The Portland, ME Wood Environment and Infrastructure Solutions (formerly Amec Foster Wheeler) Design Center is seeking an Architect. This is a full-time position for a registered architect with a minimum of fifteen years’ experience.
This position is located in Portland, Maine, one of the most livable cities in the US. Wood offers the technical challenges of projects located throughout the US within the relaxed environment of a small, vibrant city. This individual will; possess the ability to work as an integral part of a project team, manage one or more projects during all phases of a project until completion, interface with both internal and external clients, collaborate with multi-disciplinary project teams. Our ideal candidate will be dynamic, creative, quality driven, have excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, and be a proactive problem solver.
- Responsible for project planning and development
- Lead multi-disciplinary project teams in design and production of contract documents
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent project assignments
- Develop content and execute architectural projects including drawings, specifications, and studies
- Collaborate with project managers, engineers, designers, and other project team members to carry out project requirements
- Prepare 2D and 3D presentation and production drawings
- Successfully manage and interface with in-house and consulting project teams and clients through all phases of projects
- Demonstrate ability, in a leadership role, in working with integrated architectural and engineering design teams in project design and documentation
- Ability and willingness to travel. Occasional field work to perform building survey assessments on regional, national, and/or global projects. Approximately 10% travel
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions
Summer 2019 Intern (multiple positions) Portland, Maine.
The Portland, Maine office of Wood (Amec Foster Wheeler is now part of Wood) is seeking summer interns in a variety of disciplines including:
- Structural Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Environmental Sciences
- Site Planning
- Energy Services
- Remediation Services
- Cost Estimating
- CADD Technicians/Designers
Located in Portland, Maine, one of the most livable cities in the US, Wood offers the technical challenges of projects located throughout the US within the relaxed environment of a small, vibrant city. Interns will work with multi-disciplinary project teams providing technical documentation, design, and drafting.
The key elements we seek from students are a good character, technical competency, motivation and the ability to work as a team.
- Will work under the supervision of a Registered Architect, Engineer, or Project Manager
- Will assist in the preparation of reports, databases, quantity take-offs, data analysis, cost estimates, engineering and/or architectural drawings, maps, renderings, and other related graphics as required to support design projects
- Will assist in executing architectural/industrial projects, including the production of drawings, plans, studies, and construction administration
- Projects include the design of industrial, commercial, federal and institutional facilities
- Occasional field work may be required under direct supervision only - Approximately 5% travel
- Assist with general office tasks
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Project Administrative Assistant to join our team in Fresno, CA. The candidate will have diversified administrative duties providing administrative support for the business unit.
- Perform a variety of project administration duties, including spreadsheet maintenance, preparation of contract forms for approval, distribution of reports
- Type and proofread memoranda, reports, letters, charts, graphs using word processing, spreadsheet and data management applications
- Take notes at meetings and prepares minutes
- Prepare and process paperwork necessary for purchase orders, prepare client invoices packages, code vendor invoices, etc.
- Compile accurate data to prepares reports as needed
- Handle SharePoint maintain sites for projects and programs
- Assist with proposal and reports including formatting, mail merging, proofreading, shipping, copying, report collating, binding and word processing
- Assist with filing and other word processing
- Assist project coordinators with project deliverables
- Enter information into spreadsheets and databases, perform searches and run reports
- Interact with employees, clients, subcontractors and vendors etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Are you a Civil Engineer with 0-5 years of experience? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm on technically complex projects and with opportunities for personal and professional growth? Are you looking for a firm that values its employee’s enthusiasm and technical contributions? Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is growing, and we have a career opportunity for an Entry-Level Civil Engineer to join our dynamic Corpus Christi, TX team.
- Develop high quality, safety focused, leading edge sustainable engineering solutions to our clients for the oil & gas, municipal or equivalent industries for design services focused around facility operations, industrial water/wastewater treatment process evaluation & process design, facilities planning, engineering, permitting & compliance, construction, operations, and general civil/industrial engineering services
- Participate in engineering conceptual design and feasibility studies (pre FEED, FEED, FEL1, FEL2, and FEL3) as required to support the projects; understand and include process engineering information required to support permitting process
- Preparation of client air, water, solid waste permits
- Direct sampling and analyses, document preparation, arrange and conduct agency meetings, arrange publications and public hearings, direct air and water modeling, water effects studies, protects and appeals
- Demonstrate ownership of health & safety in all aspects of project execution, office and personal environments
- Develop site specific H&S plans for projects, as assisted by Wood safety professionals
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Water Treatment Operator to join our team in Butte, MT.
Would you like to be part of helping to improve the water quality for Butte, MT? Do you enjoy maintaining and troubleshooting electrical and mechanical pumping and filtration systems? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established environmental firm that values its employee’s enthusiasm and contributions? We encourage you to apply to join our team of friendly, dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and the opportunity to make a difference.
- Under the direct supervision of the Lead Facility Operator and OM&M Manager, will be responsible for the overall repair, water sampling and maintenance of water treatment operations
- Will operate, maintain, monitor controls and perform repairs to all water treatment facility process equipment, including pumps, motors, blowers, air compressors, chemical feed systems and basic laboratory equipment to ensure that treated water meets discharge quality standards
- When properly trained, will make treatment and operational changes to the water treatment process to meet water quality discharge standards in coordination with the Lead Facility Operator and the OM&M Manager
- Will perform onsite routine water testing analyses, such as pH, titration, and turbidity
- Will routinely prepare and submit water samples to certified testing lab for analysis and reporting to meet required quality standards
- Promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking an Engineer-In-Training/Design Professional with experience in water resources, and civil design, and/or solid waste design to support a rapidly-growing Civil / Water Resources Engineering team. The ideal candidate will be an energetic, self-motivated professional with experience in engineering design as well as drawing preparation and assembly in the AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or MicroStation platforms.
The ideal candidate will be an integral part of Wood’s Columbia, SC Civil / Water Resources Engineering team with an opportunity to work on a variety of important projects that are positively impacting the environment while supporting our clients’ business objectives. The candidate will work with and be mentored by our water resources and civil design professionals while supporting projects across the Carolinas and the Southeast. Engineering efforts will include preparing design calculations, developing computer models (WaterCAD, HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, HEC-Geo-RAS, Storm CAD, SWMM and FLO-2D), quantity take offs, cost estimates, plans & specifications, report preparation and writing. Additionally, candidate will work closely in a multi-disciplinary team environment to develop Section 404/401 and NPDES Permit Applications.
Familiarity with State and local drainage design standards, policies and procedures and a good working knowledge of Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), USACE, and SCDHEC Guidelines and Specifications is a plus.
- Independently perform hydrologic and hydraulic modeling of riverine systems
- Perform field investigations and GIS data processing to obtain data necessary for hydrologic and hydraulic modeling
- Prepare floodplain and watershed studies and watershed/stormwater master planning
- Prepare project reports
- Work with a team of water resources engineers and GIS specialists
- Supervise technicians as necessary
- Support stream restoration and other water resources design projects
- Some travel/field work may be required
- Support Gas & Electric Transmission Line Section 404/401 and NPDES Permit Submittals
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Senior Environmental Scientist to join our team in Portland, OR.
- Managing projects or tasks on large projects in one or more disciplines such as site characterization, remediation, and environmental compliance
- Performing, or providing oversight and management of staff performing, field data collection, and field work involving groundwater monitoring well installations, collecting soil, groundwater, surface water, and sediment samples as well as documenting field activities and observations
- Evaluating, selecting, and applying standard techniques, procedures, or calculations to perform a task or sequence of tasks for conventional projects; Using judgment to determine adaptations in methods for non-routine aspects of assignments; Receives direction on unconventional and/or complex problems, and offers possible solutions
- Compiling, organizing, and evaluating field and laboratory data for incorporation into technical reports Recognizing and identifying discrepancies in results obtained in such assignments and follows up with senior personnel to resolve these situations
- Performing research, moderate design tasks, and preparation of project documents; Responsible for preparing complete drafts of straightforward technical reports; may also prepare draft components of more complex technical reports, manuals, and field reports
- Willing and able to problem solve, adapt to site conditions, and develop solutions while in the field and office setting
- Representing Wood and interacting in a professional manner with client and subcontractor representatives and the general public while on field assignments; Assisting with client communication pertaining to specific assignments or meetings
- Participating in proposal preparation and project planning including developing work scope, task-level budgets, and cost estimates; performing calculations, gathering or reviewing information, or preparing standard sections of proposals
- Developing a working understanding of and will apply company, client, and site Health and Safety and quality standards
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Deputy Site Manager to join our project team in Columbus, GA. The successful candidate will assist the site Project Manager in the oversight of facility operations and maintenance (O&M) activities at a large aerospace parts manufacturing facility, covering such services as preventive maintenance, facility repairs/upgrades, and building automation. Project Management skills are key, especially in regards to managing budgets, schedules, subcontractor management, and overall contract compliance. The ideal candidate is polished, engaging and energetic, able to assemble and manage a cohesive team and deliver all contractual obligations safely.
- Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports
- Responsible for the cost, schedule, and technical performance, including responding to urgent and emergency situations
- Ensures that all work performed on behalf of the company meets the highest quality
- Successfully manages Subcontractors to ensure they perform work in accordance with contract requirements
- Develops and reviews detailed scopes of work for various repair and maintenance activities ranging from routine maintenance to emergency repair activities
- Ensures federal, state, local and corporate policy and regulatory compliance
- Enforces safety standards to achieve a safety culture where no accidents occur
- Evaluates schedules to deconflict work assignments where there are task and resource conflicts
- Prepares reports documenting operations and maintenance performance
- Must read and completely understand the contract under which the company will be operating and be able to make decisions that ensure contract compliance
- Effectively uses CMMS to track work requirements
- Attends client meetings to discuss that status of ongoing and future work
Wood’s Salt Lake City team is growing and we are seeking Construction Engineering Technicians to perform construction testing and inspections for transportation, commercial, mining and industrial, projects. We have opportunities for experienced technicians with ACI and other certifications. We also have opportunities for motivated individuals without construction testing or inspection experience looking to start a career.
Do you enjoy working outdoors and the construction industry? Are you reliable, and do you have a good driving record? If so, we encourage you to apply for this opportunity!
- Under immediate supervision, perform routine field sampling/testing and/or laboratory testing of soil, base, aggregate, Portland cement concrete, asphaltic concrete and masonry in accordance with established procedures and standard methods established by AASHTO, ASTM, UDOT or other agency with appropriate, properly calibrated testing equipment
- Under immediate supervision, perform field inspections and observations of construction activities to ensure compliance with project plans, approved shop/working drawings, project documents and specifications in accordance with established procedures
- Prepare and submit accurate, legible, comprehensive and complete testing and/or inspection reports on a daily basis in accordance with established quality procedures
- Upon additional training, perform field tests on materials and completed work using standard methods established by AASHTO, ASTM, UDOT or other agency with appropriate, properly calibrated testing equipment
- Perform analysis or calculations to check accuracy, applicability and reasonableness of testing data
- Maintain assigned equipment and related calibration
- Follow safety rules and practices and other safety requirements for all projects, perform pre-task planning prior to executing work, and report any safety issues or concerns to management
Wood is currently recruiting for an Operations Readiness Lead with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. The successful candidate will lead an operations team for a single large project / several smaller or earlier phase developments. Manage of Operations Readiness practitioners who are responsible for Operations Readiness within an integrated multi discipline program or from beginning to end; customer and stakeholder management, scope definition, program development, planning, organization, resources, execution, assurance, close out and capturing of lessons learned, as a subject matter expert or in delivering a specific theme within the program.
- Provide operational requirements for design and assist in resolving design/operation differences with the design engineering team through
- Actively engaging and influence design team by
- Attending design meetings
- Promoting best practices and lesson learnt from past project or operating experiences
- Providing Operations and Maintenance practicality to design proposals and arrangements
- Provide operational/maintenance review of all equipment specification and data sheets to validate Operational requirements are met:
- Sparing requirements
- Isolation requirements
- Spare parts requirements
- Specific training
- Pressure ratings
- HFE Standards
- Ensure OR&A participation in TQs SQs & Management of Change (MoC) proposals
- Develop, review and/or approve pertinent project procedure
- Startup, Operating, Maintenance, System Check-out Procedures, etc.
- Utilize Performance Agreement between Operations and other disciplines to ensure clarity and accountability for shared work products
- Understand and utilize the assurance and control frameworks
- Ensure a forum for documenting, filing, and communicate design decisions, with Operations concurrence
- Document and share flaws and lessons learned for future projects
- Represent OR in Project HSE Studies & Reviews e.g. participate in HAZOPS, Audits, PSUA and actively bring closure to action items and closure document actions taken
- Ensure timely completion of OR assigned action items
- Utilize other OR staff to validate and get feedback on your OR activities
- Provide opportunity and maintain interface management with other OR personnel and other project disciplines
- Established network with OR practitioners
- Responsible for leading, managing and maintaining plans schedules for Project and other OR deliveries
Implementing Quality Project Delivery for “right first time” start up, identifying and mitigating issues that could lead to delays and unnecessary project and operations costs
Implementing Project to Asset Handover strategy, to define the project deliverables required for handover of the asset and to ensure that the operations have the capability to operate and maintain the asset from the moment of handover
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc. currently has a career opportunity available for a Construction Materials Testing (CMT) Manager with our Jacksonville, FL team.
Are you a Construction Materials Professional who enjoys technical work as well as client development? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established consulting firm that values its employees’ enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career.
- Lead and supervise the materials testing services business in our Jacksonville office, with responsibility for managing the day to day operations of the field and laboratory testing organization
- Perform business development efforts to provide diversification, development, and growth of services through new business opportunities and expansion of business with existing clients, and assist in proposal preparation
- Schedule and coordinate field and laboratory engineering technicians and inspectors
- Compile, review and approve lab and field reports; must have sound knowledge of laboratory and field testing procedures / standards as well as daily inspection reports
- Review technician timesheets and daily reports for completeness and accuracy
- Manage the organization’s vehicle fleet
- Oversee safety and radiation safety of laboratory and field operations
- Controlling labor utilization at peak levels and equipment up keep, calibrations, and
- Be responsible for implementing the project in accordance with project specifications and QA plan
- Serve as a primary interface with project site representatives
- Utilize sound judgment and experience to make decisions as required
- Supervise and manage technicians for hiring / retainage / training / growth potential
Wood has a long tradition delivering Transmission and Design projects globally to a wide and established client base. Due to recent growth we are expanding our resources through the South East of America to provide enhanced local support to our customers.
Wood currently have an exciting opportunity for a Distribution Designer. Reporting to the Distribution Lead Engineer, this position can be located in our Orlando or West Palm Beach, FL, offices. If you are looking to strengthen and enhance your skills, thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment and are looking for that next step in the growth of your career, this is the opportunity for you.
- Supporting engineering of distribution electrical projects through the entire project lifecycle: from conceptual and feasibility, though detailed design, and into construction and into service
- Supporting overhead and underground distribution engineering projects by clearly defining scopes of work, completing cost estimates, performing engineering calculations, and developing detailed design drawings
- Supporting documentation processed for projects including technical specifications, tender documents, technical reports and project calculations
- Providing construction support and responding to information requests during construction and completing project documentation including as-builts, calculations and return of data to the client
- Traveling and visiting project sites during design and construction
Wood is currently seeking a ProjectHealth, Safety, Security & Environmental (HSSE) Manager for a project assignment in locations yet to be determined
The position of Project HSSE Manager reports directly to the Project Manager and indirectly to the Area HSSE Manager for the Wood Process & Energy Construction Group. The position calls for candidates with passion and drive. This is a senior level role that requires a high level of commitment and dedication to the Safety, Health, Environment, Security and wellbeing of large work force on a major construction project. The ideal candidate will have education, training, and experience in the fields of occupational safety and health commensurate with the desired position. 10 plus years on similar roles five which must be in HSSE leadership. This includes experience with behavior based programs and concepts, training, injury case management, program development, personnel management, leadership development, site management, supervisor engagement, client interaction, management counsel, injury care, and other HSSE experience that may not be listed here.
Key Aims & Objectives
- To actively seek and correct the gaps between good safety performance and great safety performance
- Positively influence all stakeholders by action, belief and conviction in the human system of safety management
- Improve performance by setting an example of no compromise safety excellence
Prime Responsibilities & Duties
- Provide technical and behavioral leadership and guidance to the assigned Project
- Review existing policies and procedures, making recommendations for improvement
- Assist in the development of new HSSE policies and procedures to meet Project and overall Wood needs
- Lead and support development and implementation of HSSE management systems that support the Project needs. These can include site-specific plans and programs
- Utilize Wood audit protocols for all PPA location
- Lead or participate in investigation of incidents and prepare incident report(s)
- Regularly communicate the status of the Project’s HSSE culture and performance with Project and Corporate Management
- Assist in the planning, recognition, evaluation, and mediation of risk for the Project
- Provide oversight for contractors and subcontractors as necessary to ensure compliance with Wood policy and procedure
- Maintain expert knowledge and assure compliance with all applicable legislative, client, and Wood requirements for the Project
- Facilitate and/or conduct HSSE training for the project as needed, and assure training is tracked internally as required
- Participant in various leadership initiatives currently established in PPA
- Communicate effectively and regularly with Wood employees, supervision, and management
- Provide injury management and care for employees, and provide timely and accurate reporting with internal and external support (including, but not limited to; claims processing, return to work, light duty assignment closure of claims and resolving discrepancies as needed)
- Compile and share safety lessons learned across Wood
Wood is currently recruiting for an experienced Lead Mechanical Engineer extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
- Assurance that personnel within the Instrument group are competent, identify inadequacies in personnel and proposing solutions such as training, coaching or replacement and that the correct competent personnel are matched to the task at hand
- Responsibility for the integration of the electrical design into the overall project work-scope, and ensuring that Commissioning, Maintenance and Operational requirements are included within the design
- Maintain the required technical quality of work produced by discipline assigned staff
- Ensure that the work output of discipline assigned staff complies with the relevant procedures
- Provide technical assistance to discipline staff as required
- Responsible for input to project plans and schedules, achievement of agreed schedule, during the course of any project or study or early identification of project areas of concern with necessary corrective action identified
- Keep up-to-date with technical developments, state, national and international standards and legislative requirements related to the scope of the discipline
- Assist in developing the knowledge and skills of the discipline assigned staff, including assisting in the training and technical development of engineers
- Be aware and understand the business drivers within the Client organization and how these can be influenced by innovated designs and minimum cost solutions
- Approval of all engineering documents created by the Instrument team (inclusive of PE responsibilities)
- Review work/work output of discipline assigned staff as required
- Prepare estimates and assist in the review of proposed schedules
- Ensure that results of any development work are fully utilized in discipline activities
- Provide technical assistance to other disciplines as required
- Providing documentation and drawing deliverables for inclusion in workpacks and, or design books on time to meet project deadlines
- Ensuring documentation is technically correct and all relevant engineering management system processes are applied to each scope
- Taking part and contributing to construction risk assessments and construction method statements (where required)
- Responsible as a key member of any Project team for achieving the Project target and completion of the Project within the budget and schedule
- Preparation of engineering scope for both staff hours and equipment estimates (where necessary)
- Responsible for assessing and identifying deviations to standards, that will benefit Wood & Client, and gaining acceptance of Client Technical Authorities
- Participate as necessary in discussions with Clients and visit job sites as required
- Assist the Lead Discipline Engineer when requested in the execution of their responsibilities and duties
- Progress of the works under their control and the achievement of targets and responsible for reporting progress as per company systems and procedures
- Producing engineering deliverables registers and controlling the works against those registers
- Supervision of Mechanical staff under their control and responsibility for the technical quality of work produced by them
- Be conversant and knowledgeable with respect to current and new legislation and standards e.g., BS, API, ASME and Client codes and standards, Federal, State & OSHA Regulations
- Identification of appropriate resources for engineering works and forward planning of resources, taking into account cross site requirements
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc. (Wood) is seeking a Water Resources/Drainage Engineer to join our Transportation Group in Chicago, IL. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and able to work on projects involving multidisciplinary teams. The position is in support of project assignments related to drainage engineering, stormwater management, and surface water modeling for transportation/traffic, site development, and water/wastewater infrastructure.
- Work on simple and complex hydrologic, hydraulic, infrastructure and water resources designs and analyses
- Oversee and conduct the collection, management, evaluation and interpretation of data from the natural and built environment
- Design, develop, calibrate, apply and document hydrologic and hydraulic models to analyze river systems, storm water systems, wastewater systems, dams, levees, bridges and culverts primarily for transportation projects
- Prepare technical reports that summarize analyses and recommendations
- Prepare design documents and construction drawings for civil engineering projects
- Coordinate and manage water resources, utility design and/or storm water management projects
- Work collaboratively with other Wood offices, clients, environmental regulators on project related work
- Work with our team to identify and develop hydrologic and hydraulic business opportunities including Flood Control, Storm Water Management, Natural Stream Restoration, Wastewater Collection / Management and Sustainable Green Infrastructure
- Coordinate with project management teams and other discipline leads to manage project deliverables, ensuring schedule and budget are achieve
- Assist in proposal preparation including innovative technical approaches and competitive pricing
- Prepare and perform client presentations
- Follow Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Policies, Procedures, Standards and Guidelines in the execution of all work
Wood Environment and Infrastructure Solutions, Inc. is currently seeking a Geotechnical Engineering Intern (EI) or Engineer in Training (EIT) to join our team in Albuquerque or Las Cruces, NM. The successful candidate will be involved in a variety of geotechnical engineering projects for federal agencies, NMDOT, cities and municipalities throughout New Mexico, and private sector clients. Projects generally include subsurface explorations, foundation engineering, pavement design, site characterization, slope stability, natural hazards assessment, and geotechnical construction observation and testing.
- Performing outdoor, all-season, on-site geotechnical field tasks such as fill construction, foundation installation observation and testing, subsurface explorations, and construction monitoring
- Conducting subsurface geotechnical investigations in connection with building, infrastructure and other development projects
- Providing field engineering consultation and analysis of subsurface data and construction conditions
- Writing drafts of field and engineering reports
- Providing geotechnical monitoring and using instrumentation to record vibrations, settlements, slope movements, water levels, and other critical engineering data
- Reducing and summarizing engineering data for inclusion in reports for clients, preparing plans
- Documenting and preparing reports on the geotechnical aspects of construction projects
- Performing geotechnical computer modeling and analysis of deep and shallow foundation settlements, lateral pile analyses, slope stability, pavement design
- Familiarity with standard geotechnical software programs including but not limited to Lpile, GSTABL, Slide, SlopeW, Driven, Settle3D, GROUP, SHAFT, Gint, AllPile, and GRLWEAP, or related software programs, a plus but not required
- Collaboration and participation in technical discussions with team members
- Will travel to project sites mostly in New Mexico - Approximately 10% overnight travel
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions has a career opportunity for a Certified Health Physicist to lead the Radiological Engineering group to support our expanding D&D operations in the US and internationally. The Lead Radiological Engineer (CHP) will be part of the operational team which includes Radiation Protection, Technology Deployment and Project Delivery to support decommissioning and other radiological work at reactors, government, and commercial sites. Additionally, they will work with the Advanced Technology Group to provide health physics support and consultation as part of ongoing technology development.
- Provide technical radiological expertise to customers, (both internal and external) with a focus on decontamination and decommissioning work
- Development and implementation of Decommissioning Plans, Radiological Characterization Plans, Radiological Work Plans and other D&D implementation documents
- Radiological dose assessments, and development of ALARA programs to reduce doses
- Design and implementation of MARSSIM Final Status Survey Plans
- Developing Quality Assurance Project Plans, following the DQO’s process
- Work with the Advanced Technology Group, by providing health physics expertise to support the development of new technology
- Work with Customers and Stakeholders to develop Site Specific DCGL’s and clean up goals
- May supervise one or more technical personnel implementing D&D projects
- Effectively communicate with customers, regulators, field technicians, and project management personnel
- Liaise with Project Delivery, Radiation Protection, and Technology Deployment Section staff to ensure that radiological D&D projects are properly executed
- Based in Grand Junction CO and will travel to project sites in the US and internationally - Approximately 30% overnight travel
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeing an Application Developer to join our Water & Technology Services consulting practice in Nashville, TN. We are a growing and dynamic group of technical professionals that offers a wide range of engineering consulting services. Our clients span governmental and commercial entities, local to international, and our projects involve solving real-world environmental & infrastructure problems.
The Application Developer position will work with a team of engineers, scientists, and GIS analysts to provide support for enterprise, geospatial, decision support, and content/data management systems for web, mobile and desktop platforms. The majority of development will be done in C# and .NET MVC; however, additional programming languages and frameworks will be used on various projects on an as-needed basis. The majority of the software we develop include a spatial component such as a mapping website, mobile data collection, or tools for analyzing spatial data. We routinely work on multiple projects in fields such as GIS, 3D modeling, flood risk analysis, environmental protection, and civil engineering. As such, we get to learn new technologies on a regular basis.
This position is targeting a Mid-level professional with five to ten years of experience.
- Provide technical support to a project team, including debugging others’ code
- Development of and adherence to project schedules and budgets
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking an Associate Mechanical Engineer/Director of Design Group to join our dynamic team in Orlando, FL. The ideal candidate will have a background in MEP design, energy efficiency, have leadership experience, good communication skills and ability to work with a group of experienced professionals.
Are you a Mechanical Engineer who enjoys technical aspects of projects, project management and energy efficient design and commissioning work? Do local, national and international projects appeal to you? We also need you to use your leadership skills to lead a design team. We have an excellent career opportunity in our international organization. We are looking for an individual with technical and project leadership capabilities. In this position you will provide solutions for your clients and lead technical initiatives.
- Work on technical assignments (both field and office) and support HVAC design and energy related projects
- Field assignments are local, national and international depending on technical capabilities and desire to travel; Overnight travel is estimated to be about 15%
- The engineer in this position will lead a small team of mechanical engineers and be responsible for the final deliverables
- Typical team assignments will include HVAC retrofit projects, interfacing with clients and contractors, project cost estimation, energy auditing of large HVAC systems and controls, identification of energy conservation measures, boiler and chiller plant upgrades, DDC systems and building stimulation energy modeling
- Strong commitment to company’s safety program; follow company safety standards, site safety standards and maintain safe workplace practices
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions s seeking a Receptionist / Office Assistant for our office in Costa Mesa, CA.
- Answer phones
- Mail/overnight shipments
- Payables/check requests/lmageNow
- Set up vendors/A/P requests from vendors
- Assist PM's with PO’s for projects
- Assist Stormwater group with mailings
- Unpack office supplies
- Manage shipments received for staff
- Schedule meetings/set up conference rooms
- Open/close office
- Order supplies
- Data checking
- Miscellaneous assistance with project work
- Miscellaneous office help