Wood is currently seeking a Project Health, Safety, Security & Environmental Coordinator for a project assignment in locations yet to be determined
The position of Project Safety Coordinator reports directly to the Project HSSE Manager and indirectly to the Area HSSE Manager for the Wood Process & Energy Construction Group. The position calls for candidates with passion and drive. This is a senior level role that requires a high level of commitment and dedication to the Safety, Health, Environment, Security and wellbeing of large work force on a major construction project. The ideal candidate will have education, training, and experience in the fields of occupational safety and health commensurate with the desired position. 7 plus years on similar roles. This includes experience with behavior based programs and concepts, training, injury case management, program development, personnel management, leadership development, site management, supervisor engagement, client interaction, management counsel, injury care, and other HSSE experience that may not be listed here.
Key Aims & Objectives
- Actively seek and correct the gaps between good safety performance and great safety performance
- Positively influence all stakeholders by action, belief and conviction in the human system of safety management
- Improve performance by setting an example of no compromise safety excellence
- Prime Responsibilities & Duties
- Provide technical and behavioral leadership and guidance to the assigned Project
- Review existing policies and procedures, making recommendations for improvement
- Assist in the development of new HSSE policies and procedures to meet Project and overall Wood needs
- Lead and support development and implementation of HSSE management systems that support the Project needs. These can include site-specific plans and programs
- Utilize Wood audit protocols for all PPA location
- Lead or participate in investigation of incidents and prepare incident report(s)
- Regularly communicate the status of the Project’s HSSE culture and performance with Project and Corporate Management
- Assist in the planning, recognition, evaluation, and mediation of risk for the Project
- Provide oversight for contractors and subcontractors as necessary to ensure compliance with Wood policy and procedure
- Maintain expert knowledge and assure compliance with all applicable legislative, client, and Wood requirements for the Project
- Facilitate and/or conduct HSSE training for the project as needed, and assure training is tracked internally as required
- Participant in various leadership initiatives currently established in PPA
- Communicate effectively and regularly with Wood employees, supervision, and management
- Provide injury management and care for employees, and provide timely and accurate reporting with internal and external support (including, but not limited to; claims processing, return to work, light duty assignment closure of claims and resolving discrepancies as needed)
- Provide HSSE oversight with commissioning activities
- Compile and share safety lessons learned across Wood
Wood is currently recruiting for Journeyman Electricians with extensive experience in instrument and control wiring, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) wiring and instrument termination boxes in the oil and gas industry.
This is a temporary, rotational position working 3 weeks on, 3 weeks off in North Slope, Alaska. While on site, our employees are provided room and board in a man camp located at the Aurora Inn in Deadhorse, AK - amenities include Cable TV, WIFI, great meals, 24-hour spike room, gym and recreational room. Assignment is scheduled for 2-3 months in length.
- Must have the ability to read safety requirements, instructions in the correct use and maintenance of shop tools and be able to read and understand methods and procedures that are present on drawings, layout work, and just specifications
- Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications
- The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations)
- Experience working with instrument and control wiring, PLC wiring, Instrument termination boxes
- Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it
We are currently recruiting for an Electrical Commissioning Foreman with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
- Ensure crew is on site, prepared and equipped to perform their assignments
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules
- Skilled in electrical installation specifications and procedures in an industrial oil field setting
- Knowledge of electrical circuits including the operation and function of typical electrical devices such as solenoids, relays, motors, transformers, switches, motor control, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), etc
- Knowledge/understanding in Control of Work (Permits) and Lock out tag out (LOTO)
- Extensive experience working with instrument and control wiring, PLC wiring and instrument termination boxes
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Facility Assessor with detailed knowledge and experience in either mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, interior, exterior, or roofing systems to conduct Facility Condition Assessment projects throughout the United States.
- Perform assessments of client facilities using professional expertise and judgment to determine physical condition with specifications and building codes
- Ability to understand a project work plan and execute based on a client’s requirements
- Use tablet - based computer system to identify and document building equipment and components of a building and provide justification for determination of the physical condition
- Work under direct supervision and in accordance with instructions and standard practices; Willingness to collaborate with project team members and be a team player
- Assess multiple buildings within large complexes on a daily basis identifying major components and sub - components as well as supporting systems
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Senior Environmental Project Manager with a minimum of 10 years’ experience to effectively develop project work and manage, implement and oversee sites assessment, due diligence, remediation and reduction of environmental liability under VRP, Brownfields and other regulatory programs, and other related environmental projects in support of industrial and commercial clientele. This exciting opportunity offers a growth position in a team-oriented environment for an individual with an established track record as a Seller/Doer. Candidate should have a successful track record executing and managing environmental projects in this state. Local projects include environmental assessments and studies, environmental remediation, property transactional services, commercial and residential development, and general environmental services. Candidates should be self-motivated have experience with managing a team and able to work on projects with variable complexity. The candidate should possess a balanced portfolio of skills including a strong technical understanding of their primary area of practice and experience in other aspects of environmental consulting, including business development and business management interests and experience, and demonstrated relationship-building abilities.
Reports to: Environmental Unit Manager
- Manage environmental projects including, site characterization, due diligence and property transactional services, remedial designs and implementation, and preparation of reports and other related documentation
- Development of new clients
- Network with new and existing clients to effectively position for and develop work opportunities
- Prepare contract proposals and cost estimates
- Manage project contracts, staff, budgets and schedules
- Perform, analyze and report on specific environmental project tasks under general supervision and research and recommend solutions to technical problems in accordance with accepted scientific/engineering practices and principles
- Participation and collaboration with other Wood offices and staff on larger, multidisciplinary assignments. Some daytime and overnight travel is expected (20-30% of the time)
- Work with and mentor junior and mid-level staff on environmental projects
- Work effectively with team members as well as independently
IE&C Designer will be an individual who will be responsible for the general execution of the Instrumentation, Electrical and Control Systems design activities. The position works with multi-faceted project teams (Project Manager, I&E Lead, Estimator, Planner/Scheduler, Construction, and plant participants, etc.) to facilitate the desired results.
Assist in design package content for I&E disciplines. Activity includes, but is not limited to drawing standardization, scope compliance, installation details, scope of work narrative, final approval validation, etc. which comprises the formal IFC (Issue for Construction) set to construct the initiative.
Basic Job Experience
- Experience in the development of instrumentation drawings and documents such as IO lists, instrument lists, installation details, instrument locations drawings, wiring diagrams and loop sheets.
- Experience in the development of electrical drawings and documents that include one-line drawings, power plans, hazard classification maps, cable routing (cable tray/raceways), cable & conduit schedules, grounding and lighting plans (including photometric studies).
- Experience in the development of control system drawings such as control system architectures, IO card schematics, panel layouts and wiring diagrams.
- Experience developing complete electrical, instrumentation and controls drawing packages as part of construction packages.
- A strong understanding of the National Electrical Code (NEC) and industry design standards.
- The ability to estimate designer hours to perform project related tasks for proposal development.
- Field work required in plant environments.
- Field construction coordination and commissioning/startup support experience a plus.
- Other duties as assigned.
Wood is currently sourcing a General Foreman to join our team in Battleboro North Carolina. You will be responsible for supporting the shipping and receiving department.
U.S. Only: Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
POSITION: General Foreman
REPORTS TO: Superintendent or Manager
TECHNICAL DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Interprets written and/or oral orders, sketches and blueprints to coordinate activities of assigned workers, materials, equipment and tools
- Inspects quality of all work to ensure company standards and project specifications are met
- Assists workers in their performance of assigned duties
- Analyzes and resolves work related problems
- Reviews material received at jobsite to ensure it is correct and not defective
- Checks equipment to ensure proper working conditions
- Maintains time and tracks production
- Interprets and enforces company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations company policy to employees
- May study schedules and estimate worker hour requirements for completion of job
- May make cost estimates for contracts
- Establishes and adjusts work sequences to meet construction schedule, using knowledge of capacities of equipment and assigned personnel
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules. Performs other duties as required
- Use effective verbal and written communication skills
- Be capable of listening and communicating with other supervisors and employees
Wood is searching for an experienced Senior Consulting Engineer, to support our Subsea Systems and Controls group in Houston, TX.
The ideal candidate will have solid experience interfacing with the client, and in specializing, testing, installing and commissioning Hardware (pumps and pump control modules) for Subsea projects.
- Prepare, check and control detailed workpacks / documents / equipment lists for specific jobs in accordance with relevant procedures. He/she will be expected to develop ideas from concept through to eventual delivery.
- Perform Technical monitoring and approval of any work by external contractors or vendors.
- Participate in Safety Reviews / HAZOP, Environmental Impact Assessments and Risk Assessments during the preparation of operations and ensure that the foreseeable effects of specific tasks are fully assessed.
- During offshore operations ensure that necessary Permits are raised and issued in a timely manner to allow operations to be performed in an efficient manner and furthermore, ensure that operations are carried out in accordance with Customer requirements in a cost effective manner.
- Act as Customer Site (Engineering) Representative as required.
- Manage subsea controls vendor design work packages
- Review controls documents and ensure project compliance.
- Interface with process simulation and studies team on field development definition work
- Work with Team Lead to promote Wood subsea systems and processing capabilities
Wood is currently recruiting for an office clerk to support our pipe department on the Catawba, South Carolina project. You will work with the pipe superintendent to monitor the flow of materials, components and paperwork to conform with project schedule. You will be working in the field as well as the site office.
Wood is currently recruiting for a pipe field engineer for our South Carolina project. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining cost tracking tools.
Wood is recruiting for an Assistant Project Manager's position in Seminole, Taxes. This position will work closely with the project and program managers for a major oil & gas producer's maintainence program in southeast New Mexico.
- Day to day correspondence and coordination with client representatives
- Day to day coordination with crews Assist planner/scheduler in updating work completed and develop scheduling and planning for upcoming work packages
- Assist program team with budget and proposal requests
- Quality, safety, and financial performance of projects
Wood is recruiting for a Senior Electrical Designer.
- Input the required design data into electrical index as per the defined structure and format
- 3D Modelling using Aveva PDMS/E3D and Revit
- Carry out cable sizing calculations
- Prepare cable schedules
- Prepare power control/relay schematics, motor elementary and wiring diagrams
- Prepare interconnection diagrams
- Carry out lighting illumination calculations
- Prepare lighting and small power layout drawings
- Carry out cable tray routing drawings 3D Modelling for cable trays and panels
- Prepare electrical installation detail drawings
- Prepare electrical MTO’s
- Prepare earthing layout drawings
- Prepare material requisitions for bulk materials and technical bid evaluations
- Review suppliers’ documents
- Prepare lightning protection system layout drawings
- Preparation of specification for electrical installation and test procedures
Wood’s Nashville, Tennessee Environmental Branch is in search of an Environmental Scientist with 3 to 5 years of experience providing assistance with tasks that include, but are not limited to the following: stream and wetland determinations and delineations, threatened and endangered species coordination and assessments, Section 404/401 water quality permitting, benthic sampling, erosion and sediment control inspections consistent with National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permits, and/or field sampling events. The selected candidate will also be responsible for assisting with preparation of environmental permitting documents and applications for submittal to various local, state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Conducting field work that includes stream and wetland determinations/delineations under the direction of a knowledgeable more senior staff and Project Manager
- Assisting senior staff with the preparation of technical reports including compiling analytical data
- Fieldwork involving lifting equipment, standing, bending, stooping, or climbing over terrain; collecting and processing soil samples
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites in Tennessee and surrounding states, during the work week, if necessary - Occasional non-typical work hours may be required
Wood Automation and Controls is currently recruiting for a CAD Designer / Clerk. Experience in the Automotive Controls industry preferred. Individual must be able to develop electrical controls drawings from engineering markups and manage inventory. This position will report to the branch manager.
This role offers an opportunity to advance your career, challenge your skills, and be part of a winning team.
- Create controls drawings in AutoCAD from engineering markups
- Receive material deliveries and verify accuracy
- Schedule annual safety training for all employees
- Manage parking passes for the local Ford plants
- Local pickup and delivery of materials
- Develop client safety placards using Excel
- Operate an engraving machine to cut tags for electrical devices
- Manage engineering (safety glasses, hearing protecting, & hard hats) and office supplies & stock supplies as needed
- Summarize hours worked by engineers and report to safety as required
- Make hotel arrangements for out of town individuals as needed
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking an Entry-Level Geotechnical Engineer or Engineering Geologist to join our team in Louisville, KY. Are you a recent graduate with some geotechnical engineering experience? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with senior engineers and scientists on a wide variety of projects? Do you enjoy field work as well as engineering analyses? Are you looking for a career with an established geotechnical engineering consulting firm that values its employee’s enthusiasm and technical contributions? Then come join us.
Responsibilities are primarily supporting project managers with a variety of tasks, both in the field and in the office. Work will mostly be based out of Louisville, KY office, but there could be project travel or work assignments from the supporting other offices as well. The candidate should feel comfortable interacting with clients, construction personnel, and sub-contractors as a professional representative of Wood.
- Working in the field on project sites to perform geotechnical investigations, and construction monitoring
- Conduct field exploration programs including managing subcontractors
- Interpret geologic, hydrogeologic, and engineering characteristics of the subsurface
- Performing geotechnical engineering analysis for infrastructure and development project such as foundation, retaining wall, and pavement design
- Oversight of soil excavation, demolitions and environmental treatment system installations under the supervision of an experienced CM
- Office activities include analysis and interpretation of analytical results and the preparation of summary reports under the supervision of project managers
- Learn and stay up-to-date on guidance, state and federal environmental regulations
- Deliver processed data in organized fashion, following data management and network standards
- Participate in training events, project meetings and engineering team meetings
- Work and travel safely, follow company and site safety standards, maintain permits and training certificates
- Work on several projects at one time and maintain successful client relations
- May require weekend and evening work
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Geotechnical Engineer to join our team in the Louisville, KY office. The candidate will support geotechnical field and office services as directed by senior engineers and project managers for geotechnical/civil projects related to energy, transportation, industrial, commercial, and government sector clients.
- Under limited direction of senior staff, lead geotechnical field coordination and technical oversight of site explorations including drilling observation and logging, field reporting, in situ testing, and construction monitoring
- Coordinate laboratory testing assignments, data compilation, and technical review of laboratory results
- Complete preparation of boring logs, data evaluation and engineering analysis, as well as draft design recommendations for subsurface investigation reports
- Draft slope stability, bearing capacity, seepage, and settlement analyses; Capable of designing retaining walls, foundations, embankments, pavements, and drainage features
- Work with senior-level staff to develop proposals, cost estimates, schedules, designs and analyses, budget management, as well as interact with clients on-site and in project meetings
- Assist in staff development and management tasks
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions seeks a dynamic, experienced Administrative Professional to support the client program group based in Oakland, CA. This position is on-call as needed.
- Provides project administrative support for technical reports, communications and certain financial functions for consulting team in serving a large client
- Document formatting and finalization for draft and final submittals
- Hardcopy printing, CD production, and distribution of submitted deliverables
- Update client document submittal instructions/files as needed and communicate changes to the project manager
- Edit/tech edit reports and other deliverables
- Update contact and distribution lists as needed
- Help implement and track client non-disclosure agreement requirement
- Set up phone and projector for client team meetings
- Implement internal filing system rules and document retention policy
- Set up folder directories for new projects
- Assign new project numbers and add to tracking sheets
- Draft invoice filing, tracking, timesheet corrections, QC
- Assist with invoice, cost estimates and proposals, and purchase order tracking
- Assist with tracking access agreements and permits
- Manage deliverables calendars
- Assist with deliverable tracking sheets
- Assist with expense reports as needed
- Coordinate with project managers, task managers, and the project assistant/admin team to ensure all work gets prioritized appropriately and completed on time
Wood Automation and Controls is currently recruiting for a Controls Engineer with extensive experience in the Automotive Controls industry. Individual must be able to perform design, engineering and field start up responsibilities for System Integration in the Electrical Controls industry. In addition, proven troubleshooting skills are necessary.
This role offers an opportunity to advance your career, challenge your skills, and be part of a winning team.
- Review projects including quotes, job specifications and resolve any quote to job specifications differences.
- Review specifications and standard practices – inclusive of the internal hardwired and logic standards, general specifications and scope of work.
- Design requirements which include establishing non-standard designs, generating system map layouts, generating a sequence of operations, reviewing cycle time studies and dimension switch layouts, generation of design packages, design logic, enter logic, and the design of Smart Displays.
- Material responsibility includes advance material order, specifying Mod Box material, specifying Panel material, writing Mod Box EBMs and writing panel material EBMs.
- Assisting with installation
- Debugging with no additional support
- Launch and Standby
Wood is currently recruiting for an part-time CAD Designer for their Greenville, SC office.
Wood is recognized globally and throughout many industries for this engineering capability. We tackle engineering projects ranging in complexity from simple to world class. Customers rely on our engineering design experience and lessons learned where we are able to provide certainty of outcome through world class project delivery. If you are looking for a job where you will be challenged, pushed to excel and given opportunities for growth and increasing responsibility we are convinced you will thrive and enjoy working at Wood. The Atlanta, Greenville, Portland, and Tallahassee offices make up the engineering centers for US Operations within the Wood Process and Energy division. Over the past ten years, Process and Energy has steadily grown from a $500M to $1.7B business and our core values are sharply focused on safety, client satisfaction, having the courage to push boundaries and excellent project execution. Wood P&E is looking for process leaders who want to join a team with a clear vision of the future and a plan for steady long-term growth. We believe our growth is fundamentally the result of our great people who support the business core values and our diversity in successfully servicing one of our key markets the Chemical Industry sector.
This designer will join a team of process engineers designing and modifying facilities which produce chemicals, biochemicals, biofuels and related industrial products.
- Create and assist in Development of Process Flow Diagrams, Piping & Instrument Diagrams and other project drawings.
- Assure quality of all drawings produced
Wood is currently recruiting for a Subsea Controls Engineer with five (5) to ten (10) years experience to support our team in Houston, TX office. This is a contract role in Subsea Controls Operation Support to an Operator (secondment), and the duration is 6 months.
- Will report to the Operator’s Subsea Controls Engineering Team Lead for day to day activities.
- Be able to provide engineering support for the subsea control systems for deep-water floating production facilities.
- Primary focus areas are execution of engineering task and integrity for Subsea controls systems (software, HPUs, umbilicals, hardware, etc.)
- Have knowledge of subsea controls equipment and systems
- A proven track record in the ability to interface with other functional team members and vendors to ensure delivery of a reliable subsea controls system.
- Provide technical engineering support to offshore operations and onshore operating functions
- Directing and assisting with the development of specification and selection of subsea control, umbilical and equipment for subsea production systems, including the testing and commissioning requirements of such systems.
- Estimate costs and timing to bring the project to execution.
- Directing and assisting in development of testing, installation, operation, and maintenance procedures.
- Attend Factory Acceptance Site Integration Tests of new equipment on Contractor's premises; in addition, coordinating the work of contractors employed to design, manufacture, and test subsea control systems, umbilicals and other equipment.
- Directing and assisting with the preparation, checking and approving of procedures and working offshore to ensure successful completion of the procedures.
- Participate in Safety Reviews/HAZOP, Environmental Impact Assessments and Risk Assessments during the preparation of operations and ensure that the foreseeable effects of specific tasks are fully addressed.
- Ensure that the project conforms to appropriate safety standards and carries all necessary safety assessments.
- Contribute to lessons learned exercises.