Wood is currently recruiting for an Electrical Technician OJT with experience in the oil and gas industry for Equatorial Guinea in West Africa. This is a 10/3 rotation working 6 days a week.
Maintains electrical equipment and troubleshoots to prevent breakdowns; also repairs and installs
electrical equipment. The Electrical Technician must possess and demonstrate a safety conscience in
work attitude and behavior.
1. Performs tasks, as directed by supervisors, for which he has been trained and is able to perform.
2. Assists in the development, mentoring and training of others within the craft.
3. Uses SAP System to order parts, document repairs, and write work requests.
4. Performs lockout/tagout (LOTO) as per related procedures.
5. Disassembles and assembles electrical motors including disconnection from supply, uncoupling the
motor, replacement of bearings, performing bench tests, and re-installation.
6. Performs preventative maintenance on motors including troubleshooting, removal of air filters,
greasing motors and repair and testing of equipment.
7. Checks and maintains switchgear with regards to circuit breaker operation and protective relay
operation including racking circuit breakers out and in of cubicles.
8. Carries out maintenance and repairs to high voltage switchgear, transformers and associated
electrical equipment up to 13.8KV.
9. Uses equipment-monitoring devices to measure and analyze voltage, amperage, temperature by
thermography, and other process conditions to aid in troubleshooting all types of electrical equipment.
10. Is proficient in use of HiPot and ground bond testing megger equipment.
11. Maintains plant electrical equipment such as starters, switches, etc. for electrical equipment and
HVAC equipment throughout the facility.
12. Uses the proper personal protective equipment (PPE) for a given task.
13. Uses manuals and engineering drawings concerning circuits and electrical equipment.
14. Completes routine paperwork, forms and reports regarding the electrical equipment condition and
15. Carries out inspection and maintenance of high voltage distribution systems Adheres to Health,
Environmental, and Safety (HES) policies and procedures.
16. Stays up to date on their Training Plan.
17. Complies with all corporate policies and fully participates in the MORC program (Safety Training
18. The Employee commits and is obliged to render services in the position with the Company under
the terms and conditions set forth in this Job Scope Description and to carry out the functions that the
Company entrusts to him/her at any given time.
Skills/ Experience Necessary (specify whether they are required or preferred):
Has attended oil and gas industry related OJT
MS Office Suite
Education (specify whether it is required or preferred):
High school or Technical school certificate
Related college trade qualification
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.