Wood is currently seeking a Project Manager, with Oil & Gas facilities construction experience, for our Watford, ND office.
This Project Manager must understand and have the ability to effectively plan and schedule the project lifecycle and general sequence of events, as well as the processes for the engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning and project management project tasks. The ideal candidate will have the ability to prepare and lead a team in preparing schedules and reports, both independently and as part of a team environment. The candidate must understand and fully comply with all company policies and procedures, specifically including safety (Injury and Incident Free) and corporate code of conduct. He / She will be familiar with Oracle Primavera and Microsoft Project.
- Develop the project execution plans, lead project reviews, lead negotiations with the client on change orders and contractual disputes while maintaining a solid client relationship and client satisfaction
- Establish and execute safe and effective project delivery strategies covering estimating, procurement, project management and controls
- Bid management, scope definition, program and estimate development
- Stakeholder management, both internally and externally in a challenging environment
- Ensure resources are identified early and available both through internal sources and our partner organizations
- Appliance of and compliance with Wood governance, project controls practices including maintaining P6 schedule and monitoring the project baseline
- Identification, assessment and mitigations of key risks and opportunities
Wood is currently looking for an organized, technically-oriented individual who can help manage the growth of our global sales and marketing business for the Cape Software business line. The Technical Sales and Business Development Lead will report directly to the operational head of Cape Software, and be seated out of our Houston, TX office.
This is an opportunity to join a growing global organization, and play a key role in expanding its market presence. You will build on our highly technical services, to provide effective sales, marketing, and customer support operations.
The successful candidate will initially take on some technical responsibilities, while working directly with Cape Software senior management to plan the growth of the sales and support organization. He/she will build and maintain market awareness providing input to Development regarding customer requested features. taking a lead role in executing these plans.
- Act as focal point for initial customer interactions. Work with customers to define fundamental requirements, such as scope and schedule.
- Manage client relationships.
- Prepare and deliver project proposals.
- Work with other elements of Wood to support their proposal and business development needs that include Cape Software products.
- Manage customer support activities for post-project support with a commitment to technical excellence.
- Develop relationships with our marketing partners and coordinate external marketing events.
- Assist with the rapid growth of our worldwide sales.
Wood currently has an opening for a Quality Assurance Engineer or Technician to join our Process Technology- Fired Heaters business group at our Hampton, New Jersey office.
- Monitor quality assurance activities within the Division and for fabrication by Sub-Contractors.
- Maintain the Quality Assurance program as directed. Perform ISO-9001 Quality Audits and report findings. Advocate the concept and practices of the Division Quality Management system
- Support the Proposal Department in reviewing and providing feedback to customer specifications pertaining to Quality Assurance/Quality Control matters in fabrication which will affect commercial offerings.
- Review inspection reports prepared by Source Inspectors and participate in resolution of fabrication and quality issues.
- Perform source inspection visits at subcontractors fabrication facilities (Domestic and International) as needed.
- Review contract documents and establish Quality Assurance procedures, including Inspection and Test Plans, to meet contract requirements.
- Review supplier procedures and documents to verify conformance to contract requirements.
- Implement and manage inspection and testing procedures for project materials and equipment. Assist in scheduling staff to achieve inspections within schedule and budget requirements.
- Ensure compliance with governmental regulations and industry standards. Evaluate suppliers’ qualifications and re-evaluate supplier performance.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking an Environmental Technician to join our dynamic team in Gainesville, FL.
Are you a Technician who enjoys the technical aspects of environmental projects? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with a worldwide company with an established team of professionals? We have an excellent career opportunity for an individual with technical skills in a team environment.
The scope includes supporting of the shipping & handling group as part of the USEPA Chemical
Speciation Network proposal/contract. Personnel should be meticulous, detail oriented and have the ability to keep track of many parts, samples and components for the 212 station network. The general scope is logistics in that thousands of specific samples need to be track and archived. The general tasks will include tracking the specific samples via site specific identification labels, preparing the samples in sampling modules, securely packaging those samples in pre-determined shipping containers, preparing the shipping container for secure shipment via overnight carrier, ensuring samples are shipped on a strict 3 day or 6 day cycle, and providing this entire set or services in reverse when the samples are received back into the Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc. shipping & handling group. Scientific data entry experience a plus. Attention to detail is of the utmost importance so as not to get samples from different sites confused with other sites.
Wood is recruiting for for a Sr. Materials Management Analyst for the Pasadena, TX area.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Receive and store materials in the warehouse. Issue materials stored in warehouse to personnel or contractor as designated by requestor.
- Maintain written records (inventory) of all items received and released, including surplus materials.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Unload delivery trucks.
- Inspect materials as they are received to ensure items received are in accordance with purchase order and free of defects. Any discrepancies are to be reported immediately to the vendor via e-mail with a copy to the buyer and the requestor.
- Store items in the warehouse in a safe and orderly manner.
- Update inventory list (within 24 hours of delivery).
- Process receipt information in Lawson (within 24 hours of delivery).
- Notify requestor that materials have arrived (within 24 hours of delivery).
- Document all material transfers from the warehouse, using the Material Movement Form. The person receiving the material isto sign this form, which is to be filed with all shipping documents and the purchase order. These files are subject to audit.
- Complete operator equipment inspections and maintain records, in accordance with procedures.
- Maintain a neat and orderly office and warehouse.
- Escort delivery drivers that do not have TWIC cards, in accordance with facility security requirements.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Temporary Accounting Clerk to assist with pulling data for auditors, contacting suppliers and communicating with internal staff.
** US Only- Authorization to work permanently in the US without sponsorship required.
Wood is sourcing a Accounts Payable Indexing Clerk (contract) to join our team in Houston, TX. The successful candidate will be a high energy, team player who can handle high volume processing, thrives on being busy and will focus on reducing backlog and ensuring internal controls are followed. This person must function in both a team setting as well as independently and be accountable for weekly personal processing performance.
*At this time, we will only consider applications from US citizens or those with the required permit/VISA for this region, in place.
- Experience with purchase orders, coding, batching and data entry preferred
- Ensure invoices are recorded in accordand other employees to resolve invoice inquiries
- Communicate effectively with internal staff on invoice or other document progression
- Monitor invoice progress from receipt of invoice to processor folders
- Perform other duties and ad hoc projects as assigned
We are currently recruiting for an Automation Technical Professional – Site Resident Control Systems Specialist to be located at
located at a refinery client site in Ponca City, OK. This is an excellent opportunity to support a long-term on-process migration program and work collaboratively a combined client / Wood automation team. .
Wood Automation and Control is the largest vendor-independent system integrator in the world with proven stability for more than 20 years. We pride ourselves on solving real-world problems for our clients by providing full engineering, consulting, procurement and construction services to our customers across the globe. Our automation teams work on hands-on projects that span the full spectrum - from small integration projects to Main Automation Contractor programs for large, multi-EPC projects.
At this time, we will only consider applications from citizens of the UNITED STATES or those with the required permit/VISA for this region, in place.
The job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate Automation Engineering efforts for the design and implementation of control systems (project engineering).
- Lead Wood activities for control system engineering and configuration.
- Support the client on Automation pre-commissioning and commissioning activities.
- Understand and follow up on deliverables related with control system configuration such as architectural diagrams, configuration / implementation procedures, SAT procedures, etc.
- Ensure health and safe operation of automation hardware, software, and interfaces. Coordinate Wood onsite HSSE efforts.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc., is currently seeking a motivated team player to fulfill the role of Senior Structural Engineer. The position will be based in our Chicago, IL office.
Wood Chicago is a leader in the Transportation industry, serving federal, state, and local DOT's. Wood has key contracts in place and a strong project portfolio presenting opportunities for rapid expansion of this practice. The Chicago Structural Engineering team also supports other offices throughout North America, working not only on Transportation projects, but other Structural related disciplines as well. These disciplines include small building analysis/design, and a variety of miscellaneous structures supporting our Power, Industrial and Rail Clients. We are looking for an experienced Structural Engineer who can lead a design team, serving as an Engineer of Record, as well as mentor younger staff. An Illinois Structural Engineer’s license is required.
Our team is known for innovation and outstanding customer service and will continue to build on these values. This is a unique opportunity offering technical challenges, project leadership and potential for growth within a large, diverse, and dynamic firm offering solutions to local and international clients.
- Perform analyses for complex engineering projects
- Design of highway bridges incorporating applicable State DOT practices and AASHTO LRFD Specifications
- Design of railroad bridges incorporating AREMA Manual for Railway Engineering practices (as needed)
- Support the Bridge Group in executing projects of varying sizes and complexities including bridges, culverts, retaining walls, and pedestrian structures
- Develop and review preliminary and detailed engineering plans for new bridges, bridge rehabilitation design for existing bridges, and detailed design for new bridge structures; develop bridge construction plans and specifications
- Perform bridge evaluations including inspections and load ratings; if NBIS certified
- Use of advanced bridge analysis/design software such as LEAP Enterprise, MDX, etc.
- Prepare engineering computations, material quantity takeoffs, and cost estimates
- Support bridge inspection assignments (as needed)
- Maintain client relationships to further establish Wood’s presence in the field of bridge engineering field
- Mentor and provide assistance in the support and development of junior Bridge Group staff
- Support the Bridge Group manager as well as the broader Transportation Infrastructure Group with proposal and miscellaneous technical efforts
- Previous experience as a Project Manager is a plus but is not required
Wood is currently recruiting for an Accounts Payable processor.
- Perform full-cycle accounts payable processes – including invoice matching with purchase orders, coding, batching and data entry
- Review entries for accuracy in account coding and banking requirements.
- Ensure invoices are recorded in accordance with company policy and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Resolve purchase order, invoice, or payment discrepancies
- Communicate effectively with vendors and other employees to resolve payment processing issues
- Monitor invoice progress from receipt thru approval.
- Assist in reconciling supplier statements.
- Perform other duties and ad hoc projects as assigned
Wood is recruiting for a Project Manager in the Houston, TX Office with strong refining experience.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Manages and is responsible for all aspects of the execution of the assigned scope of work for the project. Accountable for meeting HSE, quality, schedule and budget performance goals for assigned scope of work
- Has bottom line responsibility for the financial and technical success of very large projects
- Responsible for all phases of planning and execution on major (mega) engineering, procurement, and/or construction projects
- Serves as the unifying agent accomplishing direction, coordination, and control of the overall project in accordance with established policies, procedures, systems, and requirements approved by the company
- Demonstrated expertise in the development of project schedules, cost budgets and understanding and analysis of the data
- Has in-depth understanding of project goals, drivers, strategies, risks and opportunities
- Proficient understanding of the company’s businesses, competing projects, profit impact of decisions, and integrity management
- Proficient understanding of how to manage contingency and contingency drawdown
- Proficient understanding of contract terminology
- Expected to solve problems requiring an understanding of social and political implications
- Consistently demonstrates ingenuity and initiative to coordinate problem resolution, resolve conflicting priorities and to meet project deadlines within a complex environment
- Finds solutions to critical or difficult to resolve conflicts between customer and management requirements
- Projects are typically unique and /or highly complex, of significant magnitude, scope and difficulty
- Plans and manages medium-sized EPC/EPCM projects or portions of major EPC/EPCM projects with medium to high risk profiles
- Many issues managed are time-sensitive and/or multi-faceted Thorough understanding of workshare coordination
- Scope, complexity and financial risk associated with the project requires involvement of project manager in selling the project, negotiating the terms, and attracting the required staff
- HECSS – Capable of managing major projects of groups of projects with over $250 million total
- Builds relationships within the company and with customers, contractors, suppliers, competitors, officials both nationally and internationally
- Acts as senior company representative to the customer, in the community and with contractors
- Facilitates customer and other stakeholder visits to project sites and company, subcontractor and supplier facilities
- Thorough understanding of effective client communication management
- Ensures that business initiatives and goals are effectively communicated to employees
- Leads a large project team covering several specialties with staff from more than one office and work in several locations
- Work would include office and field staffs
- Manages moderate risk subcontracted work with no previous experience
- Self-directed and has the ability to respond to deviations without the need for direction
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Senior Environment, Health and Safety and Compliance Group Manager to join our team in Chelmsford, MA. The candidate should have a minimum of 15-20 years’ experience overseeing staff, successfully developing new work, and executing, managing, and directed projects with variable complexity in the specific area of Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) and Compliance.
Provides services to clients in the areas of:
- Staff management experience, including recruiting, financial, marketing and leadership
- Network with clients to effectively position team and develop work opportunities
- Demonstrated strong project management skills and adherence to scope, schedule, and budget
- Mastery of Federal, State and local regulatory programs applicable to EH&S
- Experience within manufacturing, pharma, and hospital facility settings a plus
- Facility permitting and compliance inspection experience
- EH&S audits and inspection experience
- EH&S management systems development, including drafting of standard procedures, guidance and training documents
- Technical proficiency in one or more of the following is expected: water quality/wastewater treatment, air quality permitting/technology, ISO 14001 management systems, hazardous waste management, industrial hygiene, or related fields
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions has a career opportunity for an Entry-Level Water Resources Engineer to join our Topeka, KS team.
This is an excellent career opportunity for an enthusiastic and talented individual to join a team of outstanding professionals. This position offers potential for development in a great working environment and the opportunity to apply the latest technology to help our clients solve their most challenging problems. Typical projects involve helping local, state and federal clients complete floodplain management, stormwater management and other watershed planning projects.
- Will work under the supervision of a Senior Engineer supporting our hydraulics and hydrology group
- Will support floodplain management, stormwater engineering, drainage engineering, dam and levee design and stream restoration work
- Will perform surface water hydrologic and hydraulic modeling utilizing HY-8, HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, XPSWMM, and EPA SWMM and ArcGIS software extensions
- Convey results and findings by means of oral discussions, graphic-based presentations and project documentation
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions’ Portland, ME office is currently seeking a highly motivated Mid-Level Groundwater Treatment Plant Operator for our Portsmouth, NH field office.
- Primary responsibilities will include treatment system operation, routine sampling, monitoring well gauging, reporting and management
- Operator will be responsible with maintaining the treatment systems, tracking system performance and making recommendations for system improvements
- Treatment process includes carbon filtration and synthetic media filtration
- Operator will be responsible for making minor repairs, and coordinating larger repairs and upgrades with management and outside contractors
- Responsibilities may also include environmental investigative sampling and drilling, construction oversight, and reporting
Compensation and Term:
- Full -time (40-hours per week)
- Compensation to be commensurate with experience
- 401(k) and benefits available
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions – Portland, Maine office has an opportunity available for an Environmental Chemist. We are looking for a candidate with 2-5 years’ experience with skills in environmental data validation, analytical laboratory testing, laboratory sample management, data reporting, and QA/QC protocols. If you are enthusiastic, self-motivated, and have a strong desire to learn, we’d love to hear from you!
- Analytical data validation, data review and data quality report writing
- Analytical chemistry support for site investigations related to hazardous waste site remediation
- Assist development of environmental sampling programs, interpretation of environmental chemistry data and data quality evaluation (DQE), assistance with laboratory coordination, database support, and data entry
- Assistance to proposal teams for selection of analytical methodology, evaluation laboratory proposals, and establishment of QA/QC parameters
- Coordination with Junior and/or Senior Chemist on a daily basis
- Support project teams completing environmental sampling programs
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking an Entry-Level Geologist / Environmental Scientist to join our team in Portland, ME. For this position we expect to train the successful applicant in appropriate field methods and procedures and therefore prior experience or training is not required, although still a positive. Wood will also provide required OSHA health and safety training prior to field work. Through work, the successful applicant will gain an in-depth understanding of approaches, methods and regulatory requirements in planning and implementing successful scientific studies at environmentally impacted sites under federal (RCRA / CERCLA), and state specific regulatory programs including Brownfields. The employee will be expected to travel extensively to sites in the field primarily in New England and will gain a broad working knowledge and experience in implementing environmental investigations. That person will also gain experience in writing work plans, analyzing and evaluating environmental data and assisting with report preparation for submittal to our clients and regulatory agencies.
- Oversee soil borings and groundwater monitoring well installations, collect soil, groundwater, surface water, sediment, air, and soil gas samples, collect data in complex field situations with supervision, and document field activities
- Perform other field exploration, inspection, testing, and analyses using equipment and instrumentation
- Prepare components of site investigation reports including work plans, data summaries, calculations, tables, figures, charts, drawings and report text
- Collect samples and data during remedies and pilot studies from soil and groundwater remediation systems
- Assist Project Managers and project teams, ensuring effective client communication and relations
- Organize field work, assign tasks, and work with other staff specialists and technicians to complete assignments
- Follow company safety policies and procedures, site safety standards, and permit requirements
The Portland, ME Wood Environment and Infrastructure Solutions (formerly Amec Foster Wheeler) Design Center is seeking an Architect. This is a full-time position for a registered architect with a minimum of fifteen years’ experience.
This position is located in Portland, Maine, one of the most livable cities in the US. Wood offers the technical challenges of projects located throughout the US within the relaxed environment of a small, vibrant city. This individual will; possess the ability to work as an integral part of a project team, manage one or more projects during all phases of a project until completion, interface with both internal and external clients, collaborate with multi-disciplinary project teams. Our ideal candidate will be dynamic, creative, quality driven, have excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, and be a proactive problem solver.
- Responsible for project planning and development
- Lead multi-disciplinary project teams in design and production of contract documents
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent project assignments
- Develop content and execute architectural projects including drawings, specifications, and studies
- Collaborate with project managers, engineers, designers, and other project team members to carry out project requirements
- Prepare 2D and 3D presentation and production drawings
- Successfully manage and interface with in-house and consulting project teams and clients through all phases of projects
- Demonstrate ability, in a leadership role, in working with integrated architectural and engineering design teams in project design and documentation
- Ability and willingness to travel. Occasional field work to perform building survey assessments on regional, national, and/or global projects. Approximately 10% travel
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions
Summer 2019 Intern (multiple positions) Portland, Maine.
The Portland, Maine office of Wood (Amec Foster Wheeler is now part of Wood) is seeking summer interns in a variety of disciplines including:
- Structural Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Environmental Sciences
- Site Planning
- Energy Services
- Remediation Services
- Cost Estimating
- CADD Technicians/Designers
Located in Portland, Maine, one of the most livable cities in the US, Wood offers the technical challenges of projects located throughout the US within the relaxed environment of a small, vibrant city. Interns will work with multi-disciplinary project teams providing technical documentation, design, and drafting.
The key elements we seek from students are a good character, technical competency, motivation and the ability to work as a team.
- Will work under the supervision of a Registered Architect, Engineer, or Project Manager
- Will assist in the preparation of reports, databases, quantity take-offs, data analysis, cost estimates, engineering and/or architectural drawings, maps, renderings, and other related graphics as required to support design projects
- Will assist in executing architectural/industrial projects, including the production of drawings, plans, studies, and construction administration
- Projects include the design of industrial, commercial, federal and institutional facilities
- Occasional field work may be required under direct supervision only - Approximately 5% travel
- Assist with general office tasks
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Project Administrative Assistant to join our team in Fresno, CA. The candidate will have diversified administrative duties providing administrative support for the business unit.
- Perform a variety of project administration duties, including spreadsheet maintenance, preparation of contract forms for approval, distribution of reports
- Type and proofread memoranda, reports, letters, charts, graphs using word processing, spreadsheet and data management applications
- Take notes at meetings and prepares minutes
- Prepare and process paperwork necessary for purchase orders, prepare client invoices packages, code vendor invoices, etc.
- Compile accurate data to prepares reports as needed
- Handle SharePoint maintain sites for projects and programs
- Assist with proposal and reports including formatting, mail merging, proofreading, shipping, copying, report collating, binding and word processing
- Assist with filing and other word processing
- Assist project coordinators with project deliverables
- Enter information into spreadsheets and databases, perform searches and run reports
- Interact with employees, clients, subcontractors and vendors etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Delivery Manager is accountable for delivery and management of the EPC contract. Ensure the portfolio PMT and project teams are resourced with the correct quality and quantity of personnel to deliver the EPC scope.
- Delivery and management of projects within the EPC portfolio in accordance with Wood processes and procedures
- Focal point and interface for all new work entering the portfolio
- Project interface with Wood support offices
- Project interface with Client
- Management and development of Project Engineering team
- Accountable for all aspects of small and medium sized projects within the portfolio
- Line Manager for Project Manager(s) and Project Engineers
- Managing interfaces with appropriate Wood support offices where projects are being executed in support of the portfolio
- Managing interfaces and relationship with client project personnel
- Accountable for commercial and schedule performance of projects
- Ensuring projects are executed in accordance with the Wood project management delivery framework
- Identifying, assessing and managing risks and opportunities within portfolio
- Ensuring that effective management of change process is in place and is being complied with.