Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions currently has a career opportunity available for a Project Manager – Water / Wastewater Engineer.
Are you an Engineer with 8+ years of experience? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established environmental consulting firm on technically complex projects and with opportunities for personal and professional growth? Are you looking for a firm that values its employee’s enthusiasm and technical contributions? We are growing and have a career opportunity for a Senior Water / Wastewater Engineer to join our dynamic team. Houston, Texas is preferred location but other locations possible for candidates with right experience and capabilities.
- Develop high quality, safety focused, leading edge sustainable engineering solutions to our industrial clients for consulting, design and construction services focused around industrial water / stormwater / wastewater evaluation & process design, facilities planning, engineering, permitting & compliance, construction, operations and general civil / industrial engineering services
- Contribute to client business development activities in a doer / seller format, including client development, SOW and proposal preparation and client - centric presentations
- Contribute to staff development consisting of individuals with 0 - 8 years’ experience and provide quality review, quality assurance and mentoring
- Execute project performance and budget monitoring & reporting (internally and externally)
- Serve as an effective interface between client's project team and consulting team, conveying technical, schedule and financial information in a timely and professional manner
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join our team in Albuquerque, NM. The successful candidate will be involved in a variety of geotechnical engineering projects for federal agencies, NMDOT, cities and municipalities throughout New Mexico, as well as private development. Primary geotechnical experience will include, but not limited to: subsurface explorations, foundation engineering, pavement design, site characterization, slope stability, natural hazards assessment, and geotechnical construction observation and testing.
- Evaluate specific geotechnical issues such as settlement, capacity of shallow and deep foundations, and specifying general earthwork related construction practices
- Development of scope of subsurface exploration and laboratory testing programs
- Geotechnical analysis and design
- Perform drilling inspection duties for projects
- Prepare and review geotechnical engineering reports for roadways, utilities, buildings, bridges, culverts, retaining walls, and associated calculations such as slope stability, bearing capacity, settlement, pile analysis, etc.
- Actively involved in marketing and business development for the New Mexico Market. Participate in local professional organizations
- Be available for occasional overnight travel as necessary for attending client meetings, conferences, and project inspections
Wood is currently recruiting for a CQV Specialist II with experience in the Biotech Industry. The CQV Specialist II will work in the field on CQV projects. This may involve working under a CQV project manager or senior specialist.
- Providing client support for commissioning, qualification and validation services - This may include generation of documents such as design qualification, equipment, facility and utility commissioning and qualification, cleaning validation, computer validation, sterilization validation, data reviews, SOP development and development of final reports
- The ability to coordinate cross-functional activities with QA, Engineering, Operations and QC during the execution of protocols
- The ability to assure that all activities are performed in compliance with approved validation/qualification protocols and SOPs to support company and validation policies as well as current regulatory requirements/guidelines is required
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is looking for a Construction Manager to be the primary liaison with the Air Force assigned to Holloman AFB. This position will perform quality assurance, construction oversight and project management services for a 15-month large construction project at Holloman AFB, NM.
- Construction quality assurance inspections and reporting
- Leading design reviews
- Monitor Code and permit compliance
- Coordinate and attend construction progress meetings
- Close-out and site restoration compliance
- Operations and Maintenance Manual Reviews
- Review and oversight of contractor’s health and safety program, quality control program and environmental program
- Review and recommendation of contractor Submittals, Shop Drawings, Requests for Information and Change Order Requests
- Attend final inspections and punchlist review
- Close-out and site restoration compliance
- Labor compliance evaluations
- Provide Government weekly project reports
- Monitor work progress
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking an experienced Senior-Level Mechanical Engineer to join our dynamic team in Columbus, GA. The ideal candidate will have a background in HVAC design, DDC, SCADA, Faculties utility systems and distribution (compressed air, process cooling water, inert gas distribution, steam boiler, centrifugal chillers, chilled water, etc.), and energy efficiency, have leadership experience, good communication skills and ability to work with a group of experienced professionals. The candidate will be responsible for executing and reviewing mechanical designs for new and renovation facility construction and repairs, upgrades, and recommissioning of existing facilities, independently or as a member of a team, including drawings, specifications, and submittal reviews. The successful candidate should have a minimum of 10+ years’ experience with knowledge in mechanical HVAC, controls, piping and plumbing.
Are you a Mechanical Engineer who enjoys the technical aspects of projects, project management and energy efficient design, commissioning work, and a fast pass work environment? We have an excellent career opportunity in our international organization. We are looking for an individual with technical and project leadership capabilities. In this position you will provide solutions for your clients and lead technical initiatives.
- The engineer will lead creative solutions and problem solving efforts to bring multiple projects to a close and meet client needs and expectations
- The engineer in this position will be a teammate of engineers, architects and Project manages and be responsible for the execution of projects and submittal of final deliverables or construction documents
- Work on technical assignments (both field and office) and support design related projects
- Field assignment is local to Columbus GA with minimal travel
- Supports proposal generation and business development, creating technical scopes of work and man-hour estimates
- Generates workload plans, design analyses, and construction documents
- Typical team assignments will include Faculties utilities retrofit projects, interfacing with clients and contractors, project cost estimation, identification of energy conservation measures, boiler and chiller plant upgrades, DDC systems and building stimulation energy modeling
- The individual will work with a multidisciplinary team of engineers, and designers on building design projects with an emphasis on engineering design and plan production; projects include building design for restoration, renovations and new construction
- Execute mechanical HVAC, Piping and Plumbing system drawing development; general electrical knowledge is a plus
- Develop schematics, plan drawings, elevation views, section views, P&ID, P&FD, specifications, and installation details
- Convey results and findings by means of oral discussions, graphic-based presentations and project documentation
- Design or redesign complex layouts and drawings from general sketches, or written and verbal specifications from project team members
- Create exhibits and documents for presentations and reports
- Work with the project team to investigate and resolve problems with existing designs and make corrections to drawings as requested by the senior staff
- Adhere to discipline-specific AutoCAD and design standards
- Design requirements will include creating standards, details, drawing templates, sheet sets, drawings and designs
- Executes facility designs in accordance with applicable codes and standards
- Strong commitment to company’s Beyond Zero safety program; follow company safety standards, site safety standards and maintain safe workplace practices
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Technical Writer to join team in San Diego, CA.
Essential Job Functions:
- Monitors performance of assigned personnel for technical adequacy and with established project and proposal schedules and man-hour budgets
- Coordinates differences of technical and/or procedural judgment between supervised engineers and other project team personnel
- Participates in and requires participation by supervised designers in reviews of engineering standards and submits recommendations for revisions, additions, etc. to management
- Is knowledgeable of the latest technology in assigned discipline and recommends application of the same to management
- Conducts performance evaluations for assigned staff
- Makes recommendations to management for salary increases, reclassifications, hiring, reprimanding or dismissal of assigned personnel
- Responsible for review of the engineering and design status report
- Responsible for the development, revision, and issue of departmental controlled documents
- Responsible for obtaining and receiving non-departmental controlled documents
- Participates in the approval of new suppliers and in the review of the project supplier’s list
- Reviews the discipline scope of work to be executed to ensure it matches that in the project specification and/or the proposal documents as appropriate
- Reviews the CPM Network for correctness of sequence of activities, key dates, and activity durations
- Reviews and monitors performance against allocated man-hour budgets to ensure compliance; brings any adverse trends to the attention of both department and project management
Essential Job Functions under Certain Circumstances:
- Participates in customer meetings and presentations as required
- Consults with other industry experts concerning unusual problems or complex technical issues and may serve as the organization’s representative on industry code and standards committees
- Conducts “Chief’s Review” of critical project documents produced by the engineering department
- May perform in an individual contributor’s role and/or may supervise, review and assure the technical quality of the work performed by less experienced engineers
- Provides assistance in interpretation of technical requirements of the project and/or the client as required or requested by assigned personnel
- Serves as a mentor or teacher for less experienced designers
- Accepts both short and extended term assignments to the field, as requested by management
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a motivated, Junior Health & Safety Professional to support our team in Chelmsford, MA. The Chelmsford office includes a multi-disciplinary environmental, health & safety consulting team with approximately 75 professionals including engineers, scientists, environmental permitting, and designers. Wood offers the opportunity to work on technically challenging and innovative projects for a wide range of clients throughout the US.
This position offers the opportunity to work with a diverse team of engineers and scientists to address complex environmental challenges executing the following roles/responsibilities:
- Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S) compliance
- Developing site specific EH&S compliance programs based on federal, state and local regulations, as well as, compliance with client company directives. Examples of programs include, Lockout/Tagout, Hazard Communication, Respiratory Protection, Confined Space Entry, Emergency Action, Fire Prevention, Exposure Control, Waste Minimization, Waste Management, Contingency Planning, etc.
- Have the ability to manage EH&S programs at client facilities serving as an EHS coordinator for various clients
- Assist with H&S audits/inspections, and providing recommendations for corrective actions
- Assist with H&S management systems development, including drafting of standard operating procedures, guidance documents, and training programs
- Assist with the management of hazardous waste, including waste characterization, satellite area inspections, training, and correspondence with government agencies
- Develop and conduct site specific EH&S training programs, including but not limited to, Hazard Communication, Lockout/Tagout, Bloodborne Pathogens, Biosafety, Fall Protection, Ladder Safety, Hazardous Waste Management, Respiratory Protection, RCRA/DOT, HAZWOPER, etc.
- Assist with industrial hygiene related projects, including personal air sampling, indoor air quality assessment, surface wipe sampling, facility decommissioning, qualitative assessments, etc.
- Be motivated, outgoing, and have the ability to interact with employees within various different industry settings
- Conduct job safety analyses for jobs/tasks conducted within various different industry settings
- Conduct incident investigations for clients following incidents occurring at client sites
Wood is currently recruiting for an Operations Technical Professional with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. The Operations Technical Professional will develop operations manuals, procedures, and other operations related support for all systems associated with onshore and offshore Oil and Gas facilities. In addition, support and assist the Operations Team to ensure that all projects undertaken are completed and delivered within time and budget.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out detailed control and monitoring of all project work in progress, ensuring all scopes are achieved within time and budget
- Develop technical deliverables (documentation) to ensure compliance with project requirements – based on templates agreed and approved by Client. Typically, this requires development of Operating Manuals and Procedures for equipment
- Inform Senior Operations Technical Professional or Operations Technical Manager on projected technical issues, constraints, and/or any potential shortfalls
- Highlight issues related to document development, production and technical compliance as needed
- Liaise with Clients and all associated third parties in relation to project work scopes under direction of Senior Operations Technical Professional
- Attend Client technical meetings as and when required
- Participate in weekly project meetings, as required
- Provide comprehensive and timely progress reports to the Senior Operations Technical Professional and/or Project Manager
- Ensure all work is implemented in accordance with the Company Business (Quality) Management System – use and maintain discipline check-sheets for all development effort
- Maintain own work plan and allocation of priorities while collaborating with rest of the team
- Proactive communication with Operations Team lead and Project Manager all project issues
- Contribute to the evaluation and preparation of bids/tenders/quotations as required by Senior Operations Technical Professional and/or Project Manager
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Senior Environmental Project Manager with a minimum of 10 years’ experience to effectively develop project work and manage, implement and oversee sites assessment, due diligence, remediation and reduction of environmental liability under VRP, Brownfields and other regulatory programs, and other related environmental projects in support of industrial and commercial clientele. This exciting opportunity offers a growth position in a team-oriented environment for an individual with an established track record as a Seller/Doer. Candidate should have a successful track record executing and managing environmental projects in this state. Local projects include environmental assessments and studies, environmental remediation, property transactional services, commercial and residential development, and general environmental services. Candidates should be self-motivated have experience with managing a team and able to work on projects with variable complexity. The candidate should possess a balanced portfolio of skills including a strong technical understanding of their primary area of practice and experience in other aspects of environmental consulting, including business development and business management interests and experience, and demonstrated relationship-building abilities.
Reports to: Environmental Unit Manager
- Manage environmental projects including, site characterization, due diligence and property transactional services, remedial designs and implementation, and preparation of reports and other related documentation
- Development of new clients
- Network with new and existing clients to effectively position for and develop work opportunities
- Prepare contract proposals and cost estimates
- Manage project contracts, staff, budgets and schedules
- Perform, analyze and report on specific environmental project tasks under general supervision and research and recommend solutions to technical problems in accordance with accepted scientific/engineering practices and principles
- Participation and collaboration with other Wood offices and staff on larger, multidisciplinary assignments. Some daytime and overnight travel is expected (20-30% of the time)
- Work with and mentor junior and mid-level staff on environmental projects
- Work effectively with team members as well as independently
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Facility Assessor with detailed knowledge and experience in either mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, interior, exterior, or roofing systems to conduct Facility Condition Assessment projects throughout the United States.
- Perform assessments of client facilities using professional expertise and judgment to determine physical condition with specifications and building codes
- Ability to understand a project work plan and execute based on a client’s requirements
- Use tablet - based computer system to identify and document building equipment and components of a building and provide justification for determination of the physical condition
- Work under direct supervision and in accordance with instructions and standard practices; Willingness to collaborate with project team members and be a team player
- Assess multiple buildings within large complexes on a daily basis identifying major components and sub - components as well as supporting systems
Essential Skills, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Good mathematical aptitude
- Ability to work efficiently and meet project deadlines
- Good technical writing skills
- Demonstrate computer skills and familiarity with email, texting, and use of internet - based mobility platforms
- Experience using SharePoint is a plus
- Ability to travel 50% or more and work flexible hours
- Must work well with team members and deal with customers in a positive manner
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs and perform moderate physical activity such as walking and standing
- Be able to pass a background check
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Senior Remediation Engineer with process design background for work with planning documents, engineering design, and constructionsupport in our Portland, Maine office.This individual will interface with both internal and external clients; be dynamic, creative, quality driven, have excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills; and be a proactive problem solver. The work will involve process design primarily for remediation systems but may also include water, wastewater, and industrial wastewater projects. The Wood Portland, Maine Office is a multi-disciplinary science/engineering/architecture team of ~150 staff that offers the opportunity to work on technically challenging projects for a wide range of clients throughout the US.
The ideal candidate will have a solid background in site remediation technologies and treatment process engineering and operations. This position offers the opportunity to be a design leader on multi-discipline designs, to interact with clients and senior staff in Portland and other Wood offices, mentor junior staff, contribute to the growth of the environmental engineering design group, and collaborate with engineering staff in multiple disciplines while executing the following roles/responsibilities:
- Evaluates waste streams and discharge requirements and identifies unit operations for treatment.
- Evaluates treatment economics and performs system optimization.
- Calculates and manages simple, small fee, non-complex project budgets.
- Prepares proposals and assists in preparation of large-scale proposals.
- Prepares design plans and specifications.
- Contacts vendors to research product applicability specific to project requirements.
- Plans and implements bench- and pilot-scale treatability studies.
- Prepares and generates routine reports and correspondence; writes reports.
- Reviews field reports prepared by staff specialists; provides guidance to field personnel.
- Supports construction through submittal reviews, oversight, and design input.
- Evaluates contractor’s performance against schedule, budget and specifications.
- Maintains successful client relations while working on multiple projects at one time.
- Works as part of an environmental design team that addresses remediation and wastewater projects.
- Follows company safety standards, site safety standards and audits subcontractor safety activities.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking an Environmental Engineer for work with remediation planning documents, engineering design, and construction in our Portland, Maine office. The work will involve supporting feasibility studies and treatment process designs on government and commercial remediation systems as well as engineering support during construction. The Wood Portland, Maine Office is a multi-disciplinary science/engineering/architecture team of 150+ staff that offers the opportunity to work on technically challenging projects for a wide range of clients throughout the US.
Portland, ME or New Nork, NY
The ideal candidate will have a solid background in environmental and treatment process engineering as well as excellent interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and will be a proactive problem solver. This position offers the opportunity to be a task leader on design components, to interact with clients and senior staff in Portland and other Wood offices, contribute to the growth of the environmental engineering design group, and collaborate engineering staff in multiple disciplines while executing the following roles/responsibilities:
- Prepare feasibility study evaluations and reports
- Design treatment systems, prepare engineering evaluations, and develop conceptual cost estimates.
- Prepare Work Plans, Operation and Maintenance Plans, Sampling and Analysis Plans, Feasibility Studies, and Remedial Action Plans
- Prepare environmental permit applications and compliance reports supporting remediation system operations (e.g., air permitting, sewer discharge permitting, etc.)
- Review plans, specifications and special provisions for remediation systems
- Prepare requests for proposals and assist in subcontractor procurement
- Oversee remedial action implementation
- Review and comment on contractor submittals
- Track payment applications, requests for information, change order requests and general construction phase submittals
- Conduct construction closeout activities including final inspections, completion of punch lists, record drawings, and contract closeout
- Oversee operation and maintenance of remediation systems and document site operations in routine monitoring reports
- Analyze and interpret environmental data and prepare routine monitoring reports
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking an experienced Paleontologist to work periodically on an as-needed, project basis with senior project managers, senior archaeologists and architectural historians, and other environmental staff to expand existing and new client relationships, contribute to Wood’s capacity in the environmental and engineering marketplace, and to:
- Conduct paleontological resource studies and surveys at various scales in compliance with CEQA, NEPA, and other federal, state and local laws and regulations;
- Construction monitoring; and
- Fossil salvage and geologic data collection.
The successful candidate will report to a Senior Program Manager or Qualified Paleontologist and work directly with environmental and paleontological resources specialists throughout California. Primary responsibilities will include providing technical assistance for paleontological assessments, construction monitoring, and fossil salvage in compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
Wood has an opportunity for a Sr. ROW Agent to support our ROW Team in the Houston area.
- Analyze parcels to evaluate potential problems
- Negotiation for acquisition of real property to achieve closing and meet schedule requirements
- Provide Relocation Assistance to displaced business and or residential owners/tenants
- Conducts County record searches for property information
- Ability to review Title and identify potential issues
- Provide proper documentation as required by the client
- Performs other duties as deemed necessary
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc. is currently seeking a staff level Toxicologist/Risk Assessor to join our team in Sacramento, California. Candidates with Bachelor’s degree in toxicology, environmental health, or related field and 2 to 5 years of experience in human health risk assessment are encouraged to apply.
Wood’s Sacramento, California office provides a broad range of services in engineering, earth and environmental sciences. Our Sacramento staff of approximately 45 engineers, geologist, scientists, and support personnel specializes largely in soil, groundwater, and sediment contamination assessment and remediation, and environmental compliance services. We provide comprehensive support through all phases of assessment and remediation, from preliminary screening through remedial investigation, feasibility study, remedial design, remedial action, and construction oversight. In addition, we provide storm water, hazardous materials, hazardous waste, and other environmental compliance services, mold and indoor air quality assessments, and other health/safety compliance services.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assist in a wide range of team support roles including: data evaluation; compilation of physical, exposure, and toxicity information; risk assessment calculations for sites with State or USEPA oversight
- Perform fate and transport modeling, including vapor intrusion, air dispersion, and leaching modeling
- Perform field sampling primarily involving the collection of soil vapor samples as well as documenting field activities
- Compile, organize, and evaluate field and laboratory data for incorporation into technical reports; recognize and identify discrepancies in results obtained in such assignments and follow-up with senior personnel to resolve these situations
- Perform research and prepare portions of project documents; responsible for preparing complete drafts of simple, non-complex technical reports; may also prepare drafts of portions of more complex technical reports
- Under supervision of the project manager or senior staff, may represent Wood and interact in a professional manner with client and subcontractor representatives while on field assignments; assist with client communications pertaining to specific assignments or meetings
- May travel to project sites primarily in California - Approximately <5% overnight travel
- Will develop a working understanding of and will apply company, client, and site Health and Safety standards
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Geotechnical and Materials Engineer to assist in execution of a wide range of projects related to energy, transportation, industrial/commercial, and government sectors. Exciting work environment including engineering for large projects (>$250k) related to dams, nuclear plants, transportation structures, commercial development, and government services. Role would be based in our Charlotte, North Carolina office.
The successful candidate should be flexible in assignments, willing to travel periodically, and eager to learn. Technical services work areas include:
- Focus will be on coordination and engineering for geotechnical and construction materials testing projects
- Performs field exploration, inspection, analysis; provides technical support with supervision of field, laboratory and office staff
- Performs field testing; uses geotechnical and civil equipment and instrumentation
- Interprets data and test results, performs geotechnical calculations, analyzes data with civil/geotechnical software, and assist in drafting reports
- Prepares field reports, internal correspondence, sections of formal reports
- Execution of field construction responsibilities
- May supervise subcontractors and/or company employees
- Follows company safety standards and site safety standards
- Contacts vendors; researches literature and regulatory requirements; prepares draft designs
- Conducts engineering or scientific calculations; design work, preliminary analysis, and layout
Wood's Portland Design Center is seeking a CADD technician specializing in Civil / Environmental design. The Portland Design Center is a multi-disciplinary engineering / architecture team with 75 engineers, architects, surveyors, designers and support staff. Wood offers the opportunity to work on technically challenging projects for a wide range of clients throughout the US from the relaxed environment of a small, vibrant city.
Key Qualifications / Responsibilities
- Work within multidiscipline design teams on wide variety of civil, civil / environmental and A / E projects, including site development, infrastructure, landfills, stream restoration, soil and groundwater remediation
- Civil CAD / Design and CAD support relative to grading, infrastructure and stormwater design
- Preparation of civil / environmental engineering construction and permitting drawings
- Develop surface models, pipe networks and earthwork quantities using AutoCAD Civil3D
- Understanding of coordinate geometry and land surveying
- Drawing production and engineering support of documents for local, state and federal permits
- Interact with coworkers, project teams and coordination with remote offices
- Conduct work in a professional and ethical manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Implementation of varying client CAD standards
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong computer skills
- Strong work ethic
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions’ Portland Design Center is seeking a junior to midlevel to Project Civil Design Engineer to carry out engineering design on multi-discipline design projects. The Design Center is a multi-disciplinary engineering/architecture team with 75 engineers, architects, surveyors, designers and support staff. Wood offers the opportunity to work on technically challenging projects for a wide range of clients throughout the US from the relaxed environment of Portland, Maine, a small, vibrant city.
- Work within multidiscipline design teams on wide variety of civil and civil/environmental projects, including site development, infrastructure, landfills, stream restoration, soil and groundwater remediation
- Prepare engineering design calculations and design reports
- Must have AutoCAD Civil3D knowledge for developing surface models and earthwork quantities
- Preparation of project permitting documents for local, state and federal permits
- Perform construction inspection and oversight activities
- Interact with coworkers, clients, and prospective clients while conducting work in a professional and ethical manner
- Must have ability and willingness to travel to project sites - approximately 20% overnight travel
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer. The Wood E&IS Portland, Maine Office is a multi-disciplinary science/engineering/architecture team of 150+ staff, located in one of the most livable cities in the US. Wood offers the technical challenges of projects located throughout the US within the relaxed environment of a small, vibrant city. This individual will; possess the ability to work as an integral part of a project team, interface with both internal and external project team members, and collaborate with multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Senior Electrical Engineer is responsible for developing electrical engineering designs for new facility construction and repairs, upgrades, and recommissioning of existing facilities
- Design requirements include construction plans, specifications, cost estimates, schedules, record drawings, material submittal reviews, construction inspection and development of construction programming documents
- Types of projects may include primary and secondary electrical distribution, transformers, wiring, interior electrical systems, communications, lighting, industrial controls and control systems, instrumentation and energy conservation
- The Electrical Engineer will be a member of the Portland Design Center
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer. The Wood E&IS Portland, Maine Office is a multi-disciplinary science/engineering/architecture team of 150+ staff, located in one of the most livable cities in the US. Wood offers the technical challenges of projects located throughout the US within the relaxed environment of a small, vibrant city. This individual will; possess the ability to work as an integral part of a project team, interface with both internal and external project team members, and collaborate with multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Have thorough knowledge of HVAC building systems. Experience with plumbing, fire protection, and electrical building systems a plus.
- Calculate heating and cooling loads using energy modeling.
- Survey the existing mechanical systems of buildings
- Design duct distribution and mechanical systems
- Energy Consumption and LEED experience.
- Manage engineering role of projects from design development through construction.
- Coordinate with other disciplines in the building design field and work in a team environment.
- Military and civilian fuel system experience desirable.
- Medical HVAC and plumbing desirable
- Manufacturing process and plant design desirable.