Wood is currently recruiting for an Inspection Management Systems Resource Technician with experience in the oil and gas industry for Equatorial Guinea in West Africa.
• The IMS Resource will be working with the Asset Integrity Team in the office and on the field, and
all the client's HES policies and procedures must be followed, and active participation in the client's
safety programs is required.
• Ensure all equipment data, inspection reports, drawings, photos and other pertinent fixed equipment
information is properly stored in the IMS databases.
• Immediately advise department supervision if anomalies are noted upon entry of data into IMS to
ensure that these are promptly evaluated and acted upon.
• Query the IMS database as needed by QA/QC and Inspection Supervisors as well as the Asset
Integrity Superintendent to prepare status reports, inspection due dates, equipment lists and other
summary reports of information in the database.
• Ensure that new inspection reports are made available in the IMS, to the appropriate personnel for
evaluation, review and approval.
• Support client's Responsible Operations Management System (ROMS) process by personal
involvement in activities to enhance performance in Health, Environment, Safety & Corporate Social
• Support client's Integration efforts by personally committing to actively participate in the
mentoring and coaching activities designed to enhance the skills, competencies, and performance of
the National employees working in your assigned area of responsibility.
• Help the smooth IMS migration from ACET software to VISIONS . This includes working closely with
Metegrity to provide all required information extracted from ACET database that needs to be migrated
Skills/ Experience Necessary (specify whether they are required or preferred):
• Must competently read, write and understand the English language
• Must have computer knowledge (Windows, Word, Excel, Power Point) with reasonable keyboarding
skills for both speed and accuracy
• Must have a basic knowledge of piping, pressure vessel, tank and other fixed equipment design and
• Must be able to understand PFD, PID, GA and piping isometric drawings as they apply to fixed
equipment in both an offshore production and onshore gas processing plant environment and have a
basic understanding of the processes involved
• Must be able to interpret inspection drawings and reports prepared by Plant Inspectors and NDT
• Must have experience with Inspection Management Systems (IMS) database software program and
transfer the data in these reports into the IMS database. Experience with ACET and VISIONS are a plus
• Must have the ability to prepare CAD drawings from hand drawn field inspection drawings
• It is understood that the primary function of the individual is to manage ACET/VISIONS data bases
but it is of company preference that the individual is multidiscipline NDT Level II Inspector (minimum
PT,MT,UT,RT and Visual) certified. Others techniques are a plus
Education (specify whether it is required or preferred):
High school or Technical school certificate
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.