Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc. currently has a career opportunity available for a Construction Services Manager with our Jacksonville, FL team to lead and grow our CEI and CMT business in the Northeast Florida area.
Are you a Construction Materials or Construction Engineering and Inspection Professional who enjoys technical work as well as client development? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established consulting firm that values its employees’ enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career.
- Lead and grow our CEI and CMT business line
- Assume responsibility of soliciting FDOT opportunities via prime or sub contract
- Technical expertise in assessing the behavior/ performance of construction materials including soils, asphalt, concrete, stone, and rock
- Familiarity with laboratory tests and field NDT methods
- Oversee Laboratory Quality System / Assurance
- Preparing proposals and estimates for new projects
- Reviewing technical work and reports prepared by others
- Managing projects so that schedules and budget are met
- Building a competitive and productive team of CEI and CMT technicians and supporting staff
- Business development with government agencies, suppliers, materials manufacturers, A/E firms, attorneys, contractors, developers, etc.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently recruiting for a Mid/Senior Mechanical Engineer in the Pittsburgh, PA, area. The position will support Wood’s engineering and design efforts for environmental and industrial projects with a focus on waste and water treatment. The position will work among multi-disciplinary engineering and environmental teams executing both local and domestic projects for a variety of heavy industry and municipal Wood clients. This is a unique opportunity for an experienced professional with an entrepreneurial mindset to support a growing design practice. This individual will; be a self-starter able to foster internal and external relationships, while possessing the ability to work as an integral part of a project team.
- Serve as a lead engineer for design projects, studies for water/wastewater treatment, and industrial projects
- Conduct engineering assessments on equipment such as, tanks, pressure vessels, pump stations, and or electrical/control systems
- Perform engineering calculations associated with pump, piping, pressure vessels, tanks, structural support, and heat exchangers
- Survey existing plant, process, mechanical and electrical/ control systems and equipment
- Prepare PFDs, P&IDs (ISA), general arrangement drawings, plan specifications, design reports, estimates, and HAZOPs
- Complete engineering tasks consistent with a working knowledge of design codes such as ASME, API, SSPC, AWWA, OSHA, NFPA, ASTM and AWS
- Interface with OEM vendors and contractors
- Prepare project schedules in software such as MS Project
- Manage engineering roles from planning to design through startup/commissioning
- Provide leadership/mentoring to junior engineers and technicians
- Support management of projects including project budgets and schedules
- Support business development and marketing efforts such as identification of prospects, development of pursuit strategies, and proposals
- Participate in local and national water and or industrial professional organizations
- Serve as subject matter technical expert where applicable
- Compile and present results from engineering studies through customer meeting presentations and milestone project reports
Wood is currently seeking a Commercial Manager to join their team, located in their Tucker, Georgia office.
**US Only- Authorization to work permanently in the US without sponsorship required.
Key member of the Service Line Commercial team and who ensures that the commercial interests of key service line projects are protected in the pre-contract phase such that contracts are won on terms which optimise the potential for profitability.
Ensure that risks are effectively managed in the pre-contract and post contract phases of projects and to ensure that commercial entitlement under contracts pursued and obtained. This includes developing strategies and objectives, budgets and forecasts in support of strategies, contractual exceptions, negotiations, administration and monitoring, analysing, and reporting project commercial and contractual performance with a focus on commercial and financial excellence.
- Maintain and promote a safe working environment and demonstrate correct HSSEA behaviours and leadership
- Act ethically and with the utmost integrity at all times
- Strong commercial and contractual acumen, leadership and direction for Service Line Strategic Projects.
- Input to strategic project tenders/proposals including contract, scope and pricing qualifications.
- Review and support of Strategic Project monthly risk / management reviews.
- that strategic project contracts are reviewed, qualified and negotiated in accordance with Company Contracting Policy and that appropriate third party flow down agreements are conformed accordingly
- that tender and change order pricing is accurate and in accordance with relevant Company policies and procedures and contractual entitlements
- that effective risk management practices and governance are in place to minimise exposures, maximise recoveries and support delivery of strategic projects in accordance with corporately approved positions, including any KPI schemes and inter-company transactions
- that effective handover from pre contract to post contract phase of projects to support above
- that processes are in place to ensure the effective administration of contracts, including the timely submission of variation/change order requests
- Provision of commercial and contractual advice in connection with Supply Chain matters.
- Liaise and coordinate:
- with Tax, Finance, Project Controls, SCM, Insurance and Legal Departments in order to ensure that all contracts and any contractual financial mechanisms are delivered in accordance with all Company relevant policies and contractual requirements Project Controls and Finance to assure that end life forecasting and cost/value reporting is undertaken in accordance with relevant Company policies such that the appropriate revenues, provisions and accruals are recognised
Wood is currently looking for a Reporting Accountant and Analyst based out of our Corporate Office in Springboro, Ohio.
** US Only- Authorization to work permanently in the US without sponsorship required.
Reports to: Controller
Supervises: None at this time
Reason for Position:
This role will be vital to the success of the corporation through support of the accounting department. With the growth of the corporation, this role will provide the analytics and reporting needed to manage short-term and long-term results along with the day-to-day operations of the Company. They will provide information needed for corporate reports from various departments. They will provide analytics of equipment and labor utilization.
- Create and maintain reports to include Accounting, Payroll, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Equipment utilization and any other ad hoc requests.
- Work with Equipment, Operations and Finance teams to provide analysis and make recommendations.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly and annual financial statement reports including cost to complete reports.
- Create and maintain reforecasts and budgets.
- Provide variance analysis.
- Assist auditors with data and report requests.
- Assist in month and year end closing and annual audit.
The Wood Relocations and Furniture Department is a full service team capable of handling any needs. We handle internal and external moves with an in-house staff consisting of four teams. We have four company trucks that are equipped with a lift gate along with a 24' rented moving truck and specialized equipment to get the job done. You will be asked to provide your own steel toe shoes. The mission of the Relocations and Furniture Department is to preserve, maintain and improve the infrastructure while also providing various services to the clients’ in support of their respective missions in the most cost effective manner and without sacrifice to quality.
Work is performed primarily indoors requiring the use of hand and power tools and other equipment and exposing the employee to dust, dirt, noise, lifting, climbing, crawling, and the hazards of working around power tools. (Driving and truck hazards also).
- Relocation of employees as well as clients
- Hanging pictures and boards (white and cork)
- Rearranging office furnishings
- Assembly of various items
- Repair or replace broken furniture
- Reconfiguring cubicles to accommodate Projects
- Supply furniture keys
- Ergonomic Adjustments
- New Hire office check
- Building walks
- Office checks for new hire and clients as well
- We also provide necessary furniture for projects, clients and departments
- Boxes will be delivered for Relocation
- OTHER JOB DUTIES:
- Set up and tear down of company events
- Maintain company trucks
- Manage individual building storage units
- Office walkthroughs that consist of looking for boxes, making sure all offices are set to standard kick plates are up no electrical cord sticking out from cubicles.
- Sending out job completions
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc. has an opening for a staff level Geologist in our Sacramento, CA office to provide environmental consulting services in support of public and private clientele. This position requires an individual with effective communication skills as significant client, agency, public, and team interactions are expected. Candidates should be self-motivated and able to work on projects with variable complexity with the desire and ability to mentor and build a strong support team. This position includes both office and field work on project sites in and out of California.
- Perform field work: observations and data collection involving soil borings, test trench excavations, groundwater monitoring well installations; collecting soil, groundwater, surface water, and sediment samples; and documenting field activities
- Field activities may include oversight of remediation subcontractors during remediation activities
- Perform standard or routine calculations, input data into and/or run standard or, in some cases advanced computer programs under supervision
- Recognize and identify discrepancies in results obtained in such assignments and follow-up with senior personnel to resolve these situations
- May be responsible for preparing complete drafts of simple, non-complex technical reports under the supervision of Project and Senior Scientists
- Under supervision of the project manager or senior staff, represent Wood and interact in a professional manner with clients, regulators, and subcontractor representatives while on field assignments
- Understands and applies company, client, and site Health and Safety standards
Wood is currently recruiting for a Subsea Commissioning & Start-up Lead Engineer to support our team in Houston, TX. The Subsea Commissioning & Start-up Lead Engineer will report to the Subsea Support Team Lead and ensure that all commissioning and start-up related activities are planned, managed and executed to Wood and client’s specifications.
The ideal candidate will have relevant subsea commissioning, handover and start-up experience in the Oil & Gas offshore industry, specifically in the start-up planning, procedure development, subsea pre-commissioning/commissioning of all main subsea infrastructure, systems and system classifications (ITRs &FTRs), handover certification, general subsea installation, intervention and operations. Familiarity with Subsea interfaces and subsea equipment topside is preferred.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in upcoming opportunities and develop our Subsea Support Team and Construction Management offering.
- Ensure compliance with the Company HSE Policy and ensure safety is of foremost importance for all engineering and execution of personal and team activities;
- Technically competent with commissioning and start-up hardware and execution techniques for subsea equipment;
- An understanding of onshore or topside equipment that interfaces with the subsea system equipment and related start-up, testing & commissioning equipment,
- Held a commissioning and start-up lead role on multiple subsea projects;
- Managed the bidding process for commissioning contractors and subcontractors;
- An understanding of start-up and turnaround operations, processes and associated engineering workflows and deliverables;
- Experience in chairing risk assessments and have an excellent understanding of project process related to risks;
- A thorough understanding of regulatory compliance and codes & standards relating to start-up and commissioning;
- Able to develop a detailed project execution plan specifically for start-up and commissioning showing sequences, system breakdowns and risks.
- Fully versed in the writing, reviewing and development of related procedures, reports, specifications, schedules, plans and drawings (P&IDs, block diagrams etc);
- Capable of performing project management activities – schedule and cost planning and reporting;
- Had significant relevant offshore experience;
- The ability to go offshore/on-site and lead execution commissioning & start-up scopes;
- Fully conversant with area, or offshore asset, planning and associated issues and interfaces;
- The ability to lead a multiple team effort and interface with multiple disciplines, subcontractors and client parties;
Wood is currently recruiting for a Maintenance Consultant with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. The ideal candidate will have experience with the development of Asset Maintenance data and develop maintenance in accordance with relevant regulatory framework, legislation changes, initiatives and industry technology developments.
- Develop and optimise maintenance tasks
- Develop improved maintenance task instructions specific to asset equipment for offshore and onshore assets
- Accountable for quality and timely delivery of discipline project deliverables
- Develop, review and optimise Asset hierarchies and Bill of Materials
- Support the review and participate in FMEAs, RCMs and Crtical Equipment Review and Assessments
- Adhere to and comply with relevant discipline specific company and CLIENT procedures in execution of work activities. Provide feedback for continuous improvement of procedures, if applicable
- Provide technical support to other team members
- Support the assembly and integration of equipment maintenance strategy packages (Maintenance Plans, items, etc)
- Review equipment criticality I accordance with statutory regulations, manufacturer and Client’s maintenance standards
Wood seeks a Site Manager for EPC/Solar construction projects valued between $25-30 million per project.
In this mission-critical role, the individual will oversee all craft employees, engineering disciplines, daily reporting, subcontractors and third-party vendors. The ideal candidate will have multiple years of solar construction project experience and experience managing up to 12-13 Direct supervisors. These projects will primarily be located in the VA/NC area.
- Manage daily onsite field operations and contract administration including safety, personnel, subcontract scheduling, non-standard material procurement, equipment, and schedule.
- Support safety plan development.
- Chair / lead daily, weekly and monthly onsite meetings with the construction teams, subcontractors and client representatives as required.
- Contract management: identify potential change orders including scope, field conditions, ability to perform as-bid with means, and methods.
- Manage subcontractor and vendor relationships; identify and mitigate potential risk and cost-overrun exposure.
- Plan with project superintendents and the project director applicable equipment types, personnel skill sets, means, methods, and updating schedules.
- Maintain accurate cost accounting, schedule impacts, and fully-authorized change order logs, and updated communication logs.
- Submit monthly cost to complete projections to the project manager.
- Prepare and submit monthly progress reports on overall site performance as it relates to cost, schedule, safety, and quality.
- Manage the contract value amount and schedule changes as they are affected by weather, changed conditions, authorized and pending change orders, and accurate quantities completed.
- Report weekly quantities completed accurately to the project manager.
- Complete accurate weekly budget changes.
- Verify, sign and reconcile all change orders every 30 days (upstream to the customer and downstream to vendors and subcontractors).
- Update change order log to verify current contract amount.
- Coordinate all equipment and material acquisitions through procurement.
- Accurately track and record subcontract-committed costs.
- Accurately track and record purchase order-committed costs.
- Manage the preparation and execution of the project closeout process.
Wood seeks a Project Engineer for our solar EPC construction projects.
In this mission-critical role, the individual will coordinate the engineering activities to assure project execution and quality from conception through to completion. Key responsibilities will involve working with procurement and monitoring/advising project site leaders. This role will be project site-based in the VA/NC area.
- Support the site manager to meet the project execution philosophy, strategies and plans.
- Liaise closely with project team members and technical/functional program support team members to ensure all aspects of project execution.
- Support the site manager on material management including inventory tracking, material receiving, and reporting.
- Identify and communicate to the site manager any (potentially sudden) changes in conditions that may impact costs, schedule, and contract or customer relationships.
- Assemble and coordinate resolution of punch list items in cooperation with the customer and ensuring timely completion of outstanding items.
- Provide support for construction.
- Assist in the resolution production issues including participation in construction planning process.
- Develop project job books and facilitate the turnover of contract documentation to the client.
- Use Primavera project scheduling software to plan action items.
- Report the daily, weekly and monthly progress of subcontractors and onsite teams.
- Review and track changes to engineering designs and interpret drawings, specifications and other technical documents as required for construction.
- Interface with project teams to ensure the effective development of technical, environmental, safety, and regulatory project deliverables.
- Liaise with project engineers in other areas of the program to ensure consistency across scope and activities.
- Help the site manager implement the Owner’s management of change (technical or otherwise).
- Act as primary contact for all requests for information from contractors.
- Act as primary contact for all interfaces and communications between onsite team and engineering, home office or third- parties.
- Support the site manager and onsite team to verify that contractors meet all contract requirements.
- Implement the program formal interface management process and resolve personnel issues according to the agreed-upon escalation procedure;
- Implement appropriate project controls so that real-time knowledge of project execution is available, understood and executed.
- Follow processes to ensure that the design meets the required/applicable codes, practices, standards, specifications, and quality.
Wood seeks a Project Manager for our solar EPC construction projects. In this mission-critical role, the individual will coordinate the engineering, construction, quality, and safety activities aimed at assuring project execution from conception through to completion. Key responsibilities will involve interfacing with procurement, engineering, safety, quality, project controls and the onsite construction teams. The project manager will support the delivery of multi-disciplinary teams from pre-construction through the final closeout and hand off to O&M. This role will be project site-based in the VA/NC area.
- Develop/lead the project execution philosophy, strategies and execution plans.
- Liaise closely with onsite project team members and technical/functional program support team members to ensure all aspects of project execution are on track and coordinated.
- Participate in intra-program and project teams to ensure the effective development of technical. Environmental, safety, and regulatory project deliverables.
- Project cost-management: collaborate with support and operations teams to successfully manage the planning, estimating, budgeting, financing, funding, managing, and cost controls.
- Project Quality Management: establish and support the processes and activities that determine quality policies, objectives, and responsibilities to verify successful execution.
- Project Stakeholder Management: identify all people or organizations impacted by the project, analyze stakeholder expectations and their impact on the project, and develop appropriate management strategies to effectively engage stakeholders in project decisions and execution.
- Support the Site Manager in adhering to all contract requirements.
- Support implementation of the program’s formal interface management process and resolve personnel issues according to the agreed-upon escalation procedure.
- Resolve execution issues to ensure the project remains on track
- Balance cost, schedule and quality in line with project philosophy.
- Support the implementation of appropriate project controls so that real-time knowledge of project execution is available, understood and accomplished.
- Manage the scope of work and schedule of engineering resources including the external engineering contractor, internal resources and third-party interface activities and requirements.
- Conduct processes to ensure that the design meets the required/applicable codes, practices, standards, specifications and quality.
- Provide technical advice including design interpretation to operations, construction and commissioning/start-up teams.
Wood is currently recruiting for an Instrumentation Technician OJT with experience in the oil and gas industry for Equatorial Guinea in West Africa. This is a 10/3 rotation working 6 days a week.
Maintains instrument and control equipment, troubleshoots to prevent breakdowns, repairs, and
installs equipment. The Technician Instrumentation must possess and demonstrate safety conscience
work & attitude behaviors.
1. Assists in the development, mentoring and training of others within discipline as directed by
2. Uses SAP System to order parts, document repairs, and write work requests.
3. Troubleshoot failed instruments and equipment.
4. Replace/install instrumentation and equipment.
5. Startup process control instrument and equipment.
6. Verify, troubleshoot, and resolving instrument and equipment communications.
7. Inspect instrument wiring, power and grounding of installation.
8. Set-up/Power-up instruments/equipment.
9. Checkout and startup measurement devices and valve communication
10. Provide automation system design including power distribution, equipment specification, and
11. Providing clear and effective documentation of services provided to customers
12. Reads manuals and engineering drawings regarding circuits of instrumentation equipment and
13. Carries out troubleshooting on instrumentation systems and maintains and repairs instrumentation
equipment throughout the facility.
14. Carries out maintenance and repairs to turbine control systems.
15. Perform preventative maintenance on all electrical and instrumentation equipment.
16. Calibrates tests, inspects, operates, troubleshoots and maintains electronic devices (PLCs,
17. Performs and schedules routine maintenance, preventative maintenance and major equipment
18. Maintain an effective Preventative Maintenance program for instrumentation and electrical
19. Able to troubleshoot using P&IDs and loop diagrams.
20. Minor PLC programming when needed.
21. Daily meeting & scheduling of activities with team members and contractors.
22. Installation, operation, and maintenance of equipment as needed.
23. Coordination of projects with management, contractors, and utilities.
24. Train team members and operators on operation of equipment.
25. Completes routine paperwork, forms and reports regarding instrumentation equipment condition
Wood is currently recruiting for an Electrical Technician OJT with experience in the oil and gas industry for Equatorial Guinea in West Africa. This is a 10/3 rotation working 6 days a week.
Maintains electrical equipment and troubleshoots to prevent breakdowns; also repairs and installs
electrical equipment. The Electrical Technician must possess and demonstrate a safety conscience in
work attitude and behavior.
1. Performs tasks, as directed by supervisors, for which he has been trained and is able to perform.
2. Assists in the development, mentoring and training of others within the craft.
3. Uses SAP System to order parts, document repairs, and write work requests.
4. Performs lockout/tagout (LOTO) as per related procedures.
5. Disassembles and assembles electrical motors including disconnection from supply, uncoupling the
motor, replacement of bearings, performing bench tests, and re-installation.
6. Performs preventative maintenance on motors including troubleshooting, removal of air filters,
greasing motors and repair and testing of equipment.
7. Checks and maintains switchgear with regards to circuit breaker operation and protective relay
operation including racking circuit breakers out and in of cubicles.
8. Carries out maintenance and repairs to high voltage switchgear, transformers and associated
electrical equipment up to 13.8KV.
9. Uses equipment-monitoring devices to measure and analyze voltage, amperage, temperature by
thermography, and other process conditions to aid in troubleshooting all types of electrical equipment.
10. Is proficient in use of HiPot and ground bond testing megger equipment.
11. Maintains plant electrical equipment such as starters, switches, etc. for electrical equipment and
HVAC equipment throughout the facility.
12. Uses the proper personal protective equipment (PPE) for a given task.
13. Uses manuals and engineering drawings concerning circuits and electrical equipment.
14. Completes routine paperwork, forms and reports regarding the electrical equipment condition and
15. Carries out inspection and maintenance of high voltage distribution systems Adheres to Health,
Environmental, and Safety (HES) policies and procedures.
16. Stays up to date on their Training Plan.
17. Complies with all corporate policies and fully participates in the MORC program (Safety Training
18. The Employee commits and is obliged to render services in the position with the Company under
the terms and conditions set forth in this Job Scope Description and to carry out the functions that the
Company entrusts to him/her at any given time.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Geotechnical Engineering Technician in the West Palm Beach, Florida area. Wood is a multi-disciplined engineering, environmental, and construction services consulting firm.
Wood is routinely awarded contracts on a regional and national level for the government, commercial, industrial, transportation, water, energy, and mining sectors.
Wood is currently recruiting for an Inspection Management Systems Resource Technician with experience in the oil and gas industry for Equatorial Guinea in West Africa.
• The IMS Resource will be working with the Asset Integrity Team in the office and on the field, and
all the client's HES policies and procedures must be followed, and active participation in the client's
safety programs is required.
• Ensure all equipment data, inspection reports, drawings, photos and other pertinent fixed equipment
information is properly stored in the IMS databases.
• Immediately advise department supervision if anomalies are noted upon entry of data into IMS to
ensure that these are promptly evaluated and acted upon.
• Query the IMS database as needed by QA/QC and Inspection Supervisors as well as the Asset
Integrity Superintendent to prepare status reports, inspection due dates, equipment lists and other
summary reports of information in the database.
• Ensure that new inspection reports are made available in the IMS, to the appropriate personnel for
evaluation, review and approval.
• Support client's Responsible Operations Management System (ROMS) process by personal
involvement in activities to enhance performance in Health, Environment, Safety & Corporate Social
• Support client's Integration efforts by personally committing to actively participate in the
mentoring and coaching activities designed to enhance the skills, competencies, and performance of
the National employees working in your assigned area of responsibility.
• Help the smooth IMS migration from ACET software to VISIONS . This includes working closely with
Metegrity to provide all required information extracted from ACET database that needs to be migrated
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc., (Wood) is seeking an Administrative/Project Assistant for our Chicago, Illinois office. The Chicago office is a short walk from the CTA Blue Line Cumberland Station and is conveniently located near I-294 and I-90 on Higgins Road.
The selected candidate will provide support to office management and project team members in nearly all facets of the operation. This will include interfacing with clients and subcontractors, as well as work on invoices, reports, and other internal and external documents and functions. It will also include a component of performing administrative activities which keep the office functioning, such as managing bills and working with building management.
- Full time position (or part-time if discussed) working normal business hours Monday through Friday, with flexibility to work overtime, if required, to meet internal or client deadlines
- Support staff, project managers, and office management with preparation and submittal of qualification packages, proposals, technical reports, invoices, internal financial reports, and other documents
- Assist with ordering of office supplies, maintenance of copiers and printers, and management of vending suppliers
- Assist with scheduling of conference rooms, lunches for office meetings/project meetings
- Assist project team members with document formatting, copying, production, binding, shipping, etc.
- Assist with hard copy filing and scanning as required (filing is primarily electronic; focus is on minimization of hard copy files unless required by client or contract terms)
- Assist with researching and resolving routine administrative and staff functional support as needed
- Assist with local purchasing using an office credit card, and reconciliation of charges on a monthly basis
- Assist with greeting visitors to the office and coordination with building management/maintenance staff
- Assist with reception area and phones while performing other job duties simultaneously
- Assist project managers with project setups; project startup activities, preparation of subcontracts; project schedules; project budget summaries, and project closeout activities
- Assist project managers with vendor setups, procurement and project invoicing including those with a moderate to high level of backup and financial complexity
- Assist with distribution of incoming mail and shipments delivered to the office
- Assist Operations and project managers with review of vendor and client payments
- Provide as needed assistance to the Office Manager, Office Health & Safety Coordinator, and Fleet Vehicle Manager
Wood’s cultural resource program is looking for a Project Archaeologist with Midwestern, Midcontinent, Plains, or Southeastern experience. This position is a full-time, salaried position with benefits. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. (Amec Foster Wheeler is now part of Wood)
The candidate may be placed in the Jefferson City, MO; Lexington, KY; or Louisville, KY offices.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions has a full-time career opportunity for an ambitious, resourceful and experienced proposal manager. This position can be based in our San Diego or Irvine office.
- The ideal candidate understands all aspects of the proposal development and production process from soup to nuts, and creates partnerships across the business to ensure a comprehensive and cohesive proposal response
- The candidate will work closely with the senior proposal managers and graphic designers to conceptualize, develop, and integrate compelling proposal graphics that convey concepts and proposed solutions to enhance proposal documents
- Develop, incorporate and integrate win themes and discriminators into proposal documents, and provide quality assurance checks to ensure that all document deliverables support the standards and procedures set forth in Wood’s policies, procedures, and practices
- Manage the relationships with the individual Capture Managers and work with subject matter experts (SMEs) as necessary to prepare high-quality proposal documents in a timely manner and ensure all deadlines are met
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently recruiting for a Geologist / Scientist to join our team in Pittsburgh, PA. Bachelor’s degree is required in Geology, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science or related discipline.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Performs field sampling observations and data collection assignments - These assignments will be performed under the direct supervision or guidance of more experienced field personnel
- Performs standard or routine calculations - May input data into and/or run standard or, in some cases, advanced computer programs under supervision
- Compiles information from reports and published documents - May, under limited supervision, evaluate or analyze the compiled information following standard methods or specific instructions
- Recognizes and identifies discrepancies in results obtained in such assignments and follow up through a series of related steps or procedures, as directed by more senior personnel - Refers unresolved situations and/or activities to the project manager
- Under direct supervision of the project manager or senior staff, represents the Firm and interacts in a professional manner with client and subcontractor representatives while on field assignments
- Responsible for ensuring the Firm’s administrative and financial policies and procedures as well as the methods and procedures specific to his/her specific discipline are followed
- Responsible for maintaining accurate and complete field documentation during sampling and data collection assignments to provide information to populate reports
- Understands and applies safety requirements in the field
Additional Responsibilities may involve:
- Coordinating with subcontractors (such as analytical laboratories and drillers) while performing office assignments
- Responsible for reviewing client documents or assessing existing site conditions on routine projects or under routine circumstances - All findings of such work will be reviewed and approved by the project manager or other senior personnel
- Responsible for preparing complete drafts of simple, non-complex technical reports; alternately, may prepare drafts of portions of technical reports, manuals and field reports - All drafts must be reviewed in detail and approved by the project manager or senior personnel
- Participate in proposal preparation (work scope, task-level budgeting, cost estimates), may perform calculations, gather or review information, or prepare standard sections of proposals - All assignments related to the proposal preparation will be reviewed in detail and approved by the project manager or senior personnel
- Attend client meetings with project manager and other project personnel
- Assist in the preparation of technical papers for publication or presentation
- Other duties as assigned
Wood is currently seeking a Project Manager, with Oil & Gas facilities construction experience, for our Watford, ND.
This Project Manager must understand and have the ability to effectively plan and schedule the project lifecycle and general sequence of events, as well as the processes for the engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning and project management project tasks. The ideal candidate will have the ability to prepare and lead a team in preparing schedules and reports, both independently and as part of a team environment. The candidate must understand and fully comply with all company policies and procedures, specifically including safety (Injury and Incident Free) and corporate code of conduct. He / She will be familiar with Oracle Primavera and Microsoft Project.
- Develop the project execution plans, lead project reviews, lead negotiations with the client on change orders and contractual disputes while maintaining a solid client relationship and client satisfaction
- Establish and execute safe and effective project delivery strategies covering estimating, procurement, project management and controls
- Bid management, scope definition, program and estimate development
- Stakeholder management, both internally and externally in a challenging environment
- Ensure resources are identified early and available both through internal sources and our partner organizations
- Appliance of and compliance with Wood governance, project controls practices including maintaining P6 schedule and monitoring the project baseline
- Identification, assessment and mitigations of key risks and opportunities