Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is searching for a Geospatial Intern to be located in our Durham, NC office. This position is a temporary position with a 10 week minimum duration with the possibility of extension. The candidate will have the opportunity to gain exposure to a wide variety of clients, including: Duke Energy, North Carolina Floodplain Mapping Program, US Department of Defense, and NC Department of Transportation.
- Perform data mining and data organization tasks
- Perform spatial analysis on a wide variety of datasets
- Support other GIS staff with project tasks
- Create maps and reports for delivery to clients
Wood, a global EPC company with over 55,000 employees world-wide, seek a Construction Quality Coordinator for their Siemens-Lincoln County Turbine project at Lincoln Station in Stanley, NC
- Ensure that the construction project plans are properly executed and evaluate the effectiveness of controls delineated in the PQP and implementing procedures
- Perform or verify that all required construction QC sampling, testing and documentation are performed correctly
- Perform acceptance and rejection of services or completed work
- Perform surveillances of project operations
- Provide reports of observation and test results
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned
Wood is currently recruiting for a Document Controller III based in our Houston, TX office at the Park Row location. This is a contract opportunity with multiple benefit plans to choose from.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
Document management responsibilities will include:
- Working on or leading a document control team for a large, complex project
- Project startup/setup, compilation of data books, handover, project closeout and archiving
- Preparing project specific Master Document Registers, procedures, instructions and forms
- Processing engineering and supplier documentation
- Distinguish between different types of engineering documentation
- Receive, process, monitor and expedite internal and external distribution of project documentation files consisting of technical data, engineering and supplier drawings, technical specifications, purchase orders and other project related documents
- Update and maintain project document control record keeping system and project related databases
- Prepare transmittals and distribute data as directed
- Internal quality check of documents and ensure metadata is complete and accurate
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions currently has an immediate opening for a Survey Technician / Party Chief in our Portland, Maine office. This full-time position requires 5 to 8 years of survey instrument experience working in and around highway, roadway, rail, and bridges. Of this experience, the applicant must also demonstrate a minimum of 2 years of leadership - Party Chief experience, and also have a working knowledge of MicroStation software and its data collection – string lines. Maine DOT and the Maine Turnpike Authority has been our client for well over 25 years and we are looking for the right person to continue this long-term contract.
Wood is recruiting for a Senior Power Systems Engineer part-time position at our Tucker, GA office.
- Design single line diagrams, three line diagrams and ac and dc control schematics for heavy industrial power distribution systems
- Perform power system studies including short circuit, load flow, relay coordination and arc flash studies using ETAP, SKM, Easy Power and PS CADD software.
- Perform Grounding Studies using CDEGS
- Perform motor starting and generator transient analysis
- Generate relay logic diagrams and program SEL, Multilin and other electronic relays
- Perform interconnecting wiring diagrams
- Perform Lightning Protection Calculations
- Perform DC Battery system calculations
- Perform ampacity calculations
- Be able to perform NERC/FERC studies
- Perform real and reactive power flow and comply with the utility point of interconnect requirements
- Be able to perform relay communication with DCS
- Prepare Electrical Equipment Specifications, Data Sheets, Purchase Requisitions and Bid evaluations for all electrical equipment such as UAT, GSU, GCB, Switchgear, Transformers, Motor Control Centers and Variable Frequency Drives
- Witness electrical FAT-s
- Assist site commissioning activities for electrical equipment and protective devices.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Logistics & Export Compliance Coordinator to support project logistics in our Houston offices.
The successful candidate:
- Plans, coordinates and executes Logistic functions for projects as directed by contract and project requirements
- Liaises with internal network to develop full understanding of global capabilities of the organization
- Develops key interfaces in support of improved operational efficiency for the group
- Maintains contact with carriers, warehouses, port authorities, and others as necessary to maintain a most favorable business environment, all in accordance with established group policies and procedures
- Assists in the analyzing, planning and implementation of logistics process and procedures, which includes the establishment of measurement and control procedures
- Works on projects of increasing complexity, size, costs, or multiple projects on smaller scales. May also include international projects
- Working knowledge of transportation industry regulatory bodies and requirements, especially export compliance
- Maintaining current knowledge of relevant legislation, political situations and other factors that could affect the movement of freight
Wood is recruiting for a Proposal Coordinator with experience in the Engineering and Construction industry. The successful candidate will work with technical staff to develop winning proposals from small to large Engineering, and EPCM contracts/projects. They will interact with senior staff, project managers, subcontractors, and other proposal staff to gather, organize and synthesize material necessary for developing proposals, and marketing material as needed. The Proposal Coordinator's responsibilities include:
- Leading the development of proposals, marketing materials, client presentations, and other similar information
- Writing, editing, and proofreading proposal and other content to ensure proper messaging
- Reviewing RFPs/RFQs to identify basic proposal requirements
- Developing proposal matrix to assign roles and responsibilities for providing content and information
- Coordinating proposal review meetings, incorporate edits, ensure conformance to formatting and branding guidelines, and submit final deliverable to customer
- Interviewing project managers and other technical staff to gather past project details and other relevant information
- Updating information in project descriptions, resumes, general qualifications to related to RFP/RFQ specifics
- Serving as the point of contact to solicit, receive and integrate content from team members
- Identifying graphics requirements and opportunities and coordinate their development
Wood is currently recruiting for a HealthSafetySecurityEnvironment (HSSE) Trainer to be located in Gregory, Texas.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
• Play a primary role in providing guidance, support and advice regarding HSSE training initiatives.
• Deliver the full suite of HSSE training programs in both English and Spanish
• Maintain positive relationships with Client Representatives and Project Management to ensure Client and business needs are understood and achieved.
• Monitor contractors against HSSE training plans
• Demonstrate HSSE leadership and coaching abilities
• Be aware of Client HSSE requirements and Guiding Principles and actively promote adherence and creations of Industry Best Practice
• Identify and raise any areas of HSSE risk to line management
• Assist in the evaluation of, and maintain proactive relationships with Client, Line Management and Contractors
• Monitor current project work scopes and ensure HSSE Training programs are fit for purpose
• Ensure robust consultation process with workforce by developing and maintaining strong communication links during the training process
• Provide HSSE coaching skills to HSSE initiatives, but not limited to, such as accident and incident investigations, confined space, fall protection Safety management systems
• Implementing and monitoring HSSE Team and Individual training development plans
Daily Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Attend Contractor daily toolbox meetings
• Conduct Training Workshops
• Attend contractor weekly safety meeting
• Develop and implement project HSSE training strategies including development of HSSE training plans and schedules
• Develop and implement competence assurance framework for the project based on industry best practice and CMT needs
• Provide periodic HSSE training status and statistical reports to project
• Establish and maintain systems for HSSE training record keeping.
• Communicate regularly and frequently on all HSSE training and development activities.
• Ensure HSSE training activities integrate with project requirements and are fit for purpose
• Maintain awareness and knowledge of contemporary and out of the box HSSE training and development theory and methods
• Validate HSSE training comprehension and implementation in the field
• Provides real-time HSSE training and reports relevant to project HSSE training needs and reports
• Identify and evaluate job hazards and recommended corrective action
• Monitor and coach supervision, workforce and leadership with HSSE expectations
• Assist all site contractors with the development and implementation of the Project HSSE Training plans
• Ensure Contractors support and engage workers in any safety tasks such as fire watch, confined space guard, bottle watch etc.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking an Entry to Mid-level Environmental Scientist to join our team in Columbia, SC to support our Natural Resources, Water Resources, and Environmental Assessment groups. Ideal candidates will have a Bachelor of Science degree in biology, biological sciences, ecology, environmental science or a related field, and 0-3 years of experience.
- Support various projects within Environmental Branch (e.g., Wetland delineations, stream and wetland permitting, mitigation projects, Phase I Environmental Site Assessments, etc.)
- Conduct field investigations, including wetland delineation, botanical surveys, threatened and endangered species surveys
- Support environmental permitting, stream/wetland restoration, and other water resources projects
- Conduct sampling events (surface water, groundwater, soil) in various site settings
- Assist senior staff with the preparation of technical reports, including compiling analytical data
- Travel/field work (daytime and overnight) will be required (usually in Southeast U.S.) - Field work may account for 50% or more of total work time
- Work outdoors in various weather conditions
- Work with a team of water resources engineers and environmental scientists
- Assist and coordinate with sub-consultants and other regional Wood offices
- Have and maintain a valid driver’s license
Wood seeks a Senior Roofing Engineer for our Asset Management Group. Senior level technical competence is expected with deep experience in roof design and design delivery and management. Equally important are proven abilities and understanding of the responsibilities for managing both project and client needs. Proficiency with computer-based assessment management methods and associated software tools is a plus. We seek an individual with an interest in supporting the growth and expanding our presence in the industrial/commercial and government sectors across the southeast US.
The selected candidate will be involved with various small and large roof replacement projects from the initial site visit through design development, design, construction administration and final acceptance. Through the management of a small team the candidate will coordinate and implement multiple site visits for testing and evaluation of various roof coverings (PVC, BUR, Mod-Bit, etc.) to determine condition assessment with regards to repair/replacement alternatives. Preparation of condition assessment reports will included LCCA analysis, cost estimates, alternative design approaches and time-value of money analysis. Responsibilities will also include preparation and sealing of roof replacement drawings and specifications as the project engineer/architect. Construction administration responsibilities will involve coordination of pre-bid and pre-construction meetings, scope and submittal reviews, on-site inspections, and being able to evaluate and solve unforeseen field conditions.
Wood is currently recruiting for a Finance and Accounting Graduate with an interest in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
The objective of this role is to provide a graduate joining the organisation with a rounded experience within their early career. The role will require the graduate to obtain cycles of experience in different sub functions over a period of 3 years. These cycles of experience will include some of the following:
- Financial Control & Reporting
- Project Accounting
- Investor relations
- F&A Development & Projects
- Internal Audit & Risk
- Tax & Treasure
Within each sub department the role will require the graduate to obtain a understanding of the departments key activities, obtain experience of the basic tasks to be performed, and build a breadth of network and knowledge of the F&A function. The timing and relevant cycles will be determined at the outset of the role. The role will also require travel at times, and some of these cycles of experience may not be performed at the base location of hire.
U.S. Only: Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
Are you an Engineer or Construction Manager (CM) with 5 -10 years of experience? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with senior staff on technically challenging environmental remediation, decommissioning and demolition (D&D), and other construction projects? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established global engineering/consulting firm that values its employee’s enthusiasm and technical contributions? If so, we encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc. (Wood) is currently seeking a Mid- to Senior-Level Engineer or Construction Manager to join our Novi, Michigan team. The role will support the planning and execution of remedial construction, D&D, and other civil construction projects with a broader project team. Remediation projects typically include construction of soil vapor extraction systems, in-situ thermal and chemical oxidation, excavation, caps/covers, sediment dredging and stabilization, and groundwater pump and treat systems. D&D projects range from small ancillary structures to large power or chemical plant facilities. Other construction projects may include the installation of retainage systems (e.g., slurry walls and/or sheet walls), general civil site work, and associated components (e.g., piping, electrical, PLC and HVAC installations). The position is approximately 50 percent field work/travel and 50 percent office work for a wide range of industrial, commercial, federal, state and municipal clients.
- Prepare plans and specifications used to procure contractors to execute the work
- Prepare bidding documents, requests for proposals and assist in contractor procurement
- Prepare or assist in conceptual construction cost estimates
- Understand regulated materials and waste management procedures/requirements
- Review design plans and specifications for constructability.
- Review contractor submittals including qualifications, equipment specifications, data, and Work Plans
- Manage contractors and Wood onsite personnel for compliance with project designs, specifications and contract requirements throughout construction
- Track payment applications, requests for information, change order requests and general construction phase submittals
- Monitor proper documentation of construction activities
- Review daily, weekly and monthly construction reports prepared by field staff
- Develop and maintain project schedules (master and look-ahead)
- Conduct project closeout activities including final inspections, completion of punch lists, and record drawings
- Interface with Wood clients, government officials and other stakeholders
- Maintain permits and training certificates
- Maintain and develop vendor and other professional contacts
- Participate in training events, project meetings, and construction/engineering team meetings
- Work and travel safely, follow company and site safety standards
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Travel to project sites throughout the US
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Production and Quality Lead to join our team in Grand Junction, CO.
Do you enjoy overseeing the production of advanced technology systems and like to travel? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established environmental consulting firm that values its employee’s enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career.
The Advanced Technologies Group (ATG) is responsible for research and development of advanced radiation measurement systems including the ScanSortSM&ScanPlotSM technologies. The production and quality lead reports to the ATG manager and supervises fabricators, design engineers, and assembly technicians. This position is responsible for the administration of the ATG’s Quality Management program, which was developed to control, track, and standardize all maintenance, repair, modification, and new build activities performed by the ATG. The duties include overseeing new system builds, system upgrades, and maintenance and repair of deployed systems. Production responsibilities consist of managing all aspects of fabrication and quality assurance, including establishing and maintaining safe work areas and practices, ensuring that the quality standards of products are met or exceeded, producing clear and complete documentation, and ensuring that quality testing is completed. Additional responsibilities include oversight of an industrial shop and yard, coordinating packaging, shipping, and receiving equipment, and maintaining vehicles and trailers.
- Actively contribute to the ongoing improvement of processes and quality controls
- Supervise design, fabrication, and technical staff
- Manage industrial fabrication shop & equipment yard
- Administer the ATG Quality Management Program
- Ensure adherence to the ATG build standards
- Ensure all production is done following Wood Health & Safety Program and safe work practices
- Develop production work packages and supervise their execution
- Develop and maintain design drawings, user’s manuals, and other controlled documents
- Work with procurement to track and manage assets
- Effectively communicate with ATG team, fabricators, technicians, and other staff
Wood is currently recruiting for an Electrical and Instrument Designer with experience in the chemical manufacturing industry. As the Electrical and Instrument Designer you will be responsible for design work supporting small facility based projects in an active chemical manufacturing plant as part of that plant’s capital project’s group.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Meet or exceed the company’s safety standards
- Comply with all company procedures, engineering practices and other standards
- Read and fully understand P&ID’s and other documents which describe the scope of work to be done
- Provide electrical and instrumentation design support to capital and service projects in a fast paced environment
- Design of MV and LV electrical systems, including both power, control and instrumentation wiring
- Application of company and industry standards to generate instrument and electrical construction packages
- Independently develop detailed wiring diagrams, motor control circuits, MCC layouts, transformer systems, instrument/lighting/grounding plan drawings, electrical schematics, cable tray/conduit sizing, cable selection, PLC panel sizing
- Work closely with plant engineers, contractors, and team members to achieve project success
- Field as-built, measurement, and design as project requires
- Assist with material take-offs and construction estimating
Wood is currently recruiting for a Junior Estimator to join our Process Technology group in Hampton, New Jersey.
- Review customers' specifications for content and completeness and incorporate specific requirements as applicable in the cost estimate
- Initiate and organize systematic files for storage of all job-related hard-copies or electronic files
- Maintain methodical MS Excel files for computation, storage and summarization of estimated data
- Interpret proposal drawings and performance proposal information as a basis for determining cost
- Correspond with various departments requesting additional information where necessary to complete the cost estimate
- Work closely with Proposal Engineers / Managers and advise proposal engineers / managers of any discrepancies or additional information required to complete the estimate
- Review the estimate with management for scope, completeness, sourcing, conformity and accuracy
- Prepare information required for management presentation
- Participate in project kickoff meetings
- Prepare proposal estimate and assist project controls to issue project budget
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a GIS Specialist to join our team in Kennesaw, GA.
- Map production to support a vast array of project types including:
- Wetlands and Threatened and Endangered Species
- Brownfield redevelopment
- Soil and groundwater monitoring and remediation
- Municipal and Federal Government
- Geospatial Analysis
- Data creation, collection and conversion
- Performs standard or routine calculations and map production
- Under supervision, evaluate or analyze data following standard methods or specific instructions
- Recognizes and identifies discrepancies or errors
- Understanding and elevating quality work products
- Creating and maintaining organized data management structures
- Prepare portions of technical reports
- Understands and applies safety requirements
- Responsible for ensuring the Firm’s administrative and financial policies and procedures are followed
- Other duties as assigned
Wood is currently recruiting for a Lead Damage Prevention Advisor (short term contract for 4-6 months) in our Asset Solutions Americas business (ASA) based in our Houston, Texas office.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship is required.
The role will lead the design of safeguards and controls for operations which are heavily focused on ground disturbance/excavation. Responsible for developing the damage prevention program to ensure operational objectives concerning quality, technical specifications, reliability and schedule are met. Ensure compliance with federal and state code regulations related to leak survey and damage prevention
Role Essential Responsibilities:
- Communication – Meet with employees, contractors on-site and at pre-construction meetings to ensure compliance to applicable excavation procedures for large projects, resolves problems, and/or verifies that procedures/processes are being adhered too.
- Prepares various clear and concise written reports and forms.
- Communicates and identifies any errors or omissions regarding any/all ground disturbance work.
- Interacts with coworkers, contractors and client to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Knowledgeable on various electronic devices designed to assist in the locating of subsurface utilities including gas, water, sewer, cable, telephone, fiber optic etc.
- Knowledgeable in distinguishing color to mark utilities according to Common Ground Alliance (CGA) guidelines and the state’s uniform color code designating the corresponding utility.
- Designs and recommends safe work practices and a proactive safety culture while ensuring safety for employees, the public, and the environment always per Wood’s safety standards.
- Advise senior management on company programs and procedures.
Wood is currently seeking a Mechanical Manager in Lake Charles, La to be responsible for the development and administration of the company's Mechanical Integrity program.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
Responsibilities include being able to execute the following:
- Scheduled and unscheduled inspections on static (pressure vessel, drums, piping, relief devices) and rotary equipment.
- Scheduled and unscheduled inspection, testing and calibration of E&I equipment.
- Planning, scheduling and execution of scheduled maintenance and unscheduled maintenance of plant assets.
- Implement management of change (MOC).
- Planning, scheduling and execution of turnaround maintenance (TAM) including capital projects
Mechanical Department shall be responsible for:
- Asset Reliability: Perform Inspection and generate reports, QA/QC of static and rotary assets. Organize field NDT services, manage inspection records, prepare failure investigation report with recommendations, and maintain training record for API inspectors/NDT technicians.
- Engineering Evaluation: Assessment of remaining life, applicability study of codes and standards, necessary engineering evaluation for plant changes/capital projects and feasibility study for implementation for final recommendation
- Inspection Planning: Prepare yearly inspection plan for scheduled maintenance.
- Budgeting: Prepare annual budget for Mechanical Department
- Turnaround Maintenance Planning: Identify and record plant deficiencies, plan corrective action, prepare turn around work list. Prepare a plan, organize external resources for work.
- Capital Project Management: Perform Engineering, Planning, Scheduling, Budgeting and Ordering for Capital projects.
- Workshop Management: Set up and sustenance of workshop for required maintenance support.
- Management of Change: Engineering, feasibility review, record implementation and regularize changes through iProcess.
Wood is seeking an Electrical or Senior Electrical Engineer to work in the Lake Charles, La area.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
The Electrical Engineer has specific responsibilities for managing and completing a wide range of Electrical Engineer functions such as:
- Participate in engineering projects in developing Electrical calculations, drawings, data sheets, project related specifications and other design documentation as required.
- Provide technical expertise on all engineering subject matter pertaining to Electrical Engineering and design.
- Perform regular and timely technical review of electrical engineering deliverables developed by engineering consultants/contractors, ensuring design optimization in compliance with relevant codes, standards and best practices.
- Interact with electric equipment vendors.
- Participate in HAZID’s and HAZOP’s.
- On site review of contractors installation and commissioning for compliance
- Maintain and apply a working knowledge of relevant engineering legislation, building codes and standards as they apply to projects
- Work with other engineers, designers and supervisors as required to support engineering project delivery
Wood seeks a Supply Chain Procurement Buyer reporting to the Project Supply Chain Manager or Supply Chain Management. This role will be based in Longmont, CO.
This position is responsible for effectively and professionally conducting and coordinating the activities associated with purchasing materials and/or equipment. The incumbent has good working knowledge and understanding of procurement concepts, principles and practices, and the techniques of ensuring task completion, project delivery processes, and supplier relationship expectations. The incumbent understands the role of procurement and of this position in the project delivery process, understands the integration of procurement with other project functions, accomplishes value-added expectations, and performs assignments in accordance with established policies and procedures. The incumbent has a good working knowledge and understanding of the concepts, principles, theories, and compliance requirements applicable to the assigned group, subject area, or commodity.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the procurement of goods and administer assigned purchase orders to accomplish project or group objectives and obligations
- Purchasing assignments typically will consist of major purchases of materials and equipment.
- Prepare bidder lists, qualify bidders, prepare requests for quotation, and conduct bid evaluations.
- Recommend source selections, lead purchase order negotiations, and prepare and issue purchase orders.
- Obtain necessary reviews and approvals of bidder exceptions, bid evaluations, recommendations, purchase orders, and change orders prior to execution.
- Utilize established policies, procedures, systems, and tools to assure maximum contribution.
- Evaluate facts surrounding purchase order-related problem areas, determine the most appropriate remedial actions, and implement such actions through available means.
- Administer assigned purchase orders, including change order processing, ensuring compliance with contractual terms and applicable regulations, invoice processing and verification, and performance evaluation; ensuring supplier compliance in a cost-effective, timely, and responsive manner.
- Identify and advise management of purchase order-related risks.
- Development of potential and qualified suppliers, including performance history.
- Maintain purchase order and purchasing process documentation.
- Preparation of proposal deliverables, such as pricing of materials.
- Assist Supply Chain Management in providing other support services as requested.
- Timeliness, accuracy, and adequacy of the purchasing activities.
- Fulfillment of the purchase order requirements.
- Effective management of change activity to protect the company from claims.
- Timeliness, accuracy, and adequacy of purchase order-related problem identification, status reporting, and corrective action.
- Effectiveness of relationships with suppliers, management, clients, and support organizations.
- Gain an understanding of business trends, industry issues and challenges, and supply market trends.
- Determine effective methods of delivering desired results.
- Assurance of the quality of tasks performed and outputs provided.
- Compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Reports to the appropriate Project Supply Chain Manager or other assigned Supply Chain Manager for performance of work and achieving objectives.
- Works under moderate to minimal supervision. No direct reports. Supervises the work of procurement support personnel who assist with the purchasing activities.
- Coordinates with project or departmental personnel in performance of the purchasing activities.
- Commits, spends and controls client and company dollars within limits established in company policies or procedures.
- Makes decisions within the scope of procedures and assures compliance with applicable Procurement policies and procedures.
Project Delivery Knowledge:
- Understands the project delivery processes as used for various contracting scopes (i.e. design, consulting, design-build, program management, construction management), and their relationship to procurement procedures.
- Understands overall corporate resources and capabilities.
- Has good communications and writing skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with suppliers, project teams, clients, and others to organize and motivate achievement.
- Uses personal computer in support of electronic mail, and standard Microsoft Office software.
- Familiar with the capabilities of a materials management system and understands how to use it effectively for the purchasing activities.