Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking an Entry Level Geotechnical Engineer or Engineering Geologist to join our team in Washington State. Are you a recent graduate with some geotechnical/environmental engineering experience? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with senior engineers and scientists on a wide variety of projects? Do you enjoy field work as well as engineering analyses? Are you looking for a career with an established geotechnical engineering and environmental consulting firm that values its employee’s enthusiasm and technical contributions? Then come join us.
Responsibilities are primarily supporting project managers with a variety of tasks, both in the field and in the office. Work will mostly be based out of Tacoma office with additional field and office support from our Seattle, Kirkland, and Lynnwood, Washington locations, but there could be project travel or work assignments from the supporting offices as well. The candidate should feel comfortable interacting with clients, construction personnel, and sub-contractors as a professional representative of Wood.
- Working in the field on project sites to perform geotechnical and environmental investigations, and construction monitoring related to earthwork and stormwater
- Conduct field exploration programs including managing subcontractors
- Interpret geologic, hydrogeologic, and engineering characteristics of the subsurface
- Performing geotechnical engineering analysis for infrastructure and development project such as foundation, retaining wall, and pavement design
- Oversight of soil excavation, demolitions and environmental treatment system installations under the supervision of an experienced CM
- Office activities include analysis and interpretation of analytical results and the preparation of summary reports under the supervision of project managers
- Learn and stay up-to-date on guidance, state and federal environmental regulations
- Deliver processed data in organized fashion, following data management and network standards
- Participate in training events, project meetings and engineering team meetings
- Work and travel safely, follow company and site safety standards, maintain permits and training certificates
- Work on several projects at one time and maintain successful client relations.
- May require weekend and evening work
Advance your career by joining our highly collaborative Civil Engineering Team, as a Project Manager for Transportation services. With a minimum of ten (10) years of highway/roadway design and project management experience, you will lead team members to successfully complete construction documents for highway and roadway systems and navigate permit requirements. Career minded professionals with self-confidence and a teachable spirit find themselves advancing quickly. As a Transportation Project Manager you will play a key role in expanding the capabilities of growing the transportation group in Durham, North Carolina. The ideal candidate has strong technical capabilities, a commitment to delivering a quality product, and an interest in taking on a leadership role.
- Will be responsible for participating in and managing transportation/roadway design projects
- Prepare and oversee preparation of the construction documents. (Plans, Special Provisions, and Estimates)
- Prepare and manage scopes, schedules, and budgets
- Write reports and technical memos
- Manage client communications, expectations and satisfaction
- Recognizes and initiates business development opportunities
- Maintains effective client relationships; leverages project experience to win work
- Lead and/or assist with the coordination, development and production of proposals, SOQs and presentations, ensuring the highest quality of information and documentation output
- Manage, advise, coach and develop junior engineers
Are you looking to enhance your technical knowledge by working with a group of competent geotechnical professionals in the industry?
Wood Environment and Infrastructure Solutions (Wood E&IS) is seeking dynamic candidates to join our team in our Durham, North Carolina office. Several of our professionals have 25+ years of experience and are eager to help you achieve technical excellence. Our leadership will strategize both short- and long-term career options so you remain motivated, fulfilled, and passionate about your work. Our current opportunity involves NCDOT projects; both on-call and design build, and industrial/energy related projects.
Field responsibilities may include subsurface explorations, such as logging boreholes and observing SPT/CPT testing, observation of various construction activities, such as site grading, construction of shallow/deep foundations and earth retention structures and instrumentation installation and monitoring. The candidate should feel comfortable interacting with clients, construction personnel, and sub-contractors, and serve as a professional representative of Wood E&IS.
- Planning subsurface exploration and perform geotechnical analyses under the supervision of senior engineering professionals
- Position will require some travel throughout North Carolina
- Prepare geotechnical evaluation reports and discuss recommendations with senior engineering professionals
- Engage in Wood E&IS mentoring program
- Establish a career development path
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking Construction Inspection Technicians in the Abingdon area. The ideal candidate for this position is self-motivated, self-disciplined and able to work independently. Strong interpersonal and writing skills are critical. Proven technical writing skills and experience in site, building, roadway and bridge construction inspection and materials testing.
- Perform inspection and testing of all work performed on construction projects (site development, buildings, roads, bridges)
- Field and/or laboratory testing of concrete, soils, aggregates, and asphalt mix
- Field oversight of multiple contractor crews
- Field oversight of junior inspection staff
- Routine documentation of all field activities and testing
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Civil Engineer to join our dynamic team in Abingdon, VA supporting projects and marketing new clients in our construction engineering inspection services group.
- Some aspects of project management for projects of broad scope and impact, including compliance with company policies, definition of scope of work, establishment of budgets and schedules, control of project costs, compliance with schedule, timely payment for the work, and assurance of overall client satisfaction
- Engineering calculations
- Ensures project quality control activities are in place and adhered to
- Develops proposals reports in accordance with company policy
- Provides leadership to project field team; maintains a positive environment and high morale
- Acts as primary interface with clients for assigned projects; communicates with clients on an ongoing basis; responds effectively to meets clients' needs
- Reports, managing a document control system, tallying monthly project data, aiding accounting with creation of invoices, aiding Project Managers with putting together proposals and reports requiring advance MS Word proficiency
- Track and calculate various project financial statistics
- Process project documentation/records
- Track project deliverables and timeliness
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions has an immediate need in El Paso, TX office for a Construction Materials Testing Technician to perform field inspections and observations for roadways, structures, utilities and bridge construction projects.
- Perform soil, concrete, asphalt and masonry testing; Steel inspection abilities a plus
- Provide daily reports of observation and test results
- Monitor work procedures for compliance with project specifications
- Interact with client representative (supervisors, foremen, project managers, engineers, etc.) at project sites
- Perform analysis or calculations to check accuracy, applicability and reasonableness of testing data; and
- Travel within Texas, New Mexico and surrounding states to support other Wood offices; approximately 10% overnight travel
Wood is sourcing a Accounts Payable Indexing Clerk (contract) to join our team in Houston, TX. The successful candidate will be a high energy, team player who can handle high volume processing, thrives on being busy and will focus on reducing backlog and ensuring internal controls are followed. This person must function in both a team setting as well as independently and be accountable for weekly personal processing performance.
- Experience with purchase orders, coding, batching and data entry preferred
- Ensure invoices are recorded properly.
- Communicate effectively with internal staff on invoice or other document progression.
- Monitor invoice progress from receipt of invoice to processor folders.
- Perform other duties and ad hoc projects as assigned.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship is required.
Advance your career by joining our highly collaborative Civil Engineering Team, as a Civil Engineer for Transportation related services. Sharpen your technical skills and capitalize on tremendous growth opportunities under the guidance of our senior transportation engineers. Career minded professionals with self-confidence and a teachable spirit find themselves advancing quickly. The ideal candidate has strong technical capabilities, a commitment to delivering a quality product, and have an interest in developing key leadership principals.
- Will be responsible for participating in transportation/roadway design projects
- Prepare construction documents. (Plans, Special Provisions, and Estimates).
- Write reports and technical memos
- Complete design calculations for review by other engineers
- Be willing to learn new elements of design under the direction of a licensed professional engineer.
- Actively engage in mentoring programs to promote continual self-growth
- Create a career plan to strategize working toward future leadership opportunities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently recruiting for a Project Engineer with significant relevant experience in the Life Sciences (Pharmaceutical and/or Biotechnology) industry. The Project Engineer will Plan, schedule and coordinates the engineering activities on technically complex projects. The work requires knowledge of Life Sciences industry practices and associated engineering work processes. Occasional travel to project meetings and job sites, as necessary, is required. The Project Engineer will suggests work process improvements, and implements corrective actions, as necessary, to achieve budgets and schedules. Independently performs most assignments. Receives guidance from project manager on unusual aspects and/or complex problems. Keeps project manager well informed.
Essential Job Functions:
- Serves as the focal point for and manages the day-to-day engineering activities on assigned project (or portion thereof)
- Oversees, monitors and manages the day-to-day engineering activities on assigned project for compliance with budget and schedule. Suggests and implements corrective actions as necessary to achieve expected results
- Monitors performance and productivity of project assigned engineering resources and provides feedback to employee’s supervisor
- Monitors adequacy of staffing on assigned project and works with resource managers to make necessary adjustments
- Suggests new methods, procedures and work processes to continuously improve the project execution work processes
- Keeps project manager well-informed about engineer progress and problems
- Reviews drawings and other engineering documentation for compliance with contract requirements
- Prepares requisitions for purchased equipment
- Coordinates and interfaces with equipment suppliers
- Reviews and approves technical evaluations of supplier’s proposals.
- Works and communicates effectively with customers, vendors, other technical disciplines, and the organization’s project management team
- Assures that all work on assigned projects is timely, accurate and high quality
Essential Job Functions under Certain Circumstances:
- Gives effective presentations to customers, suppliers and internally within the organization, when appropriate
- May serve as an individual contributor or may plan, assign, coordinate, and review work of others depending on the scope of a particular assignment
- Reviews work thoroughly and receives technical guidance only on very unusual or complex problems
- Ensures the work performed is on schedule and within budget
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Site HSSE Manager to manage occupational safety and health, industrial hygiene, worker safety and health, medical services, environmental compliance, environmental remediation, environmental sampling and analysis, and construction safety on a fixed project site.
Multiple locations throughout the US
Key responsibilities include:
- Coordinate and act as interface between client HSE programs and Wood E&IS procedures and technical standards
- Act as initial point of contact between field-based HSSE teams and operations management
- Administer the process for the development of subcontractor HSSE key performance indicators and criteria for coordination between local offices and regional operations management
- Actively participate in Activity Hazard Analysis, Method Statement reviews, engineering design studies, training program development, and personal protective equipment selection
- Support project management in oversight of subcontractor method statement preparation and training & competency determination including the processes used for appraisal of technical adequacy, appropriateness and closure of non-conformance corrective actions
- Incorporate Wood HSSE Blue Book Assurance elements in to project-specific procedures, ensure consistency with client requirements and prequalification support
- Represent and speak for project HSSE to E&IS concerned parties, client representatives, and stakeholders (e.g. presenting, explaining, selling, defending, and negotiating)
- Facilitate project management use of lessons learned generated from E&IS-wide incidents and near misses and corrective actions generated from monthly subcontractor HSSE reviews
- Manage incident and near miss investigation program and advertisement and improvement to HEART programs
- Support E&IS project and client management and S&D in continuous interactions with ultimate customer and participate in routine interface activities
Wood has a career opportunity for a Binder Laboratory Technician to join our Phoenix, AZ team. This individual will receive and test samples following a variety of standard procedures. Our ideal candidate is sharp, willing to learn, flexible and has great attention to detail.
- Conduct tests and investigations in the laboratory and/or field to obtain data for use by engineering and technical personnel in determining physical properties of bituminous materials
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses to determine chemical and physical properties of experimental and developmental materials
- Perform laboratory tests according to prescribed procedures, processes and standards
- Use specialized equipment and apparatus to prepare analyses, reports, and / or technical drawings
- Operate computer systems and peripheral equipment
- Clean working areas in the laboratory
- Maintain results log
- Enter data and use spreadsheet computer programs
- Confers with Engineers and Scientific staff on test and design efforts
- Set up, maintain and calibrate equipment
- Will use mathematical equations to calculate test results
- May require some lifting and carrying
- Work around hot bituminous materials
- Work in a safe manner according to company policies, procedures, and laboratory practices
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking an experienced Geotechnical and Materials Engineer to work within our Geotechnical department executing of a wide range of projects related to nuclear, energy, transportation, industrial/commercial, and government sectors. Position would include leadership of geotechnical and materials engineering staff, laboratory management and laboratory testing, technical execution of projects, (>$250k) related to dams, nuclear plants, transportation structures, commercial development, and government services. Role would be based in our Atlanta, Georgia office.
The successful candidate should be flexible in assignments, willing to travel periodically, and eager to learn. Technical services work areas include:
- Leadership of projects, and staff, including laboratories, with a focus on concrete, aggregate, and soils
- Coordination with clients to define work programs and budgets, including project execution, general oversight and planning, and project coordination
- Develop and enhance key client relationships and would serve as a primary company and contact on projects
- Responsibility for certain aspects of a project including execution, safety, scope development, staff management, and quality control
- Coordinate work efforts and provide review of work performed
- Manage and deliver quality projects safely, on-time, within budget and to the satisfaction of the client
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions currently has a full-time career opportunity for an experienced, resourceful and dedicated individual to join our worldwide A/E/C firm as a Marketing Coordinator in our Lakeland, Florida office. A self-directed individual, who enjoys working in a dynamic environment, and is able to work collaboratively with several departments on a variety of marketing materials will thrive in this environment.
This individual will be responsible for:
- Proposal development
- Proposal production
- Copy writing/editing
- Collateral creation and production
- Graphic design
- General marketing support through various administrative tasks
Wood is currently recruiting Commissioning and Start Up Managers whowill have full responsibility to direct and execute commissioning activities for greenfield/brownfield oil & gas UPSTREAM project, and for implementing Wood's Safety Policies and Procedures throughout the commissioning phases of the project.
- Responsible to prepare Commissioning philosophy, schedule and procedures during project Detailed Design phase.
- Responsible to commission and start-up all systems, completing the commissioning work-scope in a logical and controlled sequence and to the project specifications.
- Responsible for day-to-day commissioning activities. Execute Commissioning Procedures directing a Commissioning Team consisting of commissioning engineers, technicians, Operations personnel, other contractors, and vendor support personnel.
- Support system handover and acceptance from Construction Team including system discipline walk downs and punch list generation.
- Report to the Project Manager on issues regarding commissioning, start up schedule and progress
- Interface with client management regarding commissioning and start-up.
- Ensure all commissioning resources are being utilised in a cost effective manner.
- Define system priority hand over list from Construction to Commissioning.
- Will direct or assist in developing Project Manpower Estimates and System Commissioning Schedules.
- Develop and maintain commissioning budget.
- Develop and review commissioning test equipment and material take-offs for onshore and offshore execution.
- Develop vendor call-out requirements and schedule for specialized vendor supplied equipment and overall vendor coordination.
- Prepare systems for final inspection and hand over to Operations Team after commissioning procedures are complete.
- Provide assistance in evaluation and selection of Commissioning Team staff members. Declare and assign roles and responsibilities for Commissioning team members.
- Need proficiency in MS Office Applications e.g., Word, Excel, Access, Power Point.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
Wood Automation and Controls is currently recruiting for a Controls Engineer with extensive experience in our Nashville (Smyrna), TN office. Individual must be able to perform design, engineering and field start up responsibilities for System Integration in the Electrical Controls industry. In addition, proven troubleshooting skills are necessary.
This role offers an opportunity to advance your career, challenge your skills, and be part of a winning team.
- Review projects including quotes, job specifications and resolve any quote to job specifications differences.
- Review specifications and standard practices – inclusive of the internal hardwired and logic standards, general specifications and scope of work.
- Design requirements which include establishing non-standard designs, generating system map layouts, generating a sequence of operations, reviewing cycle time studies and dimension switch layouts, generation of design packages, design logic, enter logic, and the design of Smart Displays.
- Material responsibility includes advance material order, specifying Mod Box material, specifying Panel material, writing Mod Box EBMs and writing panel material EBMs.
- Assisting with installation
- Debugging with no additional support
- Launch and Standby
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking an Engineering Technician to join our team in the Midwest. The successful candidate will be based on a project site in LaSalle, Illinois.
- Perform site surveys and inspections
- Production of CAD (Computer Aided Design) Drawings
- Produces routine plans
- Preparation of calculations
- Contributing to providing solutions to design problems
- Drafting of topographic surveys from survey field data
- Preparation of property boundary surveys
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions’ South Florida office is seeking a senior level professional with experience providing professional and technical direction and advice on building/facilities engineering and construction related matters. Our ideal candidate will specialize in full life-cycle management of multiple large, multi-discipline projects from the time of assignment to commissioning, close-out, and turnover to client, asset lifecycle planning, facility standards, maintenance & repairs, capital projects and building assessments to identify defects and their repair needs and/or advise on ways of improving and maintaining buildings, but also have experience with feasibility studies, managing construction projects, design co-ordination, tendering works, contract administration, budget control and construction monitoring. Types of buildings worked with include, but are not limited to: offices, industrial units, schools, colleges, hotels, pharmaceutical facilities, product assembly facilities, laboratories, and manufacturing centers.
- Possess knowledge of construction processes, engineering and design application and building/infrastructure component assembly
- Demonstrate project management skills in the management of integration/coordination of project elements, delegation of activities in the management of stakeholders, scope management, time management, cost management, quality assurance, managing changes priorities and communication management in the generation, collection, dissemination, storage and ultimate disposition of project information
- Ensure that projects are successfully completed on schedule, within the approval budget and in accordance with applicable quality standards
- Guides and manages the Project Team (customers, General Contractor/Construction Manager, Consultants, Facilities Planning Design & Construction, internal resources and Facilities Management Division groups) to yield productive actions through conflict management and use of good written and verbal communication to ensure a successful project completion
- Candidate is expected to be certified PMP within one year of employment
- Fully vetted in OSHA 1926 and OSHA 1910 with 100% accountability for compliance with all applicable Environmental, Health and Safety requirements in the performance of the projects
- Clear and precise record keeping meeting contract requirements and regulatory requirements
- Compliance and coordination with all authorities having jurisdiction (AHJ’s) either directly or through client assigned interface contacts
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a SeniorMechanical/HVAC Drafter/Designer (over 5 years of applicable experience) to join our team in Laramie, WY
Qualified candidates will have advanced computer aided design (CAD) skills and meaningful experience in infrastructure HVAC and Plumbing system design. Primary focus for project work will be to prepare construction drawings for HVAC, plumbing, and fire protection systems for new and/or retrofit buildings. The position may also support other specialty disciplines and infrastructure projects.
- Support mechanical HVAC and Plumbing system drawing development, projects, and clients with accurate drafting and design
- Develop schematics, P&ID’s, plan drawings, elevation views, section views, and installation details
- Convey results and findings by means of oral discussions, graphic-based presentations and project documentation
- Design or redesign complex layouts and drawings from general sketches, or written and verbal specifications from project team
- Create exhibits and documents for presentations and reports
- Work with project team to investigate and resolve problems with existing designs and make corrections to drawings as requested by the senior staff
- Create and update database of design records for reference and utilization on future projects.
- Adhere to discipline-specific CAD standards
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Mechanical EIT to join our team in Laramie, WY.
- Primary focus for project work will be to support as drafter/designer the preparation of construction drawings for HVAC and plumbing systems for new and/or retrofit buildings
- May support engineering efforts related to other engineering disciplines and business practices
- Convey results and findings by means of oral discussions, graphic-based presentations, and project documentation
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our team in Laramie, WY
- Works in a team to provide technical packages within defined schedule and budget requirements
- Executes facility mechanical engineering HVAC and plumbing designs IAW applicable codes and standards
- Evaluates LEED/sustainable equipment/material opportunities for new construction and renovation projects
- Performs field energy audits; Model facilities' energy use to support equipment change out and selection
- Performs facility system assessment field work
- Generates workload plans, design analyses, drawing plans, specifications, cost estimates and estimated construction schedule
- Supports proposals generation
- Significant CADD work with AutoCAD and Revit
- Reviews work of and provides guidance to junior engineers
- Review submissions for adequacy and compliance with contractual documents
- Performs site verification on construction projects
- Typical projects include repair/replacement and new facility system designs for Department of Defense installations worldwide, USPS nationwide projects, and local commercial projects, with construction values ranging from hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars