Wood is currently recruiting for a Systems Reliability Engineer for the Pasadena, TX area.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
The Systems Reliability Engineer is responsible and accountable for the equipment availability and reliability at the facility. The intent of this role is to analyze system and equipment performance and functional failures in order to take action to influence Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) and prevent any PSM incidents.
The position focuses on using the best fit and up to date asset management strategies, which include but are not limited to FMEA, RCM, RCAs, Criticality Assessment, PM management strategies and predictive/preventative inspection technology. The position also holds influence on the various standards committees and will work within engineering, construction, maintenance and operations teams to represent and further improve reliability at the facility.
The roles strategic focus is to ensure execution of valuable reliability improvement recommendations. This role has resource empowerment and project management capability in order to implement said recommendations. This role also must focus on customer service, providing a channel through which operations can present reliability concerns. The position is a technical resource as well.
Essential Job Functions
- Take a visible role in HSES and Safety Leadership. This includes activities such as attendance and participation at the weekly safety meeting. Periodic job site and shop safety walkthroughs, contacts and participation in the STEP program. Incident investigation as required.
- Supporting the facilities Strategic Business Objectives:
- Demonstrate continuous improvement of equipment and system reliability by applying the appropriate Reliability Centered Maintenance Strategies, measured by MTBF, OEE & Mechanical Availability
- Establish, manage and evaluate the effectiveness of various proactive maintenance programs; Automated alarms, utilization of Asset Management System (AMS), condition point monitoring, primarily focused on IEC value.
- Support IEC quality maintenance through predictive and preventative maintenance program effectiveness and technician aptitude.
- Perform predictive performance analysis for currently operating production systems and units and establish Reliability in Design criteria to be met as a requirement of FEL design review.
- Serve as a Reliability Team Leader & Coordinator by establishing various cross functional teams, facilitate reliability reviews and lead the teams to effective actionable solutions. This may also include periodic report outs and management team updates – as requested.
- Practical applicationof Reliability Philosophies, Best Practices and Metrics, with the intent to improve overall asset LCC and production availability.
- In addition to a detailed knowledge of reliability philosophies, this role is expected to serve as an Advisor with additional Technical Expertise, preferred disciplines include electrical, distributive control systems, instrumentation, mechanical integrity and chemical unit processing.
- The role must recognize and support the needs of the customer through a Customer Focused behavior and mindset. The function of the maintenance and reliability departments is to ensure a safe and reliable facility is capable of producing chemical products on time and in specification for our external customers. Internally our customers are the operations division and a broad understanding of their needs is essential.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Facility Assessor with detailed knowledge and experience in either mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, interior, exterior, or roofing systems to conduct Facility Condition Assessment projects.
The position may be located in Virginia Beach, Virginia or in Durham, North Carolina; however, the work will require travel outside of the local area.
- Performing assessments of client facilities using professional expertise and judgment to determine physical condition with specifications and building codes
- Ability to understand a project work plan and execute based on a client’s requirements
- Ability to use tablet-based computer systems to identify and document building equipment and components, and provide justification for determination of the physical condition
- Work with or without direct supervision in accordance with instructions and standard practices
- Ability to assess multiple buildings within large complexes on a daily basis identifying major components and sub-components as well as supporting systems
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Senior Estimator to support the Capital Projects Group (CPG) that performs large remediation construction projects for multiple business sectors. This position will provide estimating, scheduling support, and bid solicitation support for government and commercial opportunities. The position will report to the Estimating Manager for CPG.
Philadelphia, PA; Blue Bell, PA; Alpharetta, GA; Kennesaw, GA; Chantilly, VA; or Tampa, FL
Primary duties will be receiving request for proposals and performing multiple functions to deliver a cost estimate that complies with internal and external procedures. The role and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Receive, review, and segregate request for proposal into biddable sections internally or externally
- Generate scope responsibility matrix that defines who is performing what on the project
- Using OST, perform quantity take-offs and perform other calculations to arrive at biddable quantities
- Using Excel, RSmeans, and/or Sage Sequel Estimating software; perform estimating function to arrive at estimate within accuracy requirements for that level of estimate
- Using various databases, determine crew and production levels to support estimate
- Assist with subcontractor list generation, writing statements of work, solicitation, and bid analysis
- Maintain record of all correspondence and costs associated with estimate
- Assist Project Controls Specialist with schedule setup and durations
- After contract award, work with PM to transition project from opportunity to execution
- During project execution, support PM on change order and estimates to complete the project
Wood is currently recruiting for a Dispute Resolution Manager with experience in the dispute resolution program management.
The Dispute Resolution Manager - dispute resolution program (DRP) is responsible for providing neutral and confidential assistance to employees in order to resolve conflicts. The role will serve as a source of support and information, and acts as a liaison between conflicting parties. The DRP provides employees and the company with opportunities to resolve disagreements with they first arise as well as safeguarding the legal rights of employees and guard against retaliation, with the flexibility to address the interests of each party.
This role will serve as a key advisor and subject matter expert on employee relations matters to provide guidance to all levels of a matrixed organization; resolving highly complex issues in creative and effective ways. Proactively assesses risk and advises management on best practices and procedures. Responsible for guiding employee relations decisions that have a significant effect to the organizational operations.
Provides consultation and resolution of employee relation issues that promote fair treatment and the consistent application of organizational policies and applicable federal/state laws. They will be responsible for mediating between two parties and acts as an intermediary. This role will be responsible for overseeing the dispute resolution process; including oversight of investigations, resolutions of complaints, employee education, and recommend appropriate strategies in order to resolve any conflicts between parties involved.
- Overseeing investigations, complaint resolution, offering support, solutions and alternatives in order to resolve workplace conflicts
- Directs business partners and leaders in management of grievances and complaint resolution processes, as well as hearings, arbitrations and unfair practice charge matters
- Analyzes problems and recommends solutions to personnel policies and procedures. Applies subject matter expertise to resolve questions, concerns and informal complaints for a large, complex employee population in a creative and effective way
- Coordinates with general counsel and external counsel to respond to employment litigation and pre-litigation matters. Assist counsel with all phases of litigation coordination
- Identifying problem and pattern areas and providing recommendations in order to manage certain areas that require improvement
- Coaching and influencing leaders
- Educating and facilitating employee relations training for P&O and business leaders
- Ensures timely response to requests for information
- Responsible for timely and accurate reporting of program metrics, analyses, and recommendations
- Responsible for P&O policy application, ensuring compliance with relevant group standards, regulatory requirements and operating procedures
- Lead by personal example and encourage all employees to conduct their activities in accordance with all applicable laws and company’s standards and policies
- Internal: P&O business partners, leadership teams, all employees and leaders
- External: Vendors; local working groups/industry bodies
Level of Influence & Decision Making Authority:
- This role operates with a high degree of independence in their area of responsibility ensuring advice and support is in line with the agreed policies, principles and practices as determined by Company and as constrained by legislative requirements. A key influencing role, with decisions/recommendations that may have a significant impact on Company or business
Wood seeks a Field Engineer for our solar/wind/renewables group. This is an excellent opportunity for new or recent graduates who want field engineering experience.This is a full-time permanent position that is located in our corporate Tucker, GA (Atlanta office) and to be assigned to field projects across the US for extended periods of time.
Wood seeks a dedicated Project Manager, responsible for the successful delivery of small and medium size projects predominantly (mining, shale, oil & gas) in Construction-phase project management as well. The role will involve project management tasks across a variety of projects and sectors at any one time, providing direction to the project team and supporting Project Directors.
The position will provide an interesting and varied workload drawing upon your technical, organisational and communication skills and will require a methodical approach to planning and managing projects. As a consultancy our main asset is our people and so it is essential that you have excellent verbal and written communication skills to maximise both internal and external work opportunities.
Duties may include:
- planning what work needs to be done, when and who’s going to do it
- assessing the risks involved in a particular project and managing these risks
- making sure the work is done to the right standard
- motivating the team of people involved in the project
- co-ordinating work done by different people
- making sure the project is running on time and to budget
- dealing with changes to the project as and when necessary
- making sure the project delivers the expected outcomes and benefits
- accurate estimating and forecasting, including Earned Value Analysis
- writing project management documentation such as Project Execution Plans, Quality Plans, Health and Safety Plans, Stakeholder Management Plans; and effectively implementing these
- liaising with the customer and stakeholders
- contract administration and interfacing with the legal team
- supporting bid teams and developing elements of bid submissions
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking an entry-level professional with a degree in civil engineering to support a growing Civil Engineering team. The ideal candidate is an energetic, self-motivated professional with a basic understanding of engineering principles related to water resources, geotechnical engineering, and civil design.
The ideal candidate will be an integral part of Wood’s Civil Engineering team and will work with and be mentored by our civil design, water resources, and solid waste professional engineers. Engineering efforts include preparing design calculations, developing computer models using industry-specific software programs, preparing plans & specifications, and preparing reports.
- Performing calculations related to civil, water resources, and solid waste design
- Building spreadsheets and computer models for various design elements
- Assisting with preparing permit applications and construction documents
- Under direct supervision, interact with clients
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is hiring an Environmental Technician to support environmental projects managed out of our St. Louis, Missouri office. The successful candidate will have experience in soil sampling, be able to update and maintain field documentation, and have a good work ethic. This role will primarily consist of collecting soil and groundwater samples.
Duties and Responsibilities
This position will support environmental projects with the following responsibilities:
- Soil and/or groundwater-sampling duties at various project locations
- Maintenance of equipment calibration logs
- Documentation of field activities for specific tasks performed for each project
- Tasks may include general labor and construction activities
- Use of Geographical Positioning Systems (GPS) for collection of environmental data
- Adherence to all Health & Safety Standards in all field-related activities
Wood is currently seeking a dynamic, experienced Executive Assistant to support the Longmont/ Loveland -CO based Senior Vice President and Vice President for Pipelines Group. This is a full-time position.
This position will support executive in staff capacity by handling a wide variety of situations involving the administrative functions of the office that cannot be brought to the attention of the executive.
Advises individuals inside and outside the organization on the executive views on major policies or current issues facing the organization. Contacts or replies to contacts from high ranking individuals who may be from large national or international firms and may involve unique situations, and each contact must be handled differently, using judgment and discretion.
- Providing administrative support to SVP and VP
- Organizes and arranges for staff members to represent organization at meetings and conferences, using own initiative.
- Notes commitments made by executives during meetings and arranges for staff implementation.
- Reads outgoing correspondence for executive approval and alerts writers to any conflicts or departure from policies or executive's viewpoints.
- In executive's absence, ensures that requests for action or information are relayed to the appropriate staff member.
- Interprets requests, helps implement action, and decides whether executive should be notified of important or emergency matters as needed.
- Analyzes unit operating practices, such as record keeping systems, forms control, office layout, suggestion systems, personnel and budgetary requirements, and performance standards to create new systems or revise established procedures.
- Prepares reports including conclusions and recommendations for solution of operational and administrative problems. Issues and interprets operating policies.
- Coordinates collection and preparation of operating reports, such as budget expenditures, and statistical records of performance data.
- May compose and sign correspondence for executive. May serve as the executive's representative at meetings and express the executive's viewpoints at such meetings.
Wood is currently seeking a Business Development Manager - Pipelines, based in our Canonsburg, PA office. Reporting to the Vice President of Pipeline Construction, this exciting leadership opportunity has overall responsibility for maintaining strategic relationships with new and existing customers and identifying business opportunities for our Pipelines group. The Business Development Manager has the capacity to support and work with other Wood service lines.
- Directing efforts and activities aimed at establishing, maintaining and strengthening relationships with customers
- Implementing business development and marketing strategies aligned with the Process & Energy business
- Identifying business opportunities for Wood and establishing and leading proposal win strategies
- Supporting proposal/bid development, including proposal pricing/content and marketing materials
- Supporting research activities to identify emerging market opportunities and monitoring competitor activities
- Representing Wood within trade organizations and at regional industry events
Wood has a long tradition delivering Transmission and Design projects globally to a wide and established client base. Due to recent growth we are expanding our resources through the South East of America to provide enhanced local support to our customers.
Wood currently have an exciting opportunity for a Distribution Designer. Reporting to the Distribution Lead Engineer, this position can be located in our Orlando or West Palm Beach, FL, offices. If you are looking to strengthen and enhance your skills, thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment and are looking for that next step in the growth of your career, this is the opportunity for you.
- Supporting engineering of distribution electrical projects through the entire project lifecycle: from conceptual and feasibility, though detailed design, and into construction and into service
- Supporting overhead and underground distribution engineering projects by clearly defining scopes of work, completing cost estimates, performing engineering calculations, and developing detailed design drawings
- Supporting documentation processed for projects including technical specifications, tender documents, technical reports and project calculations
- Providing construction support and responding to information requests during construction and completing project documentation including as-builts, calculations and return of data to the client
- Traveling and visiting project sites during design and construction
Wood is currently seeking a ProjectHealth, Safety, Security & Environmental (HSSE) Manager for a project assignment in locations yet to be determined
The position of Project HSSE Manager reports directly to the Project Manager and indirectly to the Area HSSE Manager for the Wood Process & Energy Construction Group. The position calls for candidates with passion and drive. This is a senior level role that requires a high level of commitment and dedication to the Safety, Health, Environment, Security and wellbeing of large work force on a major construction project. The ideal candidate will have education, training, and experience in the fields of occupational safety and health commensurate with the desired position. 10 plus years on similar roles five which must be in HSSE leadership. This includes experience with behavior based programs and concepts, training, injury case management, program development, personnel management, leadership development, site management, supervisor engagement, client interaction, management counsel, injury care, and other HSSE experience that may not be listed here.
Key Aims & Objectives
- To actively seek and correct the gaps between good safety performance and great safety performance
- Positively influence all stakeholders by action, belief and conviction in the human system of safety management
- Improve performance by setting an example of no compromise safety excellence
Prime Responsibilities & Duties
- Provide technical and behavioral leadership and guidance to the assigned Project
- Review existing policies and procedures, making recommendations for improvement
- Assist in the development of new HSSE policies and procedures to meet Project and overall Wood needs
- Lead and support development and implementation of HSSE management systems that support the Project needs. These can include site-specific plans and programs
- Utilize Wood audit protocols for all PPA location
- Lead or participate in investigation of incidents and prepare incident report(s)
- Regularly communicate the status of the Project’s HSSE culture and performance with Project and Corporate Management
- Assist in the planning, recognition, evaluation, and mediation of risk for the Project
- Provide oversight for contractors and subcontractors as necessary to ensure compliance with Wood policy and procedure
- Maintain expert knowledge and assure compliance with all applicable legislative, client, and Wood requirements for the Project
- Facilitate and/or conduct HSSE training for the project as needed, and assure training is tracked internally as required
- Participant in various leadership initiatives currently established in PPA
- Communicate effectively and regularly with Wood employees, supervision, and management
- Provide injury management and care for employees, and provide timely and accurate reporting with internal and external support (including, but not limited to; claims processing, return to work, light duty assignment closure of claims and resolving discrepancies as needed)
- Compile and share safety lessons learned across Wood
Wood is currently recruiting for an experienced Lead Mechanical Engineer extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
- Assurance that personnel within the Instrument group are competent, identify inadequacies in personnel and proposing solutions such as training, coaching or replacement and that the correct competent personnel are matched to the task at hand
- Responsibility for the integration of the electrical design into the overall project work-scope, and ensuring that Commissioning, Maintenance and Operational requirements are included within the design
- Maintain the required technical quality of work produced by discipline assigned staff
- Ensure that the work output of discipline assigned staff complies with the relevant procedures
- Provide technical assistance to discipline staff as required
- Responsible for input to project plans and schedules, achievement of agreed schedule, during the course of any project or study or early identification of project areas of concern with necessary corrective action identified
- Keep up-to-date with technical developments, state, national and international standards and legislative requirements related to the scope of the discipline
- Assist in developing the knowledge and skills of the discipline assigned staff, including assisting in the training and technical development of engineers
- Be aware and understand the business drivers within the Client organization and how these can be influenced by innovated designs and minimum cost solutions
- Approval of all engineering documents created by the Instrument team (inclusive of PE responsibilities)
- Review work/work output of discipline assigned staff as required
- Prepare estimates and assist in the review of proposed schedules
- Ensure that results of any development work are fully utilized in discipline activities
- Provide technical assistance to other disciplines as required
- Providing documentation and drawing deliverables for inclusion in workpacks and, or design books on time to meet project deadlines
- Ensuring documentation is technically correct and all relevant engineering management system processes are applied to each scope
- Taking part and contributing to construction risk assessments and construction method statements (where required)
- Responsible as a key member of any Project team for achieving the Project target and completion of the Project within the budget and schedule
- Preparation of engineering scope for both staff hours and equipment estimates (where necessary)
- Responsible for assessing and identifying deviations to standards, that will benefit Wood & Client, and gaining acceptance of Client Technical Authorities
- Participate as necessary in discussions with Clients and visit job sites as required
- Assist the Lead Discipline Engineer when requested in the execution of their responsibilities and duties
- Progress of the works under their control and the achievement of targets and responsible for reporting progress as per company systems and procedures
- Producing engineering deliverables registers and controlling the works against those registers
- Supervision of Mechanical staff under their control and responsibility for the technical quality of work produced by them
- Be conversant and knowledgeable with respect to current and new legislation and standards e.g., BS, API, ASME and Client codes and standards, Federal, State & OSHA Regulations
- Identification of appropriate resources for engineering works and forward planning of resources, taking into account cross site requirements
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc. (Wood) is seeking a Water Resources/Drainage Engineer to join our Transportation Group in Chicago, IL. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and able to work on projects involving multidisciplinary teams. The position is in support of project assignments related to drainage engineering, stormwater management, and surface water modeling for transportation/traffic, site development, and water/wastewater infrastructure.
- Work on simple and complex hydrologic, hydraulic, infrastructure and water resources designs and analyses
- Oversee and conduct the collection, management, evaluation and interpretation of data from the natural and built environment
- Design, develop, calibrate, apply and document hydrologic and hydraulic models to analyze river systems, storm water systems, wastewater systems, dams, levees, bridges and culverts primarily for transportation projects
- Prepare technical reports that summarize analyses and recommendations
- Prepare design documents and construction drawings for civil engineering projects
- Coordinate and manage water resources, utility design and/or storm water management projects
- Work collaboratively with other Wood offices, clients, environmental regulators on project related work
- Work with our team to identify and develop hydrologic and hydraulic business opportunities including Flood Control, Storm Water Management, Natural Stream Restoration, Wastewater Collection / Management and Sustainable Green Infrastructure
- Coordinate with project management teams and other discipline leads to manage project deliverables, ensuring schedule and budget are achieve
- Assist in proposal preparation including innovative technical approaches and competitive pricing
- Prepare and perform client presentations
- Follow Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Policies, Procedures, Standards and Guidelines in the execution of all work
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Civil/Geotechnical Engineering Manager to join our team in Las Cruces, New Mexico. The successful candidate will manage engineering operations and projects in Las Cruces and Southern New Mexico.
Successfully manage engineering services for the Las Cruces Office. Position will include execution of project-related work, as well as business management and development responsibilities. Project-related responsibilities will include project management, senior review, and quality assurance of work products developed by the technical staff. It will be essential to interact routinely and openly with technical and managerial staff.
- Will provide civil/geotechnical engineering and project management, and be responsible for technical and management deliverables
- Technical management and direction of site investigations and preparing technical reports
- Managing and coordinating project teams, including ensuring the technical quality of deliverables
- Capable of functioning independently on project and office-specific issues
- Actively involved in marketing and business development for the Las Cruces and Southern New Mexico Market. Participates in local professional organizations
Wood Environment and Infrastructure Solutions, Inc. is currently seeking a Geotechnical Engineering Intern (EI) or Engineer in Training (EIT) to join our team in Albuquerque or Las Cruces, NM. The successful candidate will be involved in a variety of geotechnical engineering projects for federal agencies, NMDOT, cities and municipalities throughout New Mexico, and private sector clients. Projects generally include subsurface explorations, foundation engineering, pavement design, site characterization, slope stability, natural hazards assessment, and geotechnical construction observation and testing.
- Performing outdoor, all-season, on-site geotechnical field tasks such as fill construction, foundation installation observation and testing, subsurface explorations, and construction monitoring
- Conducting subsurface geotechnical investigations in connection with building, infrastructure and other development projects
- Providing field engineering consultation and analysis of subsurface data and construction conditions
- Writing drafts of field and engineering reports
- Providing geotechnical monitoring and using instrumentation to record vibrations, settlements, slope movements, water levels, and other critical engineering data
- Reducing and summarizing engineering data for inclusion in reports for clients, preparing plans
- Documenting and preparing reports on the geotechnical aspects of construction projects
- Performing geotechnical computer modeling and analysis of deep and shallow foundation settlements, lateral pile analyses, slope stability, pavement design
- Familiarity with standard geotechnical software programs including but not limited to Lpile, GSTABL, Slide, SlopeW, Driven, Settle3D, GROUP, SHAFT, Gint, AllPile, and GRLWEAP, or related software programs, a plus but not required
- Collaboration and participation in technical discussions with team members
- Will travel to project sites mostly in New Mexico - Approximately 10% overnight travel
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions has a career opportunity for a Certified Health Physicist to lead the Radiological Engineering group to support our expanding D&D operations in the US and internationally. The Lead Radiological Engineer (CHP) will be part of the operational team which includes Radiation Protection, Technology Deployment and Project Delivery to support decommissioning and other radiological work at reactors, government, and commercial sites. Additionally, they will work with the Advanced Technology Group to provide health physics support and consultation as part of ongoing technology development.
- Provide technical radiological expertise to customers, (both internal and external) with a focus on decontamination and decommissioning work
- Development and implementation of Decommissioning Plans, Radiological Characterization Plans, Radiological Work Plans and other D&D implementation documents
- Radiological dose assessments, and development of ALARA programs to reduce doses
- Design and implementation of MARSSIM Final Status Survey Plans
- Developing Quality Assurance Project Plans, following the DQO’s process
- Work with the Advanced Technology Group, by providing health physics expertise to support the development of new technology
- Work with Customers and Stakeholders to develop Site Specific DCGL’s and clean up goals
- May supervise one or more technical personnel implementing D&D projects
- Effectively communicate with customers, regulators, field technicians, and project management personnel
- Liaise with Project Delivery, Radiation Protection, and Technology Deployment Section staff to ensure that radiological D&D projects are properly executed
- Based in Grand Junction CO and will travel to project sites in the US and internationally - Approximately 30% overnight travel
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Mid - Level Geotechnical Engineer needed to join our Phoenix, AZ team. The successful candidate will provide geotechnical engineering and task management / coordination and be responsible for delivering geotechnical and geologic projects to Wood’s public and private sector clients. Projects generally include transportation, mining, site characterization, flood control, dams, levees, pavements, and other civil works projects.
- Will provide geotechnical engineering and task management and be responsible for delivering geotechnical and geologic projects to Wood’s Project Managers
- Technical management and direction of site investigations and preparing technical reports
- Geotechnical engineering analyses of slope stability, seepage analysis and LRFD foundation design
- Project and budget management including resource management and oversight
- Coordinating project teams, including ensuring the technical quality of deliverables
- Collaboration and participation in technical discussions with team members
- Participate in proposal efforts
We are currently recruiting for a Flow Assurance Software & Application Developerto be located at our Wood office in Houston, Texas.
The Wood Intelligent Operation’s Flow Assurance team specializes in Flow Assurance Consulting Services, deploying real-time monitoring applications and providing Operator Training Simulators for the Oil and Gas industry. We pride ourselves on solving real-world problems for our clients by providing consulting services and software applications across the globe on major world-class projects. Our team creates and maintains software that helps our clients solve flow assurance related problems, with both offline simulation and real-time simulation and surveillance solutions.
At this time, we will only consider applications from citizens of the United States or those with the required permit/visa for this region, in place.
The job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Using software development and programming skills, participate in the design, development and implementation of our software solutions by adding functionality, enhancing performance, improving the user interface for a better user experience
- Communicate with internal and external clients and users to understand the software requirements and clearly report progress updates
- Maintain and troubleshoot existing codebases and technologies for continuous improvements
- Work with internal and external IT teams to troubleshoot issues and also effectively design our software solutions
- Travel, both domestically and internationally, to client sites to perform installations, testing, training and for gathering requirements from internal and external users. Travel could be up to 15%
Wood is currently recruiting for a Proposals Lead based in our Houston, TX office.
**US Only- Authorization to work permanently in the US without sponsorship required.
Success criteria includes:
- Increased win rates within the respective businesses
- Manage coordinators including the coordination of workload, quality of output, ensuring expectations and goals are clear and team is supported.
- Ensure the business is properly supported
- Ensure quality of bids
Summary of Responsibilities include:
- Supervise proposal coordinators
- Address workload issues for the coordinators, as needed
- Lead/support major or complex pursuits where needed and requested by the business
- Cross Selling – Lead and encourage cross selling of services for Wood across all markets
- Training – Provide training to proposal coordinators
More detailed responsibilities:
- Management of Proposal Coordinators: Allocation and assignment of proposal coordinators to support proposal efforts in Houston office hub for assigned business.
- Final Oversight of Client Submittals: Proposals, pre-qualifications, requests for information, and presentations.
- Management of Proposal Process: Serve as the Project Manager for the entire proposal process from receipt of RFP to proposal delivery as well as any required follow-up. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Supervision of proposal coordinators for assigned business units
- Develop and implement the proposal management plan and responsibility matrix
- Develop and implement the proposal schedule
- Lead proposal kick-off and review meetings
- Facilitate strategy sessions on proposal efforts to develop the win strategy and theme/value proposition for proposals
- Oversee and/or expedite the following proposal processes: information gathering and compilation, data entry, formatting, editing, reviews, reproduction and delivery
- Provide interface management with the entire staff of proposal participants, including: clients, Wood management, business development managers, department managers, project managers, technical managers and engineers, contracts managers, support services managers and other Wood Group companies
- Assist/expedite business development managers in the management review of contract, tax, and insurance requirements
- Develop and/or compile sales, marketing, and technical information for proposal use
- Provide oversight in organizing general proposal files, resources, and boilerplate for quick, efficient and accurate retrieval of information for proposal purposes
- Develop and manage the continual improvement of proposal procedures and guidelines
- Manage the quality verification and improvement process for proposal submittals and ensure compliance with corporate management goals and approved proposal processes
- Ensure proposal consistency for all submittals
- Training of Proposal Coordinators: Responsible for training proposal coordinators and technical proposal managers for the assigned business
- Management of Proposal Budgets: Responsible for the management of proposal budgets, initiatives and expenditures for the assigned business
- Prospect Tracking and Reporting: Assist in the development and organization of the businesses prospect tracking and reporting effort and the CRM system used to manage prospects. This effort may involve the following: prospect list, operations staffing for prospects, measurement of proposal outcomes (win, loss, no bid, etc.), and alignment of prospects with strategic planning, attendance at prospect review meetings and the participation in Lead Review and Approval to Prepare meetings and strategy-to-win sessions.
- Management of the Proposal Review Process: Facilitate technical and commercial proposal reviews and lead red team reviews, and prepare the relevant documentation for those reviews.