The primary function of the Billing Specialist is to be responsible for a variety of financial and nonfinancial tasks involving budgeting, billing and invoice management related to time and material, costplus, and lump sum jobs throughout the oil and gas construction industry. The Billing Specialist will promote Wood in a positive manner, while developing a partnering relationship with the client to help reduce costs, and improve efficiency.
- The roles and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
Preparation of invoices for customers on cost plus and lump sum jobs.
- Collect, compare, and calculate labor and equipment timesheets against the weekly billing registers to assure accuracy. Verify that the correct pay rates and craft codes are being billed.
- Work closely with Accounts Payable to validate that all FTO’s are equal to vendor invoices and communicate any other discrepancies.
- Process all subcontractor invoices received on cost plus jobs. Ensure that subcontractors are utilizing the correct rates per the contract terms. Provide support to job site and office personnel. In addition, assist Timekeepers, Supervisors, Estimating and Payroll as needed. Must be able to meet daily, weekly, and monthly reporting and invoicing deadlines. o Enter/maintain revenue and cost budgets on active projects o Positive role model for Wood Group to the client, other contractors and the public.
The Estimator will be responsible for managing all estimating issues with interface to cost, commercial and schedule functions. She/he will understand the corporate and project specific estimating procedures and carry out all work in accordance with these. She/he will build working relationships and communicate effectively with all other functions. Will be responsible for the preparation of estimated from OOM to Execute; deliver estimates in a timely manner from required documents. She/he will deliver a comprehensive service to the business for all third-party activities including major equipment, materials, services and fabrications.
- Prepares complete and accurate estimates of all material cost and field labor man-hours, in accordance with established methods.
- Work with all relevant project and discipline personnel, pertaining to the preparation and evaluation of estimates.
- Utilizes detailed engineering data to determine quantities and types of materials.
- Sets strategic and tactical direction regarding policy/procedures, work force staffing, budgeting, and establishing and maintaining the technical standards within the discipline.
- Liaise with cost discipline to ensure all cost elements used in the compilation of estimates are accurate and aligned to current client contract T&Cs
- Liaise with planning department and project engineer to verify project start date and duration
- Liaise with procurement and engineering departments on 3rd party cost estimation.
- Liaise with project controls and engineering disciplines to proactively identify projects which may require Change Request prepared in advance of work taking place.
- Responsible for historical analysis of the accuracy of past estimates, identifying trends and potential accuracy improvement opportunities.
- Ensures compatibility of engineering data on all information supplied as to adherence and compliance to applicable codes, the organization’s standards, and client requirements.
- Maintains current pricing data file for commodities in the field of expertise.
- Reviews actual job files to measure the accuracy of estimate and to retrieve data for future use.
- Assists in establishing new methods and practices for the preparation of estimates.
- Provides assistance and guidance to subordinates.
Wood ASA Downstream & Chemicals Operation Services has a career opportunity for a Senior Business Development Account Executive in the downstream and chemicals sector.
Deer Park, TX – Occasional travel in the Gulf Coast area.
- Position is to expand the business development efforts of Wood ASA Downstream & Chemicals Operation Services business. Primary responsibility is targeting business development with new and existing clients in the downstream sector, for Engineering, Construction, EPC of capital projects, Operations & Maintenance and Turnarounds.
- Position requires forecasting of revenue and project tracking utilizing Wood Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System.
- Position requires preparation of Approval to Propose (ATP) and Approval to Submit (ATS) forms for all major proposals. This requires presenting job scope, contract, execution strategy and bid to win strategy to Senior Management prior to submitting the proposal.
- Serve on client account teams as a senior member to complete active, focused and successful business development and generate significant sales growth with a selected group of key client accounts.
- Drive growth through large projects, programs and opportunities
- Leverage Wood relationships with existing and new customers
- Drive sales opportunities through entire spectrum of Wood services and champion cross-divisional sales approach
- Partner with appropriate Sector Leaders and Business Managers to create and sell solutions to key clients
- Identify trends and develop a long-term view of the industry, market and client base
- Anticipate medium- and long-term client needs and industry dynamics
- Understand how to align business to execute global strategy of Wood
- Innovate and enhance geographic footprint and integrated approach
- Work closely with Operations managers to deliver profitable, safe and sustainable projects and services for our clients
- Client Account Managers
- Operations Managers, Area Managers and Wood BD representing all services throughout the organization.
Wood is currently seeking an experience HSE Analayst to add to our Houston, TX team.
- Expert knowledge of HSE Management System components.
- Anticipates the needs of stakeholders and provides a high level of services by ensuring effective processes are in place regarding the maintenance of components of the lower 48 HSE Management Systems.
- Liaise with resources in various functions within Lower 48 to ensure their documents are properly housed and maintained in the HSE Management System structure.
- Assists in the development of policies, procedures and standards.
- Coordinate the review of Management System documents; soliciting and compiling comments to effectuate proposed changes.
- Maintain and create processes for Lower 48 Management System documents and storage mechanisms.
- Ensure L48 Management System procedures, standards and guidelines are consistent with Corporate HSER Standards and procedures.
- Responsible for developing and implementing various initiatives and products that will drive the Lower 48 HSE Management System forward.
- Assures compliance with all appropriate HSE initiatives.
- Fulfills pertinent miscellaneous duties/functions as assigned.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Graphics Designer to join our team in Houston, Texas.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required
Creates designs for a diverse array of projects such as web, advertisements, signage, etc. adhering to ConocoPhillips' brand guidelines.
- Effectively researches and completes all projects.
- Has knowledge and usage experience of design elements, color, ad composition.
- Follow account manager’s and/or client's art direction.
- Communicates clearly with clients about design elements and projects.
- Keeps account manager informed on all project designs and timelines.
- Understands and follows company standards when preparing vendor files.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Manages a wide variety of projects in a fast-paced work environment.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Geotechnical Engineer to join our team in the Knoxville, TN office. The candidate will support geotechnical field and office services as directed by senior engineers and project managers for geotechnical/civil projects related to energy, transportation, industrial, commercial, and government sector clients.
- Under limited direction of senior staff, lead geotechnical field coordination and technical oversight of site explorations including drilling observation and logging, field reporting, in situ testing, and construction monitoring
- Coordinate laboratory testing assignments, data compilation, and technical review of laboratory results
- Complete preparation of boring logs, data evaluation and engineering analysis, as well as draft design recommendations for subsurface investigation reports
- Draft slope stability, bearing capacity, seepage, and settlement analyses; Capable of designing retaining walls, foundations, embankments, pavements, and drainage features
- Work with senior-level staff to develop proposals, cost estimates, schedules, designs and analyses, budget management, as well as interact with clients on-site and in project meetings
- Assist in staff development and management tasks
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking experienced Archaeologists to work periodically on an as-needed project basis with senior project managers, senior archaeologists and architectural historians, and other environmental staff to expand existing and new client relationships, contribute to Wood’s capacity in the environmental and engineering marketplace.
The successful candidate will report to a Senior Program Manager and work directly with environmental and cultural resources specialists throughout California and the West. Primary responsibilities will include field work, report preparation, presentations of findings and recommendations, environmental impact analyses per NEPA, CEQA, Clean Water Act (CWA) Section 404 permitting, etc.
- Perform background research including archaeological site record and archival historical documentation searches
- Participate in Phase I surveys and Extended Phase I, Phase II Significance Assessments, and Phase III Data Recovery excavations
- Construction monitoring
- Conduct cultural resource studies in compliance with CEQA, NEPA, and other federal, state and local laws and regulations
- Contribute to National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA) Section 106 and/or 110 consultation studies
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking an On-call Energy Team Technician/AutoCAD Drafter to join our dynamic team in Gainesville, FL
Are you a technician with experience/interest in energy engineering and are familiar with AutoCAD? Position responsibilities will include AutoCAD drafting, project administrative support, energy efficient auditing, report preparation, field analysis of mechanical and electrical systems, and cost estimation. Are you looking for an opportunity to work with a worldwide company with an established team of professionals? We have an excellent career opportunity for an individual with technical skills to support our energy team in Gainesville, FL.
- Technician needed with technical skills to support energy engineering audit and design projects
- AutoCAD drafting of energy efficient design projects
- Will undertake technical assignments and specific elements of projects under close supervision of senior scientists and engineers
- Will assist in preparation of technical reports, correspondence, calculations and analysis
- Work on technical assignments (both field and office) and support energy related projects
- Strong commitment to company’s “Beyond Zero” safety program; follow company safety standards, site safety standards and maintain safe workplace practices
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Biologist to serve as member of the Traverse City, Novi, or Lansing Team in Michigan and support efforts across the state and region with an emphasis on biological resources.
- Participate in teams performing research / literature reviews, completing vegetation and wildlife surveys, and producing associated reports, maps, and GIS data
- Lead efforts for wetland and waters of the US delineations for a variety of clients throughout the state and region
- Participate in teams related to site development and Environmental Site Assessments, particularly when there is a sensitive biological resource
- Participate in teams preparing natural resources plans and documents related to listed species
- Participate in the preparation of documentation compliant with various permits related to biological and water resources required within the State of Michigan for a variety of project scopes and clients
- Specific tasks would include preparing data and documents, adhering to schedules, and supporting other team members
- Will work collaboratively with Natural Resources and Environmental staff throughout Michigan and nationwide
Wood is currently seeking a Health, Safety, Security, & Environmental (HSSE) Advisor. The position of HSSE Inspector reports directly to the Project Safety Manager, and indirectly to the Director of HSSE for the Wood Power & Process group. The position calls for candidates with passion and drive. This is an entry to mid-level role that requires a high level of commitment and dedication to the health and wellbeing of others in our industry. The ideal candidate will have education, training, and experience in the fields of occupational safety and health and construction commensurate with the desired position. This includes experience with HSSE programs and concepts, training, injury care, program implementation, auditing, employee and supervisor engagement, and other HSSE experience that may not be listed here.
Prime Responsibilities & Duties
- Support the Project’s HSSE initiatives and programs
- Provide technical guidance to the assigned Project
- Review existing policies and procedures, making recommendations for improvement
- Assist in the development of new HSSE policies and procedures to meet Project and overall Wood needs
- Implement HSSE management systems that support the Project needs - These can include site-specific plans and programs
- Utilize Wood audit protocols
- Participate in incident investigation and root cause analysis processes, and prepare required report(s)
- Regularly communicate the status of the Project’s HSSE culture and performance with Project Management
- Assist supervision and employees in the planning, recognition, evaluation, and mediation of risk for the Project
- Provide oversight for contractors and subcontractors as necessary to ensure compliance with Wood policy and procedure
- Assure compliance with all applicable legislative, client, and Wood requirements for the Project
- Facilitate and/or conduct HSSE training for the project as needed, and assure training is tracked internally as required
- Communicate effectively and regularly with Wood employees, supervision, and management
- Implement the Wood Drug & Alcohol Program at the project level
- Provide injury management and care for employees, and provide timely and accurate reporting
- Compile and share safety lessons learned across Wood
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for a Survey Manager to join our Springboro, OH office. This role will manage field survey crew chiefs for conventional construction staking projects and also manage CAD technicians building models for GPS grade control. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Utilizes and enforces Wood’s Standard Operating Procedures
- Oversees all survey personal and survey related activities throughout the assigned region
- Contacts the engineer to obtain and/or establish control point information and CAD file of all proposed information and any revisions as necessary for all projects
- Prepares finish grade surface model per the construction plans utilizing the engineer CAD file
- Coordinates with other engineering and surveying companies as needed to perform additional survey related and surface modeling tasks as necessary
- Shall schedule and oversee the performance of Surveyors and Survey Technicians assigned to the region
- Shall prepare tentative weekly schedule for all survey and layout activities to be performed in the region and provide copies to all Project Managers and Site Managers (preferably emailed every Friday for the following week)
- Directs survey and GPS technicians on a daily basis for performing topographic surveys, as-built surveys, construction layout and general GPS technician duties as requested by the Project Managers and Site Managers
- Consults with Project Managers, Site Managers and Superintendents on a periodic basis and attends operations and scheduling meetings as necessary
- Prepare, load and manage Trimble and Topcon Machine Grade Control files for all GPS equipment to include dozers, scrapers, base stations and rovers. (Copies of all files to be kept and managed on the G:Drive of Wood’s corporate server)
- Installation and maintenance of all GPS equipment to include Base Stations, Rovers and Machine Grade Control units
- Prepared cut/fill exhibits - generate topographic surveys and prepare overall site balance and any requested region reports
- Prepare as-built and topographic surveys for close-out documents or as required by contract and/or municipality
- Prepare stake out data for construction layout of utilities, curbs, walks, etc. as necessary
- Oversees Surveyors and Survey technicians to ensure all of the abovementioned duties are performed in accordance to Wood’s standard GPS Operations and Procedures
- Maintains and tracks the inventory of all GPS equipment (machines and survey related), transits, levels, lasers, tripods and leveling rods
- Performs the duties of the GPS Technician as needed
Wood is currently sourcing for a Human Resources Administrator(contract to hire) to join our team in Houston, TX(77084)..
*U.S Only; Ahothization to work in the US permanently without sponsorship required.
Our People & Organization (P&O) manages all people activity, including compensation, benefits, mobility, employee relations, recruiting, talent development and information systems. Everything People (EP) is a one-stop P&O support center for employees and leaders that focuses on effective and efficient execution of end-to-end people processes for the Americas region.
The HR Administrator serves as the point of contact for the Everything People Support Center (EPSC) by resolving inquiries within an accurate and timely manner. Responsible for data management across the range of HR Information Systems. Provide effective administrative support to the People and Organization (P&O) function including supporting projects.
Wood is currently looking for a Project Adminstrative and Scheduler to support our Project Management Office in Mexico City. A great opportunity if interested in a career path with administration and project management.
The Project Administrative and Scheduler is responsible for providing normal clerical services for the project team. Duties include:
- Set up and maintain the project filing system
- Coordinate administrative services for the project
- Assign numbers and maintain logs for project correspondence
- Administrate and update the project distribution list
- Develop and coordinate all correspondence within the project team
- Prepare the project file records for storage
- Schedule flights and reservations
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc. is seeking a Senior Transportation Planner with a minimum of 15 years experience in transportation planning. This exciting opportunity offers a growth position in a team-oriented environment for an individual with an established track record of transportation planning work with the Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT), Maricopa Association of Governments (MAG) and local public agencies. Project experience should include: corridor studies, small area transportation plans, transportation master planning, and multimodal planning. Candidate should understand ADOT and FHWA project development and funding processes (including Transportation Alternatives Program) and training workshops and presentations. Candidate should have experience working with ADOT, MAG, MPOs, COGs, FHWA, Tribes, and other local and county governmental transportation agencies. Experience with ADA transition planning and pedestrian and bicycle accommodations would be beneficial.
- Lead and pursue transportation planning projects
- Manage transportation planning and development projects
- Perform as a task lead on multidiscipline teams
- Provide quality control review of transportation planning projects
- Manage project scope, schedule, and budget
- Work with and mentor junior and mid-level staff
- Interface with clients, project teams, and other Wood managers
- Work effectively with team members as well as independently
- Prepare scopes of work and fee estimates
- Prepare understanding and approach for transportation planning project proposals
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions has a career opportunity for a Water/Wastewater Engineer to join our team in Phoenix, AZ. Primary focus for project work will be the development of engineering studies, design reports, construction documents, and construction oversight/administration related to water/wastewater infrastructure in the municipal and industrial markets. We have a talented staff and work in a friendly, flexible, positive, collaborative environment.
Provide engineering services in support of planning, studies, analysis, and design of water treatment and distribution systems, as well as wastewater collection and treatment systems, which may include pump/lift stations, chemical feed systems, and storage reservoirs.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking an Environmental Engineer to support our growing remediation practice in Phoenix, AZ. Our office is a leading engineering consulting business in Arizona, providing multi-disciplinary solutions covering all aspects of environmental consulting services, geotechnical engineering, infrastructure design and management, construction services, materials testing/engineering and water supply and resources services. We offer a varied and interesting diversity of clients and projects with an opportunity to learn and grow. We’d love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and the opportunity to make a difference.
The position will involve all facets of environmental remediation including, but not limited to, remediation feasibility studies, remedial investigations, remedial design of treatment facilities, and operation and maintenance support. This position offers the opportunity to work with a large and diverse team of engineers and geologists to address complex environmental challenges executing the following roles/responsibilities:
- Manage small to mid-scale environmental remediation projects as well as serve as assistant project manager on large, complex projects
- Support operation and maintenance of remediation systems and document site operations in routine monitoring reports
- Analyze and interpret environmental data and prepare documents supporting remediation of contaminated sites
- Sample soil, water, and waste to characterize contamination and evaluate remedial progress
- Design treatment systems, prepare engineering evaluations, and develop conceptual cost estimates
- Prepare Work Plans, Operation and Maintenance Plans, Sampling and Analysis Plans, Feasibility Studies, and Remedial Action Plans
- Prepare environmental permit applications and compliance reports supporting remediation system operations (e.g., air permitting, sewer discharge permitting, etc.)
- Conduct emission calculations and compliance audits in support of other air permitting projects
- Prepare design/bidding documents for soil/groundwater remediation systems soil excavation projects, demolition work, and conveyance piping
- Track payment applications, requests for information, change order requests and general construction phase submittals
- Conduct construction closeout activities including final inspections, completion of punch lists, record drawings, and contract closeout
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions currently has a career opportunity available for a Senior Project Manager – Water / Wastewater Engineer.
Are you an Engineer with 15+ years of experience? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established environmental consulting firm on technically complex projects and with opportunities for personal and professional growth? Are you looking for a firm that values its employee’s enthusiasm and technical contributions? We are growing and have a career opportunity for a Senior Project Manager Water / Wastewater Engineer to join our dynamic team. Oakland, CA (San Francisco Bay Area) is the location for the work with other offices in San Francisco and Petaluma.
- Develop and lead a project team in the Bay Area to provide a water/wastewater service line for municipal and industrial clients in California and the West Coast
- Develop and lead high quality, safety focused, leading edge sustainable engineering solutions to our municipal and industrial clients for consulting, design and construction services focused around municipal and industrial water / stormwater / wastewater evaluation & process design, facilities planning, engineering, permitting & compliance, construction, operations and general civil / industrial engineering services
- Contribute to client business development activities in a doer / seller format, including client development, SOW and proposal preparation and client - centric presentations
- Contribute to staff development consisting of individuals with 0 - 15 years’ experience and provide quality review, quality assurance and mentoring
- Execute project performance and budget monitoring & reporting (internally and externally)
- Serve as an effective interface between client's project team and consulting team, conveying technical, schedule and financial information in a timely and professional manner
- Provide supervision during engineering design for entry-level and other mid-level engineering staff
Title: Accounting Manager
** US Only- Authorization to work permanently in the US without sponsorship required.
Location: Corporate Office, Springboro, Ohio
Reports to: Senior Finance Manager
Supervises: Staff Accountant, Accounts Payable and Payroll Departments, Office Administrator
The Accounting Manager is responsible formaximizing the return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems for all accounting and financial reporting functions and for overseeing cost and general accounting, accounts payable/ receivable/collections, business analysis, and payroll.
- Serves as a leader that builds, develops, and maintains a culture of high performance to ensure the integrity of financial processes and systems.
- Plans, directs, coordinates financial period close.
- Establishes and maintains systems and controls which verify the integrity of all systems, processes, and data.
- Prepares and directs audits as required, reviews and distributes findings, ensuring that root causes of findings are understood and that appropriate action plans are put into place to correct unsatisfactory results.
- Manage various department personnel including Staff Accountant, Accounts Payable and Payroll teams, Office Admin.
- Advises management and operational personnel on accounting developments and financial position.
- Prepare and review ledger entries, reconciliations, and workpapers.
- Oversee Accounts Receivable and coordination of collection efforts.
- Manage treasury including bank accounts, cash disbursements, and employee purchasing card program.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Health, Safety, Security and Environmental Coordinator (HSSEC) to provide safety support on Facility Operations & Maintenance projects in the Durham, NC area.
- Ensure workers have proper levels of safety training and coordinate overall task-specific safety training where required
- Conduct New Employee Safety Orientation
- Work with the HSSE Manager to prepare and coordinate Daily Safety Training topics
- Present Daily Safety Training topics in an open forum to company employees and track daily and monthly safety requirements
- Review Activity Hazard Analysis (AHAs) and Job Hazard Assessments (JHAs) to ensure they remain up-to-date for all employees
- Work with the HSSE Manager to develop Site-Specific Safety Plans. Safety Plans are to be reviewed on an annual basis
- Maintain the safety training database by entering all required training in a timely manner
- Ensure proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is available and used by work crews
- Conduct, document and report all required monthly inspections
- Investigate and analyze hazardous conditions, near-misses and incidents
- Maintain HSSEC administrative files
- Other tasks as required by the Project Manager or HSSE Manager
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc. is currently seeking an Environmental Scientist/Geologist/Engineer to join our team in Somerset, New Jersey. The ideal candidate will have a B.S. degree in a related field with a minimum of 5 years of experience.
This position will be responsible for providing technical assistance for the remediation of contaminated sites. The position will include both office work and field work on a variety of environmental assessment, environmental engineering projects and remediation projects.
Field activities may include reconnaissance of project sites, remedial system construction oversight and O&M, installing and logging soil borings, oversight of groundwater monitoring well installations, collection of soil, groundwater, vapor samples, and system O&M. Some overnight travel may be required.
Office activities may include assistance with developing project scopes, cost estimates, analysis and interpretation of field results and the preparation of remedial investigation and operation and maintenance (O&M) reports.
- Perform routine operation and maintenance of soil, groundwater and vapor treatment systems
- Troubleshooting and resolving treatment system operation malfunctions and deficiencies of LNAPL, SVE, groundwater pump and treat and Sub-slab vapor intrusion systems
- Perform field oversight of remediation or construction subcontractors, field observations and data collection, and field sampling
- Vapor intrusion investigation experience a plus
- Compile, organize, and evaluate field and laboratory data for incorporation into technical reports; Recognize and identify discrepancies in results obtained in such assignments and follow-up with senior personnel to resolve
- Perform research, moderate design tasks, and prepare portions of project documents
- Prepare complete drafts of simple, non-complex technical reports; may also prepare drafts of portions of more complex technical reports, manuals, and field reports
- May participate in proposal preparation and project planning including developing work scope, task-level budgets, and cost estimates; may perform calculations, gather or review information, or prepare standard sections of proposals