of engineers and scientists to address complex environmental challenges and requires the following skills/experience for the position roles/responsibilities:
- Demonstrated task and project management skills
- A foundation of environmental, health & safety (EH&S) compliance experience
- Mastery of federal, state and local regulatory programs
- Laboratory EH&S and compliance experience
- Developing site specific EH&S compliance programs based on federal, state and local regulations, as well as, compliance with client company directives. Examples of programs include, Chemical Hygiene, Laboratory Safety, Lockout/Tagout, Hazard Communication, Respiratory Protection, Confined Space Entry, Emergency Action, Fire Prevention, Exposure Control, Waste Minimization, Waste Management, Contingency Planning, etc.
- Have the ability to manage EH&S programs at client facilities serving as an EHS coordinator for various clients
- Assist with health and safety (H&S) audits/inspections, and providing recommendations for corrective actions
- Assist with H&S management systems development, including drafting of standard operating procedures, guidance documents, and training programs
- Assist with the management of hazardous waste, including waste characterization, satellite area inspections, training, and correspondence with government agencies
- Develop and conduct site specific EH&S training programs, including but not limited to, Hazard Communication, Lockout/Tagout, Bloodborne Pathogens, Biosafety, Fall Protection, Ladder Safety, Hazardous Waste Management, Respiratory Protection, RCRA/DOT, HAZWOPER, etc.
- Assist with industrial hygiene related projects, including personal air sampling, indoor air quality assessment, surface wipe sampling, facility decommissioning, qualitative assessments, etc.
- Be motivated, outgoing, and have the ability to interact with employees within various different industry settings
- Conduct job safety analyses for jobs/tasks performed within various different industry settings
- Conduct incident investigations for clients following incidents occurring at client sites
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc. (Amec Foster Wheeler is now part of Wood) is seeking an experienced mid - level Heavy Manufacturing Industrial / Structural Engineer to join our Engineering Practice in Peoria, IL. The ideal candidate for this position will have a minimum of 5 years of relevant structural or industrial engineering experience with at least 2 years in manufacturing industry.
- Communicate with the Wood Project Manager and client Project Manager regarding work expectations, scope of work and budget
- A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with both engineering professionals and non - engineering personnel, both at sites and in an office setting
- Licensure as an Illinois Professional Engineer (PE) or an Illinois Structural Engineer (SE) is a plus, but not required
- Strong written skills with strong self - checking habits to ensure deliverables (reports, permit applications, procedures, etc.) are concise and clear to the reading audience
- Strong verbal skills with ability to coach and / or train individuals in the workplace with a range of backgrounds in industrial manufacturing knowledge
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications and ability to learn new applications
- Ability and willingness to travel to and work at a variety of facilities - Work will typically occur during normal facility work hours, but some work on off - hours may be required, including the potential for some overtime
- Must be able to pass drug screen requirements and background checks for Wood and various clients, have a valid driver’s license, and have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with Wood’s (and other Company’s) driving and Motor Vehicle policies
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions (Amec Foster Wheeler is now part of Wood) is seeking an experienced mid-level Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) Compliance Professional to join our Environmental Practice in Peoria, IL. The ideal candidate for this position will have a minimum of 2 years of relevant EHS experience in industry and five (5) years of total EHS experience.
Work for Wood will be a combination of office work and field work. The initial assignment may involve work for six (6) to twelve (12) months as a seconded EHS practitioner in a manufacturing operation in central Illinois. Additional skills/qualifications and job responsibilities are summarized below.
- Communicate with the Wood Project Manager and client Project Manage regarding work expectations, scope of work and budget
- A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with both EHS professionals and non-EHS personnel, both at sites in an office setting
- Licensure as an Illinois Professional Engineer (PE) (or Engineer in Training (EIT)), Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM), or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) a plus, but not required
- Experience with both Illinois and Federal Regulations
- Strong written skills with strong self-checking habits to ensure deliverables (reports, permit applications, procedures, etc.) are concise and clear to the reading audience
- Strong verbal skills with ability to coach and/or train individuals in the workplace with a range of backgrounds in EHS knowledge
- Depending on level of experience as an EHS practitioner, the ability to network with peers and generate new business leads in the compliance practice area
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications and ability to learn new applications including typical EHS Management Systems software
- Ability and willingness to travel to and work at a variety of facilities; Work will typically occur during normal facility or office work hours, but some work on off-hours may be required, including the potential for some overtime
- Must be able to pass drug screen requirements and background checks for Wood and various clients, have a valid driver’s license, and have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with Wood’s (and other Company’s) driving and Motor Vehicle policies
Wood is currently seeking a Lean Advisor for our client who is a global facilities and infrastructure provider within the Oil & Gas industry. Employing over 11,000 personnel they have a diverse customer base comprising national, international and integrated oil companies.
The candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Coach Wave 3 Embedded Lean Leaders through certification; revise and update ELL training standards and initiate Wave 4
- Participate in the development of the company's Lean Deployment standards and maturity assessment
- Participate in the development and roll out of Lean Technical Authorities
- Provide coaching to non-ELL business leaders in support of building the company's distinctive Lean culture
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer – Department Head. The Wood E&IS Portland, Maine Office is a multi-disciplinary science/engineering/architecture team of 150+ staff, located in one of the most livable cities in the US. Wood offers the technical challenges of projects located throughout the US and globally within the relaxed environment of a small, vibrant city.
The Mechanical Engineering Department Head provides department management and technical direction in the mechanical engineering discipline within the Portland Design Center. Responsible for staff management, production scheduling, and technical quality for the mechanical design discipline within the organization. This individual will possess the ability to build and lead multi-disciplinary project teams and capture project opportunities.
- Have a thorough knowledge of HVAC building systems, Industrial ventilation, power, and energy systems; experience with plumbing, fire protection, and electrical building systems a plus
- Calculate heating/cooling loads and energy consumption using energy modeling
- Survey of existing mechanical systems
- Design duct distribution and mechanical systems
- Energy Auditing and LEED experience
- Manage engineering role of projects from design development through construction
- Coordinate or lead other disciplines in the building design field and work in a team environment
- Industrial process and power plant design experience
- Performs resource management for the Mechanical Engineering Department
- Manages the staffing levels and utilization of the department by tracking department performance statistics, and maintaining communication with team members
- Assures that design engineering services are commensurate with professional standards, client requirements, and corporate objectives
- Maintains knowledge of new technical developments in the discipline and assists technical leaders in the dispersion of this knowledge
- Oversees and guides project teams in carrying out design and engineering tasks
- Responsible for the technical quality of work performed within the department, overseeing the technical staff’s implementation of project QAQC plan
- Reviews unusual or complex design problems and guides their solution
- In collaboration with other department heads, establishes expectations and processes to achieve effective inter-discipline coordination and communication
- Resolves disputes and conflicts that develop within the department or with other departments
- Approves timesheets and expense reports per company policies and project allocations
- Evaluates the performance of technical staff and provides salary and bonus recommendations
- Leads the recruitment, selection, and development of engineers and designers for the discipline
- Maintains technical expertise within the department through technical training
- Performs senior engineer and project manager responsibilities on projects as needed
Wood is currently recruiting for a Junior Mechanical Computer-Aided (CAD) Design Drafter with experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. This role would be producing drawings, diagrams and schedules using CAD software and Microsoft office.
Wood was just ranked the #1 Top International Design Firm in 2019. This role with provide you a great opportunity to gain experience with our growing design department in Alaska. You will be an intricate player in the supporting of the Alaska BP Engineering Procurement Construction (EPC) Contract. This position is based out of our Anchorage office.
With soaring mountains and amazing wildlife, Anchorage offers incredible adventures and small-city charms that are one of a kind. Every season provides amazing opportunities - world-renown skiing, snow-machining, camping, sightseeing, fishing and hunting. You'd be joining a strong local community that values native culture, public involvement and a love for the outdoors.
- Preparing As-built project drawings and documents using the appropriate software
- Revising mechanicaldesign drawings as required
- Preparing plans, specifications, and inspection reports
- Performing basic Electrical/Instrumentation calculations
- Providing assistance to engineers and designers
- Assisting in job planning, organization, and assessment
- Interfacing with client documentation system
Wood is currently recruiting for an EP Compliance Administrator (contract to hire) in our Houston, TX Office.
U.S. Only: Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required
Wood is looking for assistance on the Everything People (EP) Compliance team with onboarding and Pre-Screening activities. This position will be responsible for day to day People & Organization (P&O) compliance program administration which includes but not limited to responding to background check orders, coordinating testing and medical assessments, schedule required training, coding invoices, record keeping, find & set-up collection facilities, and ordering supplies.
Wood is searching for a talented Project Manager, to support our Subsea business in Houston, TX. The ideal candidate will have experience managing major subsea projects, with several different discipline teams.
Wood's Subsea and Exports business offers the full range of Engineering services required to develop a reservoir under the sea. This is an opportunity to join an industry leading group of professionals, and make an impression in a global organization.
- Plans, directs, supervises and controls the execution of all business, technical, fiscal and administrative functions of the assigned project.
- Monitors and reports to management on the progress of all project activity within the project, including significant milestones and any conditions which would affect project cost or schedule.
- Acts as the representative with the client, contractor(s) and selected suppliers during the project execution. Negotiates and agrees changes to the scope of work with the client.
- Assists business development in understanding client issues and business plans in order to market and secure new/additional work.
- Promotes technical excellence on the project, including furtherance of the Quality Improvement Process.
- Ensuring that the Company Health, Safety, Environment & Quality policies are correctly adhered to by all personnel.
- Mobilizes resources, through effective liaison with support departments, other offices, or subsidiaries to create project teams capable of completing effective, quality work.
- Works with individual team members to develop budgets, schedules and plans for the various elements of a project. Ensures that the project meets or exceeds goals established in these plans.
- Assigns responsibility for executing project plans to key subordinates after careful assessment of how to utilize their qualifications and strengths.
- Provides input to performance reviews and development plans for subordinates.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeing an Application Developer to join our Water & Technology Services consulting practice in Nashville, TN. We are a growing and dynamic group of technical professionals that offers a wide range of engineering consulting services. Our clients span governmental and commercial entities, local to international, and our projects involve solving real-world environmental & infrastructure problems.
The Application Developer position will work with a team of engineers, scientists, and GIS analysts to provide support for enterprise, geospatial, decision support, and content/data management systems for web, mobile and desktop platforms. The majority of development will be done in C# and .NET MVC; however, additional programming languages and frameworks will be used on various projects on an as-needed basis. The majority of the software we develop include a spatial component such as a mapping website, mobile data collection, or tools for analyzing spatial data. We routinely work on multiple projects in fields such as GIS, 3D modeling, flood risk analysis, environmental protection, and civil engineering. As such, we get to learn new technologies on a regular basis.
This position is targeting a Mid-level professional with five to ten years of experience.
- Provide technical support to a project team, including debugging others’ code
- Development of and adherence to project schedules and budgets
Wood is currently recruiting for a E&I Commissioning Technician with extensive experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Walking down systems using P&ID’s, SLDs, wiring diagrams, etc. for guidance
- Write quality punch lists with accurate descriptions that will assist with location
- Perform maintenance and repair work as instructed with limited supervision
- Ensure equipment is fit for purpose and is tested in accordance with standards and procedures
- Inspect, commission, repair, maintain, and troubleshoot electrical, electronic and associated control systems and power circuits, power generating equipment, switchgear, and emergency systems; take appropriate action when failures occur.
- Install, calibrate, commission, troubleshoot and repair of input sensors such as flow meters, level transducers, pressure transducers, fire & gas equipment and other monitoring equipment.
- Acceptance of Mechanically Complete Sub system packages from Construction
- Punch List management and responsibility of offered Sub systems / Systems
- Coordinate activities with other departments and staff
- Establish positive working relationships with immediate supervision and personnel from other departments
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and written. Be able to follow oral and written instructions
- Read, understand and follow Permit to Work procedures
- Other duties may be assigned or requested
Wood is currently recruiting for a Civil CAD Technician position at Springboro, OH. The Civil CAD Technician position will perform drafting and modelling services for various construction projects throughout the assigned region as directed by the regional Survey Manager. The Civil CAD Technician will assist with the same services for other regions as directed by the GPS and Survey Director along with other drafting needs as may be required.
- Generate the data from the field survey technician from various surveying activities; Prepare Utility AsBuilt Surveys using field survey data;
- Prepare Topographic Survey drawings using field survey data; Prepare Finish Surface Models and SubGrade Surface Models;
- Prepare cut/fill sheets based on the Topographic Surveys and SubGrade Surface Models; Prepare dirt and material volume reports;
- Prepare various construction plans and documents as necessary per project scope;
- Prepare construction staking data for layout of utilities, curbs, walks, etc.;
Wood is currently recruiting for a Site Contracts Administrator. The Contracts Administrator is responsible for the administration of construction contracts. Reporting to the Construction Manager, this position is located in our project site in Alaska, USA. Contracts Administrator is responsible for providing commercial and administrative support to the construction management team for the EPCM project in order to meet and/or exceed client expectations.
If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Schedule and chair kick-off meetings with the contractor
- Ensure contractor has submitted all required deliverables before starting work
- Manage contract correspondence and costs
- Prepare all contractual letters to the contractor
- Check timesheets for contract conformance (rates, backup, extensions)
- Review contractor invoices and prepare progress payment certificates with cost control
- Review contractor costs, forecasts and request for extras
- Issue for approval and post substantial performance documents
- Participate in contract cost review meetings and regular project progress
- Conduct weekly construction contractor meetings
- Record meeting minutes (kick-off, weekly construction contract review, etc.)
- Assist with preparation of monthly contracts and project progress reports
- Providing commercial and administrative support to the construction management team for all contracts and service agreements from award until completion including contract close-out
- Monitoring contractor performance and preparing weekly contract status reports
- Assisting with measurement of contractors’ progress and verification and approval of invoices
- Assisting with timely processing of vendor/contractor requests for information or changes to field work
- Assisting the construction management team in managing contractors’ extra work and preparing change orders
- Maintaining field deviation and change order logs
- Maintaining a continuing review of the progress of each contract and identify any financial, legal or technical difficulties.
- Assisting with identifying potential contract claims as they develop and managing the timely resolution under the change provisions wherever possible, obtaining claims and legal expertise as appropriate
- Developing and maintaining communication channels with clients, stakeholders and internal Wood personnel to ensure that work flows smoothly
Wood is recruiting for a CAD Operator to execute design drafting requirements as a member of our engineering service team. Under the general supervision of a senior engineer/designer, the candidate plans and carries out technical assignments. Capable of handling assignments which involve a variety of procedures and techniques. An understanding of related engineering principles and practices, plus training and diversified experience in the field of activity is required.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required. Possession of a TWIC card or the ability to obtain one is required.
- Functions in a primary design role, providing drawing and deliverable development while assisting the design lead to accomplish overall project objectives
- Performs tasks with competency and extensive knowledge of standard techniques, procedures and design criteria
- Supports the discipline design lead in maintaining Budget, Schedule and adherence to the project scope of work
- Create CADD designs/drawings from Engineering and Design sketches, mark-ups, go-by’s and verbal instruction
- Review and apply project standards and documents to assure they are compatible and aligned with the overall project objectives
- Participate in all available technical training while continuously improving technical skill sets