Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions’ Kansas Operation is looking for a highly motivated Water Resources Engineer that is inspired to do software development. Qualified applicants are required to have experience with water resources engineering applications (such as USACE HEC-RAS & HEC-HMS), IM & GIS, and C++ programming. Our ideal candidate prefers to focus on water issues and has a degree in engineering. Applicant levels between 0 to 4 years of experience are preferred. It is preferred that this position be in Wichita, KS however consideration can be given to the Topeka, KS location for the right applicant.
Are you looking for an opportunity to expand your career in software & application development and learn new skills to support engineering and information management projects? The Kansas Operation is well established and continues to grow providing an atmosphere that allows individuals to expand their career. We are looking for qualified applicants to develop software supporting a wide variety of applications including information management, environmental services, and engineering.
- Will coordinate and develop software applications for engineering, environmental, and information management projects; Build custom applications and tools that integrate with other software such as HEC-RAS. Will analyze and develop solutions to improve upon existing proprietary applications
- Will assist project managers in developing custom applications to improve process efficiencies and ensure project success as well as conveying potential application development concepts to our clients providing cost beneficial justification
- Will participate on the Information Technology (IT) Committee to manage and promote IT systems for the Kansas Operations
- Will perform water resources engineering hydrology & hydraulic simulations as well as information management and geographic information system (GIS) tasks
- Will collaborate between Kansas Operation offices including in Topeka and Wichita
- Will collaborate with our existing national software development team and promote software development applications globally
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Civil or Agricultural Engineer with greater than 8 years of experience that enjoys the technical & project management aspects in water resources engineering. This is an opportunity to expand your career as a senior professional with a growing engineering and environmental consulting operation that values its employee’s enthusiasm and technical contributions. The Kansas Operation includes over 35 professionals distributed between two offices; Topeka & Wichita, KS. This position is in the Wichita, KS office. We are looking for an individual to manage and mentor the water resources group of currently 6 staff. We are looking for someone with water resources project experience including but not limited to FEMA Flood Risk program, general watershed studies, flood mitigation studies, dams, levee systems, streambank stabilization, and municipal stormwater studies.
The Kansas Operation is anticipating continued multi-discipline growth. This is an opportunity to participate in an already established operation that is continuously growing providing career opportunities for its team.
- Will coordinate and manage water resources, watershed/floodplain studies and/or storm water management projects
- Will take task, phase, and project management roles on projects
- Will manage the growing water resources group and mentor junior staff & technicians
- Serve as engineer of record on specific tasks or projects
- Will perform hydrologic and hydraulic modelling tasks for a variety of water resources projects
- Effectively convey proposed work efforts and project results in technical documents, interviews, and oral presentations
- Will develop and maintain client relationships
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking an entry-level Geotechnical Engineer to join our team in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and participate in growing a geotechnical engineering design practice along the Gulf Coast for a wide variety of geotechnical-related projects. These projects will generally include the design of: embankment dams, levees, above ground reservoirs, pump stations, and other flood control facilities; mining, commercial, and industrial facilities; and transportation facilities. The successful candidate will work under the close and direct supervision of senior geotechnical engineers to provide remote technical support to other Wood offices. A larger portion of these geotechnical projects are located along the U.S. Gulf Coast from Texas to Florida and will require some travel. The candidate will have the opportunity to collaborate with local Wood personnel and other Engineers located throughout the company.
- Support multiple geotechnical groups located in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Tampa, Florida, and West Palm Beach, Florida working under the direction of one or more Project Managers / Principal Engineers within the offices
- Perform field exploration, inspection, analysis and provide technical support with supervision including onsite direction of geotechnical drilling activities
- Prepare technical proposals, cost estimates, plans, technical specifications and reports including day - to - day correspondence
- Perform geotechnical analyses based on site conditions project design requirements
- Act as a data - gatherer, prepare maps and charts, and run various computer programs and spreadsheets to support geotechnical design recommendations
- Perform field construction and foundation inspection services
- Review and interpret data and test results
- Prepare field reports and internal / external correspondence
- Perform field construction monitoring
- Be able to supervise subcontractors and / or company employees
- Follow company safety standards, and site / project safety standards
- Contact vendors and research literature and regulatory requirements
- Conduct engineering or scientific calculations, and perform entry level design work, preliminary analyses and design geotechnical subsurface explorations
Wood is currently recruiting for an Onshore O&M Mechanic to join our team in Equatorial Guinea, West Africa to work on a 10 week on and 3 week off rotational work schedule.
The work days are 6 days a week and 10 hour days..
Job Summary: To meet world class reliability and safety, the purpose of this job is to perform overhauls of major equipment such as gas and diesel engines, air and gas compressors and horizontal and vertical pumps; maintains and troubleshoots rotating equipment.
MAJOR DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To meet world class reliability and safety.
- Troubleshooting, repairs, rebuilds and overhauls of gas and diesel engines, air and gas compressors, and reciprocating and centrifugal pumps.
- Provides training and acts as mentor/coach of National workforce.
- Performs mechanical repairs in accordance with Company policies, regulations and specified schedules particularly Caterpillar engines and Ariel compressors.
- Able demonstrate experience in Aero and industrial turbines.
- Able to overhaul different kinds of valves and PSVs.
- Ensures planned and unplanned maintenance is executed in a cost-effective manner while maintaining and improving equipment reliability and availability.
- Maintains control and use of spare parts, consumables and other materials necessary for onshore operations.
- Ensures adequate information is provided on work orders and close out of documentations is completed.
- Performs strip/defect reports, and lessons learned after completion of repairs.
- Participates in HES activities including tool box meetings and must be quality conscious and aware of safety procedures on offshore platforms.
- Ensures company and contract environmental standards are achieved.
- Ensures correct materials and tools are utilized and surplus materials are returned to onshore warehouse stock.
- Carries out planned maintenance on mechanical equipment in a timely manner.
- Complies with all Safety Rules and Regulations by following in-place procedures.
- Supports Responsible Operations Management System ROMS processes by personal involvement in activities to enhance performance in Health, Environment, Safety and Corporate Social Responsibility.
- The Employee commits and is obliged to render services in the position with the Company under the terms and conditions set forth in this Job Scope Description and to carry out the functions that the Company entrusts to him/her at any given time. Additional or other duties will be assigned from time to time by the line manager or supervisor as required to meet business needs including personal training and development assignment opportunities.
The Sacramento office of Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc. is seeking a Senior Toxicologist to support our growing risk assessment and toxicology compliance practice.
The position will involve coordination and implementation of project work associated with multimedia (air, water, and soil) risk assessments and environmental regulatory compliance in the industrial/ commercial, government, and mining sectors and project management. Experience with California state regulations related to environmental remediation, Proposition 65 compliance, and air quality compliance (AB2588 “Air Toxics” stationary source risk assessment/ risk reduction and CEQA support) is required. This position offers the opportunity to work with a large and diverse team of engineers and scientists to address complex environmental challenges executing the following roles/ responsibilities:
- Directs and supervises technical assignments (primarily office) and manages entire projects or specific elements of projects
- Provide technical review for projects to comply with environmental regulations, company standards, contract requirements, and related specifications
- Prepare proposals and assists in preparation of large-scale proposals
- Occasional travel for projects, conferences, business development, or training
Wood's Phoenix, AZ office is seeking a Junior Level Civil Design Engineer candidate with advanced computer aided design (CAD) skills and meaningful experience in engineering design. Primary focus for project work will be to prepare design drawings for mining related infrastructure.
- Support mining site development projects and clients with accurate drafting and design
- Design or redesign complex layouts and drawings from general written or verbal specifications from project team
- Create exhibits and documents for presentations and reports
- Work with project team to investigate and resolve problems with existing designs and make corrections to drawings as requested by the senior staff
- Create and update database of design records for reference and utilization on future projects
- Adhere to discipline - specific CAD standards
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions seeks a dynamic, experienced administrative professional to support the client program group based in Oakland, CA.
- Provides project administrative support for technical reports, communications and certain financial functions for consulting team in serving a large client
- Document formatting and finalization for draft and final submittals
- Hardcopy printing, CD production, and distribution of submitted deliverables
- Update client document submittal instructions/files as needed and communicate changes to the project manager
- Edit/tech edit reports and other deliverables
- Update contact and distribution lists as needed
- Help implement and track client non-disclosure agreement requirement
- Set up phone and projector for client team meetings
- Implement internal filing system rules and document retention policy
- Set up folder directories for new projects
- Assign new project numbers and add to tracking sheets
- Draft invoice filing, tracking, timesheet corrections, QC
- Assist with invoice, cost estimates and proposals, and purchase order tracking
- Assist with tracking access agreements and permits
- Manage deliverables calendars
- Assist with deliverable tracking sheets
- Assist with expense reports as needed
- Coordinate with project managers, task managers, and the project assistant/admin team to ensure all work gets prioritized appropriately and completed on time
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions has an opportunity available for a Senior Environmental Health and Safety Professional in Bloomfield, CT.
Provides services to clients in the areas of:
- Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) Programs
- EH&S management systems development, including drafting of standard procedures, guidance and training documents
- EH&S audits and inspections
- Environmental Compliance
- Environmental permitting
- Technical assistance with regulatory programs in various industries
- Sustainability strategies
- Asbestos/mold/lead assessment
- Provide in-house EH&S training
- Shipping and receiving dangerous goods by air and hazardous materials and waste by ground
- Other related EH&S programs
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions’ Gainesville office is seeking a Senior Engineer/Project Manager with a minimum of 10 to 15 years of experience to support our growing engineering practice. Our office is a leading engineering consulting business in Florida, providing multi-disciplinary solutions covering all aspects of environmental consulting services, mechanical engineering, water resources engineering and civil engineering. The successful candidate should hold an active Professional Engineering (P.E.) license in the State of Florida, have direct experience managing federal government projects and other governmental client projects, and have a broad background in managing multidisciplinary engineering projects.
Duties include leadership, project management and execution of client deliverables for federal agencies, municipalities, universities, and states. Connections to any or all branches of the military are desireable especially the Navy and the Air Force. This position will support on-going and future engineering projects for a wide range of clients with components in civil, mechanical, environmental engineering. The successful applicant must have broad understanding of this industry and the engineering and environmental requirements/regulations applicable to these clients. Technical report development, client management, regulatory agency coordination and permitting, and quality control management are preferred skills. Flexibility and willingness to work as part of an in interdisciplinary team is a must. Experience with developing proposals, costs estimates, and obtaining new clients is also desired.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Work as a strong seller/doer to identify new clients and grow key client accounts, particularly with federal clients as well as other governmental agencies
- Participate in developing and driving growth strategies for our engineering business including networking outside and inside Wood
- Support achieving sales and operational benchmarks
- Manage engineering projects for municipal, state, and federal clients as well as commercial clients
- Prepare proposals and assists in preparation of large-scale proposals
- Demonstrate the ability to implement safe work practices in the field in accordance with the Health and Safety Plans (HASP) and other applicable regulations as well as preparation of HASPs
- Evaluate findings, make recommendations, and prepare written and verbal reports
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Oversee junior staff, site work and manage subcontractors
- Manage client relationships
- Meet with clients and deliver presentations, as appropriate
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering (mechanical, civil, environmental, structural) is preferred or related field
- Bid / Contractor document preparation and limited construction administration
- Set and monitor budgets for the project
- Develop and maintain project schedules
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Recruitment Specialist who is consultative and professional, and who possesses technical recruiting experience with a strong preference for engineering consulting or commercial construction experience. This is a very hand - on, high energy position requiring an individual to be extremely motivated and results - driven.
The successful candidate, with the assistance of Senior Recruiters, will be responsible for ownership of the full lifecycle recruitment process ‘cradle to grave’ for the assigned positions. This would include but not be limited to job description content, candidate attraction, candidate sourcing, scheduling interviews, offer negotiations and closing. Candidate should be a dynamic, self - motivated, recruiter with the ability to multitask efficiently.
This position can support any of our core businesses including Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Process & Energy, Mining & Minerals and Oil & Gas. Although each recruiter manages his / her own desk in different locations across North America, we are part of a bigger HR team who is very closely connected.
Work Location–Open to any major E&IS office location in the East US
- Manage all aspects of the recruiting process for the assigned positions while servicing multiple Hiring Managers daily and using various strategies to recruit candidates
- Build and maintain network of potential passive and active candidates through networking; and, conduct in - depth interviews and assessments of potential candidates
- Maintain accurate and well - ordered documentation on all candidates, searches and recruiting activities and accurate utilization of ATS according to standards
- Work cooperatively with all members of the Recruiting team to develop and implement plans and activities
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with hiring managers to create a partnership that produces results and builds credibility
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our team in Birmingham, Alabama. This position provides administrative support (computer proficiency is a priority) for the office.
Work Schedule: 40 hours per week
- Type and proofread reports, letters, spreadsheets, charts and e-mail messages using Microsoft
- Word, Excel, and data management applications
- Input boring logs using gINT program
- Compile data and documents/reports using Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat Software packages
- Provide receptionist support for the office
- Operate specialized software applications to produce materials testing and various other reports
- Maintain safety and training documents for employees
- Maintain records and files in automated data base format
- Maintain Vision database to generate employee resumes
- Make staff travel arrangements as needed
- Handle routine inquiries and information requests
- May prepare and/or process paperwork of various nature
- Perform general office duties as requested
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is expanding and has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Bridge Engineer to join our Denver, CO team. Friendly, flexible and positive work environment offering a variety of challenging projects. We have a talented staff and work in a collaborative environment. Good opportunity to work on some of most exciting projects in Colorado and to mentor talented young engineers. Our team focuses on teamwork, quality, and excellent client service. Our atmosphere is supportive and flexible. We work hard but are a lot fun. Becoming involved in business development is a possibility for the right candidate, but we want someone who still wants to work on projects and design bridges. Our ideal candidate has strong technical capabilities, a commitment to delivering a quality product and a desire for career growth.
- Design task leader for structural projects including bridges, walls, culverts and foundations
- Assist in detailing plan sets and work with CADD Technicians
- Develop plan sets and writes reports
- Attend and actively participates in client meetings
- Will utilize MicroStation and InRoads for bridge design and will oversee and direct the work of engineers and technicians
- Assist in training staff from other disciplines on MicroStation, Inroads and CDOT standards
- The successful candidate may take on a project management role
- Assist in developing marketing proposals
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is expanding and has an exciting opportunity for a Bridge Engineer to join our Denver, CO team. Friendly, flexible and positive work environment offering a variety of challenging projects. Our ideal candidate has strong technical capabilities, a commitment to delivering a quality product and a desire for career growth. Seeking an enthusiastic professional interested in challenging work and the opportunity to make a difference.
- Design task leader for structural projects including bridges, walls, culverts and foundations
- Assist in detailing plan sets and work with CADD Technicians
- Develops plan sets and writes reports
- Attends and actively participates in client meetings
- Assists in developing marketing proposals
- Will utilize MicroStation and InRoads for bridge design and will oversee and direct the work of technicians and other engineers
- Assists in training staff from other disciplines on MicroStation, Inroads and CDOT standards
- The successful candidate may take on a project management role
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking an Office Manager for our Portland, ME office. Reporting to the Region Manager for the Northeast US Region, the Office Manager will act as the face of the organization and provide strategic, functional and financial leadership to the Portland office and a branch location in Rocky Hill, CT.
Our Portland Office offers full service Architecture/Engineering (A/E) and Environmental capabilities, with over 150 architects, engineers, scientists, project managers, construction managers, surveyors, and technicians. As one of Wood’s recognized A/E design centers, the office supports government and private clients locally and around the world on design efforts. Offering a full range of architecture and engineering capabilities (civil, mechanical, electrical, structural, fire protection, etc.), our design teams routinely solve our clients most crucial challenges, whether new design or repairs/renovation/modernization across a wide range of facility and infrastructure types. The depth and expertise of the environmental operations in the Portland office make it a center of excellence for Wood. Our experienced professionals provide extensive engineering and compliance services across all major environmental media and federal, state and local regulatory programs. From site investigations and permitting, to complex environmental studies and system design, closure and decommissioning, and site remediation and restoration, our capabilities are tailored to support clients through the entire life cycle of their assets. Both the A/E and environmental practices are built upon long standing client relationships and integration with Wood offices throughout North America, making for a strong and consistent business operating model.
The ideal candidate will have current local market experience, and the ability to build on the Wood brand to present service offerings and develop new clients. A strategic leader, with the ability to form solid relationships with project teams and clients and the desire to grow and develop business will thrive in this role.
Manage the successful performance of the Portland Office and Rocky Hill, CT Branch, oversee the development and monitoring of financial plans, provide strategic direction for the office and office personnel, coordinate local human resource and health and safety functions with corporate personnel, and provide leadership in business development efforts (also ensuring senior personnel continue to grow / diversify client base). Position will include execution of project-related work, as well as office management responsibilities. Project-related responsibilities will include project management, senior review and quality assurance of work products developed by the office staff. Successful candidate will work closely with other office mangers in the Northeast (Boston, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, NJ, and Chantilly VA) and build strong, collaborative relationships with Strategy and Development leadership and other offices outside the Northeast Region.
- Work closely with the existing Senior leadership in the office to sustain growth and profitability of the Portland Operation
- Office financial performance, client satisfaction, staff deployment and development, resource management and office business development activities
- Establish annual business goals and strategies and prepares annual business strategic plan for the office
- Direct the office’s marketing program and expand the firm’s business in the geographic area served by the office
- Provide Leadership in the pursuit of business opportunities including evaluation of risk profiles and win probability for key business opportunities
- Provide technical, consulting and project management leadership to office staff and participate as a technical consultant and / or project manager on appropriate projects
- Ensure financial controls, quality assurance / quality control and compliance to Company policies and procedures
- Recruit employees; assign, direct, and evaluate their work; and oversee the development and maintenance of staff competence
- Foster team environment and develop staff through mentoring, leadership and training programs
- Approval of contracts and commitments of work consistent with Company policy for signing authorities as Office Manager
- Position requires individual discipline and knowledge to meet office budgets on a month-to-month basis; Therefore, the leader must be capable of functioning independently on office-specific issues and with minimal management approval
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions has an immediate need in El Paso, TX office for a Construction Materials Testing Technician to perform field inspections and observations for roadways, structures, utilities and bridge construction projects.
- Perform soil, concrete, asphalt and masonry testing; Steel inspection abilities a plus
- Provide daily reports of observation and test results
- Monitor work procedures for compliance with project specifications
- Interact with client representative (supervisors, foremen, project managers, engineers, etc.) at project sites
- Perform analysis or calculations to check accuracy, applicability and reasonableness of testing data; and
- Travel within Texas, New Mexico and surrounding states to support other Wood offices; approximately 10% overnight travel
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc. (Wood) is seeking a Resident Engineer to join our Infrastructure team in Chicago, IL. The ideal candidate for this position will have a minimum of 15 years of relevant Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) District 1 Phase Ill Construction Engineering experience as described below. (Amec Foster Wheeler is now part of Wood)
- Administer and manage construction and documentation requirements in accordance with the IDOT Construction Manual on IDOT (or similar) Phase Ill Engineering projects
- Affectively manage and delegate work to the Phase Ill engineering staff of assistant resident engineers, documentation technicians, inspectors, surveyors, material coordinators, material QA technicians and other support personnel
- Manage the development, implementation and auditing of Phase Ill project safety and quality plans
- Advise, coach and mentor other Phase Ill engineering staff
- Manage client communications, expectations and satisfaction
- Recognize and initiate Phase Ill business development opportunities
- Participate in Phase Ill Engineering marketing and proposal efforts
- Manage and communicate results, budget and schedule information to client, project manager and operations manager
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc. has an opening for a staff level Geologist in our Sacramento, CA office to provide environmental consulting services in support of public and private clientele. This position requires an individual with effective communication skills as significant client, agency, public, and team interactions are expected. Candidates should be self-motivated and able to work on projects with variable complexity with the desire and ability to mentor and build a strong support team. This position includes both office and field work on project sites in and out of California.
- Perform field work: observations and data collection involving soil borings, test trench excavations, groundwater monitoring well installations; collecting soil, groundwater, surface water, and sediment samples; and documenting field activities
- Field activities may include oversight of remediation subcontractors during remediation activities
- Perform standard or routine calculations, input data into and/or run standard or, in some cases advanced computer programs under supervision
- Recognize and identify discrepancies in results obtained in such assignments and follow-up with senior personnel to resolve these situations
- May be responsible for preparing complete drafts of simple, non-complex technical reports under the supervision of Project and Senior Scientists
- Under supervision of the project manager or senior staff, represent Wood and interact in a professional manner with clients, regulators, and subcontractor representatives while on field assignments
- Understands and applies company, client, and site Health and Safety standards
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking an Application Developer to join our Water & Technology group in Nashville, TN. We are a growing and dynamic group of technology professionals that offers a wide range of engineering consulting services. Our clients span governmental and commercial entities, local to international, and our projects involve solving real-world environmental & infrastructure problems.
The Application Developer position will work with a team of developers and engineers to provide support for enterprise, geospatial, decision support, and content/data management systems for web, mobile and desktop platforms. The majority of development will be done in C# and .NET MVC; however, additional programming languages and frameworks will be used on various projects on an as-needed basis. The majority of the software we develop include a spatial component such as a mapping website, mobile data collection, or tools for analyzing spatial data. We routinely work on multiple projects in fields such as GIS, 3D modeling, flood risk analysis, environmental protection, and civil engineering. As such, we get to learn new technologies on a regular basis.
This position is targeting a Junior level professional with three or less years of experience.
- Provide technical support to a project team, including debugging others’ code
- Development of and adherence to project schedules and budgets
Wood’s cultural resource program is looking for an experienced Project Archaeologist with Texas, Midwestern, and/or Southeastern experience. This position is a full-time, salaried position with benefits. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. (Amec Foster Wheeler is now part of Wood)
The candidate may be placed in the Houston, TX; Jefferson City, MO; Lexington, KY or Louisville, KY offices.
Wood’s cultural resource program is looking for a Project Archaeologist with Midwestern, Midcontinent, or Southeastern experience. This position is a full-time, salaried position with benefits. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. (Amec Foster Wheeler is now part of Wood)
The candidate may be placed in the Jefferson City, MO; Lexington, KY or Louisville, KY offices.