Click column header to sort
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions has a Security Guard opportunity available at the Moab and Crescent Junction sites. This is a fulltime, benefitted position of 40 hours per week.
- Security Guard needed at the Moab Uranium Mill Tailings Remedial Action (UMTRA) Project
- Will work at the Moab and/or Crescent Junction sites
- May work morning, afternoon or evening shifts; Shifts range from 5 to 10 hours a day
- Responsible for security of a remote federal site with a 7-day monitoring schedule - The first shift will screen all visitors at the gates of the radiological control area - Security’s other duties include, but are not limited to:
- Completing a daily activity report or other reports
- Enforcing regulations designed to prevent breaches of security
- Exercising judgment and using discretion in dealing with the emergencies and security violations
- Night shift will drive the perimeter of the site on a regular schedule to monitor conditions and potential security breaches. This includes frequent stops of a vehicle and getting out to open or close gates
- The project provides a government vehicle for rounds at both the Moab and Crescent Junction sites
- Will log on and off a computer; compose, send and access e-mails; record time in a PC-based timekeeping application; access secure Internet sites; and navigate to files in a Windows operating system (save and retrieve files)
- Will accurately measure and record waterline conditions
Wood has a career opportunity for a Certified Health Physicist to lead the Radiological Engineering group to support our expanding D&D operations in the US and internationally.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee’s enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career. We offer a varied and interesting diversity of clients and projects. We’d love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and is committed to quality
The Lead Radiological Engineer (CHP) will be part of the operational team which includes Radiation Protection, Technology Deployment and Project Delivery to support decommissioning and other radiological work at reactors, government, and commercial sites. Additionally, they will work with the Advanced Technology Group to provide health physics support and consultation as part of ongoing technology development.
- Provide technical radiological expertise to customers, (both internal and external) with a focus on decontamination and decommissioning work
- Development and implementation of Decommissioning Plans, Radiological Characterization Plans, Radiological Work Plans and other D&D implementation documents
- Radiological dose assessments, and development of ALARA programs to reduce doses
- Design and implementation of MARSSIM Final Status Survey Plans
- Developing Quality Assurance Project Plans, following the DQO’s process
- Work with the Advanced Technology Group, by providing health physics expertise to support the development of new technology
- Work with Customers and Stakeholders to develop Site Specific DCGL’s and clean up goals
- May supervise one or more technical personnel implementing D&D projects
- Effectively communicate with customers, regulators, field technicians, and project management personnel
- Liaise with Project Delivery, Radiation Protection, and Technology Deployment Section staff to ensure that radiological D&D projects are properly executed
- Based in Grand Junction CO and will travel to project sites in the US and internationally - Approximately 30% overnight travel
Wood is currently recruiting for a HSE Advisor with HSE Incident Management experience, in the oil and gas industry.
- The HSSEA Advisor uses expert knowledge and skills in order to generate and promote a positive HSSE culture;
- Keep up to date with new developments and maintain a working knowledge of the latest HSSE related techniques;
- Propose changes to working practices that are safe and add to an improved Company HSSE performance;
- Maintain professional contact with other colleagues within Wood HSSEA team;
- Support the administration of the client HSE Incident tracking system and database;
- Troubleshoot the issues within the client HSE Incident tracking system;
- Provide training to client employees on how to properly use the system;
- Coordinate monthly incident related KPI submittals;
- Any other administrative duties that may be required by the client Operations Performance Team.
The Civil CAD Technician position will perform drafting and modelling services for various construction projects throughout the assigned region as directed by the regional Survey Manager. The Civil CAD Technician will assist with the same services for other regions as directed by the GPS and Survey Director along with other drafting needs as may be required.
- Data reduction:
- AsBuilt Survey:
- Topographic Survey:
- Surface Models:
- Cut/Fill Sheets:
- Volume Reports:
- Construction Plans:
- Staking Data:
Generate the data from the field survey technician from various surveying activities; Prepare Utility AsBuilt Surveys using field survey data;
Prepare Topographic Survey drawings using field survey data; Prepare Finish Surface Models and SubGrade Surface Models;
Prepare cut/fill sheets based on the Topographic Surveys and SubGrade Surface Models; Prepare dirt and material volume reports;
Prepare various construction plans and documents as necessary per project scope;
Prepare construction staking data for layout of utilities, curbs, walks, etc.;
Wood is currently recruiting a Lease Operator to join our team in Washington, PA. You will be responsible for maintaining onshore oil and gas properties.
U.S. Only: Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Perform basic to intermediate level pumping skills which include but not limited to: tank gauging, the proper operation of heater/treaters and 3 phase separators, and all attendant valve and oil seals and seal records. Ability to repair equipment as needed
- Assist in witnessing meter calibrations, monitor rates and pressures on injection and disposal wells; make necessary adjustments, monitor chemical use, and test safety systems daily; maximize daily production
- Operate properties to ensure all regulatory, environmental and safety compliance issues and goals are met
- Daily production reporting and scheduling of oil and produced water movement
- Seek ways to reduce direct lease operating expenses by noting problems and/or recommending courses of actions to supervisor
- Operate wells and artificial lift methods to optimize production
- Work on all types of production equipment, pump valves, treater dump valves, gas regulators, etc. Identify potential problems
- Monitor chemical and lubricating oil usage at wells
- Various other field related activities as required by supervisor
- Operate a vehicle safely in all weather conditions
Skills/ Experience/ Training:
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet stringent deadlines
- Knowledge/experience in production and artificial lift operations
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Basic computer skills (familiarity with Microsoft Excel) and simple mathematical calculations
- Must organize and plan daily work schedule. Must be willing to work rotating shifts, weekends
- Safety sensitive position subject to random drug and alcohol screening
- Valid driver's license and clean record
- Work will require standing, stooping, walking, climbing tank stairs, carrying instruments weighing up to 80 pound
- Prefer a minimum of 1-2 years of experience
- Flowing back wells and or pumping experience
Wood is currently recruiting for an HSE Specialist with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
U.S. Only: Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
Staff Civil/Environmental Engineer– Chelmsford, MA
The Wood Environmental & Infrastructure Solutions (Wood) office, Chelmsford, MA office is seeking an Engineer with appropriate experience to support projects involving site civil design (including stormwater, grading, utilities, roadway) and environmental remediation (sediments remediation, in-situ remediation including SVE, IAS, ISCO, ERD, etc.), remediation feasibility studies, cost estimates, planning documents, engineering design, and construction oversight. Anticipated work will focus on engineering, permitting, and construction oversight supporting these projects.
The position will involve all facets of both site civil engineering and environmental remediation including, but not limited to: hydrologic and hydraulic analyses, grading plan development, soil cut/fill volume calculations, remediation feasibility studies and cost estimates, remedial investigations, remedial design of treatment facilities, construction oversight, and operation and maintenance support. This position offers the opportunity to work with a diverse team of engineers and scientists to address complex environmental challenges executing the following roles/responsibilities:
- Prepare engineering evaluations and feasibility studies, design sediment and other remedies, and develop conceptual cost estimates.
- Prepare project planning and reporting documents including investigation work plans, sampling and analysis plans, remedial action plans, permitting submittals, and construction complete reports.
- Analyze and interpret environmental data and prepare related reports.
- Prepare and/or support development of environmental permit applications for site development projects and remediation work.
- Develop and review plans, specifications and special provisions for site design and remediation projects.
- Develop construction cost estimates
- Prepare requests for proposals and assist in subcontractor procurement.
- Develop or support proposals.
- Oversee remedial action implementation and provide construction management support including review of contractor submittals.
Wood is currently sourcing for several Pipefitter Helpers with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
Pipe Fitter Helper (includes helpers 0 months- helper 42 months) - Preferred minimum of 6 months documented field experience in chosen craft discipline. Must have the ability to read and interpret instructions and documentation. The level and degree of job responsibilities and requirements vary depending on months of experience. Lays out, fabricates, assembles, installs and maintains piping systems, pipe supports, fixtures, and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment for steam, hot water fixtures and equipment for steam, hot water, heating, cooling, lubricating, sprinkling and industrial production and processing systems.
Wood is currently sourcing for several Pipefitters with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
Typically 3 years and above documented field experience in chosen craft discipline with ability to read and interpret instructions and document, plan and perform work activities independently.
Lays out, fabricates, assembles, installs and maintains piping systems, pipe supports, fixtures, and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment for steam, hot water fixtures and equipment for steam, hot water, heating, cooling, lubricating, sprinkling and industrial production and processing systems.
Wood is currently sourcing for a Laborer with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
Typically 3 years and above documented field experience in chosen craft discipline with ability to read and interpret instructions and document, plan and perform work activities independently. Prepares site for daily work, performs all housekeeping and duties necessary for daily activities.
Wood is currently sourcing for a Construction Manager with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
This is positions is for an employee who applies coats of paint, varnish, stain, enamel, or lacquer to protect interior or exterior surfaces, trimmings, and fixtures of buildings and other structures. This includes the inspection of surfaces.
Wood is currently sourcing for a Equipment Operator with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
Operates various power-driven machinery used to move dirt or other materials. May operate all or some of the follow types of equipment: backhoe, bulldozer, crane, dragline, font-end loader, motor grader, cranes, dump truck, etc.
Wood is currently sourcing for a Crane Operator with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
Operates the various hoisting and lifting equipment covered by OSHA 1926.1400. May operate all or some of the following types of cranes: telescopic boom, lattice boom, tower and overhead.
Wood is currently sourcing for a Construction Manager with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
Helpers (includes helpers 0 months- helper 42 months) - Preferred minimum of 6 months documented field experience in chosen craft discipline. Must have the ability to read and interpret instructions and documentation. The level and degree of job responsibilities and requirements vary depending on months of experience.
Wood is seeking a Process Technology Supervisor to serves as a staff expert in Process Engineering as it relates to the organization’s products and services and has the primary responsibility to manage a group of technical personnel.
- Serves as a lead over a group of Engineers or functions as a senior technical specialist responsible for the efficient design and technical execution involved in providing Process Engineering support to the Business Development Group and project teams
- Involved with developing applications, hypothesis, approaches and concepts which require extensive interpretation, judgment and ingenuity
- Develops work plans and project schedules and assists in developing hours estimates and scoping efforts for proposals and projects.
- Independently plans, develops and executes large and/or technically complex engineering studies, projects or assignments with only administrative supervision and is responsible for technical quality and project execution management on projects assigned
- Acts as a Technical Authority (TA) with department approval responsibility for any of the following deliverables:
- Process Simulations
- Process Flow Diagrams (PFD’s) with Heat and Material Balances
- Process Calculations
- Process Datasheets
- Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID’s)
- Equipment Lists (with associated sizing calculations)
- Line Lists (with associated sizing calculations and hydraulic calculations)
- Investigations of technical items - documented in written reports and studies
- Review and adherence to specifications, regulations, and standards
- Engineering Design, Commissioning, Startup, and Operating Manuals
- Other Job functions include:
- Participate in and/or Support safety meetings such as HAZID, HAZOP, SIL and other Safety Hazard Assessments
- Coordination with other engineering and design disciplines and primary contact for project management team
- Ensures that work products produced on projects assigned are in compliance with applicable codes and standards, practices and procedures, cost effective, safe and high quality
- Coordinates with project manager progress reporting, budgets, schedules, work scope, variances and manpower loading on projects assigned
- Assists Department Manager in Performance Management (annual review feedback) of personnel assigned to the department
Wood is currently recruiting for an Instrument & Electrical Designer in our Corpus Christi, TX Office. This professional will need to possess strong Instrumentation skills and be proficient in Electrical Design.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
Functions in a primary design role, providing drawing and deliverable development while assisting the design lead to accomplish overall project objectives. Performs tasks with competency and extensive knowledge of standard techniques, procedures and design criteria. Support the discipline design lead in maintaining Budget, Schedule and adherence to the project scope of work.
Coordinates and facilitates with Senior Design Coordinator for staff assignment, change management and discipline technical support.
Attend project and client meetings, Assign specific design task to discipline design team, monitor production levels, perform checking / technical audits, and support project reporting requirements.
Create CADD designs/drawings from Engineering and Design sketches, mark-ups, go-bys and verbal instruction. Coordinate with other discipline designers to ensure verbally received information is communicated and clearly understood.
Review and apply project standards and documents to assure they are compatible and aligned with the overall project objectives. Bring discrepancies to the attention of the Design Coordinator for resolution.
Work closely with peer and subordinate project design staff as well as engineering staff to assure the integrity of project deliverables and documents are maintained, accurate, and consistent
Participate in all available technical training while continuously improving technical skill sets.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Survey Field Technician to join our Survey / Utility team in Durham, NC.
- Survey data collection on Wood projects
- Operate the survey total stations and levels
- Record collected survey data in field books and or data collector
- Aid in maintenance all survey equipment
- Assist party chief with survey files and field calculations
- Assist utility technicians with Utility location and Vacuum truck work
- Designate utilities on Wood projects
- Operate vacuum truck
Project Related Responsibilities
All facets of surveying and utility projects Including:
- Collection of deed data for boundary surveys
- Establish project control monumentation
- Collection of topographic information for 3d mapping
- Providing construction layout on Wood projects
- Marking utilities
- Vacuum excavation
Wood is currently recruiting for an Operational Director for our Asset Solutions Americas business (ASA) based in our Denver office. Within this position you will be focusing on Onshore Upstream and Midstream business.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship is required.
The role is responsible for determining and executing on win strategy for new opportunities within the business. Additionally, responsible for technical and financial delivery of all projects executed from the Denver office. Set direction for growth and development of Denver ASA operations. Successful candidates will need to have prior experience and positive report with target clients such as Oxy, Exxon/XTO and Equinor as well as Denver based Oil and Gas Exploration and Transportation companies. In performing the above, here are the following responsibilities:
- Ability to determine relevant deliverables for a given opportunity
- Ability to structure and manage teams for Denver based projects.
- Successful experience working within a Matrix organization with shared employee ownership/management.
- Identification of and solicitation of interest with prospective clients on alternate options to achieve same goal with less expense
- Ability to work with commercial to determine appropriate pricing for opportunity
- Experience working with contract administration and Business Development to screen/begin initial contract negotiations for business
- Select team that will sell and execute work
- During execution meet with team weekly to assess progress, determine weak points and address pro-actively with HED, PM, E&IS, Field Services, Procurement or other contributing groups to the project
- Function in Sponsor Director/Role with client peer to ensure successful execution and client satisfaction
- Work with clients and project team to manage invoicing process and influence DSO
- Work with teams to ensure as-sold margins are maintained during execution
- Work in conjunction with BD representatives to maintain existing client accounts and capture new by assisting with presentations showcasing Wood’s capabilities, specific approach to project of interest, etc.
- Help build work-share relationships with HVEC in a measured way to bring average composite sell rate down without diminishing quality
- Work to enhance Wood EPC offering by working with Field Services, Environmental Services, and Construction Services
Wood Environmental & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Senior Compliance Engineer with a minimum of 15 years of experience to join our team. This leader would serve as a technical resource in their discipline, develop new industrial and commercial projects/clients, manage moderate to complex projects, and oversee/mentor assigned engineering staff.
The qualified candidate must have extensive experience and knowledge in multi-media environmental compliance (air, water, and waste) under Federal and state regulations such as CAA, CWA, RCRA, TSCA, and CERCLA. Typical projects include performing environmental compliance audits and preparation of permits and plans including NPDES, HWMP, SPCC, and SWPPP.
This position is located in Wood’s Kennesaw, Georgia office, approximately 30 minutes north of downtown Atlanta.
- Understands, applies, and oversees safety requirements in the field
- Performs EHS compliance audits and implements follow-up corrective actions to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations
- Develops plans, permits, procedures, and reports for air quality, hazardous waste, spill prevention, storm water, and wastewater compliance programs
- Develops and expands client relationships, as a Seller/Doer, that generate repeat business to grow business
- Identifies and develops new clients, expanding brand recognition
- Prepares technical proposals and cost estimates
- Develops and implements project strategies
- Diplomatically negotiates with regulators to foster trust
- Manages multiple medium to large-scale projects within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables, communicating with client and appropriate operations management
- Appropriately delegates project assignments to project teams
- Works collaboratively to motivate, train, and mentor junior to mid-level staff, including career development
- Responsible for ensuring administrative and financial policies and procedures are followed, as well as the methods and procedures specific to engineering discipline
- Prepares technical papers for external publications and to makes presentations to professional groups, clients, and regulators
Wood is currently recruiting for a talented Solar Consultant to join the group in our Austin, TX office.
The Solar Consultant will lead the delivery of multidisciplinary projects through their feasibility, pre-construction and/or construction phases. She/He will act as a consultant, managing projects as a technical advisor and/or Owner’s Engineer. Whilst this role will have a particular focus on solar PV developments it may also include involvement in wind, storage and hybrid projects.
- Perform energy yield analysis work for projects under development or operational assets
- Manage/support solar photovoltaic project developments, providing engineering input from initial assessment, through to technical and economic feasibility, due diligence, construction monitoring and acceptance (primarily in the megawatt scale)
- Review solar PV technology in relation to industry standard test certification
- Review and prepare technical documents including specifications, reports, proposals, calculations and contracts
- Site visits in USA and abroad
- Provide technical support to clients
- Promote Wood’s services as required