Wood Environmental & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Building Inspector to travel independently, or with a team, to various client sites to observe and document roofing components and conditions and prepare field observation reports. The technician shall meet various project administrative needs including, but not limited to, scheduling inspections, filling out daily reports, collection of data during observations and input of information into the project database. Being able to evaluate and solve unforeseen field conditions is an essential part of the role. This position demands a focused attention to safety and the ability to assess and safely work according to the existing conditions at each location visited.
- 5-7 years’ experience in the commercial roofing industry including performing inspections
- Knowledge of various roof systems such as foam roofing systems, built-up roofs (BUR and Mod-Bit), single ply membranes (EPDM, PVC, TPO) and typical roofing details for each
- Perform roof inspections to correctly inventory all components and assess conditions and remaining services life, including roofs having multiple sections of differing materials
- Identifying and roofing deficiencies including location, density, quantity and severity
- Documenting inspection results with clear and appropriately labeled photographs
- Performing routine housekeeping of roof surfaces including roof drains and gutters
- Good drafting skills and field note taking
- Prepare accurate field reports and input data into the project database using a field table computer and web-based computer applications
- Utilize strong communications skills to facilitate general coordination with project schedulers and owner’s representatives is required
- Work efficiently to continuously meet project milestones
- Must work well with team members, have a positive customer service attitude, and possess excellent verbal communication skills
- Perform related duties as may be necessary to support the needs of the business
- Perform standard administrative tasks, such as completing timesheets and expense reports as required
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Project Quality Assurance Manager (QAM) to join our dynamic team to support a Major Mobility Improvement Project for Georgia DOT in Chatham County, Georgia near the City of Savannah. The ideal candidate will have a background in Design-Build (DB) projects in a QAM oversight role and will report directly to the person or group with overall Project management responsibilities for the Project. The QAM shall co-locate for the term of the project and The DB Team’s QAM and quality control staff shall have no responsibilities in the production of the Work.
- Development and updating of the Quality Management Plan, ensuring that all elements of Work are performed in accordance with the Design-Build (DB) Documents
- Ensuring adequate staffing and expertise is being utilized for the DB Team’s Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Control (QC) efforts
- Preparation of a monthly report of the quality reviews, inspections and tests performed, results of such reviews, inspections and tests, and occurrences and resolution of non-conformance discoveries
- Maintain a log of all Non-Conformance Reports (NCR) and submit it weekly to Georgia DOT; and number each NCR sequentially and provide a brief description and status - The DB Team shall submit the monthly reports to Georgia DOT for review - The responsible organization shall submit a proposed disposition to GDOT of the nonconforming Work that has been reviewed and approved by the DB Team’s QAM and Engineer of Record
- The DB Team’s QAM and quality control manager(s) shall have the authority to stop Work for quality-related issues - The DB Team shall conduct all work necessary to meet the requirements of the DB Document to satisfy all functional needs and characteristics of the quality assurance program, including QC, QA and quality improvement
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Survey Crew Chief to join our team in Phoenix, AZ.
The successful candidate will perform surveying services in the field as a part of a two-person crew. They will be responsible for:
- Performing field work efforts for land surveying services of all types
- Prepare field staking materials as necessary
- Operate Trimble GPS and Robotic Total Station data collectors
- Read and understand engineering and survey drawings, maps, exhibits and field layout documents
- Maintain field equipment in a clean and secure manner
- Load and unload field survey equipment and supplies to and from the survey truck
- Perform pre-start vehicle checks to ensure operability maintenance and safety
- Upload and Download daily work files
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions’ Albuquerque, NM office is seeking a Civil, Environmental or Chemical Engineer with appropriate experience to support feasibility studies, planning, engineering design, cost estimates, construction administration and oversight of projects that could involve earthwork, heavy construction, utilities, water quality evaluation, water treatment, wastewater facilities, hydraulics, surface water hydrology, environmental planning, report preparation, alternatives evaluation and staff management. We encourage you to apply to join our team of friendly, dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and the opportunity to make a difference.
- Prepare engineering evaluations and feasibility studies, and develop conceptual cost estimates
- Prepare project planning and reporting documents including work plans, alternatives analyses and technical reports
- Perform engineering analysis for earthwork volumes, storm water hydrology, water treatment, utility design, pipeline design, pumping systems
- Develop construction drawings and technical specifications for civil and environmental projects
- Prepare construction cost estimates
- Develop or support proposal preparation
- Provide construction management support including review of contractor submittals and construction oversight
- Coordinate with and possibly oversee engineering work of other staff members to complete project assignments
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking an Entry Level Laboratory Technician to join our Salt Lake City, Utah team to support construction materials laboratory testing for mining, transportation and commercial/industrial construction projects.
- Will perform soil, concrete, asphalt and geosynthetic liner material laboratory testing
- Operate standard construction materials laboratory testing equipment
- Perform analysis or calculations to check accuracy of test data
- Data input for report preparation and submittal to clients
- Field technician dispatch
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Financial Analyst / Administrative Support Specialist to join our team in Austin or Houston Texas. Support local managers in managing and distributing information within an office or region including sending and receiving correspondence. Planning and scheduling events including office/client meetings and inquiring about participants' availability. Other duties may include scheduling appointments and preparing presentation materials. May record the minutes of meetings. A self-starter, who is capable of planning and managing their workload, and enjoys interfacing with senior managers within the organization, will thrive in this environment.
This position could be located in either our Austin or Houston, TX offices depending on candidate preference.
- Provide pro-active administrative support to the regional Vice President
- Monitor/track executive's movements, priorities, and emails and act as a proxy when needed
- Coordinates and schedules conference calls, meetings, travel arrangement and events for group; often coordinates events and interacts with leaders within and outside the business
- Produce high quality reports, presentations or other documents as required
- Prepare monthly results’ reports including but not limited to profit & loss statements, labor utilization, backlog, and sales/sector by customer
- Prepare and analyze comparisons between different levels of data
- Utilize multiple core systems to validate and reconcile data for reporting
- Support operations and functions through company budgeting/forecasting process for data entry
- Prepare various reports for ad hoc data requests, monthly results, and/or budgets
- Perform structure maintenance in ERP system as relates to reporting
- Prepares monthly reports with various comparison analysis, including but not limited to budgets, forecasts, and actual results.
- Acts as primary support and contact to function leads as relates to financials – budgets and actuals.
- Responsible for assisting budgeters and forecasters, including system support and/or troubleshooting.
- Perform system loads as pertains to budgets and forecasts.
- Perform analysis and validation within multiple systems to ensure accuracy of financial reporting within E&IS and to Wood corporate.
- Able to handle various administrative functions as assigned
Wood is currently searching for a Mechanical Commissioning Coordinator with extensive oil and gas experience. This position would be located in Houston, Texas.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS: Support client commissioning team to a successful completion and injury free activities and tasks in an office environment. This includes planning activities and procedure writing for Systems Completion scope of work.
CRITICAL SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES: Be responsible for understanding and executing Wood’s Safety Policies and Procedures throughout all phases of the project. Personal safety awareness and team safety awareness are necessary.
- Assist the Commissioning Manager in planning development and reporting
- Develop commissioning and start-up procedures for assigned mechanical/process systems
- Interact with Engineering and Operations team for input and draw from past experience and knowledge when developing procedures
- Read, interpret and work from vendor documentation, project drawings, schematic diagrams and equipment manuals
- Identify personnel and equipment resources necessary to perform mechanical commissioning activities for assigned systems
- Attend key mechanical/process equipment factory acceptance tests
- Requisition parts and supplies and maintain spare parts inventory
- Manage mechanical vendor support during the commissioning phase for the assigned systems
- Maintain records and prepare regular and special reports on mechanical and process systems
- Produce and maintain As-built drawings and documentation
- Assist Operations during Offshore Start Up, Provide Operations with technical support throughout Start Up, stabilization and performance testing
- Provide Turnover Coordinator with the required handover documentation, ensuring a smooth handover to Offshore Operations
- Analyze work problems and make corrections, which will facilitate the completion of assignments
- Read, understand and follow Permit to Work procedures
- Proficient with BSEE, ABS and USCG Regulations for Offshore Deepwater Facilities
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Coordinate activities with other departments and staff
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with direct supervision and other departments
- Other duties may be assigned or requested
Success criteria includes:
- Increased win rates within the respective businesses
- Ensure the business is properly supported
- Ensure quality of bids
Summary of Responsibilities include:
- Proposals - Lead proposal process from start to finish for respective business
- Cross Selling – Encourage and support cross selling of services for Wood across all markets
More detailed responsibilities:
- Business Development Responses: Responsible for leading Wood’s responses to business development opportunities, including initial pursuits of prospects, requests for information, solicitation of interests, pre-qualifications, and requests for proposals. Proposal coordination responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop and lead the implementation of a proposal responsibility matrix and proposal schedule
- Lead proposal kick-off and review meetings
- Faciltate the proposal win strategy development, value proposition and executive summary and ensure these key elements of the proposal are clear and concise throughout the proposal
- Develop sections of the proposal assigned to the Proposal Coordinator and expedite others at all levels of management and organization in the development of information required for the proposal
- Lead proposal data entry, formatting, editing, reviews, reproduction and delivery
- Interface with key participants, including clients, to execute the proposal process
- Develop sales and technical information for proposal use
- Develop proposal resource material (resumes, presentations, boilerplate, etc.)
- Ensure overall compliance with applicable client requests and requirements
- Follow proposal procedures and guidelines (Corporate and BU-specific)
- Proposal Management Reviews: Facilitate technical and commercial proposal reviews and lead red team reviews and prepare the relevant documentation for those reviews as necessary
- Understand and be able to develop CBS (Cost Break Down Structure) and WBS (Work Break Down Structure) working closely with lead planner
- Review, track labor productivity. Identify early variance trends that could impact schedule or cost performance. Identify areas for improvement
- Monitor and ensure the transfer of the correct project man-hours and cost data to/from other internal systems
- Provide weekly reports in support of the project reporting requirements and Follow up / update labor reports and timekeeping report
- Implement and manage the linkages between the Commissioning plans and hook-up.
- Provide support to the Planning Team Lead in the developments of the Schedule and Risk Analysis
- Monitor progress and performance throughout the Hook-up stage up to commissioning and Start Up. Maintain records capable of alerting the Project of any adverse trends
- Regular progress update reports and schedule
- Assist commissioning and hook-up for updating detail schedule for carry over works and punches
- Establish priorities list and monitor offshore Hook-up and commissioning interfaces with operations
- Ensure schedule requirements to meet commissioning assistance of construction, vendor assistance, leak testing, flushing contractor,
- Work closely with Project control team and all contractors in monitoring and forecasting
- Weekly updating of expended hours and earned analysis of work orders
- Communicate forecasts and updates of completion schedule with team and project stakeholders
- Follow-up and actively co-ordinate project plans, key milestones, critical paths and progress updating
- Perform cost forecast analysis/assessments to support mitigation
- Monitor and report project status, as well as change control
- Exchange and utilize experiences and benchmarking with other projects internally
- Prepare experience transfer feedback to templates and governing documents
- Actively participates in coordination meetings with contractors
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions’ Seattle area offices are currently seeking a Marketing Coordinator with a minimum of 3 years of experience with coordinating, developing and producing: statements of qualifications (SOQs), proposals, presentations, and supporting marketing materials, such as resumes and capability sheets. This position requires a candidate with effective time management, communication, planning, organization, and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate has the ability to take initiative, work independently and coordinate efforts with multi-discipline teams. The Marketing Coordinator must possess excellent attention to detail and have the ability to produce high quality work in a deadline-driven environment.
Open to our downtown Seattle or Kirkland office
- Lead and/or assist with the coordination, development and production of proposals, SOQs, and presentations, ensuring the highest quality of information and documentation output
- Participate in all aspects of marketing deliverables including: the development and updating of standard materials (resumes, project descriptions, capability sheets); maintaining a library of materials, images and boilerplate text; writing; graphics; document editing; content review; printing and final document assembly
- Proposal coordination responsibilities can include:
- Review proposal requirements carefully, communicate them with the team, and manage meeting them under short time constraints
- Collect and organize marketing materials from library, identifying missing elements or gaps
- Participate in go/no-go decisions, lead proposal kick-off meetings, as requested, and work with technical team to establish value proposition and win themes
- Write proposal sections and compile/edit text prepared by technical staff
- Develop or coordinate the preparation of proposal-relevant graphics and visuals
- Coordinate teaming arrangements and communicate with outside firms in support of proposal teaming
- Administrate review process to ensure contents meet corporate and quality standards
- Provide administrative support for marketing and business development activities, including tracking efforts, compiling notes, organizing information, meeting coordination, researching target markets, and supporting planning efforts
- Support local and national event/association activities and involvement
Wood is currently recruiting for a Workover Supervisor with extensive experience in the offshore oil and gas industry. This position will be located in Equatorial Guinea and will be on a 28/28 rotation.
- Responsible for well kill operations on remote platforms
- Revising workover programs and equipment
- Running and pulling Electric Submersible Pumps
- Performing workovers and running completions, logging and perforating,coil tubing, well testing and well intervention operations
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc. (Wood) is searching for a Senior Structural Engineer with a minimum of 15 years of relevant experience to join our team in Phoenix, AZ. Primary focus for project work will be the structural aspects of engineering studies, design reports, construction documents, and construction oversight/administration related to water/wastewater infrastructure.
- Directs and supervises technical assignments (both field and office)
- Manages structural engineering elements of projects
- Maintains effective client relations
- Prepares and conducts technical review of staff, reports, correspondence, and calculations; prepares technical recommendations
- Produces non-routine plans, reports, and specifications
- Identifies and defines scope, technique, price, and schedule
- Prepares, directs, and reviews engineering and construction cost estimates
- Recognizes and initiates business development opportunities
- Supports preparation of large-scale proposals
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc. (Wood) is searching for a Mid-level Structural Engineer with a minimum of six (6) years of relevant experience to join our team in Phoenix, AZ. The position will entail working on structural evaluation, repair and design projects on a variety of types of buildings and public infrastructure. Candidate will have opportunity to collaborate with personnel at other Wood offices throughout the company.
- Serves as a discipline lead for structural engineering elements of projects
- Reviews and interprets building code requirements and other pertinent design standards
- Prepares client deliverables including field reports, calculation packages, plans/drawings, and specifications
- Performs structural inspections in concrete, masonry, and steel
- Conducts technical reviews of reports, correspondence, and calculations related to the structural discipline
- Assists in defining structural scope, budget, and schedule for structural efforts/projects
- Prepares and reviews engineering and construction cost estimates
- Supports preparation of proposals and bids, including design-build projects
- Follows company safety standards and site safety standards
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established and progressive engineering consulting firm that values its employee’s enthusiasm and technical contributions? If so, Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc. (Wood) is looking for somebody like you to join our nearly 180-employee strong operation in Phoenix, Arizona.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and able to work for various Project Managers on simultaneous projects involving multidisciplinary teams. The Phoenix office is a full-service project delivery office, and delivers design-bid-build, CM@Risk, design-build, and EPCM projects. Types of projects include Water, Transportation, Mining, Power, Government, and Industrial/Commercial infrastructure projects.
- Proven ability in project planning, and developing, monitoring, updating, forecasting and analyzing integrated project schedules
- Proficiency in monitoring project progress for performance measurement; an earned value management system (EVMS) and its related accounting component used to record actual costs for a project or activity
- Generating relevant reports, understanding and analyzing the information reported, using actual cost data from, or reconcilable with, the accounting system for management of a project or activity
- Managing change to the scope of work and/or any deviation, performance trend, or change to an approved or baseline project control plan, throughout the life-cycle of a project or portfolio of projects in the public and/or private sector
- Utilize project management systems to update and manage project budgets, commitments, expenditures and forecasts
- Coordinate Oracle project setup with the Project Managers and prepare project performance reports
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Utility Services Analyst to join our team in Asheville, NC.
- Project Management on Utility Services projects
- SUE, Utility location and surveying
- Work with the geomatics services manager and project managers to achieve department goals
- Continued training of field crew personnel
- Provide quality control and quality assurance on Utility Services deliverables
- Work on several jobs simultaneously
- Maintain good relations with Utility Companies
- Maintain good client relations
Project Related Responsibilities
- All facets of Utility Services projects including:
- Daily designation of all sub surface utilities, utilizing geophysical, and magnetic equipment
- Daily use of ground penetrating radar (GPR) to detect slab voids, steel reinforcement, structural evaluations, utilities and non-metallic /metallic objects
- Daily operation of vacuum excavation truck
- Daily contact with utility companies to coordinate design conflict resolution plans
- Preparation of cost and time estimates for Utility Services proposals
- Daily coordination with various utility engineers for collection of records research
- Site inspection
- Monitor technical and quality control standards
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking an Entry-Level Civil Engineer to join our highly collaborative team and learn to create dynamic solutions on a wide range of complex projects. Our current opening will focus on the water resources and land development practice areas with public and private clients. You will work with dedicated professionals that will train and mentor you to a successful career path.
- Prepare design calculations, under the direct supervision of a licensed professional engineer, for: storm water management, grading, erosion and sediment control, sanitary sewer, water main and roadway projects
- Produce construction documents (plans and specifications) using Microsoft Office, ArcGIS, AutoCAD, and / or Civil 3D
- Prepare permit applications for various local, state and federal agencies of jurisdiction. Assist with the procurement process and perform construction engineering tasks, including site visits to monitor conformance to construction documents
- Prepare written reports for clients or agencies of jurisdiction
- Work under the direct supervision of a licensed Professional Engineer
Wood is seeking an Engineering Technician/Inspector to perform field and laboratory testing on Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT) roadway projects. Roadway projects will in GDOT District Numbers 1 to 6 (Districts - Gainesville, Thomaston, Cartersville, Tennille, Tifton, Jesup). Work may be performed in a laboratory setting or may be performed on a jobsite away from the office, under a variety of environmental and climatic conditions, and on occasion for extended periods of time. Field assignments will be within GDOT Districts 1 to 6 and may require some daily commute/travel within the truck to field offices, laboratories, and project sites.
- Conduct tests in the field or laboratory to obtain data for use by engineering and scientific personnel in determining engineering, environmental, or physical properties of soil, bedrock, construction materials, air, and aquatic ecosystems
- Perform laboratory and field tests according to prescribed procedures, processes, and standards for soil, concrete, and asphalt
- Calculate test results
- Gathers and maintains data records
- Collect soil, concrete, and asphalt samples, prepare samples for testing, record data, and prepare summary reports
- Use specialized equipment and apparatus to prepare analyses, reports, and/or technical drawings
- Enter test results into a computer
- Works closely with other technicians
- Interact with the client (GDOT) personnel
- Fulltime work expected 40 hours per week, not including travel time
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Vogtle Concrete Technician to perform field inspections and observations for industrial constitution in Waynesboro, GA.
- Perform sampling and testing of Portland cement concrete in strict accordance with ASTM standards
- Read and interpret project designs and specifications to determine what tests are required
- Clearly completely and accurately document the testing performed
- Strict adherence to all safety and environmental regulation
- Client interaction on a daily basis
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking an Entry-Level Water Resources Engineer to join our team in Columbia, SC to support our Water Resources, Natural Resources and Environmental Assessment groups. Ideal candidates will have a Bachelor of Science degree in civil / environmental engineering, preferably an Engineer-in-Training certification, and 0-3 years of experience.
- Support civil design, stream restoration, and other water resources design projects
- Support stormwater management programs
- Support environmental permitting projects
- Support various projects within Environmental Branch (e.g., Phase I Environmental Site
- Assessments and wetland delineations)
- Conduct field investigations
- Conduct sampling events (surface water, groundwater, soil) in various site settings
- Perform engineering calculations
- Develop hydrologic and hydraulic models
- Assist senior staff with the preparation of technical reports, including compiling analytical data
- Conduct public education, including environmental education in schools, educational workshops and at local festivals
- Some travel/field work (daytime and overnight) may be required (usually in Southeast U.S.)
- Work with a team of water resources engineers and environmental scientists
- Have and maintain a valid driver’s license, work outdoors in various weather conditions
Wood is seeking a Principal Estimator to join our Upstream Group responsible for providing leadership and management to the project assigned estimating team in the preparation of complete engineering, procurement, fabrication, and construction estimates in accordance with client and project requirements for Offshore projects.
U.S. Only: Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
This role will be accountable for the following areas:
- Responsible for complete and timely preparation of various types of estimates for offshore projects.
- Specific experience in development of estimates for Floating Production Storage and Offloading Units (FPSO), Semisubmersibles, Tension Leg Platforms (TLP) and Turret Mooring Systems, Fixed Structure Topsides
- Developing project specific estimate plans, schedules, and basis
- Leading a team in the development of conceptual, factored, semi-detailed, and detailed cost estimates
- Calculating craft labor rates, productivity, and location factors
- Assist in the preparation of unit rate and lump-sum contracts, specifically development of pay items, methods of measurement, definition(s) of inclusions/ exclusions
- Evaluate subcontractor proposals/ bids, participate in clarification meetings
- Reviewing and evaluating vendor and subcontractor quotes
- Performing detailed quantitative, cost, and productivity analysis
- Participate in risk identification sessions, developing risk models, assess risks (costs) preparing reports and presentations
- Preparation of change orders, trends, and comparative studies
- Plan, schedule, and lead the estimate review and presentation process
- Presentation of the estimate to Wood and Client management
- Maintenance and support of historical estimating databases, escalation indices, and productivity data
- Mentoring and coaching members of the estimating team to ensure there ongoing development