Wood is currently recruiting for an Instrumentation Technician OJT with experience in the oil and gas industry for Equatorial Guinea in West Africa. This is a 10/3 rotation working 6 days a week.
Maintains instrument and control equipment, troubleshoots to prevent breakdowns, repairs, and
installs equipment. The Technician Instrumentation must possess and demonstrate safety conscience
work & attitude behaviors.
1. Assists in the development, mentoring and training of others within discipline as directed by
2. Uses SAP System to order parts, document repairs, and write work requests.
3. Troubleshoot failed instruments and equipment.
4. Replace/install instrumentation and equipment.
5. Startup process control instrument and equipment.
6. Verify, troubleshoot, and resolving instrument and equipment communications.
7. Inspect instrument wiring, power and grounding of installation.
8. Set-up/Power-up instruments/equipment.
9. Checkout and startup measurement devices and valve communication
10. Provide automation system design including power distribution, equipment specification, and
11. Providing clear and effective documentation of services provided to customers
12. Reads manuals and engineering drawings regarding circuits of instrumentation equipment and
13. Carries out troubleshooting on instrumentation systems and maintains and repairs instrumentation
equipment throughout the facility.
14. Carries out maintenance and repairs to turbine control systems.
15. Perform preventative maintenance on all electrical and instrumentation equipment.
16. Calibrates tests, inspects, operates, troubleshoots and maintains electronic devices (PLCs,
17. Performs and schedules routine maintenance, preventative maintenance and major equipment
18. Maintain an effective Preventative Maintenance program for instrumentation and electrical
19. Able to troubleshoot using P&IDs and loop diagrams.
20. Minor PLC programming when needed.
21. Daily meeting & scheduling of activities with team members and contractors.
22. Installation, operation, and maintenance of equipment as needed.
23. Coordination of projects with management, contractors, and utilities.
24. Train team members and operators on operation of equipment.
25. Completes routine paperwork, forms and reports regarding instrumentation equipment condition
Skills/ Experience Necessary (specify whether they are required or preferred):
High school or Technical school certificate
MS Office Suite
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.