Wood is currently recruiting for the position of compliance analyst within the ethics & compliance team.
**US Only- Authorization to work permanently in the US without sponsorship required.
The accountabilities and responsibilties of this role will be as follows:
- Develop and deliver the E&C Training Plan each year focusing on ‘high exposure personnel’ and key E&C risks
- Assist in developing a Training Strategy (e.g. 3-year lookahead) based on E&C risk trends, learnings from cases of misconduct and externally available data
- Develop and deliver the E&C Communications Plan each year with emphasis on engagement with leadership groups, targeted employee groups based on risks faced, and influencing messaging that originates from members of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) or their direct reports
- Lead key tasks within E&C improvement projects (e.g. the selection of and transition to a replacement Learning Management System (LMS) provider in 2019)
- Assist with the ongoing E&C risk management process by understanding how other internal functions and departments manage key E&C risks and by ensuring the E&C team is suitably aware of key E&C risks and taking proper mitigating action
- Assist with Wood’s E&C continuous improvement efforts by analysing internal performance trends, and also reviewing external benchmarking data, analysing against similar internal metrics, and recommending mitigating actions
- Assist with creating routine internal reports about the E&C program such as those to the ELT, Ethics Responsible Officers, Business Ethics Forum and SABE Committee of the Board
- Provide support to other E&C baseload or improvement project activities as needed and as time permits
Are you a Civil Engineer with 0-5 years of experience? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm on technically complex projects and with opportunities for personal and professional growth? Are you looking for a firm that values its employee’s enthusiasm and technical contributions? Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is growing, and we have a career opportunity for an Entry-Level Civil Engineer to join our dynamic Corpus Christi, TX team.
- Develop high quality, safety focused, leading edge sustainable engineering solutions to our clients for the oil & gas, municipal or equivalent industries for design services focused around facility operations, industrial water/wastewater treatment process evaluation & process design, facilities planning, engineering, permitting & compliance, construction, operations, and general civil/industrial engineering services
- Participate in engineering conceptual design and feasibility studies (pre FEED, FEED, FEL1, FEL2, and FEL3) as required to support the projects; understand and include process engineering information required to support permitting process
- Preparation of client air, water, solid waste permits
- Direct sampling and analyses, document preparation, arrange and conduct agency meetings, arrange publications and public hearings, direct air and water modeling, water effects studies, protects and appeals
- Demonstrate ownership of health & safety in all aspects of project execution, office and personal environments
- Develop site specific H&S plans for projects, as assisted by Wood safety professionals
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Water Treatment Operator to join our team in Butte, MT.
Would you like to be part of helping to improve the water quality for Butte, MT? Do you enjoy maintaining and troubleshooting electrical and mechanical pumping and filtration systems? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established environmental firm that values its employee’s enthusiasm and contributions? We encourage you to apply to join our team of friendly, dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and the opportunity to make a difference.
- Under the direct supervision of the Lead Facility Operator and OM&M Manager, will be responsible for the overall repair, water sampling and maintenance of water treatment operations
- Will operate, maintain, monitor controls and perform repairs to all water treatment facility process equipment, including pumps, motors, blowers, air compressors, chemical feed systems and basic laboratory equipment to ensure that treated water meets discharge quality standards
- When properly trained, will make treatment and operational changes to the water treatment process to meet water quality discharge standards in coordination with the Lead Facility Operator and the OM&M Manager
- Will perform onsite routine water testing analyses, such as pH, titration, and turbidity
- Will routinely prepare and submit water samples to certified testing lab for analysis and reporting to meet required quality standards
- Promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking an Engineer-In-Training/Design Professional with experience in water resources, and civil design, and/or solid waste design to support a rapidly-growing Civil / Water Resources Engineering team. The ideal candidate will be an energetic, self-motivated professional with experience in engineering design as well as drawing preparation and assembly in the AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or MicroStation platforms.
The ideal candidate will be an integral part of Wood’s Columbia, SC Civil / Water Resources Engineering team with an opportunity to work on a variety of important projects that are positively impacting the environment while supporting our clients’ business objectives. The candidate will work with and be mentored by our water resources and civil design professionals while supporting projects across the Carolinas and the Southeast. Engineering efforts will include preparing design calculations, developing computer models (WaterCAD, HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, HEC-Geo-RAS, Storm CAD, SWMM and FLO-2D), quantity take offs, cost estimates, plans & specifications, report preparation and writing. Additionally, candidate will work closely in a multi-disciplinary team environment to develop Section 404/401 and NPDES Permit Applications.
Familiarity with State and local drainage design standards, policies and procedures and a good working knowledge of Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), USACE, and SCDHEC Guidelines and Specifications is a plus.
- Independently perform hydrologic and hydraulic modeling of riverine systems
- Perform field investigations and GIS data processing to obtain data necessary for hydrologic and hydraulic modeling
- Prepare floodplain and watershed studies and watershed/stormwater master planning
- Prepare project reports
- Work with a team of water resources engineers and GIS specialists
- Supervise technicians as necessary
- Support stream restoration and other water resources design projects
- Some travel/field work may be required
- Support Gas & Electric Transmission Line Section 404/401 and NPDES Permit Submittals
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Water Resources / Environmental Engineering Intern to support our Water Resources, Engineering, Environmental Assessment groups in Columbia, SC. Candidate can have a background or interest in science, engineering, geography, or related fields.
- Provide technical support on various projects within MS4 and stormwater management programs, environmental permitting projects, wetland delineations and other water resources design projects
- Conduct field investigations
- Conduct sampling events (surface water, groundwater, soil) in various site settings
- Support staff in GIS service including cartographic design and reports.
- Assist staff with the preparation of technical reports, including compiling analytical data
- Conduct public education, including environmental education in schools, educational workshops and at local festivals
- Work with a team of water resources engineers and environmental scientists
- CAD work on design projects
Wood is currently recruiting a Project Manager with extensive pipeline project engineering experience.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Manages and is responsible for all aspects of the execution of the assigned scope of work for the project. Accountable for meeting HSE, quality, schedule and budget performance goals for assigned scope of work
- Has bottom line responsibility for the financial and technical success of very large onshore pipeline projects
- Responsible for all phases of planning and execution on major (mega) engineering, procurement, and/or construction projects
- Serves as the unifying agent accomplishing direction, coordination, and control of the overall project in accordance with established policies, procedures, systems, and requirements approved by the company
- Builds relationships within the company and with customers, contractors, suppliers, competitors, officials both nationally and internationally
- Acts as senior company representative to the customer, in the community and with contractors
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Senior Environmental Scientist to join our team in Portland, OR.
- Managing projects or tasks on large projects in one or more disciplines such as site characterization, remediation, and environmental compliance
- Performing, or providing oversight and management of staff performing, field data collection, and field work involving groundwater monitoring well installations, collecting soil, groundwater, surface water, and sediment samples as well as documenting field activities and observations
- Evaluating, selecting, and applying standard techniques, procedures, or calculations to perform a task or sequence of tasks for conventional projects; Using judgment to determine adaptations in methods for non-routine aspects of assignments; Receives direction on unconventional and/or complex problems, and offers possible solutions
- Compiling, organizing, and evaluating field and laboratory data for incorporation into technical reports Recognizing and identifying discrepancies in results obtained in such assignments and follows up with senior personnel to resolve these situations
- Performing research, moderate design tasks, and preparation of project documents; Responsible for preparing complete drafts of straightforward technical reports; may also prepare draft components of more complex technical reports, manuals, and field reports
- Willing and able to problem solve, adapt to site conditions, and develop solutions while in the field and office setting
- Representing Wood and interacting in a professional manner with client and subcontractor representatives and the general public while on field assignments; Assisting with client communication pertaining to specific assignments or meetings
- Participating in proposal preparation and project planning including developing work scope, task-level budgets, and cost estimates; performing calculations, gathering or reviewing information, or preparing standard sections of proposals
- Developing a working understanding of and will apply company, client, and site Health and Safety and quality standards
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Deputy Site Manager to join our project team in Columbus, GA. The successful candidate will assist the site Project Manager in the oversight of facility operations and maintenance (O&M) activities at a large aerospace parts manufacturing facility, covering such services as preventive maintenance, facility repairs/upgrades, and building automation. Project Management skills are key, especially in regards to managing budgets, schedules, subcontractor management, and overall contract compliance. The ideal candidate is polished, engaging and energetic, able to assemble and manage a cohesive team and deliver all contractual obligations safely.
- Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports
- Responsible for the cost, schedule, and technical performance, including responding to urgent and emergency situations
- Ensures that all work performed on behalf of the company meets the highest quality
- Successfully manages Subcontractors to ensure they perform work in accordance with contract requirements
- Develops and reviews detailed scopes of work for various repair and maintenance activities ranging from routine maintenance to emergency repair activities
- Ensures federal, state, local and corporate policy and regulatory compliance
- Enforces safety standards to achieve a safety culture where no accidents occur
- Evaluates schedules to deconflict work assignments where there are task and resource conflicts
- Prepares reports documenting operations and maintenance performance
- Must read and completely understand the contract under which the company will be operating and be able to make decisions that ensure contract compliance
- Effectively uses CMMS to track work requirements
- Attends client meetings to discuss that status of ongoing and future work
Wood’s Salt Lake City team is growing and we are seeking Construction Engineering Technicians to perform construction testing and inspections for transportation, commercial, mining and industrial, projects. We have opportunities for experienced technicians with ACI and other certifications. We also have opportunities for motivated individuals without construction testing or inspection experience looking to start a career.
Do you enjoy working outdoors and the construction industry? Are you reliable, and do you have a good driving record? If so, we encourage you to apply for this opportunity!
- Under immediate supervision, perform routine field sampling/testing and/or laboratory testing of soil, base, aggregate, Portland cement concrete, asphaltic concrete and masonry in accordance with established procedures and standard methods established by AASHTO, ASTM, UDOT or other agency with appropriate, properly calibrated testing equipment
- Under immediate supervision, perform field inspections and observations of construction activities to ensure compliance with project plans, approved shop/working drawings, project documents and specifications in accordance with established procedures
- Prepare and submit accurate, legible, comprehensive and complete testing and/or inspection reports on a daily basis in accordance with established quality procedures
- Upon additional training, perform field tests on materials and completed work using standard methods established by AASHTO, ASTM, UDOT or other agency with appropriate, properly calibrated testing equipment
- Perform analysis or calculations to check accuracy, applicability and reasonableness of testing data
- Maintain assigned equipment and related calibration
- Follow safety rules and practices and other safety requirements for all projects, perform pre-task planning prior to executing work, and report any safety issues or concerns to management
Wood is currently recruiting for an Operations Readiness Lead with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. The successful candidate will lead an operations team for a single large project / several smaller or earlier phase developments. Manage of Operations Readiness practitioners who are responsible for Operations Readiness within an integrated multi discipline program or from beginning to end; customer and stakeholder management, scope definition, program development, planning, organization, resources, execution, assurance, close out and capturing of lessons learned, as a subject matter expert or in delivering a specific theme within the program.
- Provide operational requirements for design and assist in resolving design/operation differences with the design engineering team through
- Actively engaging and influence design team by
- Attending design meetings
- Promoting best practices and lesson learnt from past project or operating experiences
- Providing Operations and Maintenance practicality to design proposals and arrangements
- Provide operational/maintenance review of all equipment specification and data sheets to validate Operational requirements are met:
- Sparing requirements
- Isolation requirements
- Spare parts requirements
- Specific training
- Pressure ratings
- HFE Standards
- Ensure OR&A participation in TQs SQs & Management of Change (MoC) proposals
- Develop, review and/or approve pertinent project procedure
- Startup, Operating, Maintenance, System Check-out Procedures, etc.
- Utilize Performance Agreement between Operations and other disciplines to ensure clarity and accountability for shared work products
- Understand and utilize the assurance and control frameworks
- Ensure a forum for documenting, filing, and communicate design decisions, with Operations concurrence
- Document and share flaws and lessons learned for future projects
- Represent OR in Project HSE Studies & Reviews e.g. participate in HAZOPS, Audits, PSUA and actively bring closure to action items and closure document actions taken
- Ensure timely completion of OR assigned action items
- Utilize other OR staff to validate and get feedback on your OR activities
- Provide opportunity and maintain interface management with other OR personnel and other project disciplines
- Established network with OR practitioners
- Responsible for leading, managing and maintaining plans schedules for Project and other OR deliveries
Implementing Quality Project Delivery for “right first time” start up, identifying and mitigating issues that could lead to delays and unnecessary project and operations costs
Implementing Project to Asset Handover strategy, to define the project deliverables required for handover of the asset and to ensure that the operations have the capability to operate and maintain the asset from the moment of handover
Wood has an immediate need for a junior Drafter in our Salt Lake City office. This position uses software to convert the designs of process, electrical, mechanical and civil/structural engineers and designers into technical drawings, plans and layouts for heavy industrial facilities.
- Create new or modify existing Computer-Aided Drawings (CAD) including, but not limited to, Process Flow Diagrams (PFD’s), Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), and electrical, mechanical & civil/structural drawings from engineer- and designer-produced red-lined drawings
- Work under immediate supervision of the discipline engineers and designers.
- Primary job functions occasionally require exercising independent judgment.
- Work alone or within a team to complete these drawings on time and within budget while coordinating with the Project Manager.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc. currently has a career opportunity available for a Construction Materials Testing (CMT) Manager with our Jacksonville, FL team.
Are you a Construction Materials Professional who enjoys technical work as well as client development? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established consulting firm that values its employees’ enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career.
- Lead and supervise the materials testing services business in our Jacksonville office, with responsibility for managing the day to day operations of the field and laboratory testing organization
- Perform business development efforts to provide diversification, development, and growth of services through new business opportunities and expansion of business with existing clients, and assist in proposal preparation
- Schedule and coordinate field and laboratory engineering technicians and inspectors
- Compile, review and approve lab and field reports; must have sound knowledge of laboratory and field testing procedures / standards as well as daily inspection reports
- Review technician timesheets and daily reports for completeness and accuracy
- Manage the organization’s vehicle fleet
- Oversee safety and radiation safety of laboratory and field operations
- Controlling labor utilization at peak levels and equipment up keep, calibrations, and
- Be responsible for implementing the project in accordance with project specifications and QA plan
- Serve as a primary interface with project site representatives
- Utilize sound judgment and experience to make decisions as required
- Supervise and manage technicians for hiring / retainage / training / growth potential
Wood is currently recruiting for a Systems Reliability Engineer for the Pasadena, TX area.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
The Systems Reliability Engineer is responsible and accountable for the equipment availability and reliability at the facility. The intent of this role is to analyze system and equipment performance and functional failures in order to take action to influence Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) and prevent any PSM incidents.
The position focuses on using the best fit and up to date asset management strategies, which include but are not limited to FMEA, RCM, RCAs, Criticality Assessment, PM management strategies and predictive/preventative inspection technology. The position also holds influence on the various standards committees and will work within engineering, construction, maintenance and operations teams to represent and further improve reliability at the facility.
The roles strategic focus is to ensure execution of valuable reliability improvement recommendations. This role has resource empowerment and project management capability in order to implement said recommendations. This role also must focus on customer service, providing a channel through which operations can present reliability concerns. The position is a technical resource as well.
Essential Job Functions
- Take a visible role in HSES and Safety Leadership. This includes activities such as attendance and participation at the weekly safety meeting. Periodic job site and shop safety walkthroughs, contacts and participation in the STEP program. Incident investigation as required.
- Supporting the facilities Strategic Business Objectives:
- Demonstrate continuous improvement of equipment and system reliability by applying the appropriate Reliability Centered Maintenance Strategies, measured by MTBF, OEE & Mechanical Availability
- Establish, manage and evaluate the effectiveness of various proactive maintenance programs; Automated alarms, utilization of Asset Management System (AMS), condition point monitoring, primarily focused on IEC value.
- Support IEC quality maintenance through predictive and preventative maintenance program effectiveness and technician aptitude.
- Perform predictive performance analysis for currently operating production systems and units and establish Reliability in Design criteria to be met as a requirement of FEL design review.
- Serve as a Reliability Team Leader & Coordinator by establishing various cross functional teams, facilitate reliability reviews and lead the teams to effective actionable solutions. This may also include periodic report outs and management team updates – as requested.
- Practical applicationof Reliability Philosophies, Best Practices and Metrics, with the intent to improve overall asset LCC and production availability.
- In addition to a detailed knowledge of reliability philosophies, this role is expected to serve as an Advisor with additional Technical Expertise, preferred disciplines include electrical, distributive control systems, instrumentation, mechanical integrity and chemical unit processing.
- The role must recognize and support the needs of the customer through a Customer Focused behavior and mindset. The function of the maintenance and reliability departments is to ensure a safe and reliable facility is capable of producing chemical products on time and in specification for our external customers. Internally our customers are the operations division and a broad understanding of their needs is essential.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Facility Assessor with detailed knowledge and experience in either mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, interior, exterior, or roofing systems to conduct Facility Condition Assessment projects.
The position may be located in Virginia Beach, Virginia or in Durham, North Carolina; however, the work will require travel outside of the local area.
- Performing assessments of client facilities using professional expertise and judgment to determine physical condition with specifications and building codes
- Ability to understand a project work plan and execute based on a client’s requirements
- Ability to use tablet-based computer systems to identify and document building equipment and components, and provide justification for determination of the physical condition
- Work with or without direct supervision in accordance with instructions and standard practices
- Ability to assess multiple buildings within large complexes on a daily basis identifying major components and sub-components as well as supporting systems
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Senior Estimator to support the Capital Projects Group (CPG) that performs large remediation construction projects for multiple business sectors. This position will provide estimating, scheduling support, and bid solicitation support for government and commercial opportunities. The position will report to the Estimating Manager for CPG.
Philadelphia, PA; Blue Bell, PA; Alpharetta, GA; Kennesaw, GA; Chantilly, VA; or Tampa, FL
Primary duties will be receiving request for proposals and performing multiple functions to deliver a cost estimate that complies with internal and external procedures. The role and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Receive, review, and segregate request for proposal into biddable sections internally or externally
- Generate scope responsibility matrix that defines who is performing what on the project
- Using OST, perform quantity take-offs and perform other calculations to arrive at biddable quantities
- Using Excel, RSmeans, and/or Sage Sequel Estimating software; perform estimating function to arrive at estimate within accuracy requirements for that level of estimate
- Using various databases, determine crew and production levels to support estimate
- Assist with subcontractor list generation, writing statements of work, solicitation, and bid analysis
- Maintain record of all correspondence and costs associated with estimate
- Assist Project Controls Specialist with schedule setup and durations
- After contract award, work with PM to transition project from opportunity to execution
- During project execution, support PM on change order and estimates to complete the project
Wood is currently recruiting for a Dispute Resolution Manager with experience in the dispute resolution program management.
The Dispute Resolution Manager - dispute resolution program (DRP) is responsible for providing neutral and confidential assistance to employees in order to resolve conflicts. The role will serve as a source of support and information, and acts as a liaison between conflicting parties. The DRP provides employees and the company with opportunities to resolve disagreements with they first arise as well as safeguarding the legal rights of employees and guard against retaliation, with the flexibility to address the interests of each party.
This role will serve as a key advisor and subject matter expert on employee relations matters to provide guidance to all levels of a matrixed organization; resolving highly complex issues in creative and effective ways. Proactively assesses risk and advises management on best practices and procedures. Responsible for guiding employee relations decisions that have a significant effect to the organizational operations.
Provides consultation and resolution of employee relation issues that promote fair treatment and the consistent application of organizational policies and applicable federal/state laws. They will be responsible for mediating between two parties and acts as an intermediary. This role will be responsible for overseeing the dispute resolution process; including oversight of investigations, resolutions of complaints, employee education, and recommend appropriate strategies in order to resolve any conflicts between parties involved.
- Overseeing investigations, complaint resolution, offering support, solutions and alternatives in order to resolve workplace conflicts
- Directs business partners and leaders in management of grievances and complaint resolution processes, as well as hearings, arbitrations and unfair practice charge matters
- Analyzes problems and recommends solutions to personnel policies and procedures. Applies subject matter expertise to resolve questions, concerns and informal complaints for a large, complex employee population in a creative and effective way
- Coordinates with general counsel and external counsel to respond to employment litigation and pre-litigation matters. Assist counsel with all phases of litigation coordination
- Identifying problem and pattern areas and providing recommendations in order to manage certain areas that require improvement
- Coaching and influencing leaders
- Educating and facilitating employee relations training for P&O and business leaders
- Ensures timely response to requests for information
- Responsible for timely and accurate reporting of program metrics, analyses, and recommendations
- Responsible for P&O policy application, ensuring compliance with relevant group standards, regulatory requirements and operating procedures
- Lead by personal example and encourage all employees to conduct their activities in accordance with all applicable laws and company’s standards and policies
- Internal: P&O business partners, leadership teams, all employees and leaders
- External: Vendors; local working groups/industry bodies
Level of Influence & Decision Making Authority:
- This role operates with a high degree of independence in their area of responsibility ensuring advice and support is in line with the agreed policies, principles and practices as determined by Company and as constrained by legislative requirements. A key influencing role, with decisions/recommendations that may have a significant impact on Company or business
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is hiring an Environmental Technician to support environmental projects managed out of our St. Louis, Missouri office. The successful candidate will have experience in soil sampling, be able to update and maintain field documentation, and have a good work ethic. This role will primarily consist of collecting soil and groundwater samples.
Duties and Responsibilities
This position will support environmental projects with the following responsibilities:
- Soil and/or groundwater-sampling duties at various project locations
- Maintenance of equipment calibration logs
- Documentation of field activities for specific tasks performed for each project
- Tasks may include general labor and construction activities
- Use of Geographical Positioning Systems (GPS) for collection of environmental data
- Adherence to all Health & Safety Standards in all field-related activities
Wood has a long tradition delivering Transmission and Design projects globally to a wide and established client base. Due to recent growth we are expanding our resources through the South East of America to provide enhanced local support to our customers.
Wood currently have an exciting opportunity for a Distribution Designer. Reporting to the Distribution Lead Engineer, this position can be located in our Orlando or West Palm Beach, FL, offices. If you are looking to strengthen and enhance your skills, thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment and are looking for that next step in the growth of your career, this is the opportunity for you.
- Supporting engineering of distribution electrical projects through the entire project lifecycle: from conceptual and feasibility, though detailed design, and into construction and into service
- Supporting overhead and underground distribution engineering projects by clearly defining scopes of work, completing cost estimates, performing engineering calculations, and developing detailed design drawings
- Supporting documentation processed for projects including technical specifications, tender documents, technical reports and project calculations
- Providing construction support and responding to information requests during construction and completing project documentation including as-builts, calculations and return of data to the client
- Traveling and visiting project sites during design and construction
Wood is currently seeking a ProjectHealth, Safety, Security & Environmental (HSSE) Manager for a project assignment in locations yet to be determined
The position of Project HSSE Manager reports directly to the Project Manager and indirectly to the Area HSSE Manager for the Wood Process & Energy Construction Group. The position calls for candidates with passion and drive. This is a senior level role that requires a high level of commitment and dedication to the Safety, Health, Environment, Security and wellbeing of large work force on a major construction project. The ideal candidate will have education, training, and experience in the fields of occupational safety and health commensurate with the desired position. 10 plus years on similar roles five which must be in HSSE leadership. This includes experience with behavior based programs and concepts, training, injury case management, program development, personnel management, leadership development, site management, supervisor engagement, client interaction, management counsel, injury care, and other HSSE experience that may not be listed here.
Key Aims & Objectives
- To actively seek and correct the gaps between good safety performance and great safety performance
- Positively influence all stakeholders by action, belief and conviction in the human system of safety management
- Improve performance by setting an example of no compromise safety excellence
Prime Responsibilities & Duties
- Provide technical and behavioral leadership and guidance to the assigned Project
- Review existing policies and procedures, making recommendations for improvement
- Assist in the development of new HSSE policies and procedures to meet Project and overall Wood needs
- Lead and support development and implementation of HSSE management systems that support the Project needs. These can include site-specific plans and programs
- Utilize Wood audit protocols for all PPA location
- Lead or participate in investigation of incidents and prepare incident report(s)
- Regularly communicate the status of the Project’s HSSE culture and performance with Project and Corporate Management
- Assist in the planning, recognition, evaluation, and mediation of risk for the Project
- Provide oversight for contractors and subcontractors as necessary to ensure compliance with Wood policy and procedure
- Maintain expert knowledge and assure compliance with all applicable legislative, client, and Wood requirements for the Project
- Facilitate and/or conduct HSSE training for the project as needed, and assure training is tracked internally as required
- Participant in various leadership initiatives currently established in PPA
- Communicate effectively and regularly with Wood employees, supervision, and management
- Provide injury management and care for employees, and provide timely and accurate reporting with internal and external support (including, but not limited to; claims processing, return to work, light duty assignment closure of claims and resolving discrepancies as needed)
- Compile and share safety lessons learned across Wood
Wood is currently recruiting for an experienced Lead Mechanical Engineer extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
- Assurance that personnel within the Instrument group are competent, identify inadequacies in personnel and proposing solutions such as training, coaching or replacement and that the correct competent personnel are matched to the task at hand
- Responsibility for the integration of the electrical design into the overall project work-scope, and ensuring that Commissioning, Maintenance and Operational requirements are included within the design
- Maintain the required technical quality of work produced by discipline assigned staff
- Ensure that the work output of discipline assigned staff complies with the relevant procedures
- Provide technical assistance to discipline staff as required
- Responsible for input to project plans and schedules, achievement of agreed schedule, during the course of any project or study or early identification of project areas of concern with necessary corrective action identified
- Keep up-to-date with technical developments, state, national and international standards and legislative requirements related to the scope of the discipline
- Assist in developing the knowledge and skills of the discipline assigned staff, including assisting in the training and technical development of engineers
- Be aware and understand the business drivers within the Client organization and how these can be influenced by innovated designs and minimum cost solutions
- Approval of all engineering documents created by the Instrument team (inclusive of PE responsibilities)
- Review work/work output of discipline assigned staff as required
- Prepare estimates and assist in the review of proposed schedules
- Ensure that results of any development work are fully utilized in discipline activities
- Provide technical assistance to other disciplines as required
- Providing documentation and drawing deliverables for inclusion in workpacks and, or design books on time to meet project deadlines
- Ensuring documentation is technically correct and all relevant engineering management system processes are applied to each scope
- Taking part and contributing to construction risk assessments and construction method statements (where required)
- Responsible as a key member of any Project team for achieving the Project target and completion of the Project within the budget and schedule
- Preparation of engineering scope for both staff hours and equipment estimates (where necessary)
- Responsible for assessing and identifying deviations to standards, that will benefit Wood & Client, and gaining acceptance of Client Technical Authorities
- Participate as necessary in discussions with Clients and visit job sites as required
- Assist the Lead Discipline Engineer when requested in the execution of their responsibilities and duties
- Progress of the works under their control and the achievement of targets and responsible for reporting progress as per company systems and procedures
- Producing engineering deliverables registers and controlling the works against those registers
- Supervision of Mechanical staff under their control and responsibility for the technical quality of work produced by them
- Be conversant and knowledgeable with respect to current and new legislation and standards e.g., BS, API, ASME and Client codes and standards, Federal, State & OSHA Regulations
- Identification of appropriate resources for engineering works and forward planning of resources, taking into account cross site requirements