Click column header to sort
Wood is currently recruiting for an Electrical and Instrumentation Designer with at least four years experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. Ideal candidate will work with the team to deliver discipline deliverables to successful execute assigned scopes of work.
- Coaching and mentoring as delegated
- Supervision of Graduate Designers, provides input to the performance management of direct reports
- Adhere to and comply with relevant discipline specific procedures and provide feedback for continuous improvement
- Participate in audits and incident investigations as required
- Technically competent in own discipline and actively maintains own competence according to standards and pursues continuous professional development
- Provide discipline support to the business
- Ensure self-awareness of relevant regulatory framework, legislation changes, initiatives and industry technology developments and promote to direct reports
- Provide discipline input to scope definition and execution
- Executing assigned personal objectives
- Management of third party suppliers in the execution of Design delivery
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Soils Technician to join our team in Los Angeles.
- Perform inspection of soil related construction activities- micro piles, drilled piles, grading, compacted backfill, foundation excavations, shoring installation and testing, stone columns, soil improvement methodologies
- Read and interpret project designs and specifications to determine what inspections are required
- Clearly completely and accurately document the inspections performed
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is searching for an Environmental Scientist, Geologist or Engineer to support environmental investigation and restoration projects in the San Diego office with a minimum of 2 years of related experience. A Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in geology, hydrogeology, engineering geology, or related science field is required. Experience performing environmental consulting and environmental restoration work for the Navy, Marine Corps, or NAVFAC is a plus.
We are looking for self-motivated candidates who are able to work as part of a project team, think clearly, have good technical writing skills, and are preferably familiar with investigative and sampling methods used commonly in NAVFAC environmental investigation and restoration. Projects include characterization and restoration of sites impacted by chlorinated solvents, pesticides, petroleum, hydrocarbons, metals, and other materials in soil, groundwater, and/or surface water and sediments. Knowledge of or experience in drilling, sampling of soil, water, groundwater, and/or soil gas is a plus. Knowledge of CERCLA and RCRA processes is a plus.
Duties will include supporting work plan preparation, health and safety plans (HASP), quality assurance project plans (QAPP) writing, progress reporting, various environmental site investigation reports, safety and quality management, as well as performance and/or oversight of a broad scope of field services. Candidates must be willing to travel to project sites throughout California and possibly Nevada and Arizona. Valid driver’s license and an insurable driving record is a must.
Previous OSHA training (40-hour HAZWOPER and 30-hour Construction) and hazardous waste handling experience is preferred but not required. Candidate must be able to perform field work with exposure to a variety of climatic conditions, and potential exposure to hazardous materials and wastes.
- Oversee soil borings and groundwater monitoring well installations; collect soil, groundwater, surface water, sediment, air, and soil gas samples; collect data in complex field situations with supervision, and document field activities
- Perform other field exploration, inspection, testing, and analyses using equipment and instrumentation
- Prepare components of investigation and engineering reports including work plans and summaries, data summaries, calculations, summary tables, figures, charts, and report text
- Assist Project Manager and team with ensuring effective client communication and relations
- Organize field work, assign tasks, and provide guidance to staff specialists and technicians
- Follow company safety policies and procedures, site safety standards, and permit requirements
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Billing Analyst to join our team in San Diego, CA.
As a part of our Financial Operations Team in San Diego, the Project Accountant will maintain, monitor and analyze project financials throughout the projects lifecycle. You will also build and maintain relationships with project managers, operations and coworkers. You will be expected to work individually as well as in a team setting.
- PERFORM DAY TO DAY PROJECT ACCOUNTING FUNCTION
- Review contract’s billing terms and conditions in order to approve contract set up in accounting system
- Process rate corrections, write offs, holds to projects per Project Managers written request
- Distribute Prebills for Project Management review and approval
- Invoice in accordance with contract terms
- Data entry of unit pricing on projects
- Increase budget/fees per contract modifications
- Open Phases and Tasks per Project Management requests
- Clear revenue variances weekly and as per Month End Schedule
- Process Credit Memos and Reinstatements
- Review WIP and A/R bi-weekly for accuracy issues and WIP for aging. Immediately report to direct Supervisor any problem projects or issues
- Maintain complete audit files for each project’s billing
- Close out projects
- SUPPORT OPERATIONS NEEDS
- Provide assistance, financial information, and training to Operations staff as required
- Work closely with PM’s, office managers and administrators to process accounting needs of projects and communicate changes that may impact their work
- Actively participate as a member of the group Project Accounting Team
Wood is gathering resumes (potential future role) for a Mechanical Engineering Lead with strong offshore experience. In this role the Lead will use expert technical knowledge in the execution of engineering assignments to identify innovative solutions to complex problems, and complete any project tasks with little to no guidance. May serve as the Lead or Technical Authority on large projects.
U.S. Only: Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Performs specification and selection of mechanical equipment to meet project criteria
- Performs bid evaluations of mechanical equipment and makes recommendations for award
- Initiates communication between mechanical package engineers and other appropriate engineering and design disciplines to ensure equipment information matches latest available from equipment vendors
- Support project management personnel with regular reporting, scheduling, staffing planning and coordination
- Plans and participates in any inspection/testing activies associated with their respective equipment packages; Also assist less experienced personnel with this effort to assist in skill development
- Conducts engineering cost, feasability, and planning studies analyzing customer needs and data including researching, investigation, and coordination with other engineers and providing recommendations to the client
Wood is currently recruiting for an Administrative Assistant to join our team in Midland, Texas. You will provide administrative support to several departments and managers.
U.S. Only: Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Provide administrative support to department and/or Manager
- General clerical, receptionist and project based work.
- Project a professional company image through in-person and phone interaction
- Answer and transfer telephones and direct calls to the appropriate staff member
- Meet and greet clients and visitors
- Perform general clerical duties: photocopying, faxing mailing, and filing
- Maintain hard copy and electronic filing systems
- Create and modify documents using Microsoft Office.
- Sign for and distribute mail and packages
- Research and price office furniture and supplies
- Setup and coordinate meetings and conferences
- Setup accommodation and entertainment arrangements for company visitors
- Maintain and distribute staff weekly schedules
- Monitor and optimizing costs within area of control
- Operate a company-provided vehicle to perform job duties in a safe manner
- Adhere to all Safety, Environmental, and company policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions has a career opportunity for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer / Project Manager with our Denver, CO Mining team. This individual will provide geotechnical engineering services and manage projects related to mining and civil/geotechnical projects in the U.S. and internationally.
This individual may travel to our Elko, NV, Salt Lake City, UT and Reno, NV offices but will work full time in our Denver, CO office.
- Will provide civil/geotechnical engineering and project management and be responsible for delivering geotechnical and geologic projects to Wood’s mining clients
- Plan, supervise and lead civil/geotechnical investigations and design activities
- Project management including scope, budget, schedule and resource management
- Managing and coordinating project teams, including ensuring the technical quality of deliverables
- Perform and review geotechnical engineering analyses
- Proposal and report writing
- Will travel to project sites in the US and internationally - Approximately 15% overnight travel