Wood is currently searching for a Project Manager with experience in the chemical manufacturing industry. As the Project Manager you will be responsible for managing small facility based projects in an active chemical manufacturing plant as part of our customer's capital project’s group in Bayport, Texas.
At this time, we will only consider applications from (US) citizens or those with the required permit/VISA for this region, in place.
- Ensure that clear and complete scopes, schedules, and budgets are prepared and accepted by the client for assigned projects
- Develop and documents the execution plan for each project which is scaled to the size and complexity of that project
- Determine the resources needed by the project in order to execute it efficiently
- Is responsible for applying sound engineering practices
- Provide guidance to the project team to accomplish the scope of work and achieve project goals, schedule milestones and cost & quality objectives
- Responsible for prompt recognition, documentation, and communication of scope and design changes and for client authorization prior to scope changes
- Maintain and tracks scope, schedule, cost, and quality trends throughout the project
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of all deliverables and services provided by the project
- Hold regular project meetings and communicates regularly to keep all team members and project stake holders up to date on the status of the project, progress against milestones, costs, schedule progress, and other critical or contractual items
- Work with onsite and external construction and maintenance contractors to assure that projects are completed as intended
- Has responsibility for project completion, including quality of deliverables, and closeout
POSITION: QA/QC Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Project Manager
This position will primarily be responsible for working with the Project Manager to ensure the management of the quality standards for piping and fabrication projects for oil and gas customers:
Assure that all incoming materials and components used in construction meet clients’ quality standards
Gather relevant construction data and documentation in the shop in order to complete job books
Assist in fulfilling customer contract expectations with respect to compliance and standards
Work-in-progress inspections in order to verity that work has been completed in accordance with project quality requirements.
Maintenance of project documentation in both electronic and hard copy form and provide copies for files and client.
Minimum 3 - 5 years and above documented field/shop experience with ability to read and interpret instructions and documents, plan and perform work activities independently.
Wood is currently seeking a People & Organization (P&O) Manager to join our team in Loveland, CO who will support Oil & Gas Pipeline and Facilities Construction Business Units as a P&O (HR) Business Partner for both salaried staff and skill trade / craft employees. The P&O Manager will participate on the Business Unit leadership teams contributing to business decisions and strategy development and provide key HR related information and recommendations. The P&O Manager will serve as confidant to managers on issues of personnel performance, team performance, organization structure and talent deployment. The P&O Manger will engage in activities to evaluate and maximize leadership team dynamics, alignment and performance, will participate on the Service Line P&O leadership team contributing to the execution of the strategic action plan. The P&O Manager will manage all aspects of the Business Units P&O function and staff including oversite of the services delivered by shared services, regional P&O services and global specialisms.
- Advise Business Unit leadership team in processes related to discipline, grievances, harassment, discrimination and termination including reductions in force
- Thoroughly investigate, document and recommend resolutions to claims of unfair treatment, policy violations or illegal acts
- Ensure statutory compliance or risk minimization in employment related processes by identifying and recommending improvements and implementing if approved
- Drive required government agency reporting to occur (for example US specific Affirmative Action planning) within the Business Unit or through regional P&O or shared services
- Ensure compliance with internal procedures including site adherence of both client and company initiated substance abuse policies and procedures
- Resolve legal disputes or government agency claims or by engaging with agencies, legal counsel, internal parties (including guidance from other HR authorities and approvals) to generate responses, to settle issues or to defend in court
- Analyze trends of complaints and recommend corrections
- Initiate and oversee processing of employee related transactions for leadership roles such as changes to title, line manager, department, employee classification, physical location, etc.
- Provides counsel and services in exiting high level staff including overseeing exit agreements from generation to conclusion
- Analyze termination / exit data and reports and recommend actions to address issues and trends
- Evaluate and track common employee relations issues and design plans and strategies to minimize their occurrence and negative effects
- Ensure compliance with Federal (ADA, FMLA, etc.) and Local legislation
- Compensation and Benefits
- Advise Business Unit leadership teams on base pay and incentive decisions of new hires and existing staff using analysis of job role, market data, internal structure, comp-ratio and performance
- Support Service Line leadership in executing annual salary review for all staff positions
- Initiate compensation related transactions for Business Unit leadership teams; ensure all required approvals per DOA are obtained before implementation
- Actively monitor internal equity and recommend actions to address potentially unfair cases
- Advise employees and managers on procedures, programs and regulations around leaves of absence
- Answer basic questions on plan offerings in paid time off, 401(k), and health and welfare
- HR Information Management
- Access and review data for accuracy
- Run / obtain reports on a regular and ad hoc basis
- Is jointly accountable for data integrity of the Business Units and initiates corrections when discovered
Talent Management / Learning & Development / Organizational Development
- Identify and diagnose improvement opportunities and dysfunction in areas of leadership and team performance. Facilitate creating and implementing interventions to address these issues
- Develop and deliver training in various areas especially P&O topics for managers
- Support the performance review process and completion of individual development plans including training managers on the process, aiding with competency assessment and facilitating calibration sessions
- Coach Business Unit leadership teams in managing performance and conducting difficult conversations
- Facilitate completion of annual succession planning and talent identification processes and development planning for those identified
- Use data from HRIS to develop action plans to address areas of concerns such as diversity, skills gaps, aging workforce, voluntary terminations, etc.
- Prompt leadership teams to be intentional about diversity and inclusion planning and action
- Facilitate study of and response to engagement and climate surveys including interpretation of results and action planning
Other Core Responsibilities
- Help identify talent gaps and needs and work in partnership with Resourcing and Business Unit leadership teams members to source candidates
- Support strategic resource planning (interns, graduates, diversity, succession)
- Support Resourcing function in development of complex offers
- Initiate requests to Global Mobility for the generation of terms, conditions and cost projections for assignment of a leadership team member as well as requests to mobilize and demobilize such
- Initiate the generation of terms, conditions and cost projections for project assignments for salaried staff as well skilled trade / craft employees as well as requests to mobilize or demobilize such
- Pursue self-development and certification through personal study, formal education, national or global professional associations (including local chapters of these) or other sources of quality HR/Business learning
- Perform other duties as requested by management, participate in corporate initiatives such as procedure review/re-writes/alignment, systems implementations, change management...etc.
- Collaborate with wider P&O team across the business.
Wood is currently seeking Manager, Civil Structural Architectural Engineering for our mining consulting and EPCM projects in our Salt Lake City office.
This role has overall responsibility for overseeing the CSA department including development of budgets, schedules and reports as well as for the management and coordination of project staff. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Management of the civil / structural / architectural engineering group
- Provide technical support and authority for department engineering calculations, design drawing review, field investigations, and solutions for the design, construction or upgrading of industrial buildings, facilities, and services
- Carry out duties and responsibilities as discipline lead CSA engineer
- Approve specifications and assist in preparation of contract documents, proposals, staffing estimates, requisitions, construction supervision
- Prepare cost, time and resource requirement estimates on assigned proposals from study phase to execution projects.
- Oversee the development of project budgets, schedules and reports
- Ability to act as project manager for brown-field multi-disciplined projects and ensuring safe, cost effective, efficient and timely completion of projects to meet and/or exceed client expectations
- Develop and maintain communication channels with clients, stake holders, and internal personnel to ensure that work flows smoothly
- Identify scope and schedule changes in accordance with the change control process
- Ensure technical integrity of the CSA deliverables for the project. In particular, ensure compliance with the scope of work and with applicable local and international standards.
- Coordinate with other discipline engineering managers to ensure common standards are maintained and work-flows are integrated. Ensure corporate standards and procedures are maintained
- Provide leadership, mentoring, guidance and technical expertise to the CSA and project teams
- Develop and implement staffing and training plans, in coordination with appropriate departments and projects
- Identify and recommend plans for improvements in work processes, standards, tools and procedures
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking an Associate Mechanical Engineer/Director of Design Group to join our dynamic team in Orlando, FL. The ideal candidate will have a background in MEP design, energy efficiency, have leadership experience, good communication skills and ability to work with a group of experienced professionals.
Are you a Mechanical Engineer who enjoys technical aspects of projects, project management and energy efficient design and commissioning work? Do local, national and international projects appeal to you? We also need you to use your leadership skills to lead a design team. We have an excellent career opportunity in our international organization. We are looking for an individual with technical and project leadership capabilities. In this position you will provide solutions for your clients and lead technical initiatives.
- Work on technical assignments (both field and office) and support HVAC design and energy related projects
- Field assignments are local, national and international depending on technical capabilities and desire to travel; Overnight travel is estimated to be about 15%
- The engineer in this position will lead a small team of mechanical engineers and be responsible for the final deliverables
- Typical team assignments will include HVAC retrofit projects, interfacing with clients and contractors, project cost estimation, energy auditing of large HVAC systems and controls, identification of energy conservation measures, boiler and chiller plant upgrades, DDC systems and building stimulation energy modeling
- Strong commitment to company’s safety program; follow company safety standards, site safety standards and maintain safe workplace practices
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking an AP Specialist (Expense/Invoice Processing) to join our team in Alpharetta, GA.
Accurate audit and timely processing of employee expense reports for reimbursement using the Deltek System. Careful attention to detail to ensure company policies/procedures are being followed and compliance to DCAA/FAR requirements. Also ensures timely processing to meet established deadlines for reimbursement. Work closely with offices, management and vendors and provide prompt responses to inquiries. Responsible for researching input and/or payment issues, travel suspense and advance issues, and working on special projects/assignments, as required by management.
- Thorough audit of expense reports in accordance with company policies and DCAA/FAR requirements
- Timely expense report processing
- Address employee expense related concerns/issues
- Assists with Travel Suspense and Cash Advance reconciliations
- Assists with audit requests as directed
- Works on special project, as directed
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions s seeking a Receptionist / Office Assistant for our office in Costa Mesa, CA.
- Answer phones
- Mail/overnight shipments
- Payables/check requests/lmageNow
- Set up vendors/A/P requests from vendors
- Assist PM's with PO’s for projects
- Assist Stormwater group with mailings
- Unpack office supplies
- Manage shipments received for staff
- Schedule meetings/set up conference rooms
- Open/close office
- Order supplies
- Data checking
- Miscellaneous assistance with project work
- Miscellaneous office help
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking an On-call Aquatic Toxicology Laboratory Assistant to perform glassware cleaning & basic lab procedures.
We are looking for motivated, team-oriented individuals to help maintain and operate an aquatic toxicity laboratory in San Diego, CA. This position will require some flexibility with the work schedule. A strong work ethic, organizational skills, attention to detail, and a fun and positive attitude are required.
The ideal candidate will have recent experience working in a laboratory environment. Experience can include glassware cleaning, working with chemicals, and performing basic lab procedures with meters and equipment. Work schedule may vary from week to week (more hours may be needed when busy). The potential new hire will primarily work around wastewater samples, natural seawater, and various marine and freshwater organisms. The position may involve occasional work with small volumes of acid, acetone, and formalin.
Primary responsibilities for the Laboratory Assistant position include:
- Cleaning glassware, plastics, and lab equipment
- Lab cleaning, storing and organizing lab supplies and equipment
- Strictly follows instructions, standard lab practices or procedures, and adheres to personal protective practices within the laboratory
- Assisting the staff with basic lab practices and test preparations
- May include microscope work, meter and equipment maintenance and operation
- Safety leadership. Has the passion to lead the groups Safety Culture.
- Build relationships with clients and personnel that will strengthen the team
- Leader, Self-motivated, Driven, Passionate,
- Weekly travel needed to assess site needs, management reports, etc.
- Ability to multi task and prioritize.
- Interface with BD & Engineering to select the right opportunities
- Bid work to make goals and reduce risk.
- Interface with all project leaders to engage/track projects progress to meet all goals.
- Build group with a mission of training individuals to move into EPC roles.
- Review contracts/terms with our legal teams approvals.
- Prepare/present projects for management approvals
- Be engaged (overall responsibility) of proposals, billed rates, etc.
- Recruit/Staff projects as business need requires.
- Manage overhead cost
- Manage CM employee travel cost and expenses
- Support Power O&M VP in business P&L
- Establish a training curriculum to address the needs and requirements of each CM employee
- Conduct annual evaluation of each CM employee to ensure growth and expectations are being met
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a qualified Environmental Professional with 10 - 25 years of experience in environmental consulting and project management in the northeast. The successful candidate will report into our Vice Present of New Jersey Operations located in the Hamilton office. This strategic role has responsibility for contributing to the growth of our environmental business across the Wood organization with focus on New Jersey and navigating EPA and state regulatory programs through the remedial stages. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Work as a strong business developer to identify new and grow key client accounts
- Participate in developing and driving growth strategies for our environmental business including networking outside and inside Wood
- Support achieving sales and operational benchmarks
- Participate in hiring and retention of E&IS staff
- Ensure the management and coordination of project staff and sub-contractors to ensure safe, cost effective, efficient and timely completion of projects to meet and/or exceed client expectations
- Support quality project delivery including technical content and QA/QC to ensure client satisfaction
- Stand up for safety in all we do
Wood has an immediate need for an intermediate Electrical Designer in our Salt Lake City location. This position designs electrical, instrumentation and control circuits or systems for industrial facilities and develops drawings and other documents to support those designs using a computer-aided design (CAD) system and other tools.
- Create new or modify existing electrical drawings including, but not limited to, one-line diagrams, schematics, wiring diagrams and lighting, grounding, cable tray & equipment layouts
- Create new or modify existing instrumentation drawings including, but not limited to, instrument layouts and details
- Create new or modify existing control systems drawings including, but not limited to, control equipment layouts and control panel layouts, wiring diagrams, schematics & details
Wood seeks a Structural-Boilermaker Superintendent. On assigned project(s), plans, organizes and controls company resources and provides leadership, clear direction, and good example to assigned company personnel and craft personnel to achieve customer satisfaction and attainment of schedule, cost, and profit objectives while adhering to safety and quality requirements and company policies. Responsible for planning, coordinating and controlling the day-to-day field operations to achieve the scheduled progress of the work in the assigned areas and for the assigned crafts and subcontractors. This project-based/fixed-term position will be based in Stanley, NC (Siemens-Lincoln Station Project)
Essential Job Function:
· Interprets client plans and specifications; becomes familiar with project and local labor agreements.
· Reviews and becomes familiar with the schedule of the work. Plans and tracks work to ensure efficient use of resources.
· Communicates any deviations and accounts for them properly.
· Becomes familiar with the site safety plan and project safety requirements. Ensures all activities are done safely.
· Reviews and becomes familiar with the site quality plan and project quality requirements.
· Ensures that assigned personnel do not make changes or alterations to the work without proper written instruction.
· Manages and controls rental equipment use, and ensures proper care of the company tools and equipment.
· Ensures through field presence and observation that the work is being completed in accord with plans and specifications; documents all daily activity.
Essential Job Functions Under Certain Circumstances:
· May lead a group of subordinate superintendents.
· Advises management of any issues that arise (regarding employee relations, safety and quality).
· Writes progress reports to be submitted to the client and company management.
· Understands union jurisdiction issues and prevents grievances.
· Performs the duties and responsibilities of Construction Manager when requested.
· Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Wood is seeking an experienced Project Administrator to work in our Salt Lake City office to support projects in the mining, minerals and petrochemical industries.
Responsibilities may include:
- Assist Project Managers with all project administration duties and act as the office point of contact for project coordination
- Assist Project Managers with Project Controls teams with set up, closeout, updates, reports, expenses and subconsultants invoices processing, purchase orders processing.
- Setting up contract listing for project and working with IT to set up project drives
- Liaison with Finance to issue monthly invoices and follow up on unpaid invoices
- Perform, co-ordinate and supervise document control tasks including revision control, issuing by transmittal, workflow, and distribution of internally produced controlled documents according to the applicable QA procedures
- Coordinate and provide administrative assistance to the Office Team
- General office administrative duties such as filing, coordinating travel, preparing expense statements, arranging couriers, stocking office supplies.
- Maintaining consistency in project documentation for format and content, including editing and proofreading documents
- Preparing spreadsheet and maintaining databases
- Assist with the preparation of proposals and technical report writing
- Maintaining, updating and issuing project specific design standards and project master list within Wood’s Quality Management System
- Maintain all approved forms, procedures and work instructions for use on the projects
- Aides with new hires by working with IT to ensure their workstation configurations are complete.
Wood is seeking a Site Environmental Technician for an industrial construction project assignment in Lincoln County, NC.
The position of Site Environmental Technician reports directly to the Project Health, Safety, Security, and Environmental (HSSE) Manager, and indirectly to the Director of HSSE for the Wood Power & Process Facilities Construction Group. The position calls for candidates with passion and drive. This is an entry to mid-level role that requires a high level of commitment and dedication to the health and well-being of our employees and our project sites. The ideal candidate will have education, training, and experience in the field environmental studies and management commensurate with the desired position. This includes experience with site permitting, Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans, Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure Plans, required site environmental inspections, environmental best practices, training, spill response, hazardous waste operations and control, and any other site environmental management experience that may not be listed here.
Key Aims & Objectives:
- Uphold Wood’s commitment to the environment and sustainability.
- Fully support project and business unit needs.
Prime Responsibilities & Duties:
- Provide technical direction and guidance to the assigned Project.
- Ensure Project compliance with environmental permitting, plans, and legislative requirements.
- Periodically review current Wood environmental policies and procedures, making recommendations for improvement.
- Lead and support development and implementation of environmental management systems.
- Utilize Wood audit protocols for Project assessment and compliance.
- Lead or participate in investigation of environmental incidents and prepare incident report(s).
- Support the Project’s HSSE initiatives and programs.
- Review existing policies and procedures, making recommendations for improvement.
- Assist in the development of new HSSE policies and procedures to meet Project and overall Wood needs.
- Utilize Wood audit protocols for all PPA locations
- Participate in incident investigation and root cause analysis processes and prepare required report(s).
- Assist employees and crews in the planning, recognition, evaluation, and mediation of risk for the Project.
- Gain knowledge and understanding of applicable legislative, client, and Wood requirements for the Project.
- Engage in the HSSE Training process for the Project.
- Communicate effectively and regularly with Wood employees and supervision.
- Provide injury care for employees.
- Assist with implementation of the Wood Drug & Alcohol Program.
- Support the needs of the Project HSSE Department.
- Keep management informed of the status of the project and/or business unit regarding environmental management and needs.
- Assist in the planning, recognition, evaluation, and mediation of risk for the Project.
- Provide oversight for contractors and subcontractors as necessary to ensure compliance with Wood policy and procedure.
- Maintain expert knowledge and assure compliance with all applicable legislative and client requirements for locations.
- Develop, facilitate, and/or conduct training for the project as needed.
- Participant in various leadership initiatives currently established
- Communicate effectively and regularly with employees, supervision, and management.
- Provide environmental incident management and care.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting with internal and external support (including, but not limited to, regulatory notifications, response measures, spill clean-up, hazardous waste disposal management, etc.).
- Compile and share safety lessons learned across the business
Wood is currently seeking a Health, Safety, Security, & Environmental (HSSE) Inspector to join our project team at our construction sites ins Virginia and North Carolina. The position of HSSE Inspector reports directly to the Project Safety Manager, and indirectly to the Director of HSSE for the Wood Power & Process group. The position calls for candidates with passion and drive. This is an entry to mid-level role that requires a high level of commitment and dedication to the health and wellbeing of others in our industry. The ideal candidate will have education, training, and experience in the fields of occupational safety and health and construction commensurate with the desired position. This includes experience with HSSE programs and concepts, training, injury care, program implementation, auditing, employee and supervisor engagement, and other HSSE experience that may not be listed here.
Key Aims & Objectives
- Positively influence the Project by action, belief and conviction in the human system of safety management
- Improve performance by setting an example of no compromise safety excellence
Prime Responsibilities & Duties
- Support the Project’s HSSE initiatives and programs
- Provide technical guidance to the assigned Project
- Review existing policies and procedures, making recommendations for improvement
- Assist in the development of new HSSE policies and procedures to meet Project and overall Wood needs
- Implement HSSE management systems that support the Project needs - These can include site-specific plans and programs
- Utilize Wood audit protocols
- Participate in incident investigation and root cause analysis processes, and prepare required report(s)
- Regularly communicate the status of the Project’s HSSE culture and performance with Project Management
- Assist supervision and employees in the planning, recognition, evaluation, and mediation of risk for the Project
- Provide oversight for contractors and subcontractors as necessary to ensure compliance with Wood policy and procedure
- Assure compliance with all applicable legislative, client, and Wood requirements for the Project
- Facilitate and/or conduct HSSE training for the project as needed, and assure training is tracked internally as required
- Communicate effectively and regularly with Wood employees, supervision, and management
- Implement the Wood Drug & Alcohol Program at the project level
- Provide injury management and care for employees, and provide timely and accurate reporting
- Compile and share safety lessons learned across Wood
Project Cost Engineer/Controller
The position will require duties to be carried out at the project site at Duke’s Lincoln Station in Stanley NC. The position is for a cost control engineer that will lead the project controls effort at the jobsite.
The position is a salaried position with benefits packages as provided by the company. This is not a contract position. Project assignments include subsistence (LOA). Any corporate assignments include reimbursed expenses for those persons not located in the metro Atlanta Georgia area. This is not a corporate position, but may require time spent in the corporate office in Tucker Georgia.
The position is specific for the project with a possibility to continue with Wood on other assignments if available.
- Responsible for monitoring and controlling allocation of costs for project’s chart of accounts
- Responsible for all project controls functions
- Provides financial and various other periodic reporting for project; including cost, commitments, contingency, margin, revenue, manhours and forecasting
- Responsible for maintaining change management program for project; including participation in recognizing, scoping and estimating change
- Responsible for project forecast integrity for all costs; including direct labor, indirect labor, direct material, tagged equipment, indirect material, equipment rentals, subcontracts, engineering
- Charts and trends productivity in reports
- Coordinates with planning and execution and raises issues of cost performance for the project
- Ability to perform quantity surveying, take off and estimating activities
- Provide narratives to explain variances from baseline (as sold) budgets to current budgets to forecasts
- Analyze subcontractor change requests
Wood is currently recruiting for a CADWorx Administrator for the Houston, TX Office.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- CADWorx project set-up and maintenance
- CADWorx Global set-up for Wood value centers.
- Provide “In-House” and “Field” CADWorx support and documentation as required (Help Desk)
- Create and maintain corporate and project level piping cats & specs
- Create model exports to Navisworks and other platforms
- Coordinate / Instruct training classes based on project or client needs
- Setup piping Isometrics to meet project requirements
- Project template setup and deployment
- Assist with CADWorx support for Global offices
Wood seeks a Supply Chain Procurement Buyer reporting to the Project Supply Chain Manager or Supply Chain Management. This role will be based in either Greeley, CO or Loveland, CO or Longmont, CO.
This position is responsible for effectively and professionally conducting and coordinating the activities associated with purchasing materials and/or equipment. The incumbent has good working knowledge and understanding of procurement concepts, principles and practices, and the techniques of ensuring task completion, project delivery processes, and supplier relationship expectations. The incumbent understands the role of procurement and of this position in the project delivery process, understands the integration of procurement with other project functions, accomplishes value-added expectations, and performs assignments in accordance with established policies and procedures. The incumbent has a good working knowledge and understanding of the concepts, principles, theories, and compliance requirements applicable to the assigned group, subject area, or commodity.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the procurement of goods and administer assigned purchase orders to accomplish project or group objectives and obligations
- Purchasing assignments typically will consist of major purchases of materials and equipment.
- Prepare bidder lists, qualify bidders, prepare requests for quotation, and conduct bid evaluations.
- Recommend source selections, lead purchase order negotiations, and prepare and issue purchase orders.
- Obtain necessary reviews and approvals of bidder exceptions, bid evaluations, recommendations, purchase orders, and change orders prior to execution.
- Utilize established policies, procedures, systems, and tools to assure maximum contribution.
- Evaluate facts surrounding purchase order-related problem areas, determine the most appropriate remedial actions, and implement such actions through available means.
- Administer assigned purchase orders, including change order processing, ensuring compliance with contractual terms and applicable regulations, invoice processing and verification, and performance evaluation; ensuring supplier compliance in a cost-effective, timely, and responsive manner.
- Identify and advise management of purchase order-related risks.
- Development of potential and qualified suppliers, including performance history.
- Maintain purchase order and purchasing process documentation.
- Preparation of proposal deliverables, such as pricing of materials.
- Assist Supply Chain Management in providing other support services as requested.
- Timeliness, accuracy, and adequacy of the purchasing activities.
- Fulfillment of the purchase order requirements.
- Effective management of change activity to protect the company from claims.
- Timeliness, accuracy, and adequacy of purchase order-related problem identification, status reporting, and corrective action.
- Effectiveness of relationships with suppliers, management, clients, and support organizations.
- Gain an understanding of business trends, industry issues and challenges, and supply market trends.
- Determine effective methods of delivering desired results.
- Assurance of the quality of tasks performed and outputs provided.
- Compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Reports to the appropriate Project Supply Chain Manager or other assigned Supply Chain Manager for performance of work and achieving objectives.
- Works under moderate to minimal supervision. No direct reports. Supervises the work of procurement support personnel who assist with the purchasing activities.
- Coordinates with project or departmental personnel in performance of the purchasing activities.
- Commits, spends and controls client and company dollars within limits established in company policies or procedures.
- Makes decisions within the scope of procedures and assures compliance with applicable Procurement policies and procedures.
Project Delivery Knowledge:
· Understands the project delivery processes as used for various contracting scopes (i.e. design, consulting, design-build, program management, construction management), and their relationship to procurement procedures.
- Understands overall corporate resources and capabilities.
- Has good communications and writing skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with suppliers, project teams, clients, and others to organize and motivate achievement.
- Uses personal computer in support of electronic mail, and standard Microsoft Office software.
· Familiar with the capabilities of a materials management system and understands how to use it effectively for the purchasing activities.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Federal Project Manager/Business Development Associate who can support business development and regional federal sales growth across the Southeastern Region of the US. An engineer or scientist with 10 to 15 years of progressively increasing federal project experience and marketing expertise is needed to expand our federal business line across the southeastern US. Our office is a leading engineering consulting business in Georgia, providing multi-disciplinary solutions covering all aspects of environmental consulting services, engineer design and construction services. The successful candidate should hold an active professional registration (P.E. or P.G.) in the State of Florida/Georgia (or southeastern state), have direct experience managing federal government projects and have a broad background in managing multidisciplinary environmental and engineering projects.
Duties include leadership, project management and execution of client projects for federal agencies, mainly the Department of Defense (DOD) clients. Connections to any one or all branches of the military is required, particularly the Army, Navy or Air Force, and former military duty is a plus. This position will support on-going and future engineering projects for a wide range of clients with components in A/E design, SRM, facilities assessment, environmental compliance and environmental engineering. The successful applicant must have broad understanding of the federal environmental, civil and AE markets to include both work execution and marketing and business development strategies. Technical report development, client management, regulatory agency coordination and permitting, and quality control management are preferred skills. Flexibility and willingness to work as part of an in interdisciplinary team is a must. Experience with developing proposals, costs estimates, and obtaining new clients and new work is also needed.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Work as a strong seller/doer to identify new clients and grow existing key client accounts within the federal DOD market as well as other federal and state governmental agencies throughout the SE Region ( Carolina’s, Georgia & Florida)
- Participate in developing and driving growth strategies for our engineering & facilities business including networking outside and inside of Wood
- Support achieving sales and operational benchmarks
- Manage engineering and environmental related projects for federal clients, particularly the Army (USACE), Navy, and Air Force
- Assist in preparation of both small and large-scale proposals as well as interacting with the company’s Sector Program
- Ability to present opportunities to management identifying potential risks and rewards
- Routine Travel to client’s office required for client satisfaction updates
- Demonstrate the ability to implement safe work practices in the field in accordance with the Health and Safety Plans (HASP) and other applicable regulations as well as preparation of HASPs
- Evaluate findings, make recommendations, and prepare written and verbal reports
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Manage client relationships
- Meet with clients and deliver presentations, as appropriate
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering (civil, environmental, mechanical, etc.) or geology preferred or related field
- Set and monitor budgets for the project
- Develop and maintain project schedules
- Ability to work within company’s sales force (CRM) platform to record, track and update sales opportunities
Wood is currently recruiting for a temporay Sr. Staff Accountant with experience in Oracle. The duration of this position is approximately 45 days.
The successful candidate will be based at the Wood office in Katy, TX, and will report directly to the Regional Director.
Temporary position for the clean-up of account reconciliations and account mapping from Oracle 11i to R12.
- Research and update account reconciliations with heavy focus on intercompany transactions
- Research and resolve account discrepancies
- Compile and reconcile audit support as needed
- Assist in various other assignments and special projects as arising from research
- Preparing journal entries as needed