Amec Foster Wheeler Martinez (AFWM) is currently recruiting for an Operations and Safety Manager with extensive experience with fossil fuel power plant operations preferably gas turbine combined cycle cogeneration facilities. Also, the individual must be familiar with California Cal OSHA safety standards and requirements.
AFWM a general partner of MCLP (Martinez Cogen Limited Partnership) operates the MCLP facility located in Martinez, California. The MCLP facility is a 100 MW combined cycle cogeneration power plant with a refinery cogeneration host. The plant utilizes two GE Frame 6B gas turbines that feed exhaust gas to Foster Wheeler waste heat boilers to produce 900# steam for use in a GE industrial extraction steam turbine. MCLP sends power, 600# steam, and demineralized water to the refinery as part of a Cogen Agreement. AFWM is a 24-7 operation with 18 full-time permanent employees as part of the Cogen Agreement. AFWM has four – 2 man operation crews comprised of a Lead Operator (control room operator) and PPT (Power Plant Technician) outside operator along with two relief operators (total 10 operators; all IBEW #1245 Union members). Each crew works 12 hours per day on a 4 days on 4 days off work schedule. The relief operators provide vacation and sick coverage for the four crews.
Job Description/ Highlights:
The Operations & Safety Manager oversees all of the MCLP operation. All of the AFWM operators report directly to the Operations & Safety Manager. Reports directly to the AFWM Plant Manager. This is a exempt position, eligible for established corporate benefits.
• Optimize MCLP plant performance
• Primary contact for operating emergencies
• Responsible for site safety and associated established safety program.
• Leads the Cal OSHA VPP (Voluntary Protection Program) recertification (every 3 yrs.).
• Provides oversight for unit outages and start-ups while integrating safety including the established site LOTO (Lock Out Tag Out) energy isolation safety program.
• Authorize and approves operator’s timesheets and leaves of absences, produces operator work schedules all in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) between AFWM and the IBEW #1245.
• Responsible for all OSHA and corporate required safety reports including lost time accidents and Cal OSHA VPP annual report.
• Manages / assigns operator preventative work orders system.
The candidate for Operations and Safety Manager must have extensive experience with fossil fuel power plant operations preferably gas turbine combined cycle cogeneration facilities. Also, the individual must be familiar with California Cal OSHA safety standards and requirements.
• Must have at least 5 years’ experience with power plant operations including water demineralization.
• Must have experience operating a gas turbine combined cycle cogeneration power plant
• Must have supervisory experience
• Must have experience using CMMS software for work orders and creating purchase requisitions
• Must have experience with Microsoft office software products including Word and Excel
Amec Foster Wheeler is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life-cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.