Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer – Department Head. The Wood E&IS Portland, Maine Office is a multi-disciplinary science/engineering/architecture team of 150+ staff, located in one of the most livable cities in the US. Wood offers the technical challenges of projects located throughout the US and globally within the relaxed environment of a small, vibrant city.
The Mechanical Engineering Department Head provides department management and technical direction in the mechanical engineering discipline within the Portland Design Center. Responsible for staff management, production scheduling, and technical quality for the mechanical design discipline within the organization. This individual will possess the ability to build and lead multi-disciplinary project teams and capture project opportunities.
- Have a thorough knowledge of HVAC building systems, Industrial ventilation, power, and energy systems; experience with plumbing, fire protection, and electrical building systems a plus
- Calculate heating/cooling loads and energy consumption using energy modeling
- Survey of existing mechanical systems
- Design duct distribution and mechanical systems
- Energy Auditing and LEED experience
- Manage engineering role of projects from design development through construction
- Coordinate or lead other disciplines in the building design field and work in a team environment
- Industrial process and power plant design experience
- Performs resource management for the Mechanical Engineering Department
- Manages the staffing levels and utilization of the department by tracking department performance statistics, and maintaining communication with team members
- Assures that design engineering services are commensurate with professional standards, client requirements, and corporate objectives
- Maintains knowledge of new technical developments in the discipline and assists technical leaders in the dispersion of this knowledge
- Oversees and guides project teams in carrying out design and engineering tasks
- Responsible for the technical quality of work performed within the department, overseeing the technical staff’s implementation of project QAQC plan
- Reviews unusual or complex design problems and guides their solution
- In collaboration with other department heads, establishes expectations and processes to achieve effective inter-discipline coordination and communication
- Resolves disputes and conflicts that develop within the department or with other departments
- Approves timesheets and expense reports per company policies and project allocations
- Evaluates the performance of technical staff and provides salary and bonus recommendations
- Leads the recruitment, selection, and development of engineers and designers for the discipline
- Maintains technical expertise within the department through technical training
- Performs senior engineer and project manager responsibilities on projects as needed
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc. currently has an opportunity available for a Mechanical Quality Assurance Auditor at a data center construction project in the Salt Lake City, UT.
The full-time, onsite Mechanical Quality Assurance auditor will be responsible for observing and inspecting the delivery, installation, and testing of mechanical and plumbing materials, components, and systems for a large-scale, mission-critical facility.
- Ensures compliance with the client’s quality program and project-specific drawings and specifications via routine field inspections of all mechanical and plumbing components and systems
- Use applications on an electronic field device to record results of inspections and noted deficiencies of mechanical/plumbing components
- Work in a team environment with the owner, manufacturer, construction manager, general contractor and their lower-tiered subcontractors to identify and prioritize inspections
- Able to read a project schedule and determine necessary inspections and tests required based on project and client specifications
- Proactively schedule inspections and tests with the general contractor and lower-tiered subcontractors based on short term look-ahead schedule
- Prepare daily and weekly reports summarizing the inspections performed and their results
- Track documented inspection issues / shortcomings through to resolution
- Assist in the review of design drawings and specifications
- Capable of tailoring provided general inspection checklists for project specific equipment
- Assist in turnover of completed facility to owner facility operations
- Can recognize installation trends, take initiative to investigate root-cause analysis, and recommend process improvement
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Project Administrator to join our team in Portland, ME.
- Open reception at 8:00am daily through 5:00pm
- Managing the front desk in a professional manner
- Answering phones
- Greeting guests
- Managing visitor badges
- Validating parking
- Directing guests to employees
- Internal paging
- Sorting incoming mail
- Pulling backup for various projects from Deltek and Webnow
- Keying Invoices
- Scanning and keying all incoming invoices (paper and electronic) into Webnow
- Managing the electronic invoice folder daily to ensure timely keying of invoices in Webnow
- Checking to make sure there are enough funds in PO if PO is necessary for invoice
- Increasing PO if necessary by submitting a purchase requisition in BST and following through with procurement
- Keying new vendor requests
- Working in Webnow and with a/p to inquire about invoice payments
- Assisting PA’s with ePifs (electronic vehicle to open project #'s)
- Assist with preparing and building electronic deliverables in Adobe
- Creating Fedex labels for deliverables
- Assist with scanning logbooks and FDRs
- Assist with document production*
*Overtime may be required to meet deliverable deadlines
Wood is currently seeking a Human Resource Administrator to join our People & Organization team located in Hermiston, OR.
** US Only- Authorization to work permanently in the US without sponsorship required.
The current responsibilities are primarily focused on administrative transactions for hires, terms, and employment changes:
- The role is important in the pre-employment process including the preparation of offer letters, new-hire paperwork, background screening, drug testing, e-verify / I-9 compliance and system account creation.
- For all employees and contractors, the role is the primary liaison with payroll and shared services on all transactions that are recorded in Oracle HR and that impact pay.
- Completing employment verifications and unemployment claims.
- For terminations, the role is to prepare all exiting documents, notification to appropriate internal departments as well as state required notices.
- Assist with annual open enrollment period by assisting with communicating changes to employees and arranging and assisting with employee presentations.
- Strive to ensure employee understanding of benefits programs by regularly generating communication and counseling employees/dependents as situations arise. Resolve employee complaints related to health and welfare plans, refer difficult or very complex complaints to manager as needed.
- Act as a resource for payroll/HR contacts to ensure their understanding and compliance with benefits and HR policies and regulations. Keep management advised of potential problem areas and recommend/implement solutions as appropriate.
- Partner with Strategic Resourcing team to assist with recruitment activities for technical and professional openings.
- Assist with administration of Affirmative Action plan.
- Other responsibilities include a role in the service award plan, eligibility and statistical data reporting, preparation of turnover reports and other personnel-related data as needed.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Project Manager with Heavy Civil construction experience.This position is based out of our Pocatello, Idaho office but will require traveling and working at various project sites.
This candidate must understand and fully comply with all company policies and procedures, specifically including safety (Injury and Incident Free) and corporate code of conduct. This PM must understand and have the ability to effectively plan and schedule, project lifecycle events and general sequence of events and process for engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning and project management project tasks. Must have familiarity with Oracle Primavera and Microsoft Project. Must be able to prepare and / or lead a team in preparing schedules and reports both independently and team environments.
- Develop the project execution plans, lead project reviews, lead negotiations with the client on change orders and contractual disputes while maintaining a solid client relationship and client satisfaction
- Establish and execute safe and effective project delivery strategies covering estimating, procurement, project management and controls
- Bid management, scope definition, program and estimate development
- Stakeholder management, both internally and externally in a challenging environment
- Ensure resources are identified early and available both through internal sources and our partner organizations
- Appliance of and compliance with Wood governance, project controls practices including maintaining P6 schedule and monitoring the project baseline
- Identification, assessment and mitigations of key risks and opportunities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Mechanical Quality Control Inspector for the North Slope. Qualified candidate esponsible for performing inspections and verifications in accordance with BP Alaska requirements and Wood Management System. This position ensures quality control standards in the execution of fabrication and construction activities.
- Perform and document inspections and conduct subcontractor audits as required
- Review applicable standards and codes to establish quality requirements and verify acceptance of finished products
- Evaluate and monitor mechanical, piping, and welding processes and performance to ensure compliance with BP Alaska requirements and Wood quality standards
- Analyze and interpret isometric drawings, plan drawings, piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs), and BP Alaska specifications
- Ensure all deliverables conform to drawings and specifications
- Perform civil, structural, and architectural inspections as required
- Investigate and address customer requests regarding quality
- Implement quality control procedures and document control processes as required
- Perform in-house audits on document control and material handling processes.
- Interface with project management and procurement to communicate quality or supplier issues
- Ensure all deliverables are operational, complete, and ready for turnover to the customer
- Comply with Company and customer policies and procedures
- Support the Wood zero-incident safety culture and assume personal accountability and responsibility for safe work practices in all projects, activities, and operations
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking Field Technicians to join our team in Charlotte, NC.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Conduct tests and investigations in the field or laboratory to obtain data for use by engineering personnel in determining engineering properties of soil, bedrock and construction materials
- Perform laboratory and field tests according to prescribed procedures, processes, and standards
- Collect soil samples, prepare samples for testing, record data, and prepare summary reports
- Operate computer systems and peripheral equipment
- Maintain results logs
- Confers with Engineer and Scientific staff on test efforts
- Set up, maintain, and calibrate equipment
Additional Tasks and Responsibilities:
- May observe and document routine construction operations and write routine field reports
- May assist and observe contractor work on short and long term construction projects and interact with client, contractor or subcontractor representatives accordingly
- May perform a variety of non-technical tasks designed to assist others in preparing for and/or conducting office, laboratory or field activities
- May assist in other non-technical projects as appropriate
Wood is currently recruiting for a Project Manager with experience in the chemical manufacturing industry.
As the Project Manager you will be responsible for managing small facility based projects in an active chemical manufacturing plant as part of that plant’s capital project’s group.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Ensures that clear and complete scopes, schedules, and budgets are prepared and accepted by site management for assigned projects
- Determines the resources needed by the project in order to execute it efficiently
- Is responsible for applying sound engineering practices
- Provides guidance to the project team to accomplish the scope of work and achieve project goals, schedule milestones and cost & quality objectives
- Maintains and tracks scope, schedule, cost, and quality trends throughout the project
- Ensures the accuracy and completeness of all deliverables and services provided by the project
- Holds regular project meetings and communicates regularly to keep all team members and project stake holders up to date on the status of the project
- Work with onsite and external construction and maintenance contractors to assure that projects are completed as intended
- Has responsibility for project completion, including quality of deliverables, and closeout
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions has a career opportunity for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer / Project Manager with our Denver, CO Mining team. This individual will provide geotechnical engineering services and manage projects related to mining and civil/geotechnical projects in the U.S. and internationally.
This individual may travel to our Elko, NV, Salt Lake City, UT and Reno, NV offices but will work full time in our Denver, CO office.
- Will provide civil/geotechnical engineering and project management and be responsible for delivering geotechnical and geologic projects to Wood’s mining clients
- Plan, supervise and lead civil/geotechnical investigations and design activities
- Project management including scope, budget, schedule and resource management
- Managing and coordinating project teams, including ensuring the technical quality of deliverables
- Perform and review geotechnical engineering analyses
- Proposal and report writing
- Will travel to project sites in the US and internationally - Approximately 15% overnight travel
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions (Amec Foster Wheeler is now part of Wood) is seeking an experienced mid-level Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) Compliance Professional to join our Environmental Practice in Peoria, IL. The ideal candidate for this position will have a minimum of 2 years of relevant EHS experience in industry and five (5) years of total EHS experience.
Work for Wood will be a combination of office work and field work. The initial assignment may involve work for six (6) to twelve (12) months as a seconded EHS practitioner in a manufacturing operation in central Illinois. Additional skills/qualifications and job responsibilities are summarized below.
- Communicate with the Wood Project Manager and client Project Manage regarding work expectations, scope of work and budget
- A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with both EHS professionals and non-EHS personnel, both at sites in an office setting
- Licensure as an Illinois Professional Engineer (PE) (or Engineer in Training (EIT)), Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM), or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) a plus, but not required
- Experience with both Illinois and Federal Regulations
- Strong written skills with strong self-checking habits to ensure deliverables (reports, permit applications, procedures, etc.) are concise and clear to the reading audience
- Strong verbal skills with ability to coach and/or train individuals in the workplace with a range of backgrounds in EHS knowledge
- Depending on level of experience as an EHS practitioner, the ability to network with peers and generate new business leads in the compliance practice area
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications and ability to learn new applications including typical EHS Management Systems software
- Ability and willingness to travel to and work at a variety of facilities; Work will typically occur during normal facility or office work hours, but some work on off-hours may be required, including the potential for some overtime
- Must be able to pass drug screen requirements and background checks for Wood and various clients, have a valid driver’s license, and have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with Wood’s (and other Company’s) driving and Motor Vehicle policies
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc. (Amec Foster Wheeler is now part of Wood) is seeking an experienced mid - level Heavy Manufacturing Industrial / Structural Engineer to join our Engineering Practice in Peoria, IL. The ideal candidate for this position will have a minimum of 5 years of relevant structural or industrial engineering experience with at least 2 years in manufacturing industry.
- Communicate with the Wood Project Manager and client Project Manager regarding work expectations, scope of work and budget
- A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with both engineering professionals and non - engineering personnel, both at sites and in an office setting
- Licensure as an Illinois Professional Engineer (PE) or an Illinois Structural Engineer (SE) is a plus, but not required
- Strong written skills with strong self - checking habits to ensure deliverables (reports, permit applications, procedures, etc.) are concise and clear to the reading audience
- Strong verbal skills with ability to coach and / or train individuals in the workplace with a range of backgrounds in industrial manufacturing knowledge
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications and ability to learn new applications
- Ability and willingness to travel to and work at a variety of facilities - Work will typically occur during normal facility work hours, but some work on off - hours may be required, including the potential for some overtime
- Must be able to pass drug screen requirements and background checks for Wood and various clients, have a valid driver’s license, and have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with Wood’s (and other Company’s) driving and Motor Vehicle policies
Are you a Construction Manager (CM) with 5 -10 years of construction management experience? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with Senior Staff on a variety of technically challenging environmental remediation projects, decommissioning and demolition projects and various other construction projects? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established international engineering/consulting firm that values its employee’s enthusiasm and technical contributions? If so, we encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions (Wood) is currently seeking a Construction Manager to join our Novi, Michigan team. The position is approximately 60 percent field work and 40 percent office work on a variety of projects for a wide range of industrial, commercial, federal, state and municipal clients.
- Responsible for overall field safety including Wood personnel, contractors and other onsite personnel
- Manage/oversee contractors executing various remedial technologies for soil, groundwater and sediment remediation, demolition, and other construction activities; remedial technology construction projects include Soil Vapor Extraction Systems, in-situ thermal and chemical oxidation, excavation, caps/covers, sediment dredging and stabilization, and groundwater pump and treat systems; other construction projects involve execution of decommissioning and demolition projects from small building to power/chemical plant facilities, installation of retainage systems (e.g., slurry walls, sheet walls), and other general civil site work and associated components (e.g., piping, electrical, PLC and HVAC installations)
- Understand operation and maintenance activities associated with installed systems
- Prepare or assist in conceptual construction cost estimates
- Review plans and specifications for constructability during design
- Prepare bidding documents, requests for proposals and assist in contractor procurement
- Review contractor submittals including equipment, Work Plans and QA/QC Plans
- Manage contractors and Wood onsite personnel for compliance with project designs, specifications and contract requirements throughout construction
- Track payment applications, requests for information, change order requests and general construction phase submittals
- Monitor proper documentation of construction activities
- Review daily, weekly and monthly construction reports prepared by field staff
- Develop and maintain project schedules (Master and look-ahead)
- Interface with Wood clients, government officials and other stakeholders
- Conduct project closeout activities including final inspections, completion of punch lists, and record drawings
- Maintain permits and training certificates
- Maintain and develop vendor and other professional contacts
- Participate in training events, project meetings, and construction/engineering team meetings
- Work and travel safely, follow company and site safety standards
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Travel to project sites primarily in the Mid-West but with some travel to the Mid-Atlantic region
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Mid-Level Field Technician to support our growing environmental assessment and remediation practice in the North Florida Region. Wood is a multi-disciplined engineering, environmental, and construction services consulting firm comprised of approximately 60,000 employees located in every corner of the globe. Our North Florida region has nearly 200 employees with offices in Tallahassee, Gainesville, Pensacola and Jacksonville. This position will be staffed in the Tallahassee office.
- This position will support the project geologist, environmental scientist or engineer on a variety of assessment and remediation field tasks
- Installing and logging soil borings, collection of soil, groundwater, vapor, sediment and surface water samples, and assisting with the completion of aquifer testing
- Operation of construction equipment for installation of soil and groundwater remediation systems and excavation of contaminated soil
- Troubleshooting and maintaining of remediation equipment for compliance with performance specifications and collection of data from soil and groundwater remediation systems
- Perform other field related activities as assigned by the Project Manager
- Approximately 75% overnight travel
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking an Engineering Technician/Inspector with Roadway Testing Technician certification to perform field and laboratory testing on the I16/I95 Interchange Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT) roadway projects. Work may be performed in a laboratory setting or may be performed on a jobsite away from the office, under a variety of environmental and climatic conditions, and on occasion for extended periods of time.
- Conduct tests in the field or laboratory to obtain data for use by engineering and scientific personnel in determining engineering, environmental, or physical properties of soil, bedrock, construction materials, air, and aquatic ecosystems
- Perform laboratory and field tests according to prescribed procedures, processes, and standards for soil, concrete, and asphalt
- Calculate test results
- Gathers and maintains data records
- Collect soil, concrete, and asphalt samples, prepare samples for testing, record data, and prepare summary reports
- Use specialized equipment and apparatus to prepare analyses, reports, and/or technical drawings
- Enter test results into a computer
- Works closely with other technicians
- Interact with the client (GDOT) personnel
- Fulltime work expected 40+ hours per week, not including travel time
Wood is recruiting for a Sr. Instrumentation Design Engineer to perform advanced detailing, redrawing, lettering and tracing of drawings and system layouts.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required
Must be local to the Long Beach, California area, No relocation package available.
- Prepares designs and layouts that define concepts or the basic functional characteristics of discipline project deliverables. Selects information from precedents and technical guides
- Prepares complete sets of complex drawings which include multiple views, detail drawings and assembly drawings
- Creates complete layouts, analyzes complex designs, evaluates and generates new designs.
- Calculates dimensional tolerance requirements to ensure proper assembly fit according to design requirements defined by Engineers
- Performs final drafting review to ensure comprehensive dimensional data for engineering or fabrication purposes. Reviews own work and compares to engineering drawings and supporting documentation to ensure for accuracy, completeness, and conformance to drafting, applicable design, component weights and system standards
- Assists with the preparation of technical publications, presentations and computer animations for sales, proposal and project personnel
- Prepares documentation, information and communication such as Engineering Change Notices (ECN’s), engineering specifications, design reports and required system documentation. Ensures conformance to all policies and procedures
SPECIFIC ACTIVITIES (INTERMITTENT, ON AN OCCASIONAL BASIS, ETC.
- Performs other duties and assists with special projects as assigned
- May prepare time estimates for review before assigned work is initiated
- Complexity of Duties and Decisions: The extent to which duties are guided by standard policy, practice or precedents or the amount of resourcefulness and planning and creative effort in devising new methods, policies, procedures, products or original application
- Selects and interprets data based on knowledge of the design intent
- Exercises creative effort in order to provide cost effective solutions for complex design specifications Must conform to standard work
- practices (safety, security, environmental and quality), procedures and Company business practices and codes of conduct
- Information to solve the problem comes from a variety of sources and may not be readily available.
- Must think through multiple alternatives and potential consequences to determine best outcome
- Initiative: Describe the ingenuity, creative imagination or original thought that is expected of the job
- Suggests a direction when something isn’t working the way it should. Is encouraged to share their views and make suggestions
- Acts to prevent conditions from getting out of hand or to resolve an issue as they see fit and reports immediately. Is preauthorized to cope with issues within established parameters and then report the results of their actions right away. How are errors detected? What is possible impact of those errors?
- Usually operates with broad latitude for independent, creative work, so errors may not be detected until subsequent review. Errors may result in schedule delays or increased costs
Wood is currently looking for a fully competent and experienced Mechancial Engineer knowledgeable in FEA to join our Process Technology group in Houston as a Design Technology Specialist.
The Design Technnology Specialist plans, schedules, conducts or assigns and supervises broad and/or technically complex engineering assignments requiring judgment, independent evaluation, selection and significant adaptation and deviation from standard techniques and procedures. May serve as a technical expert in meetings with customers and vendors or in planning and conducting broadly defined relatively complex engineering tasks. Travels to project meetings and job sites as necessary. Develops new techniques and solutions and suggests and justifies product and work process improvements. Independently performs most assignments. Receives technical guidance only on very unusual or complex problems.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepare or supervise the preparation of design calculations and other engineering documentation using standards and/or new methods as required
- Prepare or supervise the preparation and issue of reports based on calculations and organization standards.
- Ensure the technical quality of work performed by subordinates
- May plan and coordinate the work of less experienced engineers
- Review and approve drawings and other engineering documentation for compliance with CI sheet and/or BEDD sheet requirements, codes, and standards
- Prepare or supervise the preparation of technical specifications for purchased equipment
- Coordinate and interface with equipment suppliers
- May contribute to the preparation of technical evaluations of supplier’s proposals
- Serve as a technical expert within the organization
- Work effectively and communicate with customers, other technical disciplines, and the organization’s project management team
- Ensure all work on assigned projects is timely, accurate and high quality
Wood is currently seeking a Senior Project Controls Specialist to support our Pipelines Group that performs construction projects for pipelines. This position will provide project planning, scheduling, cost tracking, and project financial support for these projects.
Primary duties will be preparing and maintaining project schedules, tracking cost, performing earned value analysis, working with project managers to prepare estimate to complete, and other project controls related activities. Other duties may include assisting in the preparation and revision of corporate project controls and project management procedures.
Job Location: Loveland, CO
- Utilize project management systems to update and manage project budgets, commitments, expenditures and forecasts
- Developing WBS and project coding structures using Primavera software
- Developing and maintaining cost loaded schedules for both design and construction related projects
- Conduct project performance analysis using earned value techniques
- Support reporting requirements for invoice submittals and monthly status reports
- Maintain project budget and forecast spending plans
- Downloading and analyzing project expenditures, commitments, and invoicing data
- Provide proposal support to include schedules, reports, cost analysis, and other Primavera supporting functions
- Utilize in house proprietary project controls software and applications
Wood is currently recruiting for a top level, non-supervisory Sr. Piping Designer, to create designs that meet complex specifications.
U.S. Only: Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
Must be located in the Long Beach California area, no relocation package provided.
- Prepares complete sets of complex drawings which include multiple views, detail drawings and assembly drawings.
- Prepares designs and layouts that define concepts or the basic functional characteristics of the equipment being designed.
- Develops safe, operable and economic piping systems to support the process requirements. Selects information from precedents and technical guides.
- Creates complete layouts, analyzes complex designs, evaluates optimum designs and generates new designs.
- Performs final drafting review to ensure comprehensive dimensional data for engineering or fabrication purposes.
- Reviews own work and compares to engineering drawings and supporting documentation to ensure for accuracy, completeness, and conformance to drafting, applicable design, component weights and system standards.
- Assists with the preparation of technical publications, presentations and computer animations for sales, proposal and project personnel.
- Prepares documentation, information and communication such as Engineering Change Notices (ECN’s), engineering specifications, design reports and required system documentation. Ensures conformance to all policies and procedures.
SPECIFIC ACTIVITIES (INTERMITTENT, ON AN OCCASIONAL BASIS, ETC.)
- May prepare time estimates for review before assigned work is initiated.
- Performs other duties and assists with special projects as assigned.
- Participates in the development of original designs or adaptations requiring specialized experience.
- Exercises creative effort in order to provide cost effective solutions for complex design specifications.
- Must conform to standard work practices (safety, security, environmental and quality), procedures and Company business practices and codes of conduct.
- Researches, plans, coordinates and proposes original design, technical evaluations and development work on all assigned projects including complex or large scope projects.
- Resolves associated fabrication problems.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Geologist to join our team in Fresno, CA. The ideal candidate has more than 5 years’ experience post Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of graduate level degree and experience. California Professional Geologist registration preferred or have experience for examination in the next 2 years.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Work directly with senior-level personnel in interpreting the actual needs of individual clients
- Determine required scope and level of effort of project work, including the degree of completeness and precision to which project elements should be addressed
- Coordinate site activities with contractors, subcontractors, agency personnel and client representatives
- Exercise independent professional judgment not subject to close review
- Maintain a high level of communications skill, with emphasis on the preparation of clear and concise written reports
- Demonstrate a high level of competence in directing and managing large single-disciplined projects and/or small to moderate sized multi-disciplined projects
- Provide technical direction to and mentors subordinate staff
- Responsible for ensuring the Firm’s administrative and financial policies and procedures as well as the methods and procedures specific to his/her specific discipline are followed
- Represent Wood and interact in a professional manner with client and subcontractor representatives while on field assignments
- Understand, apply and oversee safety requirements in the field
Additional Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide an effective Quality Assurance / Quality Control role
- Effectively represent the firm in verbal presentations to clients
- Meet with client representatives at the direction of more senior personnel and behave in a manner compatible with the firm’s professional standards and financial goals
- Other duties as assigned
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking an HVAC Mechanic II (Maintenance) to join our team for various locations throughout California.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Performs general maintenance and repair of facility equipment and systems - This position requires extensive skill and knowledge in such trades as HVAC, plumbing, general mechanical maintenance procedures, refrigeration, and electricity - Work involves general maintenance procedures of equipment including but not limited to the following: air handlers, exhaust fans, pumps, fan coil units, cabinet unit heaters, packaged and split type DX units, boilers, chillers, cooling towers, and plumbing fixtures
- Install, modify and repair refrigeration – hermetic, semi-hermetic, mechanical, screw, scroll and centrifugal units to 1,100 tons; air conditioning, ventilation; reverse osmosis systems, computer rooms; process coolers; ice machines; evaporative cooling; air compressing and related control systems including pneumatic, DDC and building control systems equipment
- Perform difficult installation tasks involving assembly, testing, calibrating, and adjusting of temperature control and environmental control systems such as air conditioning plants, air environmental control systems, air distribution systems and complex dual equipment cooling installations, specialized refrigerated warehouses and facilities, and evaporative mechanical ventilation and dehumidification systems
- Install new or repaired component and perform complex modifications of systems and components in accordance with applicable electrical publications and directives, and will maintain and repair specialized equipment such as; pneumatic and DDC control components, water treatment systems, process cooling systems, boilers, chillers, and cascade refrigeration systems
- May perform complex repair of systems component such as compressors, condensers, heat pumps regulators, fluid and refrigerant gas lines valves, meters, gages, thermostats, pumps, mechanical linkage, and electrical sensing, switching and controlling devices including pneumatic controls, variable speed drives, digital controlled devices, electronic, hydraulic heating and cooling and economizer systems
- Perform heating and cooling water treatment checking for target pH and chemical concentration levels as determined by a heating and cooling water chemist and makes adjustments to treatment chemical level as required
- Other duties as assigned by foreman or lead