Wood is currently recruiting for a Document Controller IV based in our Houston, TX office at the Park Row location.
Document management responsibilities will include:
• Working on or leading a document control team for a large, complex project
• Project startup/setup, compilation of data books, handover, project closeout and archiving
• Preparing project specific Master Document Registers, procedures, instructions and forms
• Processing engineering and supplier documentation
• Distinguish between different types of engineering documentation
• Recieve, process, monitor and expedite internal and external distribution of project
documentation files consisting of technical data, engineering and supplier drawings, technical
specifications, purchase orders and other project related documents
• Update and maintain project document control record keeping system and project related
• Prepare transmittals and distribute data as directed
• Internal quality check of documents and ensure metadata is complete and accurate.
• 5 years of experience in Document Control
• 2 years of Industry related experience (Engineering, Procurement & Construction)
• High School Diploma or GED
• Have familiarity with engineering project document types and associated requirements
• Basic knowledge of Electronic Document Management System and project related databases.
• Basic knowledge of ISO 90001
• Proficient in MS Office software
• Ability to gather and prepare Engineering information in the required format for handover to the
• Ability to provide tag to document relationship metadata
• Ability to resolve routine problems and questions independently
• Effective oral and written communication skills with good vocabulary, good grammar and the ability
to independently compose written communications
• Ability to handle tasks simultaneously and to work effectively with interruptions
• Good organizational and time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
• Effective communication skills (written and verbal)
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.