Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Site HSSE Manager to manage occupational safety and health, industrial hygiene, worker safety and health, medical services, environmental compliance, environmental remediation, environmental sampling and analysis, and construction safety on a fixed project site.
Multiple locations throughout the US
Key responsibilities include:
- Coordinate and act as interface between client HSE programs and Wood E&IS procedures and technical standards
- Act as initial point of contact between field-based HSSE teams and operations management
- Administer the process for the development of subcontractor HSSE key performance indicators and criteria for coordination between local offices and regional operations management
- Actively participate in Activity Hazard Analysis, Method Statement reviews, engineering design studies, training program development, and personal protective equipment selection
- Support project management in oversight of subcontractor method statement preparation and training & competency determination including the processes used for appraisal of technical adequacy, appropriateness and closure of non-conformance corrective actions
- Incorporate Wood HSSE Blue Book Assurance elements in to project-specific procedures, ensure consistency with client requirements and prequalification support
- Represent and speak for project HSSE to E&IS concerned parties, client representatives, and stakeholders (e.g. presenting, explaining, selling, defending, and negotiating)
- Facilitate project management use of lessons learned generated from E&IS-wide incidents and near misses and corrective actions generated from monthly subcontractor HSSE reviews
- Manage incident and near miss investigation program and advertisement and improvement to HEART programs
- Support E&IS project and client management and S&D in continuous interactions with ultimate customer and participate in routine interface activities
Wood has a career opportunity for a Binder Laboratory Technician to join our Phoenix, AZ team. This individual will receive and test samples following a variety of standard procedures. Our ideal candidate is sharp, willing to learn, flexible and has great attention to detail.
- Conduct tests and investigations in the laboratory and/or field to obtain data for use by engineering and technical personnel in determining physical properties of bituminous materials
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses to determine chemical and physical properties of experimental and developmental materials
- Perform laboratory tests according to prescribed procedures, processes and standards
- Use specialized equipment and apparatus to prepare analyses, reports, and / or technical drawings
- Operate computer systems and peripheral equipment
- Clean working areas in the laboratory
- Maintain results log
- Enter data and use spreadsheet computer programs
- Confers with Engineers and Scientific staff on test and design efforts
- Set up, maintain and calibrate equipment
- Will use mathematical equations to calculate test results
- May require some lifting and carrying
- Work around hot bituminous materials
- Work in a safe manner according to company policies, procedures, and laboratory practices
Wood is currently recruiting for a senior Process Safety Engineer with experience in the chemical manufacturing industry in the Clear Lake,Texas area. You will provide process engineering design, technical expertise and knowledge of the Carbon Monoxide [CO] manufacturing process to support capital project execution and PHA/PSM evaluation
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without any type of company sponsorship required.
Must be local to the area, no relocation package available.
- Provide technical expertise and knowledge of the CO manufacturing process.
- Ensure achievement of the 4 Core Principles (Stewardship, Quality, Reliability, Engagement) in implementing process, product, and equipment changes for the CO projects
- Perform process design, equipment specification and calculations for project scope definition and execution to maximize production capacity, efficiency, reliability, process safety and environmental performance
- Ensure compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, laws, regulations, Company standards as they pertain to the following: Safety, Health, Environmental, Process Safety and Engineering Standards.
- Ensure process design recommendations will provide safety of personnel and maintenance of the equipment
- Identify existing process parameters for equipment design and specification. This includes monitoring and evaluating process variables, sample results and understanding changes and/or corrections to maintain optimum control, efficiency and safety of the unit and equipment.
- Collaborate with the Process Safety Program Owner and outside servicing company to facilitate process safety initiative for projects. Collect documentation for PHA validation and participate in group reviews to support project execution.
- Prioritize work in accordance with World Class Project Objectives and support team execution for process design, specification and installation.
- Develop plan to address PSI gap and best practice for engineering documentation.
- Address MOC and MOOC activities for Projects.
- Coordinate with vendors for process design of equipment modification and addition.
- Provide process information for projects to environmental engineer and outside service company for regulatory permits.
- Provide process information for projects to the managers and their team resources for Reliability Engineering, Turnaround and DCS/SIS Upgrade Projects.
- Perform inspections as process engineering representative in coordination with reliability and operations teams with recommendations for equipment repair and/or modifications.
- Coordinate with Wood technical experts for equipment design and specification. [office resources as needed for specialized equipment and project execution]
- Collaborate with Project teams for Upgrade.
- Provide weekly update of progress and needs to Project and Technical Managers.
Wood is looking for a Cybersecurity Engineer to provide Telecommunication Discipline expertise for the engineering configuration and design.
- The Telecommunication Engineer shall have the ability to design and configure in detail most of the following systems:
- Data Communications and Networking
- IPS - Intrusion Prevention Systems
- IDS - Intrusion Detection Systems
- Patch Management
- SIEM - Security Information and Event Management
- Vulnerability Scanner
- External (Outside) Plant Cable Network Design
- Structured Cable System Design
- Voice Communication Design
- Security Access Control
- Security Intrusion Detection Systems
- Knowledge of the Telecommunication Discipline with respect to Feasibility / concept studies, Front End Engineering Design (FEED) and Detail engineering within Engineering Procurement and Construction (EPC) projects in a multi-disciplined project team environment
- Working in a multi-disciplined project environment to produce deliverables on schedule, of the correct quality and technical content
- Keep up-to-date with the latest technological advancements and best practices within the Telecommunication specialization
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking an experienced Geotechnical and Materials Engineer to work within our Geotechnical department executing of a wide range of projects related to nuclear, energy, transportation, industrial/commercial, and government sectors. Position would include leadership of geotechnical and materials engineering staff, laboratory management and laboratory testing, technical execution of projects, (>$250k) related to dams, nuclear plants, transportation structures, commercial development, and government services. Role would be based in our Atlanta, Georgia office.
The successful candidate should be flexible in assignments, willing to travel periodically, and eager to learn. Technical services work areas include:
- Leadership of projects, and staff, including laboratories, with a focus on concrete, aggregate, and soils
- Coordination with clients to define work programs and budgets, including project execution, general oversight and planning, and project coordination
- Develop and enhance key client relationships and would serve as a primary company and contact on projects
- Responsibility for certain aspects of a project including execution, safety, scope development, staff management, and quality control
- Coordinate work efforts and provide review of work performed
- Manage and deliver quality projects safely, on-time, within budget and to the satisfaction of the client
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Senior Level Civil / Water Resources Engineer to join our team in Houston, TX. Candidate will be responsible for technical execution of water resources, stormwater management, and natural stream restoration projects as well the support of business development in relevant service lines for an established engineering and environmental consulting firm that seeks to expand its services in the regional market.
- Coordinate and manage water resources, wastewater, stormwater, municipalities, civil infrastructure, transmissions and distribution, utility design projects
- Assist in preparation, compilation, review and presentation of results of planning and engineering studies including specifications and bid documents
- Work on complex hydrologic, hydraulic, infrastructure and water resources designs and analyses
- Oversee and conduct a wide variety of field work in support of the hydrologic and hydraulic assessments and in the development of models
- Oversee and conduct the collection, management, evaluation and interpretation of data from the natural and built environment
- Coordinate with project management teams and other discipline leads to manage project deliverables, ensuring schedule and budget are achieve
- This individual will be involved with staff development/training/mentoring
- When required, work collaboratively with other departments, environmental regulators and Wood PLC offices on project related work
- Work with our team to identify and develop hydrologic and hydraulic business opportunities including Flood Control, Storm Water Management, Natural Stream Restoration, Wastewater Collection / Management and Sustainable Green Infrastructure
- Assist in proposal preparation including innovative technical approaches and competitive pricing. Will prepare and perform client presentations
- Participate in Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Policies, Procedures, Standards and Guidelines in the execution of all work
Wood is currently seeking a Construction Estimator to join our Heavy Civils team in Springboro, OH.
- Must understand and follow specifications and blueprints
- Review of and development of discipline and multidiscipline material takeoffs (MTO), evaluation and/or development of construction labor rates and evaluation of subcontract cost estimates and proposals
- Send requests or call notes from subcontractor and material suppliers
- Perform productivity analysis of cost estimates, prepare contingency, escalation and reconciliation for estimates
- Prepare comparisons of scope, quantities and cost data between projects
- Reviews estimates and revisions for completeness and accuracy
- Informs Estimating and Operations teams of any observed inaccuracies or omissions in quoted items or database
- Negotiate, clarify and answer questions/concerns with our Clients
- Develops and maintains resource information on vendors, subcontractors, government requirements, etc.
- Plan and attend post job reviews with Operations and Estimating team
Wood is currently recruiting for an Assistant Project Manager at our Springboro -OH location.
- Acts as resource to the owner, representatives or advisors and may serve as a point of contact for addressing project-related questions, changes in scope of work, quality concerns or project delays. Reports progress daily to customer and serves as intermediary between customer and Foremen.
- Develops strong personal and professional relationships with potential and current customers to establish long-term, ongoing relationships.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with local public service representatives and licensing bodies in order to provide timely and stable access to utilities and permits.
- Assists the Project Manager and Superintendents in pre-project task planning to determine schedules and operational phases; shares information and seeks to troubleshoot any issue in advance of effect on the project. Assists in keeping management apprised of situations creating potential delays or risk management issues.
- Participates in pre-bid and progress meetings, providing input as needed and communicating outcomes to Estimators or Project Manager.
- Attends bid openings or provides estimates to appropriate parties within deadline for submittal.
- Establishes the project framework and coding within project management software to accurate track and allocate costs; reviews coded invoices to ensure accuracy and makes changes as necessary.
- Assists in coordinating resources for the project, including scheduling of utility services, acquiring required permits, obtaining safety materials, and procuring materials and supplies.
- Provides directions, schedules, and updates to subcontractors, performs quality checks, creates punch lists, and monitors completion of project specifications.
- Monitors costs, reviewing cost analysis reports daily and communicating variances or budgetary concerns to Project Manager. Communicates updates on purchases and cost of completion to customer.
- Identifies, documents and tracks changes in scope of work and/or change orders, obtains approvals, and ensures that information needed for change orders is current and accurate.
- Manages Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP) process, develops and communicates rules/ procedures, completes inspections, maintains inspection logs, and ensures subcontractor compliance with associated regulations or operating requirements.
- Directs project document control process, ensures that appropriate parties possess all documentation necessary on a timely basis, including, but not limited to, access to safety plans, equipment check lists, submittals, close-out documents, RFI’s, test logs, and specification changes.
- Monitors project and subcontractor personnel routinely to establish presence as a resource and to ensure proper compliance with safety standards and regulations, personal protective equipment and dress requirements, building codes, preventative maintenance standards, and environmental controls. Identifies and directs correction of potential safety hazards. Assists with documentation and investigation of accidents and in collecting safety plans of action from project foremen.
- Reviews and approves invoices, codes invoices for proper entry into cost control system, and performs system entry as needed. Resolves coding errors.
- Approves personnel time entries with Foreman, questions and resolves discrepancies or variances in labor costs. Trains Foremen and field personnel on data and time entry systems.
- Assists Project Manager in the preparation of billings to customers, identifies potential complications in receiving timely payment and addresses such concerns prior to submission to customer.
- Uploads information into GPS system and collaborates with Foremen to resolve GPS issues.
- Coordinates activities with Asset Manager to ensure optimal utilization of equipment and time.
- Maintains full knowledge of equipment and tool purpose, use, and operation in order to operate equipment or provide direct application of skills to project as needed.
- Documents project progress via photographs on a regular basis and maintains photo archives of project milestones from beginning to completion.
Wood is currently recruiting for a General Superintendent for our Heavy Civils office in Springboro-OH.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have excavation and underground utilities project experience. The person must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Other duties may be assigned.
- Establishes accountabilities and performance objectives for direct reports. Conducts performance evaluations, identifies training needs, initiates professional development opportunities, and recommends effective action plans. Manages performance related issues and implements corrective action as necessary.
- Provides coaching and guidance for the Foreman and Field Staff to assist in delivering projects safe, right and fast as well as resolving interpersonal and escalated issues.
- Works in conjunction with other internal teams to coordinate resources and resolve project or jobsite related issues.
- Develops mutually beneficial relationships with customers and landowners to understand expectations and resolve any issues that arise.
- Acts as a resource to assists in resolving escalated issues with inspectors and government officials.
- Ensures all equipment checklists are completed in a timely manner and submits them to the Equipment Manager.
- Coordinates repairs and preventative maintenance of assigned equipment as needed. Identifies and coordinates on-site repair days that minimize disruptions to the production schedule.
- Oversees the execution and operational efficiency of all assigned projects to ensure safe, right and fast completion:
- Establishes and prioritizes work flow in conjunction with the project schedule and direction provided by the Project Manager. Reviews the daily schedule and assists in establishing work assignments, communicates daily activities and goals to the foreman and project team.
- Regularly communicates with project foreman and visits worksites to monitor project progression and assists in resolving job related issues to keep project on schedule and in accordance with the contract. Inspects the project site to identify changes in status, quality concerns or other potential issues; coaches the team on findings and assists in developing plans to resolve findings.
- Develops a schedule for equipment and manpower needs and rental returns to assist the Asset Manager in coordinating the proper resources for each project and keep all assigned projects on schedule; monitors the daily assets schedule to ensure proper resources are scheduled for assigned projects and works to resolve any conflicts or discrepancies as necessary. Escalates any resources issues that will affect the quality and/or completion timeframe to the Project Manager for resolution.
- Ensures Project Managers are aware of material needs to meet production requirements.
- Evaluates the feasibility for requests for changes in project scope. Works in conjunction with the project manager to process and communicate approved change orders.
- Develops subcontractor schedules to meet project timelines; oversees subcontractor performance and quality to ensure standards and requirements are met.
- Monitors project budget and ensures all project costs are accurately tracked.
Wood is currently recruiting for an Administrative Assistant to join our team in Kermit, TX. You will provide administrative support to several departments and managers.
U.S. Only: Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Provide administrative support to department and/or Manager
- General clerical, receptionist and project based work.
- Project a professional company image through in-person and phone interaction
- Answer and transfer telephones and direct calls to the appropriate staff member
- Perform general clerical duties: photocopying, faxing mailing, and filing
- Maintain hard copy and electronic filing systems
- Create and modify documents using Microsoft Office.
- Sign for and distribute mail and packages
- Research and price office furniture and supplies
- Setup and coordinate meetings and conferences
- Setup accommodation and entertainment arrangements for company visitors
- Maintain and distribute staff weekly schedules
- Monitor and optimizing costs within area of control
- Operate a company-provided vehicle to perform job duties in a safe manner
- Adhere to all Safety, Environmental, and company policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Key accountabilities in order of priority and with ideal time allocations are:
Drive operations to deliver projects safe, right and fast.
Serve as a leader to build and develop a strong team to support and sustain profitable growth and provide opportunities for personal and professional growth for our team.
Build and maintain strong relationships with customers and vendors to increase profitable and sustainable growth.
Accurately project cost to complete based on intimate job knowledge and experience to eliminate financial surprises, effectively manage the project and provide accurate costing feedback to estimating.
Offer our customers new and innovative solutions to ensure quality, reduce risk and provide the lowest total cost to our customers.
Manage Subcontractors and Vendors to surpass customer expectations, minimize risk and lower cost.
Oversee administrative deliverables to minimize risk and allow for timely and accurate decisions.
Note: Twenty percent of time is reserved for ancillary responsibilities, interruptions and unplanned activities.
- Act as company liaison to the owner, their representatives or advisors and is the first point of contact for all addressing all project-related questions, clarifying and resolving project design issues, changes in scope of work, quality concerns or project delays.
- Develops strong personal and professional relationships with potential and current customers to establish long-term, ongoing relationships.
- Builds productive relationships within the community to minimize project obstacles or issues; proactively communicates project requirements and/or changes to residents and works to resolve any conflicts.
- Continuously evaluates the current talent base and overall bench strength of project team members. Reviews knowledge and skills gaps of direct reports and field staff, assists in identifying appropriate training and development opportunities.
- Monitors project team performance, conducts performance evaluations, coordinates vacations/absences, provides performance related feedback to the General Manager, VP of Operations and the Resource Manager and participates in disciplinary actions as necessary.
- Networks within the region and industry to identify and create a subcontractor pool to meet the organization’s needs and identify new business opportunities.
- Reads and interprets established scope of work, plans and specifications to ensure complete understanding of all project requirements. Develops project plans, phases and schedules; communicates plan and schedule changes, alternate work assignments, changes orders and scope revisions to the project team.
- Coordinates all required project resources to ensure timely completion; identifies and communicates the skills required for the project assist the Resource Manager in aligning proper talent. Coordinates temporary living quarters, per-diem and travel for employee’s assigned to project.
- Ensures project site offices are set-up and properly stocked.
- Coordinates subcontractors for assigned projects, clarifies scope of work and schedules for each project. Monitors subcontractor performance and quality.
- Oversees the execution and operational efficiency of all assigned projects to ensure safe, right and fast completion:
- Clearly defines and communicates scope of authority to project Superintendent and Foreman to ensure the project’s operational efficiency. Assists in scheduling daily activities, forecasting needs, troubleshooting project issues or conflicting project requirements.
- Regularly visits worksites to monitor project progression and maintain appropriate administrative control and on-site representation to ensure the project is completed on schedule, within budget, and in accordance with the contract. Inspects the project site to identify changes in status, quality concerns or other potential issues; coaches the team on findings and assists in developing plans to resolve findings.
- Schedules surveyors as necessary.
- Review the project’s weekly risk audit and assists in identifying and resolving any identified issues.
- Monitors risks and work with the appropriate teams to mitigate current and potential risks; ensures subcontractor performance and compliance.
- Ensures job specific compliance and safety requirements are met.
- Identifies opportunities for quoting or expanding the scope of work within projects.
- Works in conjunction with the accounting department to understand and track the true cost of each project.
- Performs value engineering process ideation; evaluates material concepts and alternate methods of construction for cost efficiency and quality.
- Assists Estimators in accurately quoting projects by providing vendor information and pricing, acting as a technical expert to clearly communicate project scope, schedules and budgets; ensures estimating team is regularly updated on cost to completes and any change order pricing. Escalates reoccurring issues for resolution.
- Assists with business development activities by identifying opportunities and participates in new customer meetings to act as technical expert and understand customer expectations.
- Ensures enforcement of all job site procedures and safety policies by the project Superintendent or General Foreman.
- Coordinates employee on-boarding and off-boarding to ensure Human Resources has all necessary documentation.
- Assists Human Resources in coordinating information to properly handle employee related matters.
- Negotiates and issues subcontracts and purchase orders within limits of authority; ensures the accounting department understands any terms that deviate from the standard.
- Reviews and approves payment of subcontractors and suppliers invoices.
- Works in conjunction with Controller to ensure all required licenses, insurances and state specific requirements are in place prior to beginning each project.
Wood Environment and Infrastructure Solutions, Inc. (Wood) is currently seeking a Construction Manager/Site Superintendent to support our Program/Construction Management (PM/CM) Practice. This full-time position will require being onsite for a project located in Omaha, NE. Potential for similar assignments in the future with Wood, especially for those willing to travel.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
This full-time Construction Manager/Site Superintendent position will work closely with the Wood project team executing a construction project for the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA). The project includes building renovations to include electrical, mechanical, interior finishes, and fire protection.
Responsibilities include: daily onsite supervision of construction subcontractors, proactive management of safety/quality/change/risk, leading progress meetings with project stakeholders, verifying contractor cost/schedule/progress, tracking and closure of RFI’s/submittals, verification of contractor testing, and project closeout and as-built documentation.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Construction Materials Testing Supervisor with extensive experience in the Transportation and Commercial Market for Jacksonville, Florida.
- Lead and supervise the materials field testing services business in our Jacksonville office, with responsibility for managing the day to day operations of the field testing organization
- Perform business development efforts to assist in proposal preparation
- Schedule and coordinate field engineering technicians and inspectors
- Compile, review and approve field reports; Must have sound knowledge of laboratory and field testing procedures / standards as well as daily inspection reports
- Review technician timesheets and daily reports for completeness and accuracy
- Manage the organization’s vehicle fleet
- Oversee safety and radiation safety of field operations
- Controlling labor utilization at peak levels and equipment functionality, maintenance, calibrations, and cleanliness
- Be responsible for implementing the project in accordance with project specifications and contract documents
- Serve as a primary interface with project site representatives
- Utilize sound judgment and experience to make decisions as required
- Supervise and manage technicians for hiring / retainage / training / growth potential
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc. is recruiting for Construction Inspectors to inspect and document project related construction activities for conformance to project plans. Candidate may also perform duties as office engineer that may include coordination of other inspection personnel and review of their documentation, and coordination of activities on behalf of client personnel. This position is imminent and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately.
The qualified candidate(s) will work at various client construction project sites in the Los Angeles and Orange county areas inspecting and assessing construction activities, office engineer responsibilities and supplementing client staff as necessary
Primary locations may include LAX and the Port of Long Beach
Must be able to submit professional reports to clients and must have the ability to meet deadlines.
Shifts may be standard daytime or off standard shifts such as swing and graveyard
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions currently has a career opportunity available for a Project Manager – Water / Wastewater Engineer.
Are you an Engineer with 8+ years of experience? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established environmental consulting firm on technically complex projects and with opportunities for personal and professional growth? Are you looking for a firm that values its employee’s enthusiasm and technical contributions? We are growing and have a career opportunity for a Senior Water / Wastewater Engineer to join our dynamic team. Houston, Texas is preferred location but other locations possible for candidates with right experience and capabilities.
- Develop high quality, safety focused, leading edge sustainable engineering solutions to our industrial clients for consulting, design and construction services focused around industrial water / stormwater / wastewater evaluation & process design, facilities planning, engineering, permitting & compliance, construction, operations and general civil / industrial engineering services
- Contribute to client business development activities in a doer / seller format, including client development, SOW and proposal preparation and client - centric presentations
- Contribute to staff development consisting of individuals with 0 - 8 years’ experience and provide quality review, quality assurance and mentoring
- Execute project performance and budget monitoring & reporting (internally and externally)
- Serve as an effective interface between client's project team and consulting team, conveying technical, schedule and financial information in a timely and professional manner
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions currently has a full-time career opportunity for an experienced, resourceful and dedicated individual to join our worldwide A/E/C firm as a Marketing Coordinator in our Lakeland, Florida office. A self-directed individual, who enjoys working in a dynamic environment, and is able to work collaboratively with several departments on a variety of marketing materials will thrive in this environment.
This individual will be responsible for:
- Proposal development
- Proposal production
- Copy writing/editing
- Collateral creation and production
- Graphic design
- General marketing support through various administrative tasks
Wood is currently recruiting for a Proposal Resources Coordinator for the Bids & Proposals team located in Houston, Texas.
Success criteria include:
- Ensure the maintenance and useability of data used by the proposals community and business development
- Grow the amount of material available for the ASA business unit and Wood through KnowledgeHub
- Quick and timely response to inquiries received through KnowledgeHub to support proposal and business development activities globally
Summary of responsibilities include:
The individual in this position will work in the Bids & Proposals Group as part of the Proposal Resources Team on the coordination and updating of key proposal resources such as Project Profiles, presentations, KnowledgeHub, Experience Database (EDB) and Resume Database (RDB). Note the following:
- KnowledgeHub is a company-wide tool containing boilerplate-type information needed for proposals and other client submittals.
- The EDB is a compendium of Wood project information, used to create experience lists and project profile summaries for varied business development purposes, including proposals.
- The RDB is a collection of resumes utilized for business development and proposal purposes.
Additional responsibilities for this position include assisting with and/or leading the following efforts:
- Develop executive summaries for proposals
- Develop standard boilerplate materials for future proposal use
- Maintain/archive previous proposal responses used as a resource for future proposals
- Develop, maintain and own the content for Wood’s ASA business unit in the Knowledge Hub
- Update and ensure the accuracy and completeness of these resources
- Prepare, print and deliver proposals (if needed)
***Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship is required***
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc. (Wood) is seeking a Senior Water / Wastewater Engineer to manage water utilities and general civil engineering projects in the Lakeland, Tampa, or Orlando, FL office. Wood is a multi-disciplined engineering, environmental, and construction services consulting firm.
Wood is routinely awarded contracts on a regional and national level for the government, commercial, industrial, transportation, water, energy, and mining sectors.
- Responsible for managing tasks or coordinating projects of moderate size and complexity, makes decisions independently, received supervision and guidance largely on overall objectives and results
- Maintains effective client relations
- Prepares and conducts technical review of staff, reports, correspondence, calculations, and prepares technical recommendations
- Produces non-routine plans, reports, and specifications
- Identifies and defines scope, technique, price, and schedule
- Prepares, directs, and reviews cost estimates
- Recognizes and initiates business development opportunities
- Prepares proposal with limited supervision and assists in preparation of large-scale proposals
Wood is currently seeking a Facility Operations and Maintenance Manager to join our team. The successful candidate will oversee day-to-day facility operations and maintenance of buildings that require a combination of dedicated in-house staff and subcontractor-based servicing approaches. This position requires practical skill and knowledge in skilled trade’s areas including: electrical, structural, security access and monitoring, and animal laboratory systems and equipment. Position serves as one of three main line managers, serving as back-up to the overall Project Manager during their absence.
- Ensures federal, state, local and corporate policy and regulatory compliance
- Manages and oversees facility specific operations and maintenance processes and procedures overseeing day-to-day performance of various on-site work crews
- Coordinates with client to ensure acceptable level of impact to production while performing maintenance and construction activities
- Acts as primary customer contact to review schedules and cost and technical performance.
- Plans, organizes and controls functions and activities of space planning, renovations, and new construction projects
- Plans, coordinates and monitors the renovation and modification of existing facilities, or construction and development of new physical facilities
- Develops and implements facility specific operations and maintenance processes as required
- Evaluates schedules to deconflict work assignments where there are task and resource conflicts
- Responsible for the cost, schedule, and technical performance for the facility under the manager’s control including responding to urgent and emergency situations
- Monitors facility and services metrics, identifying and evaluating emerging issues, and making recommendations to ensure performance to standards are achieved
- Identifies the need for vendors and subcontractors and coordinates requirements
- Establishes an inventory strategy that ensures adequate supplies are available to support routine preventive maintenance including long lead items
- Provides direction, development, and coaching to employees
- Supports the preparation of proposals in response to site-specific RFPs; operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
- Able to enforce company policy on progressive discipline
- Serves as liaison with contractors, architects, engineers, regulatory agencies, material and equipment suppliers, and other parties as required
- Ensures employees are current in skill and regulatory training
Wood is currently sourcing Field Operators to join our team in Kermit, Texas. You will be responsible for operation and normal upkeep and maintenance of the equipment that gathers, conditions, measures and handles gas, oil, and production water.
U.S. Only: Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Perform troubleshooting, repairs, inspections, and replacement of equipment as necessary.
- Assist in maintaining activity logs and status reports including safety/environmental incident reporting.
- Participate in / insure daily communication between operators, supervisor, Marketing and Commercial development.
- Write, review, and oversee assigned work permits associated with construction or maintenance in operating areas.
- Become qualified / maintain qualification in assigned DOT pipeline and control room competencies.
- Crosstrain throughout asset area and participate in hands-on training in field operations.
- Comply with all applicable company procedures and policies as well as state, and federal safety and environmental regulations.
- Be able to operate independently or from the Operations Control Center by monitoring field volumes, rates, levels and alarms, to directly make adjustments or provide guidance to field personnel.
- Be an active participant our Health Safety and Environmental culture.
- Accomplish job responsibilities/duties in accordance with Core Values.
- Perform various other duties as assigned.